Who makes the best hotdogs?

Posted in the Bluefield Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Harry Callahan

Clay, WV

#1 Oct 20, 2012
Looking for a good hotdog that gets all over everything and everybody.
Bob Lilly

Clay, WV

#2 Oct 20, 2012
DQ in Hinton
I KNOW

Bluefield, WV

#3 Oct 20, 2012
DQ in Hinton without a doubt!There are folks that drive from here over there just to visit that dairy queen and have hot dogs.Kirks in Hinton as well has good Hot dogs.Kirks has great food period!
Mike Bowman

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Oct 20, 2012
With out a doubt Double Gates Grocery Across from Graham High School fixes The Best Hot Dogs and Cheeseburgers around. Randy is a Real Good Cook.
Sincerely Mike Bowman, aka "DJ Wolfman Mike"
HD Fan

United States

#5 Oct 20, 2012
Mattie at Double Gates
Ray Ray

Princeton, WV

#6 Oct 20, 2012
Wolfman Mike in Yards VA
I KNOW

Bluefield, WV

#7 Oct 20, 2012
For this area double gates grocery is awesome on the cheeseburgers and hot dogs both.

“Mean People Suck”

Level 3

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#8 Oct 20, 2012
Lynns Drive-in has a really good footlong slawdog!
but i'm like you guys i dont think many out there can beat the DQ in Hinton....
my two cents worth

Bluefield, WV

#9 Oct 20, 2012
Yes, the DQ in Hinton is the best. Also, that wonderful view is worth the drive. I had always loved Lynn's Drive Inn but a few years ago got a hot dog and it was way toooooo hot with pepper. Never went back, as good hot dog chili does not have to be too hot for sensitive people. The DQ on Oakvale road has good hot dogs also.
Harry Callahan

Clay, WV

#10 Oct 20, 2012
I'm for sure going to make a trip to Double Gates next week and get me a mess of their dogs and see what the fuss is all about. I'll give you my report later that evening. I'll try Lynn's, too . I have heard good things about their dogs. Thanks. Harry
Jeff Here

Athens, WV

#11 Oct 20, 2012
Lynn's Drive Inn....Now if Jumpin Jacks in Glenwood was still around, that would be my vote!

“Life is like a broken record..”

Level 6

Since: Sep 12

Except the voices keep changin

#12 Oct 21, 2012
I'm very scrutinous when it comes to rating steaks, hamburgers, ect.. I take it VERY seriously.

The best public hot dog you can get is the Dairy Queen on Cumberland Rd., Bluefield, WV. It has the best dogs from here to the east coast. I have ate at them all, including Hinton. The only hotdog/slawdog that beats theirs is my wife's.

The BEST steak comes off my grill. The next best place is the steakhouse beside the Blacksburg Mall, in Blacksburg, Va.

The best public hamburger can be found at Five Guys, Burgers and Fries in Salem VIRGINIA, not to be confused with WV.

And there it is. You want the best? There they are. It's taken alot of traveling to get that information.
Harry Callahan

Clay, WV

#13 Oct 21, 2012
Thanks for all the suggestions.

I have usually find decent hotdogs at any ball park. Our local rooky clubs have good ones but the dogs at Hunnicutt are usually a notch above those at Bowen Field. Reagardless, Bogart once said that a hotdog at the ball park is better than a steak at the Ritz. Seeing how I never got a steak at the Ritz, I'll take his word for it.

I miss Orange Julius hotdogs.
dragonfly

Bluefield, WV

#14 Oct 21, 2012
Definitely agree with Double Gates Grocery, DQ, and Kirk's, but I enjoyed a good hot dog @ Berkshire's as well. Little pricey, but good.
I KNOW

Bluefield, WV

#15 Oct 21, 2012
I heard Berkshires were good as well I think they use Nathans franks boy those are good...pricy but tasty.
Homey

Lerona, WV

#16 Oct 21, 2012
Me. I make the best homemade chili around. My hotdogs are the bomb.
pumpfe

Saint Paul, MN

#17 Oct 21, 2012
Double Gates Grocery has the best chili for their hot dogs; therefore, they have the best hot dogs. The Cumberland Road DQ has some very good dogs too. The Bluefield, VA DQ used to have great dogs, but I think they've changed the chili and they're not as good as they used to be.
Harry Callahan

Clay, WV

#18 Oct 23, 2012
Got a couple of slaw dogs from Princeton Avenue DQ today. They were good and hit the spot! Just as good, and maybe a tad better than Hinton. On to Bershire's later this week. Will file a report report afterwards.
John

Minneapolis, MN

#19 Oct 23, 2012
Ray Ray wrote:
Wolfman Mike in Yards VA
you are right about wolfman mike he does know how to make some good homemade hot dog chili. and have you ever tried any of his homemade pepper jelly
and homemade applebutter they are good too.
"John"
It Is What It Is

Clay, WV

#20 Oct 24, 2012
Skeeter's in Wytheville has good hotdogs. Double Gates is REALLY good too.

Berkshire dogs suck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Game - Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Jul '11) 1 min luci 13,114
GAME ***Last Word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 min luci 9,647
Food Word Game (Feb '15) 9 min luci 3,190
4 Letter Word Game (Nov '14) 10 min Mark mark 10,899
Home is Where the Heart is ~ A thru Z ~ (Jul '16) 19 min luci 1,683
3 Word Game 21 min luci 638
Last Word as First 34 min luci 751

Bluefield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance