Juvenile court in Fannin County

Posted in the Blue Ridge Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
TPfan

Blairsville, GA

#1 Jan 25, 2011
I have had to deal with this part of the Fannin court sytem and must say it is the most messed up system I have ever seen. I believe most of the people involed with it do the best they can and the judges try but how can they make rulings when they aren't given all the facts because no one knows them.Probation officers don't know what the court house is doing and the court house doesn't know what probatin officers are doing, so the kids are totally confussed about who they reprt to and who has the power over them. No one knows what the other is doing and they tell the kids involed one thing then do another, what is this teaching our kids, don't trust the system.I believe it needs a over haul! I could go on and on but I would like to hear if any other parents share in my thinking on this one.

Judged:

10

10

10

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Going to the Dogs

Buchanan, GA

#2 Jan 25, 2011
I think to judges make good decisions if they know the facts, but I agree with you about what goes on Some of the people I have heard that "testify", have their own agenda. Some of the "expert witnesses", like Larry Deyton, for instance is scary and could care less what is good for kids. Hope they find other "experts", it doesn't look good for our county to have this kind of expert."

Judged:

100

100

100

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Been There Too

Blue Ridge, GA

#3 Feb 5, 2011
Going to the Dogs wrote:
I think to judges make good decisions if they know the facts, but I agree with you about what goes on Some of the people I have heard that "testify", have their own agenda. Some of the "expert witnesses", like Larry Deyton, for instance is scary and could care less what is good for kids. Hope they find other "experts", it doesn't look good for our county to have this kind of expert."
I totally agree about that expert. He's more interested in the moms than the kids, married or not, makes no difference to him.

Judged:

100

100

100

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
indeed

Ellijay, GA

#4 Feb 5, 2011
It's all about commerce. Money, money, money, and you can take that to the bank. Justice is something that you read about in books, but doesn't really exist.

Judged:

100

100

100

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Its a Joke

Blue Ridge, GA

#5 Feb 8, 2011
indeed wrote:
It's all about commerce. Money, money, money, and you can take that to the bank. Justice is something that you read about in books, but doesn't really exist.
You're exactly right!"Experts" like the one listed above and lawyers (nobody would hire) are provided by the court at the taxpayers expense. It provides some good entertainment, if it's not your family.

Judged:

100

100

100

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
truth

Dawsonville, GA

#6 Feb 8, 2011
TPfan wrote:
I have had to deal with this part of the Fannin court sytem and must say it is the most messed up system I have ever seen. I believe most of the people involed with it do the best they can and the judges try but how can they make rulings when they aren't given all the facts because no one knows them.Probation officers don't know what the court house is doing and the court house doesn't know what probatin officers are doing, so the kids are totally confussed about who they reprt to and who has the power over them. No one knows what the other is doing and they tell the kids involed one thing then do another, what is this teaching our kids, don't trust the system.I believe it needs a over haul! I could go on and on but I would like to hear if any other parents share in my thinking on this one.
What great kids you raised,apple did not fall far from the tree looser!!
honesty

Blue Ridge, GA

#7 Feb 14, 2011
Obviously when there are complaints pointing fingers at the judge, the attorney, the experts/witnesses and the system you are a person who likely did not get your way. Probably for good reason. If you have a problem with any of those individuals don't be a coward...address them directly.

Judged:

100

100

100

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wrong

Blue Ridge, GA

#8 Feb 16, 2011
honesty wrote:
Obviously when there are complaints pointing fingers at the judge, the attorney, the experts/witnesses and the system you are a person who likely did not get your way. Probably for good reason. If you have a problem with any of those individuals don't be a coward...address them directly.
I got my way, but not because of their doings! I have addressed them directly, same result, more lies! You're either one of them or hadn't saw them in action.

Judged:

100

100

100

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
honesty

Blue Ridge, GA

#9 Feb 16, 2011
Nope, not one of "them", but am in the court room often with both judges and the people/poitions that were mentioned. It is interesting that the man specifically mentioned (Dr. Deyton) is highly regarded by the court itself. Sorry to hear that your experience was a negative one. At least you got what you were seeking as an outcome.

Judged:

100

100

100

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Wrong Again

Blue Ridge, GA

#10 Feb 18, 2011
honesty wrote:
Nope, not one of "them", but am in the court room often with both judges and the people/poitions that were mentioned. It is interesting that the man specifically mentioned (Dr. Deyton) is highly regarded by the court itself. Sorry to hear that your experience was a negative one. At least you got what you were seeking as an outcome.
Highly regarded? Don't be deceived. But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
2 Timothy 3:13

Judged:

100

100

100

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
interesting

Williston, SC

#11 Feb 18, 2011
honesty wrote:
Nope, not one of "them", but am in the court room often with both judges and the people/poitions that were mentioned. It is interesting that the man specifically mentioned (Dr. Deyton) is highly regarded by the court itself. Sorry to hear that your experience was a negative one. At least you got what you were seeking as an outcome.
Dr.? When and where did he get his doctorate? Through the mail or over the Internet?

Judged:

100

100

100

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Embarrased

Blue Ridge, GA

#12 Feb 20, 2011
If you had not been in the court trying to get your kids back you would not be bashing the system. But it is you that makes the state of Georgia have to keep an eye out for protecting children. Either you are a druggie or an abuser, maybe both!

Judged:

100

100

100

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Only in the South

Blue Ridge, GA

#13 Feb 20, 2011
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
2 Timothy 3:13

Jesus......please protect me from your followers!

The ignorance is abound with the feeble-minded fearful idiots that try to "judge" other humans.

Judged:

100

100

100

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
concerned

Paonia, CO

#14 Feb 20, 2011
TPfan wrote:
I have had to deal with this part of the Fannin court sytem and must say it is the most messed up system I have ever seen. I believe most of the people involed with it do the best they can and the judges try but how can they make rulings when they aren't given all the facts because no one knows them.Probation officers don't know what the court house is doing and the court house doesn't know what probatin officers are doing, so the kids are totally confussed about who they reprt to and who has the power over them. No one knows what the other is doing and they tell the kids involed one thing then do another, what is this teaching our kids, don't trust the system.I believe it needs a over haul! I could go on and on but I would like to hear if any other parents share in my thinking on this one.

What? What is the court system teaching the kids? What are the parents teaching the kids if they are having to report to probation officers to begin with??
Children need support

Paonia, CO

#15 Feb 21, 2011
truth wrote:
<quoted text>What great kids you raised,apple did not fall far from the tree looser!!
Did you really post that TRUTH? Obviously you have never had a child, raised a child or have a clue? Or do you just have "The perfect child" or are you just blinded and think you have the perfect child? You just passed judgement on a parent and assumed the way they raised their child is why their child got into trouble in the first place! You have no right what so ever to pass a judgement on this parent and should be ashamed of yourself for calling this parent a looser! When a child is underage the parents are the ones who assume all responsibility no matter what the crime and if they are wonderful, loving, and outstanding parents or if they are sorry, no good, worthless ones, it all falls on the parent! Get into the word of God and next time I promise you, you will not pass a judgement as you did!
Children need support

Paonia, CO

#16 Feb 21, 2011
concerned wrote:
<quoted text>
What? What is the court system teaching the kids? What are the parents teaching the kids if they are having to report to probation officers to begin with??
Yet we have another fine example of passing judgement! "Concerned", You wrote, and I quote, "What are the parents teaching the kids if they are having to report to probation officers to begin with??" Again I will say, even the most outstanding child who is raised in a loving, caring, christian home can get into troubles, whether it be your child concerned,(if you even have children) the judges child, the pastors child, the teachers child, the principles child, the counselors child, or even a child that has been on the honor roll for years and raised by outstanding parents can mess up and make a mistake and end up in the court sysytem!!!!! I would hate to be your child and think that you are so perfect that if I was your child and made a mistake, judgement would be laid upon me!!! I say it once again, if a child is underage, these parents are responsible for their childrens actions because they are underage and you cannot put a monitor on a child 24-7 no matter how good of a parent you might think you are! Any child can make a mistake! You too should get into the word of God and not pass judgement!
Children need support

Paonia, CO

#17 Feb 21, 2011
Only in the South wrote:
But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.
2 Timothy 3:13
Jesus......please protect me from your followers!
The ignorance is abound with the feeble-minded fearful idiots that try to "judge" other humans.
Only In the South, I follow Jesus and I also read his instructions, The Bible and the HOLY SPIRIT guides me! Judgement is wrong, I agree, only God will judge us but your quote, " Jesus......please protect me from your followers!" rather confuses me, I only hope you have faith and trust in God......Like I said, I follow Jesus and live by his word, please don't be blinded that ALL people following Jesus are not true and love God and follow his word!!!! I pray you have understanding of Gods word and you too put your faith and trust in Jesus. It is wrong for some of these people to assume all these kids are raised in bad homes and thats why they get into trouble in the first place!
Children need support

Paonia, CO

#18 Feb 21, 2011
honesty wrote:
Obviously when there are complaints pointing fingers at the judge, the attorney, the experts/witnesses and the system you are a person who likely did not get your way. Probably for good reason. If you have a problem with any of those individuals don't be a coward...address them directly.
I would like to say to any parents writing on this forum that any child can mess up thats raised in a perfectly normal, loving and caring home. Alot of the passing judgement of blaming the parent because their child is in this court system is a shame! A pure shame! Any child can mess up and delay their future and have to be in this system! Even the most outstanding child of great parents and a good home can mess up! If your child is underage, then it's you, "the parent" thats responsible for them even tho it wasn't you that messed up and made the mistake. Do they learn from the experiance is the question? Are the parents being supportive and helping them get this behind them is another good question? I can only hope so!

Honesty, I agree with you, Don't blame the judge, the probation officers, or the court system for your childs mistakes. Kids mess up and make mistakes! Own up to them, support your child and help them to learn from this mistake, be positive, encoourage them to obide by their stipulations, etc and hopefully your child will turn his or her life around and this mistake may just make a differance in their life! If you have a problem with anyone in the court system, address it to them directly....make a stand and get results.

Evolved

Blue Ridge, GA

#19 Feb 21, 2011
"The children Need Support" NUT is a very scary man who spews the Bible as something that all SHOULD adhere to. Especially, HIS interpretation. STOP "Shoulding" on yourself! We just went back in time to the era when religion ruled. That era in the history books falls under the section entitled THE DARK AGES! People who live in fear of supernatural punishment don't live at all. That meaning you CHILDREN NEED SUPPORT MAN.

Judged:

100

100

100

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Children need support

Paonia, CO

#20 Feb 21, 2011
Evolved wrote:
"The children Need Support" NUT is a very scary man who spews the Bible as something that all SHOULD adhere to. Especially, HIS interpretation. STOP "Shoulding" on yourself! We just went back in time to the era when religion ruled. That era in the history books falls under the section entitled THE DARK AGES! People who live in fear of supernatural punishment don't live at all. That meaning you CHILDREN NEED SUPPORT MAN.
Are you a NUT? I have a clear and soumd mind. I simply stated, People should not judge any of these parents as worthless and bad parents just because their child got into some troubles! Anyone's child could make a mistake! May I also fill you in that God is not "supernatural" take a look outside and you will see the things, many things not made of man nor do I live in fear, I believe and trust in God and my faith in him shields me from ANY evil! I fear NO evil, I do not fear satan, or any evil that walks among this earth. Might I also add, this is no religion, so you claim, nor dark ages. The HOLY SPIRIT is very much alive!! I will also add that I am not at all ashamed to speak of God and his goodness no matter where I am, whether it be here, or anywhere!

"Envolved" I prayed you find your way, and through faith, I called it done. The choice is up to you not me.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What do you buy a Floridiot for Christmas? 45 min Timmys Friend 18
KFC closed in East Ellijay and Jasper (Dec '11) 47 min Jim Dandy 29
Where the gays at in blairsville? 53 min Tom Cruisin 4
Cheating Wives 3 hr redimix 13
Got through Christmas without Walmart Sat Local 4
women who lie for childsupport (Dec '10) Sat should be done 91
what's happening at KFC? Sat anklebiter 2

Flood Watch for Fannin County was issued at December 28 at 7:43PM EST

Blue Ridge News Video

Blue Ridge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Blue Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Blue Ridge News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blue Ridge

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:11 pm PST

NBC Sports 6:11PM
Cam Newton leads Panthers to playoffs again
ESPN 6:25 PM
Falcons' Smith: 'I'm the one held responsible'
Bleacher Report 6:39 PM
Loss to Carolina Must Mark End of the Mike Smith Era
Yahoo! Sports 8:39 PM
Mike Smith ends his season, and possibly Falcons tenure, on ugly note
NBC Sports 9:51 PM
Mike Smith is "absolutely done" in Atlanta