Graham High School
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
concerned

Princeton, WV

#1 Nov 2, 2010
There are a lot of posts on here about the people in graham...Im new to the area, what about the staff and school itself?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 2, 2010
Well, as a person who's been there...I would NEVER put my child in this school. It's all about what your last name is and what your social standing is. I was bullied so badly by students AND a few teachers I left school for homeschooling. Lots of the kids are spoiled and entitled, and if you don't have the most expensive phone and the latest designer fashions, purses, etc...your automatically at outcast. There are a few nice ones there, but for the most part, its bad. The worst school I've ever been to, and you couldn't pay me to go back. Its not worth the rumors and torment.
been there doing that

United States

#3 Nov 2, 2010
MacCouture wrote:
Well, as a person who's been there...I would NEVER put my child in this school. It's all about what your last name is and what your social standing is. I was bullied so badly by students AND a few teachers I left school for homeschooling. Lots of the kids are spoiled and entitled, and if you don't have the most expensive phone and the latest designer fashions, purses, etc...your automatically at outcast. There are a few nice ones there, but for the most part, its bad. The worst school I've ever been to, and you couldn't pay me to go back. Its not worth the rumors and torment.
Well, coming from someone else who has been there.....I loved it and my children love it. And no I didn't have and my children do not have "the most expensive phone" or "the latest designer fashions" You will find spoiled children in every school and you will find bullies in every school. There are rumors and "torment" in every high school.

If you left Graham for home school, and it is the worst school you have ever been to....how many schools have you been to?
grad 07

Nashville, TN

#4 Nov 3, 2010
i graduated from that school in 2007 and i have to disagree with MacCouture i came from a home that didnt have a lot of money and honestly i fit in just fine...i mean i had nice things but not anything like the popular people had and as far as the teachers go they are great
exgman

Princeton, WV

#5 Nov 3, 2010
the teachers are pretty good, except the science teachers. most of them are too close minded. the history teachers are great tho
percy

Antioch, TN

#6 Nov 3, 2010
it's a great place. You won't find any public schools that are much better. People are down to earth. More pride needs to be taken in the appearance of the school, needs a serious makeover on the outside, but it's a good place to send your kids.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#7 Nov 3, 2010
been there doing that wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, coming from someone else who has been there.....I loved it and my children love it. And no I didn't have and my children do not have "the most expensive phone" or "the latest designer fashions" You will find spoiled children in every school and you will find bullies in every school. There are rumors and "torment" in every high school.
If you left Graham for home school, and it is the worst school you have ever been to....how many schools have you been to?
I've been to about 3 other schools. None of them were like Graham. You may find spoiled children in every school and bullies, but I have NEVER seen it as bad as it is in Graham. I came to Graham and within the first month they had started a rumor that I was pregnant. I never was, and to this day I'm not, just so you know. And trust me, I'm NOT fat. I may not be a size 0 or 1 like most of them are but I'm not fat.
I was bullied to the point I would come home and cry every day, and when I was in school I couldn't even concentrate when I was there because people were constantly stealing my papers and picking on me. I never did anything to deserve that. I just minded my own business and was nothing but nice when talking to someone. The last day I was in school someone took my paper and copied off of it, I told the teacher, and he didn't do anything about it. Yeah, I could have retaliated, but then I would have been the one in trouble. The person who had the locker next to me hit me with their locker door between every class, and before leaving, they called me a bitch. I never went back after that.
I never did anything to anyone to EVER deserve that. I was just your typical, shy, quiet, A-B honor roll student.
Disagree

United States

#8 Nov 5, 2010
I disagree with maccouture. This person sounds to me like someone who is holding a grudge for some imaginary wrong. I attended ghs and my parents were just plain middle
class. We lived in the west graham area. I fit in with everyone. It's all about what kind of person you are and how
well you get along with others. The school itself is wonderful and provides an excellent academic environment and opportunities for it's students.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#9 Nov 5, 2010
Imaginary wrong, lol. Because I really did IMAGINE someone hitting me with their locker and calling me a bitch. Go ahead and be ignorant. But I was just there (left in November 08) and I KNOW what its like.
grahamgrad

Brentwood, TN

#10 Nov 5, 2010
I too graduated from Graham High School where the kids were treated differently according to their parents social standing in the community.I HATED the way many of us were treated just because our parents didnt have the money that some of the local attorneys, doctor, ect. children had.I got a so-so education and was bullied daily.Some of the teachers (especially one teacher) had a child that went to school with me and therefore NOTHING was done to the kids that tormented us.The happiest day of my life was when I got to leave that HELL HOLE. I WOULD NOT ENROLL MY DOGS THERE!!!!!!!!!!
here

United States

#11 Nov 5, 2010
there football coach is awful

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#12 Nov 6, 2010
grahamgrad wrote:
I too graduated from Graham High School where the kids were treated differently according to their parents social standing in the community.I HATED the way many of us were treated just because our parents didnt have the money that some of the local attorneys, doctor, ect. children had.I got a so-so education and was bullied daily.Some of the teachers (especially one teacher) had a child that went to school with me and therefore NOTHING was done to the kids that tormented us.The happiest day of my life was when I got to leave that HELL HOLE. I WOULD NOT ENROLL MY DOGS THERE!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you! God, I was starting to think everyone here was totally clueless. It really is a hell hole and I'm glad my parents let me leave. I'm doing way better in Homeschool than I ever did at Graham.

And to the person who said the football coach is awful, your exactly right, lol! They're actually trying to get him removed. I'm glad, because Marrs has done some pretty disgusting things besides be a bad coach.
yesindeed

Bluefield, VA

#13 Nov 6, 2010
grahamgrad wrote:
I too graduated from Graham High School where the kids were treated differently according to their parents social standing in the community.I HATED the way many of us were treated just because our parents didnt have the money that some of the local attorneys, doctor, ect. children had.I got a so-so education and was bullied daily.Some of the teachers (especially one teacher) had a child that went to school with me and therefore NOTHING was done to the kids that tormented us.The happiest day of my life was when I got to leave that HELL HOLE. I WOULD NOT ENROLL MY DOGS THERE!!!!!!!!!!
The differences the Teachers show students start way before High School, it actually starts in early grade School, School officials can deny it all they want to but if a child lives in a "Desirable" neighborhood and the School thinks the parents have "Money" they are definately treated differently. So Funny how all the kids with IN DEBT parents are always in the same class together!!!!!!!!!! We are not blind Tazewell County!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#14 Nov 6, 2010
You are so right! We're not "rich" but we're not poor either...my parents have worked hard for everything they have...and my mom was about to bust some butts at that school, I tell ya. LOL. She was so mad at the way they were treating students. They have a no tolerance policy for bullying....the person who was bullying me happened to be a "rich kid" and the counselor actually took up for him! She told my mom, "Well, you have to understand that these kids that bully probably don't get much attention at home."

Well, even if that is the case, that does NOT justify bullying. It isn't the victims fault and they shouldn't have to suffer for it. But I really think this kid was just spoiled and thought he could do whatever he wanted to do because I was a girl.
yesindeed

Bluefield, VA

#15 Nov 6, 2010
MacCouture wrote:
You are so right! We're not "rich" but we're not poor either...my parents have worked hard for everything they have...and my mom was about to bust some butts at that school, I tell ya. LOL. She was so mad at the way they were treating students. They have a no tolerance policy for bullying....the person who was bullying me happened to be a "rich kid" and the counselor actually took up for him! She told my mom, "Well, you have to understand that these kids that bully probably don't get much attention at home."
Well, even if that is the case, that does NOT justify bullying. It isn't the victims fault and they shouldn't have to suffer for it. But I really think this kid was just spoiled and thought he could do whatever he wanted to do because I was a girl.
Doesn't surprise me at all!!!!!!!! The popular term this year for the young kids and I mean 8 year olds and slightly older is they have "ANGER ISSUES".....No, they need their Wealthy Angry Butt whipped at home!!!!!!!!!!
great school

United States

#16 Nov 8, 2010
There a problems at all schools but just go read other cities topix like bluefield high for example "whose got the prettiest baby in bhs" wow there's that many they're having contest on whose is prettier princeton high topix whose sleepin with who at phs ... Pikeview whose got the biggest d1ck at pikeview these were obviously made by students there now look do u see these types of post made by GHS students NO so now u tell me where the better kids are and remember kids actions are reflections of there upbringing wow to go Mercer parents teachin kids to have kids and watch now and upset parent wiill maker a fake post on blfd va sounding like student makin up somethin dumb to make GHS look bad btw MARRS must stiLl GO
oh yes

Princeton, WV

#17 Nov 8, 2010
I have been out of school 40 plus years, and nothing has changed at Graham....If your parents are rich or live in a nice home then the kids are treated different....I have Grand children in school now, and know for a fact that this is still true...All you can look forward to is your 10, 20 or even 30 year class reunion, and you will see that all these rich kids, are either unemployed, alcholics or drug heads....I rest my case!!!!!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#18 Nov 8, 2010
To "great school" - There have been more than a few posts started by students about other students, after Natalie Oglesby, Kat Kammer, Emily Malmusura, Kimmy Hale, Michael Osbourne, Haley Colosi just to name a few. Sorry if I spelled the names wrong. I know these are students there because I went to school with them, and I know they're still there because they were in my class! There have also been ones on the prettiest girl in GHS, hottest guy, the list goes on. Those weren't the first and won't be the last.
uuuuu

Princeton, WV

#19 Nov 9, 2010
MacCouture wrote:
To "great school" - There have been more than a few posts started by students about other students, after Natalie Oglesby, Kat Kammer, Emily Malmusura, Kimmy Hale, Michael Osbourne, Haley Colosi just to name a few. Sorry if I spelled the names wrong. I know these are students there because I went to school with them, and I know they're still there because they were in my class! There have also been ones on the prettiest girl in GHS, hottest guy, the list goes on. Those weren't the first and won't be the last.
I live in west virginia, my family is middle class. I went to graham schools since the second grade. Im a sophmore this year. and im having a great time. Its not our fault that you were a emo little bitccch who dressed in all black and acted like the world was ending. Shut the heck up about graham. 20% of the school are asssholes and the other 80% is are great people. so go somewhere you little emo twitt... black hair black makeup fake personality fabulous!! hahah

did you realize that maybe because you didn't act like a person but like a outcast.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#20 Nov 9, 2010
uuuuu wrote:
<quoted text>
I live in west virginia, my family is middle class. I went to graham schools since the second grade. Im a sophmore this year. and im having a great time. Its not our fault that you were a emo little bitccch who dressed in all black and acted like the world was ending. Shut the heck up about graham. 20% of the school are asssholes and the other 80% is are great people. so go somewhere you little emo twitt... black hair black makeup fake personality fabulous!! hahah
did you realize that maybe because you didn't act like a person but like a outcast.
You just proved my point. "Emo little bitch", lol. Don't you understand that people have FEELINGS? And for your information...I never even dressed like an "emo", nor do I dress that way now. You are EXACTLY what I'm talking about. I never acted like an outcast...I just tried to be nice to everyone, and apparently that doesn't work at Graham.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bluefield Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Best basketball player to come through Pocy?? (Feb '12) Fri Bingo 16
Pocahontas bridge Fri Wilbur 2
Kims store in town (May '16) Fri Karma Came 5
Black Diamond Paranormal Society (Nov '10) Fri Bill Nye 32
Bluefield College converts to Islam Mar 22 Sam 20
Jamie Cartwright sturgil Mar 21 Shame shame 1
Town taxes Mar 20 Busted 18

Bluefield Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Bluefield Mortgages