Next Last

Since: Jun 11

Blue Ridge, GA

#1 Jun 2, 2011
Who's been? What's it like?
Lame

Kingsland, GA

#2 Jun 3, 2011
Well if you like plenty of drugs and people banging on drums then its the place to be but pigs surround the place to make sure no drugs are going in or out. The drugs arrive two weeks in advance. But I have no interest in being there or having anything to do with people that go.
blue ridge

Morganton, GA

#3 Jun 3, 2011
where is the boogie? never heard of it.
really

Copperhill, TN

#4 Jun 4, 2011
hope it's not another place like the whistle stop!!!!!!!!!! that place should be shut down, nothing but a bunch of whores work there maybe not all of them but they should be home and off the street's,and with their children and they are trying to act like young people when they are in their 30"s & 40's, that is what the whistle stop has.
Smart Ass White Boy

Orange Park, FL

#5 Jun 4, 2011
So who made you the moral police of the metropolis of Blue Ridge, huh? Get your head out of your arse and get into the 21st century! Try worrying less about what other people do and quit trying to impose your ridgidity on the rest of your little simple world, OK? You probably need to hang out in Atlanta more on Saturday night, it would be educational for you. If you can't hold your own in Atlanta, then try Chattanooga or Asheville or Knoxville for a taste of how normal people live.
really wrote:
hope it's not another place like the whistle stop!!!!!!!!!! that place should be shut down, nothing but a bunch of whores work there maybe not all of them but they should be home and off the street's,and with their children and they are trying to act like young people when they are in their 30"s & 40's, that is what the whistle stop has.
Sheot

Kansas City, MO

#6 Jun 4, 2011
really wrote:
Nope its a place where you can get f**ked up and have a good time on some killer stuff not a great place but its not like there is any thing else to do around these here parts
Smart Ass White Boy

Orange Park, FL

#7 Jun 5, 2011
Sheot wrote:
<quoted text>Nope its a place where you can get f**ked up and have a good time on some killer stuff not a great place but its not like there is any thing else to do around these here parts
Spoken like a true meth head-
CountryGeekGirl

Georgetown, TN

#8 Jun 5, 2011
Sounds like a classy jernt.
Smelly Cat

Atlanta, GA

#9 Sep 3, 2013
Lame wrote:
Well if you like plenty of drugs and people banging on drums then its the place to be but pigs surround the place to make sure no drugs are going in or out. The drugs arrive two weeks in advance. But I have no interest in being there or having anything to do with people that go.
Actually, it's a well-organized, three-day party with lots of fun, food, alcohol and music. Invitation only - pay a fee - food, alcohol, camping and music included. Kitchen runs pretty much 24-hours a day - folks take turns making food for hundreds - and it's actually pretty damn good. Music is amazing - not only invited musicians but talented Boogie participants/musicians get on stage and play with the bands.

As far as drugs arriving two weeks in advance, I find that a bit of a stretch. I saw very little while there beyond good ol weed.

The age, lifestyle and education range is all over the place, but they all have one thing in commmon - peace and love.
Nick-A-Jack

Acworth, GA

#10 Sep 3, 2013
really wrote:
Sounds like somebody got shot down and can't handle it. Don't worry, you are doing the right thing. You can't get hurt in your mom's basement. Keep up the key-banging

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#11 Sep 3, 2013
really wrote:
Do you EVER say anything nice?
Old School HULAHUT

Ellijay, GA

#12 Apr 15, 2014
First and foremost, the Boogie (big dance) is not about drugs, it's about people, music and love. Some get a little exuberant, but violate the spirit by infringing on anyone else enjoying the reunion and you don't get a invite, that how the whole thing stays pure.

Love you all.
Local Observer

Blue Ridge, GA

#15 Apr 15, 2014
Where is this taking place???
Dick Trickle

Acworth, GA

#16 Apr 19, 2014
Ladies stretching yoga pants in the right places get in fo free!
blue

Andrews, NC

#18 May 5, 2014
Local Observer wrote:
Where is this taking place???
the last resort on Maxwell rd
Local Observer

Calhoun, TN

#19 May 6, 2014
blue wrote:
<quoted text> the last resort on Maxwell rd
Thank you....The same event that's been going on for 30+ years the week of July 4th?
hippy

United States

#20 May 22, 2014
u dumb arses your not to talk of such things thats the downfall of most gatherings
Max59

Blue Ridge, GA

#21 May 25, 2014
Smart Ass White Boy wrote:
So who made you the moral police of the metropolis of Blue Ridge, huh? Get your head out of your arse and get into the 21st century! Try worrying less about what other people do and quit trying to impose your ridgidity on the rest of your little simple world, OK? You probably need to hang out in Atlanta more on Saturday night, it would be educational for you. If you can't hold your own in Atlanta, then try Chattanooga or Asheville or Knoxville for a taste of how normal people live.
<quoted text>
Maybe they need the work.
Max59

Blue Ridge, GA

#22 May 25, 2014
jewel123 wrote:
Who's been? What's it like?
Never been, but I have to say, go,with open kind. If you don't have fun then leave. The Regga, fest in TN, is cool. But, you have to rough it, and pay cover. It gets larger and larger, vender and all. No worries, there, it's peacefully. It is on private property, so nota a thing the popover can do, unless you leave the property, most people go,for the week end.
Rick Day

Ellijay, GA

#23 Jun 29, 2014
I just went to my first Boogie this weekend, as I live about 15 minutes away. A friend who is well known there invited me. For the record, I am 58 years old and founded a successful music venue in Midtown Atlanta. My income is, while not a 1%er, is indeed a 5%er, so don't tag me with a hippy stereotype. There were many professionals there like me, such as attorneys, a politician, business owners and professional musicians,

It was simply amazing. I never thought I'd trek through Cohutta Old Woods in the middle of the misty night with nothing but a headlamp flashlight.There were jam bands like play at Bonnaroo, acoustic artists, and yes, the ever present drum circle (RIP in peace, Bill!). You could camp anywhere, or rent a spiffy cabin.

I happened to hear next to a radio that group came in that was associated with a person who was a sexual predator, banned from all the nationwide Boogies. They would not even let in that group, proving they were more interested in protecting their Family than making a 'donation' for entry.

Were their drugs? Well...are there drugs in your church and schools? I'd start there, if I was concerned about what private people did in their private times. The most abused substance I saw there were tobacco and caffeine. Call the Task Force!

This sums up the attitude of the people attending - when I told many (or was introduced as) my first time, everyone always said the same thing: "Welcome Home".

Farmers live a farmer's lifestyle. Church ladies live in a carefully crafted bubble - fearful and taunting of things 'not like them'.

If society was a fabric, think of Farmers and such as the white cloth in the middle, the vast part of society. The folks ere are merely the colorful fringes of our society, not by design but by choice.

You have your pot luck dinners. Well this was pot luck as well but instead of stopping my Ingles (American owned!) for a pie, these people brought everything to share.

This is just a bog old family of multi-generations who share the same philosophy: be at peace and love each other. I guess that made Christ a hippy too, from what I've read in the Bible.

Many have chosen to be farmers and church ladies. No one can rightly mock them for those lifestyle choices. They should extend the same courtesy. Better yet, if you can not provide factual information about an event, then stay off the internet. Bearing False Witness is sinful.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gurtler Targeted 1 hr Rich Golfer 21
Pats Country kitchen 18 hr Fannin Winners Club 6
Blue Ridge topix DISGUSTING SITE (May '17) 18 hr Orion 7
New Restaurants in Blairsville Tue Medium rare 101
Lamar and his push for SPLOST tax Tue BS Detector 34
Tariffs, Tariffs and more Tariffs. Mon God Save America 5
Dont take your kids to ACE Hardware! SEX OFFEND... (Aug '10) Aug 12 Mavis in Blairsville 102

Blue Ridge Jobs

Personal Finance

Blue Ridge Mortgages