Deputy Shot in Head Saved by Helmet, Suspect May Not Face Charges

Oct 14, 2010 Read more: Fox4KC 28
A Jackson County deputy serving a warrant in Blue Springs was saved by his helmet after a man fired a weapon. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
WOW

Lees Summit, MO

#1 Oct 14, 2010
Are you kidding me? 6 shots, He didn't recognize it was the Police? What about the drug Charges?
bye bye

Overland Park, KS

#2 Oct 14, 2010
What is a NO-KNOCK WARRANT?
J-dub

Olathe, KS

#3 Oct 14, 2010
people are crazy
really bye bye

Kansas City, KS

#4 Oct 14, 2010
a no knock warrant means that they dont knock they just bust in
Police

Leawood, KS

#5 Oct 14, 2010
bye bye wrote:
What is a NO-KNOCK WARRANT?
Usually the police will knock and announce who they are. A no knock is where police just break in the door. These warrants are only for high risk situations.
Dudarino

Kansas City, KS

#6 Oct 14, 2010
No-knock warrant- I would think the police would want you to know they are at your door and you are surrounded- that way you avoid these sticky legal situations after the fact- high risk baloney or not.
sks

Kansas City, MO

#7 Oct 14, 2010
if he's a felon, and has possesion of a gun, is that not enough for charges????? last time i checked it was.
sks

Kansas City, MO

#8 Oct 14, 2010
sorry 'bout the double post...don't know how i did that.
BigDogMom

United States

#9 Oct 14, 2010
I often make jokes about the police but in all reality do they do not get paid nearly enough for what they do. Job well done guys!
djh

Prairie Village, KS

#10 Oct 14, 2010
just take him to the river and kill him. Why not?
get a clue

Kansas City, MO

#11 Oct 14, 2010
I see WHITE PEOPLE........LOL, where are your racist comments now Johnson, this is Blue Springs!!
observant

Leawood, KS

#12 Oct 14, 2010
get a clue wrote:
I see WHITE PEOPLE........LOL, where are your racist comments now Johnson, this is Blue Springs!!
You do need to get a clue. You didn't see anyone but a couple officers. All areas have low life scum.
homeowner

Nashville, TN

#13 Oct 14, 2010
what do you mean whether or not to charge them for shooting? he shot the deputy in the head!!!!! he should be charged with attempted murder!
Just Sayin

Kansas City, MO

#14 Oct 14, 2010
homeowner wrote:
what do you mean whether or not to charge them for shooting? he shot the deputy in the head!!!!! he should be charged with attempted murder!
I would assume because of the Castle Doctrine.
KCMO II

Kansas City, KS

#15 Oct 14, 2010
homeowner wrote:
I don't think he should be charged for attempted murder. If someone kicks your door in unannounced your only going to assume the worst. Should he serve time in jail YES but for other charges not attempted murder. This was a bad move from the Blue Springs PD.
Dimples

United States

#16 Oct 14, 2010
get a clue wrote:
That does not mean it is WHITE people they have drugs and black people in Blue Springs.Lees Summit Etc.It is everywhere it make no difference where you live.
Law Abiding Ciizen

Lees Summit, MO

#17 Oct 14, 2010
No knock was for the Deputies safety ,another words they had some type of information that this tweek head might try and actually shoot at the Polllice or some other Doper trying to steal his stash (not a serial killer on the loose you tokem lawyers) They could have easily shot him but chose not to. He's lucky to be alive. He needs to send all the Deputies thank you cards for not smoking his ass and then go out and get a real job after he gets out of jail next week.
Another Parent

Paola, KS

#18 Oct 14, 2010
sks wrote:
if he's a felon, and has possesion of a gun, is that not enough for charges????? last time i checked it was.
A felon in possession of a firearm shot my co-worker and was never charged with that supposed mandatory 5 year sentence. Federal Prosecutor (I think her name was Tara Morehead) felt he received enough time for the crime at the State level, but I think the felon only got sentenced to about 14 years mandatory for agg battery on a leo. That's the system for ya!

Glad the deputy in Jackson County is ok.
jerry

Mission, KS

#19 Oct 15, 2010
After he shot the officer he should have never left that house alive!
Another job well done by law enforcement. Glad your brother officer is going to be OK!
Pappy

Macon, MO

#21 Oct 15, 2010
How could the suspect fire 6 shots and no one fired back. Hell when I was on the K.C.P.D. he would have looked like swill cheese.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
spot lights 23 hr kevin 1
News Students File Suit Against Sanford-Brown College (Aug '07) Apr 13 cookemk 1,023
Buckner Police Procedures or Lack Of (Jan '12) Apr 10 Lewysix6 122
Desperate Meth Chaser Apr 6 Duncan 1
News Woman: ' - Raytown Romeo' conned me out of $9K ... (Apr '14) Apr 4 Wow 43
Review: Rockhill Orthopaedics - Scott A Langfor... (Jun '09) Mar 20 Stephen 8
Review: Massageluxe Mar 20 Sherry 2
More from around the web

Blue Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]