Bad experience at Carmike Cinemas

Posted in the Bluefield Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Broke in bluefield

Bluefield, WV

#1 May 21, 2011
Went to that theatre in Bluefield and spent a total fortune for a movie that will be a dollar on Redbox in no time. Popcorn so high could have eaten a steak. But, the worst is why do they have a row so close to the screen. We don't go much and had to look straight up at giant screen. I became dizzy and sick so could not eat the popcorn and drink. Dropped 50 bucks for a miserable experience. Would be interested to know if Tazewell or Welch cheaper as would spend the extra gas money not to be miserable.Has anyone else had terrible experience at Carmike Cinemas? With the economy wiill be looking for more bang for the buck.
ernies son

Bluefield, WV

#2 May 21, 2011
Broke in bluefield wrote:
Went to that theatre in Bluefield and spent a total fortune for a movie that will be a dollar on Redbox in no time. Popcorn so high could have eaten a steak. But, the worst is why do they have a row so close to the screen. We don't go much and had to look straight up at giant screen. I became dizzy and sick so could not eat the popcorn and drink. Dropped 50 bucks for a miserable experience. Would be interested to know if Tazewell or Welch cheaper as would spend the extra gas money not to be miserable.Has anyone else had terrible experience at Carmike Cinemas? With the economy wiill be looking for more bang for the buck.
Well maybe you should be jogging on a treadmill instead of sitting on your fat azz feeding your face with popcorn! Nobody forced you to sit in the front row of the theater! Geez! If only my daddy could have read this stupid post! Oh And if u get dizzy just looking at a tv screen maybe u need to go to a doctor and get checked for stupidtitus!

Level 1

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#3 May 21, 2011
i see some one got a amber alert on ernie lets hope he gos missing again i heard he was last seen with bend over billy an were headed to mr.fill them up house.he was last seen wareing nothing but a smile an a bottle of k y lube
IKNOW

Bluefield, WV

#4 May 21, 2011
The movies ALL have become way too expensive...by the time one buys ONE ticket-popcorn and a drink you have spent enough to eat out nicely AND multiply that by the number in your family.
Renting a movie anywhere is cheaper or if you have satellite service renting is a point and click snap and far cheaper....popcorn and drinks far cheaper as well.If one has cable and a cable box it is a simple matter to select and view a movie so there are cheaper alternatives and I guess a lot are going that way...no gas cost either!
Ronald

Rock, WV

#5 May 21, 2011
I don't like that co-manager right wing nutjob bitch, she runs her mouth all the time repeating what she heard on Rush Limbaugh that day and thinks Fox News is the gold standard in news. I heard her saying Obama needs to know the difference in a White House and a Black House like she was the original racist to come up with that shit. If I see that C U NNNNNNTTTT, I just leave and come back to watch a movie when she's not working. I like the theater, it's nice enough but the sound is too loud for me a lot of times.
movies

Madison, TN

#6 May 21, 2011
The Carmike Theatre is not only overpriced but the place is filthy and the staff is extremely rude; as if you are invading on their time by actually expecting them to do their job.

One other disconcerting problem that keeps our prices as paying customers high; I saw the young man taking tickets allow about 6 thug kids into the movie for free. Incidentally, they were also apparently friends with the concessions stand worker because they all know each other by name. A short time later I saw one of the young men working at an area McDonalds, I wonder if he gives them free food? I asked the young man taking tickets if they worked there and he said no, I guess he was not observant enough to realize that several people saw him let them in. One lady said she complained to management but they were in the same movie as we were and walked out when the movie was over, the same as we did. Worse yet, they just walked into another movie.

In the future we will just wait for the movie to come out in DVD or on tv, its worth the wait to avoid giving Carmike my business.
Wvbaby

United States

#7 May 21, 2011
I toke my daugher and her best friend to see Justin bieber never say never movies and the tickets were 12 dollars a piece. I was shocked never will take me or my children there again. Popcorn and pop are ridiculous also.
lol

United States

#8 May 21, 2011
Only a schmuck pays for movies. I saw the new Pirates movie a month ago.
Broke in bluefield

Bluefield, WV

#9 May 21, 2011
ernies son wrote:
<quoted text>
Well maybe you should be jogging on a treadmill instead of sitting on your fat azz feeding your face with popcorn! Nobody forced you to sit in the front row of the theater! Geez! If only my daddy could have read this stupid post! Oh And if u get dizzy just looking at a tv screen maybe u need to go to a doctor and get checked for stupidtitus!
oBVIOUSLY AN EMPLOYEE or someone who has a keen interest in this place. I do not need to get on treadmill,you idiot, as i am slightly on the thin side. I was not eating the popcorn, as I has stated. There was no other seat available, idiot. Now I know why things are so bad there, as hires people like you. It is not uncommon for fast moving things too close to make one dizzy, and here is hoping you get dizzy instead of dumber.
ernies son

Princeton, WV

#10 May 22, 2011
Broke in bluefield wrote:
<quoted text>oBVIOUSLY AN EMPLOYEE or someone who has a keen interest in this place. I do not need to get on treadmill,you idiot, as i am slightly on the thin side. I was not eating the popcorn, as I has stated. There was no other seat available, idiot. Now I know why things are so bad there, as hires people like you. It is not uncommon for fast moving things too close to make one dizzy, and here is hoping you get dizzy instead of dumber.
Blah blah blah! Fatty get off topics and back to the treadmill! Time for u to burn off them twinkies and stop being little baby! Prices too high boo hoo, I had to sit to close boo hoo! Well maybe if u would get to the theatre on time and would not show up late during the previews u could have chosen a better seat, ya think? stupid ppl! Don't reply back cause nobody cares what u thank! Geez!
Savage

Antioch, TN

#11 May 22, 2011
Movies suck but the female workers are easy, so it balances itself out!
Broke in bluefield

Bluefield, WV

#12 May 22, 2011
ernies son wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah blah blah! Fatty get off topics and back to the treadmill! Time for u to burn off them twinkies and stop being little baby! Prices too high boo hoo, I had to sit to close boo hoo! Well maybe if u would get to the theatre on time and would not show up late during the previews u could have chosen a better seat, ya think? stupid ppl! Don't reply back cause nobody cares what u thank! Geez!
You are such a total loser to have to stay in your Mama;s basement with no life, and get on Topix and be mean. Your little job gonna be outta business soon. Find ya another min wage job loser. LOL LOL
to stupid

Bluefield, WV

#13 May 22, 2011
ernies son wrote:
<quoted text>
retard stop posting under another name,this is old stupid ernie......hey hows yo ugly wife??
ernies son

Princeton, WV

#14 May 22, 2011
to stupid wrote:
<quoted text> retard stop posting under another name,this is old stupid ernie......hey hows yo ugly wife??
leave my daddy out of this. this topic is about fat ppl complaining about Carmike Cinemas popcorn prices not my daddy. if you want to talk about ernie he has about 5 topix of his own. he is no longer with us so show some respect and leave him alone. if u wanna pick on somebody try picking on me dirtbag, I will burn your ass worse than the mavericks did to the lakers in he playoffs! dont try me, and dont ever call my mommy ugly! ppl tell me all the time my mommy looks like Katy Perry but with bigger boobies! dream about that tonight, dork!
Yo Mama Fugly ugly

Bluefield, WV

#15 May 22, 2011
ernies son wrote:
<quoted text>
leave my daddy out of this. this topic is about fat ppl complaining about Carmike Cinemas popcorn prices not my daddy. if you want to talk about ernie he has about 5 topix of his own. he is no longer with us so show some respect and leave him alone. if u wanna pick on somebody try picking on me dirtbag, I will burn your ass worse than the mavericks did to the lakers in he playoffs! dont try me, and dont ever call my mommy ugly! ppl tell me all the time my mommy looks like Katy Perry but with bigger boobies! dream about that tonight, dork!
YOUR mAMA IS EXTREMELY UGLY AND FAT. iS THAT WHY YOU HAVE FAT ON THE BRAIN. I won't hurt yo lil feelings ,but why do you look like yo ugly fugly Mama
ernies son

Princeton, WV

#16 May 22, 2011
Yo Mama Fugly ugly wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR mAMA IS EXTREMELY UGLY AND FAT. iS THAT WHY YOU HAVE FAT ON THE BRAIN. I won't hurt yo lil feelings ,but why do you look like yo ugly fugly Mama
blahahahaha that was so halarious! you should have been a comedian instead of working at wendys! im gonna call everybody i know and tell them how funny that comment was. fugly ugly dork!

Level 1

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#17 May 23, 2011
Ronald wrote:
I don't like that co-manager right wing nutjob bitch, she runs her mouth all the time repeating what she heard on Rush Limbaugh that day and thinks Fox News is the gold standard in news. I heard her saying Obama needs to know the difference in a White House and a Black House like she was the original racist to come up with that shit. If I see that C U NNNNNNTTTT, I just leave and come back to watch a movie when she's not working. I like the theater, it's nice enough but the sound is too loud for me a lot of times.
Some friends of mine heard said they heard the manager laughing and bragging about raising the prices of everything. Said it was easy to do because people were stupid enough to pay the higher prices. We all quit going down there.
usher security

Princeton, WV

#18 May 23, 2011
Yeah I remember you, you was the one I had to kick out for talking on your cell phone. You need to have respect for others and stay off your damn phone. You don't like management because we have a hard job to do and that's because of idiots like you.
Elephant

Beckley, WV

#19 May 23, 2011
We need a new local theater like the one that is in Beckley!
1 post removed
Holden Caulfield

Rock, WV

#21 May 23, 2011
Elephant wrote:
We need a new local theater like the one that is in Beckley!
I wish they'd bring back the drive-ins. They are perfect for summer with the playgrounds and good family fun atmosphere. This Carmike Theater is a cesspool, I doubt if they've cleaned it in twenty years except for when it floods, I'd guess that's the only cleaning it gets.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
2000 Ford Ranger 4-sale (Oct '08) 6 min LorrieN 3
Why I hate Black People 32 min DJ Black Man Wille 11
Mexicans and their stink 34 min DJ Mexican Bob 9
Yankee DJ Cole Slaw NO MORE BULLYING 1 hr Tommy 1
Hello from Cabbage Headcabbage NO MORE 1 hr Tommy 1
Yankee DJ Cole Slawsays good morning and No More 1 hr Tommy 1
GAME ***Last Word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr Princess Hey 11,913

Bluefield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance