Metro Veterans Seek Comfort, Closure ...

Metro Veterans Seek Comfort, Closure at Traveling Vietnam Veterans ...

There are 2 comments on the Fox4KC story from Sep 30, 2010, titled Metro Veterans Seek Comfort, Closure at Traveling Vietnam Veterans .... In it, Fox4KC reports that:

A touching replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial is in the metro. The traveling exhibit, called The Wall That Heals, features the names of soldiers killed or missing during the Vietnam War.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox4KC.

Bob Treese

Kansas City, MO

#1 Sep 30, 2010
went to visit this today, and it was a very somber yet moving experience. we as a nation have come so far on this war in 30 years. i served and remember veterans coming home to being spit on called baby killers by a very ungrateful nation.I should clarify that, not everyone felt that way. alot of people supported the troops, but it just take one to ruin it for everyone. now we celebrate their sacraficises as we should.I am extremely grateful to all past and present veterans for their service to our country.without them i wouldnt beable to do what i am doing right now, practicing free speech. and i am an avid believer in the phrase."America...Love it or leave it"
Semiauto

Liberty, MO

#2 Oct 1, 2010
Bob Treese wrote:
went to visit this today, and it was a very somber yet moving experience. we as a nation have come so far on this war in 30 years. i served and remember veterans coming home to being spit on called baby killers by a very ungrateful nation.I should clarify that, not everyone felt that way. alot of people supported the troops, but it just take one to ruin it for everyone. now we celebrate their sacraficises as we should.I am extremely grateful to all past and present veterans for their service to our country.without them i wouldnt beable to do what i am doing right now, practicing free speech. and i am an avid believer in the phrase."America...Love it or leave it"
Yes, unfortunately I remember that too. Those who served in Vietnam might not have agreed with the War either but went where they were sent by the Government. Their return to this country was hostile and nasty - very unfair.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Raintree Community Church (Oct '13) Sat Bulldog 82
News Inside the New York City prepper community that... Sat preciousmetalect 2
News Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) Sat Passingby 338
any women intetested in pissing on a good looki... May 19 Teax 1
moving to kansas city (Feb '06) May 5 Anonymous snob 553
Pennington seed May 5 Anonymous 1
Living in the houses on a hill May 5 Anonymous snob 1

Blue Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blue Springs Mortgages