Who would you like to see run for Mercer Co.Sherff
A Fan

Madison, TN

#2 Dec 29, 2009
Darryl
Hmmmm

Franklin, TN

#3 Dec 29, 2009
Darryl would make a good sherrif. I think Bill Harman would be excellent too. What the sherrifs department needs is someone who will stand up to the county comission and fight for what their officers need. You know one told me they had to buy their own bullet proff vest. Thats ridiculous. They pay these guys barely minimum wage to take a bullett for you and you cant buy them a vest. I know i have issues with the sherrifs dept but its honeslty not with their officers but how the place is ran. I can tell you someone else that would be good I just dont know how close to retirement from the state police he is and that is Sgt. Pauley. He seems to run a good ship. He seems to have is officers adequately distributed among shifts and all. I know there are at least 3 sgts and i really do not know if its miller, clemmons or pauley that runs things but im guessing Pauley he looks to be the oldest and I would guess the other two are too young to be taht close to retiremet. I think it may be time to get someone completley new. Get either a former state trooper or maybe Bill. Someone who can come in with fresh eyes. I know despite his mistakes Wills did make some improvements for the good at the Sherrifs Dept. Hell when he came in they were all driving cars that was 5 or 10 years old. I think those guys need someone to look out for them not number one.
a fan

Maysel, WV

#4 Jan 1, 2010
Wills made some mistakes but he was and is a good man some people just have to have a downfall that seems to be so stupid Danny just fell into that trap of his own making but he is still a fine man he had demons to face just like all of us
dhk

United States

#5 Jan 2, 2010
a fan wrote:
Wills made some mistakes but he was and is a good man some people just have to have a downfall that seems to be so stupid Danny just fell into that trap of his own making but he is still a fine man he had demons to face just like all of us
i heard kevin weise was going to run from oakvale and weise trucking
Hmmmm

Franklin, TN

#6 Jan 2, 2010
I personally would not vote for someone without some laweforcement experience. I think change is good but you need someone with some experience in there other wise all you are going to get is someone who dont know what they are doing and if you are lucky they will listen to teh men there who do like Darrell bailey. If you are not then the sherrifs department will be in deep $hit for the next 4 years.
Hahaha

United States

#7 Jan 4, 2010
Darrell Bailey, a good sheriff, what a joke??? hahahaha, thats REAL FUNNY... He wouldnt get my vote!
who

Princeton, WV

#8 Jan 4, 2010
I would like to know who do you think would make a good Sheriff? Any local people you would vote for
Hahaha

United States

#9 Jan 4, 2010
Harold Buckner was a good Sheriff I would like to see him run again and Mike Gills would make a great Sheriff also....Those are the two I would like to see with experience become the Sheriff...However someone new with fresh ideas and values would be good also....As long as I get to vote and the county commission does not get to appt someone who has lost 95% of every politcal office he has ran for...Way to speak for the people of the county commissioners(hahaha)...When election time comes around for them my vote will be changing there too!
Team Mac

Princeton, WV

#10 Jan 4, 2010
This post is also on the Princeton forum, like I said on there Mac McCarty would have my vote. He is a stand up guy which is what Mercer Co. needs, with good morals, and with a fresh perspective. He also has law enforcement background. Mercer Co. is in need of change and Mac would be the man for that change.
change

Bluefield, WV

#11 Jan 4, 2010
We need someone new with good ideals to make our county safe. I would like to see a new face instead of the same old people just that go from one office to the next. The way that it has been forever same people just a new old office.
I KNOW

Spanishburg, WV

#12 Jan 4, 2010
Mac Mc Carty would be a real great choice ge was a trooper and a really good one,I do not know IF he would run but qualification wise he would be a really good one.He has solis Law Enforcement experience and a good rep as well.

He would be good for the department and the office, the county and the people.
I KNOW

Spanishburg, WV

#13 Jan 4, 2010
Mac Mc Carty would be a real great choice he was a trooper and a really good one,I do not know IF he would run but qualification wise he would be a really good one.He has solid Law Enforcement experience and a good rep as well.

who

Elkins, WV

#14 Jan 5, 2010
I KNOW wrote:
Mac Mc Carty would be a real great choice he was a trooper and a really good one,I do not know IF he would run but qualification wise he would be a really good one.He has solid Law Enforcement experience and a good rep as well.
who
For sure

Clay, WV

#15 Jan 5, 2010
Darrel Bailey the nicest guy ever. He taught me karate in the 90's. He has been there for years.
Not Mac

Marion, VA

#16 Jan 12, 2010
Mac would neverr be elected --- hasn't won one yet.
flip

Lerona, WV

#17 Jan 12, 2010
darrell bailey is a ass wipe
Former Sizemore

Beckley, WV

#18 Jan 12, 2010
For sure wrote:
Darrel Bailey the nicest guy ever. He taught me karate in the 90's. He has been there for years.
What's karate got to do with it, the sheriff has to have experience in police enforcemnet....be able to work with his
deputy's, protect the public. I'ts a big job and with lots of requirements you don't put someone in because he teaches karate.
You must still be wet behind the ears.
get it right

Beckley, WV

#19 Jan 12, 2010
Former Sizemore wrote:
<quoted text>
What's karate got to do with it, the sheriff has to have experience in police enforcemnet....be able to work with his
deputy's, protect the public. I'ts a big job and with lots of requirements you don't put someone in because he teaches karate.
You must still be wet behind the ears.
He has about 30 years experience dumb as$
Welch WV

Princeton, WV

#20 Jan 19, 2010
I think Jose Centeno from SRVCTF should run for Sheriff. He is honest, caring, TRUST WORTHY and a family man. He has 18 years experience with the WV State Police.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beaver vs. Giles 22 min Wang 11
warning !!!! 29 min Wang 4
The Meatles - Rear End 51 min Apple Butter Records 2
GAME ***Last Word + 2 (Mar '12) 9 hr luci 11,277
4 Letter Word Game (Nov '14) 9 hr luci 12,877
Game - Keep a Word - Drop a Word (Jul '11) 9 hr luci 14,765
Midway 9 hr Phil 3

Bluefield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance