what the heck

Blue Ridge, GA

#1 Feb 11, 2011
Kroger is coming to Blue Ridge?
what the heck

Blue Ridge, GA

#2 Feb 11, 2011
Some old guy was at UCB saying he sold his land for 10 million to Kroger?
Jesse

Blairsville, GA

#3 Feb 11, 2011
Why would Blue Ridge need another grocery store. It already has enough. I guess the Floridiots need another place to shop.
Citation

Paonia, CO

#4 Feb 11, 2011
The area needs someone to compete with Ingles in the upscale segment. With the rapidly escalating grocery prices, getting a little price competition would be a good thing.
Food For Thought

United States

#5 Feb 11, 2011
Jesse wrote:
Why would Blue Ridge need another grocery store. It already has enough. I guess the Floridiots need another place to shop.
Probably just another crappy rumor that won't happen. Kroger has some great deals and we could sure use the sales tax dollars for county government and education. It would give all us idiots (you included) another place to shop and might provide a few needed jobs. Wish it was a Publix though.
Local Progressive

Williston, SC

#6 Feb 11, 2011
Food For Thought wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably just another crappy rumor that won't happen. Kroger has some great deals and we could sure use the sales tax dollars for county government and education. It would give all us idiots (you included) another place to shop and might provide a few needed jobs. Wish it was a Publix though.
Jesse is the typical local idiot who can't see the forest for the trees! Kroger would be an assest to the community serving both transplants and the local morons like Jesse. Both Ingles and Food Lion could use some competition. However, the chances of Kroger coming in and setting up shop is not likely. With Super Wal-Marts within 25 miles in most directions, I can't see a market survey that would suggest a Kroger would be needed. The jobs would be nice.... I just don't see it happening. Another thing, I truly don't see any property that would provide ample space for Kroger going for 10 million around here..... I just saw an 800k home sell for less the 280k..... I think the Kroger chain could find a lot less expensive land. Of course it could be one of those sweetheart deals that the banks have been providing for the local upper untouchables!!!!
WhyBother

Blue Ridge, GA

#7 Feb 11, 2011
Citation wrote:
The area needs someone to compete with Ingles in the upscale segment. With the rapidly escalating grocery prices, getting a little price competition would be a good thing.
Citation, don't waste your time trying to explain the benefits the consumer realizes with competition. MOST (not all) of the people who read and post on this forum have never had an economics class and certainly don't understand such basic principles as supply and demand or competition and the effect it has on prices. I've tried and it's a complete waste of time. The only response you will get is some smart ass comment about "Floridiots or Asslantans".
Bozo the Clown

Atlanta, GA

#8 Feb 12, 2011
I would prefer a Winn-Dixie. I like their brands. However, I understand they have closed a number of their stores and moved out of some areas all together.
No kroger

Ellijay, GA

#9 Feb 12, 2011
There is no Kroger coming to Blue Ridge, They have not bought any land, People like to start rumors, They wanted to at one time,
chucky sher

Blue Ridge, GA

#10 Feb 13, 2011
Done deal. Broker in Atlanta told me Kroger is going up right next to Ingles on that vacant land and he is friend of land owner.
lol

Ringgold, GA

#11 Feb 13, 2011
about damn time. Kroger is the best of the grocery stores

always hated it and preferred Ingles until moving away from Blue Ridge. Maybe they will put one in with the full fledged organic section the size of IGA like I have over here. get to see all the uneducated people flip out when they see the price of that stuff will make my day.
lol too

Onalaska, WA

#12 Feb 13, 2011
Publix would be better but Kroger will do. Some competition will be a good thing.
The cheddar

Palmetto, FL

#13 Feb 26, 2011
A guy named Mike in a lil red truck told me his boss sold his land for 10 million to Kroger next to Ingles and that green shopping center?
Reality Check

Atlanta, GA

#14 Feb 26, 2011
The cheddar wrote:
A guy named Mike in a lil red truck told me his boss sold his land for 10 million to Kroger next to Ingles and that green shopping center?
Mike is an alcoholic. You can't depend on what he says.
what the heck

Blue Ridge, GA

#15 Feb 27, 2011
Yes. Mike works for the guy and used to train and sell pit bulls on his property. I saw them in the bank and he said Kroger is coming and building a large shopping center.
shasta

Blue Ridge, GA

#16 Mar 6, 2011
Is Kroger coming next to Ingles or what? I was in downtown Blue Ridge this weekend and some lady in an antique shop said some Atlanta attorney sold the land to Kroger for 300k an acre??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The best place to meet Gays in Blairsville (Jan '09) 29 min Lindsey Graham 227
Sex toys 32 min Bill Clinton 17
What does Blairsville need? 5 hr Ernest Angley 179
Do you hate all Floridiots regardless of their ... 5 hr Ed Anger 47
Cheaters (Jul '15) 8 hr Laura 48
Expedition Bigfoot in Cherry Log 15 hr Happy Days 8
bearding Dec 2 verimary 1

Blue Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance