BLue Ridge Local News TV Station

BLue Ridge Local News TV Station

Posted in the Blue Ridge Forum

Crazy

Paonia, CO

#1 Feb 3, 2011
I'd like to know why can't Blue Rdge have their own TV News station? I mean they could include surriounding areas.Alls I see is Atlanta news nothing around here.And the ways things are turning out around here I think they should!! I mean I'd like to hear whats happening around here as far as events,activities I guess political and our actuall local weather!! Just wondering why not??
NotMyType

Gainesville, FL

#2 Feb 4, 2011
My suggestion for your "need for news"... Take a trip to downtown Main St. and go from shop to shop. Within a half hour you will find out everything that is going on in Blue Ridge. Everything from; weather, who's doing who, all the sermon topics from all churches, all the politics you can handle and if you don't find out what you really want to know... just ask. Everyone will tell you everything. Now don't you think this is much more fun than sitting in front of a TV?
Food For Thought

Richmond, KY

#3 Feb 4, 2011
NotMyType wrote:
My suggestion for your "need for news"... Take a trip to downtown Main St. and go from shop to shop. Within a half hour you will find out everything that is going on in Blue Ridge. Everything from; weather, who's doing who, all the sermon topics from all churches, all the politics you can handle and if you don't find out what you really want to know... just ask. Everyone will tell you everything. Now don't you think this is much more fun than sitting in front of a TV?
Truer words were never spoken!
INFO

Merritt Island, FL

#4 Feb 4, 2011
Many local cable companies operate a local news channel for their customers. Biggest problems are finding enough business willing to advertise on the channel and customers willing to pay a dollar or two a month more to pay the operating costs.
know some

Saint Marys, GA

#5 Feb 4, 2011
ETC has a local news that covers blue ridge,so they say... It isnt "news" its gossip and it does have local happenings and events.. contact ETC in Blue Ridge behind arbys and they will hook u up... the only issue is that Cherie Martin the local ""personality" " has let it go to her head she thinks she is a star lol.. If u get the chance to meet her she walks around like she is star studded and acts like she is as impressive as Elvis lmao it is funny as hell to watch she is all about """her" "" and her family,her boyfriend,its just sickening to listen to but you have to to get the community calender for events and happenings... lol good luck to you!!!
Local Law

AOL

#6 Feb 6, 2011
Just what we need another local station with no talent news people giving the news about low lifes that get arrested: local sports games that people have seen several times; no talent local singers and music groups; locals sitting around talking about hunting or the Korean War; church services 12 of the 24 hours a day; traffic reports of cars going through the new McDonalds drive through; and worse yet local real estate agencies listing their houses for sale.
Local Law

AOL

#7 Feb 6, 2011
Dang I forgot the local weather:

Wet outside means it has rained or going to;
Snow, duh
Wind, duh
Thermometer on the porch, temp, duh. If you don't have one use that computer you have sitting there gathering dust and pull up The News Observer, they give the current temp in the upper left cornor.

If your that concerned about the local weather, well then go to weatherchannel.com and type in your zip code and it will give you the local weather. Better yet, tune your TV to channel 16 on ETC and they will give the local weather every 8 minutes. The weather in Jasper isn't much different from Blue Ridge.
Food For Thought

Covington, LA

#8 Feb 6, 2011
Local Law wrote:
Just what we need another local station with no talent news people giving the news about low lifes that get arrested: local sports games that people have seen several times; no talent local singers and music groups; locals sitting around talking about hunting or the Korean War; church services 12 of the 24 hours a day; traffic reports of cars going through the new McDonalds drive through; and worse yet local real estate agencies listing their houses for sale.
Talent is in the eye of the beholder. Most of us who liove here like what we see and hear about our small community. It fills our needs for news and events pretty well. If what we have locally offends your sensibilities or isn't what you are used to from your former geographical location just tune it out. We won't mind a bit.
CableNewz

AOL

#9 Feb 10, 2011
What would they broadcast,the crap restaurants we have here, or the moonshiners running shine? Perhaps they could broadcast from church three days a week,get real besides the corruption that goe's on here their wouldn't be chit to braodcast.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dirty jobs tv 1 hr CPA 3
Do you hate all Floridiots regardless of their ... 1 hr Bill 53
What does Blairsville need? 1 hr JDC30512 186
Ignorant trash pet owners. 4 hr F You 2
Looking for a place to live (Fannin Co., etc) 6 hr JaneDough 3
Sex toys 8 hr Fat Bastardson 23
NGTC Bully Facilitator 10 hr Clint 2

Blue Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance