Union County School Board candidates

Posted in the Blue Ridge Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
James Batye

Texarkana, TX

#1 Oct 21, 2010
In the most recent newspaper School Board Candidates were asked 6 simple questions.Two candidates John Strickland and Tony Hunter had no response to the these 6 very simple questions. However their oposition did. Tell me why ANYONE should VOTE for either of these candidates when they can't answer 6 simple questions. Maybe this will be the way they will conduct themselves if elected (dodge the issues and non responsive)do we need either of these candidates representing our school district let alone our students. Jonh Strickland and Tony Hunter where do you stand o n the issues.
iwill

Blairsville, GA

#2 Oct 21, 2010
Its the School board does it really matter....only one really makes the decision in the end....The questions related more toward the candidate who was already in office...we know who will be elected. The other two are wasting their money. Just remember the song from the dukes of hazard.
happy

Blairsville, GA

#3 Oct 21, 2010
iwill wrote:
Its the School board does it really matter....only one really makes the decision in the end....The questions related more toward the candidate who was already in office...we know who will be elected. The other two are wasting their money. Just remember the song from the dukes of hazard.
I tend to disagree with those thoughts. I think that IF the incumbent is not doing a good job and IF a more qualified person is running against them, then the new candidate has a good chance of winning. However, I don't think either of those "IFs" are true in our local school board race.
Reb

Dahlonega, GA

#4 Oct 21, 2010
James Batye wrote:
In the most recent newspaper School Board Candidates were asked 6 simple questions.Two candidates John Strickland and Tony Hunter had no response to the these 6 very simple questions. However their oposition did. Tell me why ANYONE should VOTE for either of these candidates when they can't answer 6 simple questions. Maybe this will be the way they will conduct themselves if elected (dodge the issues and non responsive)do we need either of these candidates representing our school district let alone our students. Jonh Strickland and Tony Hunter where do you stand o n the issues.
Anyone would be better than what we have. While the rest of us are trying to get through the recession the school board continue their big spending ways. The only cuts they make are the ones which directly effect the students. Get rid of some of the overpaid help that do nothing and allow the teachers to teach. I think everyone is fed up with the way they do things.
happy

Blairsville, GA

#5 Oct 21, 2010
Who do you consider to be overpaid help that do nothing?
hmmm

Dawsonville, GA

#6 Oct 21, 2010
Hi Norman.
James Batye wrote:
Reb

Dahlonega, GA

#7 Oct 22, 2010
happy wrote:
Who do you consider to be overpaid help that do nothing?
The school has a listing on their web site of all employee salaries. Just go there and take your pick.

Since: Aug 10

Jefferson, GA

#8 Oct 22, 2010
If the candidates didn't bother with a few questions to being put out there, why should we bother to vote for them?
Already showing a lack of commitment.
happy

Blairsville, GA

#9 Oct 22, 2010
Reb wrote:
<quoted text>The school has a listing on their web site of all employee salaries. Just go there and take your pick.
So you think ALL school employees are overpaid and do nothing? You should walk in their shoes for a week and it might change your mind about.
happy

Blairsville, GA

#10 Oct 22, 2010
Sorry, I meant to say it might change your mind about that. I'm sure there are some school employees who don't earn their pay, but I think the vast majority at UCS work hard for their money.
Reb

Dahlonega, GA

#11 Oct 22, 2010
happy wrote:
Sorry, I meant to say it might change your mind about that. I'm sure there are some school employees who don't earn their pay, but I think the vast majority at UCS work hard for their money.
There is a majority of employees who do a good job and work but there is a few who do nothing and draw big salaries. You'll find most of these are in some way connected to schoold board members. Just go to the school website and see for yourself.

Since: Oct 10

Lebanon, GA

#12 Oct 22, 2010
Reb wrote:
<quoted text>There is a majority of employees who do a good job and work but there is a few who do nothing and draw big salaries. You'll find most of these are in some way connected to schoold board members. Just go to the school website and see for yourself.
How much is a Big Salary?
happy

Blairsville, GA

#13 Oct 22, 2010
Reb wrote:
<quoted text>There is a majority of employees who do a good job and work but there is a few who do nothing and draw big salaries. You'll find most of these are in some way connected to schoold board members. Just go to the school website and see for yourself.
I looked on the school website and didn't find it. Is there a link on that page to go to another site where it is listed? Or is it on one of the specific schools' site and not on the ucschools homepage?
Reb

Dahlonega, GA

#14 Oct 22, 2010
happy wrote:
<quoted text>
I looked on the school website and didn't find it. Is there a link on that page to go to another site where it is listed? Or is it on one of the specific schools' site and not on the ucschools homepage?
I'm not sure how to get on it but it has been posted on here before. You might look back on some of the eairler post.
Grasshopper

United States

#15 May 16, 2018
The current School Board is falling short of his service to the county. Nepotism is in our school system. Our current newly appointed superintendent is trying to cover up the actions of the former superintendent and Save the current board members from being voted out. They are all in it together, goo ole boy system. It's all about saving their jobs and not for the kids in the school system
Abble

United States

#16 May 16, 2018
Vote them out. Replace new superentendent! Stop Nepotism
Jase

Jefferson, GA

#17 May 16, 2018
Abble wrote:
Vote them out. Replace new superentendent! Stop Nepotism
Sure elect a bunch of move ins that have no knowledge of how to run a school or care! Nepotism I am sure runs through your family history! Head back up North or back to Miami!
Get real

United States

#18 May 16, 2018
Reb wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not sure how to get on it but it has been posted on here before. You might look back on some of the eairler post.
By all means encourage people to get their information from topix posts. So typical to make accusations and have absolutely nothing to back it up with.
Opie

United States

#19 May 16, 2018
Jase wrote:
<quoted text>

Sure elect a bunch of move ins that have no knowledge of how to run a school or care! Nepotism I am sure runs through your family history! Head back up North or back to Miami!
You must be promised a promotion by the new superintendent
Really

United States

#20 May 16, 2018
Get real wrote:
<quoted text>

By all means encourage people to get their information from topix posts. So typical to make accusations and have absolutely nothing to back it up with.
https://1.cdn.edl.io/W9kOJflrWrK44GnTE7BsCZYG...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lamar and his push for SPLOST tax 21 hr handshake 96
trump must go ! 23 hr Local 26
Did anybody hear about a man shooting himself i... 23 hr Steely Marie 1
Dr. Christine Blasey Ford - Kavanaugh victim Sun God Save America 9
leash laws in the county (Jun '12) Oct 11 Kumbaya 7
McCaysville Police Chief (Mar '18) Oct 10 Deliverance 10
Blue Ridge Oct 10 Eyeball 1

Blue Ridge Jobs

Personal Finance

Blue Ridge Mortgages