Summer Propane Fill-up Rates

Summer Propane Fill-up Rates

Posted in the Blue Ridge Forum

Integrity

Lexington, OK

#1 Jul 9, 2013
Where can you get the best summer propane tank fill-up rates in the Blue Ridge/Blairsville area?
Oh No

Blue Ridge, GA

#2 Jul 10, 2013
Integrity wrote:
Where can you get the best summer propane tank fill-up rates in the Blue Ridge/Blairsville area?
Does this indicate the name of a business you work for?
Integrity

Glen Rose, TX

#3 Jul 10, 2013
Oh No wrote:
<quoted text>
Does this indicate the name of a business you work for?
No, I am looking for the best available rate for filling my propane tank (in southeastern Fannin County) before rates begin to climb in the fall.

“Vainglourious Basterd”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#4 Jul 10, 2013
Integrity wrote:
<quoted text>No, I am looking for the best available rate for filling my propane tank (in southeastern Fannin County) before rates begin to climb in the fall.
Waiting for a response to a question that doesn't involve an opinion on here is so much less work than simply making a few phone calls....
Integrity

Glen Rose, TX

#5 Jul 11, 2013
That's my point, to gather as much factual information as quickly and efficiently as possible to the current propane rates that people have recently received. New propane companies are springing up all the time and rates are constantly changing among the existing companies. So posters (including you), how 'bout giving me some constructive assistance as to rates which you have recently received.

“Vainglourious Basterd”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#6 Jul 11, 2013
Integrity wrote:
That's my point, to gather as much factual information as quickly and efficiently as possible to the current propane rates that people have recently received. New propane companies are springing up all the time and rates are constantly changing among the existing companies. So posters (including you), how 'bout giving me some constructive assistance as to rates which you have recently received.
....Or you could make three or four phone calls and have your very black and white answer within ten minutes.

Trust me, outside of yourself and maybe Hank Hill no reasonable person puts this much effort into choosing a propane company. I tell you what.
Ciao Ciao

Blue Ridge, GA

#7 Jul 11, 2013
Integrity wrote:
That's my point, to gather as much factual information as quickly and efficiently as possible to the current propane rates that people have recently received.
Google?
SoGal

Blue Ridge, GA

#8 Jul 11, 2013
Integrity wrote:
I spoke with Folgers Gas yesterday and was quoted $1.69 a gallon. That is the same price I was quoted last January, but ended up paying $1.64 as a new customer. I thought (and still do) that the $1.69 is a good price. Also, I do believe that price is based on owning your tank; which I do. My dad in SC paid about $2.75/gallon around the same time (leasing a tank).

When I called around in January getting prices, I found Folgers to be the easiest (and friendliest) to work with. One company wanted to do a credit check...why? Paying cash/debit card on the spot shouldn't require such ridiculous measures!

Good luck!
Integrity

Glen Rose, TX

#9 Jul 11, 2013
SoGal wrote:
<quoted text>
I spoke with Folgers Gas yesterday and was quoted $1.69 a gallon. That is the same price I was quoted last January, but ended up paying $1.64 as a new customer. I thought (and still do) that the $1.69 is a good price. Also, I do believe that price is based on owning your tank; which I do. My dad in SC paid about $2.75/gallon around the same time (leasing a tank).
When I called around in January getting prices, I found Folgers to be the easiest (and friendliest) to work with. One company wanted to do a credit check...why? Paying cash/debit card on the spot shouldn't require such ridiculous measures!
Good luck!
Thanks SoGal, for your intelligent and thorough response.
K_Wright

Paris, France

#10 Jul 22, 2013
Knowing the propane price around doesn't really help in my experience, it's better to call companies and get quotes directly. I mean, prices can be more expensive for somebody who uses little propane and very cheap for a huge house that runs exclusively on LPG, all in the same area. This section explained it quite well for me: http://www.propanedeal.com/prices

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) 11 hr Save Our Mountains 400
Opinions on Farm Fresh Processing. 12 hr JDC30512 4
Local real estate agencies 16 hr Steve 2
Sentinel Offender Services 19 hr Bobbie 2
Now Hiring Sat Lala 1
Sharon's Friendship Ride in Blue Ridge (Oct '13) Aug 26 Robert Quinn 2
Review: Avenair Mountain Cabin Rentals (Nov '08) Aug 24 helevy 16

Blue Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance