TDS DSL slow speed TDS DSL slow speed

Posted in the Blue Ridge Forum

Media Guy

Blue Ridge, GA

#1 Apr 19, 2013
TDS is having big problems in some areas of Fannin county. I was paying for 15 meg and averaging 1.5 meg. They are having problems with their fiber optics. I called them and they lowered my bill 15.00 a month for 1 year. Test your speed at speedtest.net . If you are having problems call them for an adjustment. Maybe with lots of calls they will get their act together. I would switch to ETC but I'm to far out.

“live love laugh”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#2 Apr 19, 2013
Media Guy wrote:
TDS is having big problems in some areas of Fannin county. I was paying for 15 meg and averaging 1.5 meg. They are having problems with their fiber optics. I called them and they lowered my bill 15.00 a month for 1 year. Test your speed at speedtest.net . If you are having problems call them for an adjustment. Maybe with lots of calls they will get their act together. I would switch to ETC but I'm to far out.
Mines running bout 3 so mines slow to..
SoGal

Blue Ridge, GA

#3 Apr 20, 2013
Media Guy, thanks for posting. Mine is running at 3.0 -- very slow! And that's when I have service. It seems to be down a lot lately. We replaced modem last week; time to call again and complain about the speed and down time!

WTN

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#4 Apr 22, 2013
It's a capacity issue.

Think of it like a cake. Someone takes a slice, then another, and another. Yet someone won't get a slice.

Basically, too many people are using the internet and not enough of it is available for others.

Things won't really improve until they replace all the copper wiring with fiber optic cable, which is VERY good stuff.

Sadly, according to the demograph both confirmed by TDS, and a friend of mine who works at the TDS office in Blue Ridge, we won't be seeing fiber optic cable for at least another two years.

Then again, I imagine if they got things done faster, or ahead of schedule, we'll see it sooner.

A fellow posted something last year around this time.

Link is here - http://www.topix.com/forum/city/blue-ridge-ga...

Also yeah, I'd swap to ETC, but they won't touch Epworth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Mark Of The Beast (Aug '11) 26 min tmv post 248
Walmart and other Companies support Al Sharpton 2 hr Free Speech 1
Loonie Liberals 3 hr Free Speech 76
Reported Union Co. GOP chief arrested for sexua... 4 hr redimix 10
Fannin County Rec Dept (Nov '10) 6 hr Local Observer 49
Got through Christmas without Walmart 11 hr Local 2
what's happening at KFC? Dec 24 shoop 1

Blue Ridge News Video

Blue Ridge Dating
Find my Match