First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“live love laugh”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1 Feb 26, 2012
Did y'all read the article in this weeks paper about the 17 year old hearing impaired boy getting shot 5 times? He goes to fannin high. I know it said he rammed the cop car and after that he was shot. Anybody know anymore or any different to this story? If all he did was ram the car and no weapon and they shot him 5 times, then thats messed up and makes me mad.

Since: Feb 12

Ellijay, GA

#2 Feb 26, 2012
Fannin Mom wrote:
Did y'all read the article in this weeks paper about the 17 year old hearing impaired boy getting shot 5 times? He goes to fannin high. I know it said he rammed the cop car and after that he was shot. Anybody know anymore or any different to this story? If all he did was ram the car and no weapon and they shot him 5 times, then thats messed up and makes me mad.
All he did ??????????

“live love laugh”

Location hidden

#3 Feb 26, 2012
graybeard sr wrote:
<quoted text>All he did ??????????
he got stopped one time for speeding and got a citation. The cops saw him a second time and got in I guess a little chase and when the kid come to a stop he then proceeded to back up into the police car and that's when they shot him. The mother said he had his hands up and said don't shoot when they shot him. They are investigating. I don't think they should of shot him if it was just for ramming cop car. He's a kid and they didn't say if he had a weapon but I'm seriously doubting he did!!

“under the influence”

Since: Jul 11

Epworth, GA

#4 Feb 26, 2012
Fannin Mom wrote:
there are several different stories coming out about this, but just let me tell you one thing i know from my brother being a police officer, when the 2nd police car rolled up on to the scene and saw Cody's moms truck being rammed into the first police car, he believed it was a life and death situation. Police officers are trained to shoot to kill in life and death situations. He shot at Cody, maybe too many times, but adrenline takes over and from what i have been told, you really dont know how many shots you have taken till its over, it is a reflex to your training to shoot to kill. Yes its a mess, supposedly Cody thought he had the truck in park but it was in reverse, but considering the damage the police car had in the pictures, evidently his foot was on the gas and not the break because a truck just rolling backwards with no gas really probably wouldnt have caused the damage that is seen in the pictures of the police car with the truck sitting on it.. its an awful thing, but I dont really how the police officer could be expected to do any differently considering the situation as he saw it when he pulled up.. thankfully Cody is alive, and going to be fine. the officer is going to have to live with shooting an unarmed teenager.. its just another mess.

“live love laugh”

Location hidden

#5 Feb 27, 2012
angiebthatsme wrote:
<quoted text>there are several different stories coming out about this, but just let me tell you one thing i know from my brother being a police officer, when the 2nd police car rolled up on to the scene and saw Cody's moms truck being rammed into the first police car, he believed it was a life and death situation. Police officers are trained to shoot to kill in life and death situations. He shot at Cody, maybe too many times, but adrenline takes over and from what i have been told, you really dont know how many shots you have taken till its over, it is a reflex to your training to shoot to kill. Yes its a mess, supposedly Cody thought he had the truck in park but it was in reverse, but considering the damage the police car had in the pictures, evidently his foot was on the gas and not the break because a truck just rolling backwards with no gas really probably wouldnt have caused the damage that is seen in the pictures of the police car with the truck sitting on it.. its an awful thing, but I dont really how the police officer could be expected to do any differently considering the situation as he saw it when he pulled up.. thankfully Cody is alive, and going to be fine. the officer is going to have to live with shooting an unarmed teenager.. its just another mess.
well I'd call it trigger happy. There's no reason to shoot that boy. Just because he rams a car doesn't mean it's life threatening to them. No weapon then they shouldn't have shot the kid and I hope they sue. thank god that boys alive. I will be praying for him

“Vainglourious Basterd”

Location hidden

#6 Feb 27, 2012
A bored little police force, most of those hicks joined just to have the opportunity to kill someone.

This isn't "training taking over", we're talking about a very disabled person they shot. They probably mistook the disabled person for something else they've never dealt with, a real criminal.

What a terrible embarrassment for us, I guess it would take the monumental idiocy of our local law enforcement to cause even more of an outrage than that Lee kid.

“Good to Go!!”

Location hidden

#7 Feb 27, 2012
probably should keep the kid indoors if he is unable to drive properly, there are already enough tards on the road
jen is a donkey

Conley, GA

#8 Feb 27, 2012
Laura Fullbusch wrote:
probably should keep the kid indoors if he is unable to drive properly, there are already enough tards on the road
You are a freaking @$$h*le.
That is nowhere close to funny or clever.

“Vainglourious Basterd”

Location hidden

#9 Feb 27, 2012
Laura Fullbusch wrote:
Said the female driver to the kettle.
Orion

Paonia, CO

#10 Feb 27, 2012
Those of you who speak when you know nothing and the reasoning which is nil is astounding.

A "very diabled" person can kill you deader than a door nail. The Boy has a hearing and speech impediment. I did not read anything about psych. or physical impediments.
He was the one who chose to run and he was the one that took a 3,000lb. car/bullet and crashed it into a patrol car. Why? A mistake? On purpose?

The cop certainly does not know at the time. The previous chase changes the whole reasoning process and the conclusions that are reached in split seconds.

"Lil Johnny" brought it onto himself by his actions of running from the cops and then slamming his truck into the patrol cars.

It is tragic all the way around for the boy, the parents and the cop because they all will have to live w/ it for a long time.

So think about that Mon. morning quarterbacks.
CPA

Ellijay, GA

#11 Feb 27, 2012
Lanius LaForte wrote:
A bored little police force, most of those hicks joined just to have the opportunity to kill someone.
This isn't "training taking over", we're talking about a very disabled person they shot. They probably mistook the disabled person for something else they've never dealt with, a real criminal.
What a terrible embarrassment for us, I guess it would take the monumental idiocy of our local law enforcement to cause even more of an outrage than that Lee kid.
When you say local law enforcement of which office do you speak of?

“Vainglourious Basterd”

Location hidden

#12 Feb 27, 2012
CPA wrote:
<quoted text>When you say local law enforcement of which office do you speak of?
Which one would offend you most?
CPA

Ellijay, GA

#13 Feb 27, 2012
Lanius LaForte wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one would offend you most?
It isn't about being offended I was just curious if you new which law enforcement agency you were talking about. Because actually it wasn't a "local" law enforcement agency unless you live in North Carolina. And if you do live in North Carolina continue on as you see fit. I just don't think it is fair to tag Fannin County (Sheriff's Office or City Police) as the culprits of a shooting if it wasn't them and since we are on a Blue Ridge Forum your statement implies that it was one of "our" agencies.

“Vainglourious Basterd”

Location hidden

#14 Feb 27, 2012
CPA wrote:
<quoted text>It isn't about being offended I was just curious if you new which law enforcement agency you were talking about. Because actually it wasn't a "local" law enforcement agency unless you live in North Carolina. And if you do live in North Carolina continue on as you see fit. I just don't think it is fair to tag Fannin County (Sheriff's Office or City Police) as the culprits of a shooting if it wasn't them and since we are on a Blue Ridge Forum your statement implies that it was one of "our" agencies.
Small town cowboy cops aren't central to Blue Ridge, actually if I were going to point somewhere it would be at one of our neighboring counties like Union. To say we are different is naive, the problem is an old one and any good cop will warn you.

Either way, the situation here isn't unique, usually it happens to cops who know how to assess a "life and death" situation realistically.
CPA

Ellijay, GA

#15 Feb 27, 2012
Lanius LaForte wrote:
<quoted text>
Small town cowboy cops aren't central to Blue Ridge, actually if I were going to point somewhere it would be at one of our neighboring counties like Union. To say we are different is naive, the problem is an old one and any good cop will warn you.
Either way, the situation here isn't unique, usually it happens to cops who know how to assess a "life and death" situation realistically.
Oh I'm not saying we would be any different... no one knows how they would react in a situation such as the one we are talking about. I do however believe that the Sheriff of Fannin County takes great care in making sure the deputies are well trained to react in these type of circumstances. I'm not sure about the City of Blue Ridge and their training. But in either agency you can not be sure how an officer will react.My point was lets not shed a bad light on our community when actually the incident happened elsewhere. I don't like to borrow trouble! LOL

“Vainglourious Basterd”

Location hidden

#16 Feb 27, 2012
What strikes me on this issue is that something similar happened some years ago involving a driver being shot down over this same car confusion. And again, a CAR was being rammed, not a person.

Let's explore the scenario of an officer stepping in front of a car telling the driver to stop with gun drawn. Now, if that car lurched forward at all he is going to shoot. Ask, do you jump in front of a loaded gun and preemptively kill the person holding it in self-defense?
try again

Ellijay, GA

#17 Feb 27, 2012
Fannin Mom wrote:
"all he did" was use his CAR as a weapon in his attempt to injure or murder a law enforcement officer. THAT is what is messed up.
try again

Ellijay, GA

#18 Feb 27, 2012
angiebthatsme wrote:
there are several different stories coming out about this
thank you for filling it in more. is less slanted than original post. only those who were there know for sure but sounds like driver tried to run after having already been stopped before.

disability is not an excuse. he did it, he owns it. prosecutor won't see flack over that (other than a possible vagrant paid occupy hack with nothing better to do).
Local Observer

Alturas, FL

#19 Feb 27, 2012
I smell a HUGE RAT With this entire situation!! Of course, we are only getting rumors & what TNO reported, which usually isn't much more reliable than rumors!

I don't know what the laws are in NC about teenage drivers on the road during certain hours & I have heard different accounts as to the time,but if it was 3am & they had pulled the kid over, so they looked at his license & his license plates & tags to see who & where the vehicle was registered. Would COMMON SENSE not come into play & maybe ask the kid, by passing notes to call his Mom, & make sure he wasn't lost? We aren't talking about Cherokee or Clay Co NC.... We are talking about him being 17 yrs old, hearing & speech impaired & being 4 hrs away from his home on a school night???

CPA, I would like to think that our deputies & BRPD would handle things differently as well. Unfortunately, Lanius is probably right.

The entire situation is horrible, & I hate it for all involved. It just seems to me that the entire thing could have been avoided had common sense & understanding had come into play prior to the "fight or flight", due to training, so don't let your guard down for 1 second, b/c as tragic as this is, it could be you! The whole " innocent until proven guilty" idea is one of the many lies that we have been subjected to our entire life. Wake up little sheep!!

“live love laugh”

Location hidden

#20 Feb 27, 2012
try again wrote:
<quoted text>"all he did" was use his CAR as a weapon in his attempt to injure or murder a law enforcement officer. THAT is what is messed up.
well then I guess the cop better move. It be his fault if he stood there and let him hit him. Unless there's more to this story he shouldn't have been shot. If the boy drove off they had his tag number, don't shoot him, go to his house ( address) and get him. I think the shooting could have been provented!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Ross curse 1 hr Stacey 1
Stacey's self esteem 1 hr Stacey 7
fannin county tag office 1 hr Apparently a yankee 4
Vintage Antique Wrought Iron Crib For Sale (Feb '11) 4 hr welderguy45 30
Murder in Blue Ridge or Morganton 12 hr Tracy 8
Homeless Shelter Fri Use to love BR 2
N-word Bob bradley Fri Use to love BR 11
More from around the web

Blue Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE