First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nobody wants to hear that

Tuskegee, AL

#1 Jun 2, 2013
I was wondering if anyone knows who owns the Marathon in Lakewood. I have stopped at this store at night, only to pull up & hear either rap or heavy metal music coming from their intercom on the outside of the store. I have to pump my gas & plug my ears because the music is so loud & at times pretty vulgar. I was young once & thought this music was "cool" or made me feel "cool" but there's a time & place for everything & the place is not blaring on a convenience store intercom. The first time I went in a few weeks ago, I had my 4-yr old & the employee didn't have his phone or iPod (whichever it is) sat up in front of the intercom but Eminem was blaring at the register. I thought 'okay, he'll turn it off by the time we get up there' but no, all I heard was "I think I want you baby. I think you want me to..." If you don't know eminem's "Superman," we'll it's not very pleasant to be playing in a public place. I was completely shocked. I should have said something but...I've asked a couple of times at this store in the morning & the marathon across from Roses who the manager was but they wouldn't give me a name & just listened to my story & said they'll pass it along to their boss. I have witnessed a few cars pull in, open their doors, close them right back & then drive off. I've seen customers shake their heads in disgust & one gentlemen said that he won't be back until either the young man is gone or the problem is fixed because evidently he seen him grind dancing on a female in the parking lot as he was pulling up a few nights ago. The kid seems like he may be a nice kid but he's not acting very professional & may be hurting this stores rep. Don't know what else to do.
Jason

Blue Ridge, GA

#2 Jun 3, 2013
Nobody wants to hear that wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knows who owns the Marathon in Lakewood. I have stopped at this store at night, only to pull up & hear either rap or heavy metal music coming from their intercom on the outside of the store. I have to pump my gas & plug my ears because the music is so loud & at times pretty vulgar. I was young once & thought this music was "cool" or made me feel "cool" but there's a time & place for everything & the place is not blaring on a convenience store intercom. The first time I went in a few weeks ago, I had my 4-yr old & the employee didn't have his phone or iPod (whichever it is) sat up in front of the intercom but Eminem was blaring at the register. I thought 'okay, he'll turn it off by the time we get up there' but no, all I heard was "I think I want you baby. I think you want me to..." If you don't know eminem's "Superman," we'll it's not very pleasant to be playing in a public place. I was completely shocked. I should have said something but...I've asked a couple of times at this store in the morning & the marathon across from Roses who the manager was but they wouldn't give me a name & just listened to my story & said they'll pass it along to their boss. I have witnessed a few cars pull in, open their doors, close them right back & then drive off. I've seen customers shake their heads in disgust & one gentlemen said that he won't be back until either the young man is gone or the problem is fixed because evidently he seen him grind dancing on a female in the parking lot as he was pulling up a few nights ago. The kid seems like he may be a nice kid but he's not acting very professional & may be hurting this stores rep. Don't know what else to do.
I agree, go to another store.
Cape

Tuskegee, AL

#3 Jun 3, 2013
Jason wrote:
<quoted text> I agree, go to another store.
This is probably the little punk that you're talking about, original poster. See where you're wrong, Jason, is that he/she doesn't have to go to another store. I'm sure they work, pay their taxes, & have the right to shop wherever they want. You, if you are the ignorant "employee," doesn't have the right to do what you are doing. The convenience store is not yours. You do not own it & you do not get to make up your own rules. Your job is to be a polite, professional worker that caters to your customers because after all, they pay your paycheck. If you are not the worker that this person speaks of, I suggest you learn how to
be a big boy so that you may succeed in life. I will try to find out, original poster, who the owner of the store is so that some order can be brought to the store. It's a nice store that has nice workers from what I can tell from the times that I have been in there. They definitely don't want someone like this guy working for them.
Katy

Tuskegee, AL

#4 Jun 3, 2013
The store manager is Jackie. This isn't the first time in the last week that I've heard about incidents at this store concerning this guy. Now that you know her name, I say call her. I'll also let her know. I've seen him outside the store, talking with his friends, while customers are inside the store.
Tater head

Blue Ridge, GA

#5 Jun 3, 2013
Katy wrote:
<quoted text>
The store manager is Jackie. This isn't the first time in the last week that I've heard about incidents at this store concerning this guy. Now that you know her name, I say call her. I'll also let her know. I've seen him outside the store, talking with his friends, while customers are inside the store.
I can't believe the store doesn't post the manager's name and contact information for purposes just like this. The kid needs to be fired and taught a lesson.
Yuck

Blue Ridge, GA

#6 Jun 4, 2013
I bet he is related to the owner or manager. The worst employees in the world are the boss's children. They can do whatever they want and they know it. If you ever find yourself working for the boss's kid start looking for another job ASAP.
CountryGeekGirl

Chattanooga, TN

#8 Jun 10, 2013
Funny that you knew the name of that Eminem song, what with being so easily offended by it. Thanks for the chuckle!

Charlotte, NC

#9 Jun 10, 2013
CountryGeekGirl wrote:
Funny that you knew the name of that Eminem song, what with being so easily offended by it. Thanks for the chuckle!
No, what's funny is that you never know what you're talking about. You just troll around miserably to every post. I recall stating in my post that I, at one time, use to listen to the same music. It's offensive when my 4-yr old is standing next to me while the song is blaring right in front of us & then him asking me "momma, isn't bitch a bad word?" Move on little, pathetic one. Thanks for the chuckle.
LaForte Fan

Blue Ridge, GA

#10 Jun 10, 2013
Country isn't the only music worth hearing. I was at the Grammys the night Eminem and Elton John sang their duet. Artistry is artistry.

Charlotte, NC

#11 Jun 10, 2013
LaForte Fan wrote:
Country isn't the only music worth hearing. I was at the Grammys the night Eminem and Elton John sang their duet. Artistry is artistry.
You're as lame as geek when it comes to making speculations. I said nothing about listening to country music. Actually, Elton John is one of my all time favorite artist. However, if Elton John or Tim McGraw had a song that was calling women hoe's & bitches, & it was being played on a loud speaker, I'd have a big problem with that. There's a time & a place for everything and a convenience store is not the place to play songs about being a hustler & "big booty bitches."
Slasher

Cleveland, TN

#12 Jun 10, 2013
geek girl and LaForte Fan have always been attention sluts. All they do is troll, like you said "Nobody wants to hear that." They are consistently clueless. The two of them always think that they are so clever and hilarious, especially Laforte fan. She's just a follower.
LaForte Fan

Blue Ridge, GA

#13 Jun 10, 2013
<quoted text>
No, what's funny is that you never know what you're talking about. You just troll around miserably to every post. I recall stating in my post that I, at one time, use to listen to the same music. It's offensive when my 4-yr old is standing next to me while the song is blaring right in front of us & then him asking me "momma, isn't bitch a bad word?" Move on little, pathetic one. Thanks for the chuckle.
Instead of teaching your child to leap to a judgmental conclusion you could use the convenience store music as an opportunity to teach the concept that most words typically have more than one meaning. In the professional dog world all females are bitches. You could also teach your child there is usually more than one way to consider almost everything. For example, how much time did you spend in that store compared to the shifts the employees work? You think your child's musical interests should be the deciding factor? What will that teach your child? In the dictionary Booty would be defined as something like "ill gotten gains". Can't we discuss anything without being so insulting?
BLJ

Hull, GA

#14 Jun 10, 2013
LaForte Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Instead of teaching your child to leap to a judgmental conclusion you could use the convenience store music as an opportunity to teach the concept that most words typically have more than one meaning. In the professional dog world all females are bitches. You could also teach your child there is usually more than one way to consider almost everything. For example, how much time did you spend in that store compared to the shifts the employees work? You think your child's musical interests should be the deciding factor? What will that teach your child? In the dictionary Booty would be defined as something like "ill gotten gains". Can't we discuss anything without being so insulting?
You'll have to ignore this DA a.k.a Laforte Fan. She's your typical nut case. Original poster, everyone but the scab that I'm replying to agrees with you more than likely. Laforte fan, once again, you prove that you're a dimwit. God forbid she has children. You have no idea the parenting skill of "nobody wants to hear that." I guaran-dang-tee she does an awesome job. Unlike your parents. I read some of your other replies to other posts and according to what you've said, your parents are as wack as you. Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, huh?
LaForte Fan

Blue Ridge, GA

#15 Jun 10, 2013
BLJ wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll have to ignore this DA a.k.a Laforte Fan. She's your typical nut case. Original poster, everyone but the scab that I'm replying to agrees with you more than likely. Laforte fan, once again, you prove that you're a dimwit. God forbid she has children. You have no idea the parenting skill of "nobody wants to hear that." I guaran-dang-tee she does an awesome job. Unlike your parents. I read some of your other replies to other posts and according to what you've said, your parents are as wack as you. Apple doesn't fall too far from the tree, huh?
I dunno about the apple/tree question, depends on the tree and the apple I suspect. Are your parents vicious, aggressive, and addicted to insults and chiche sayings?

Hull, GA

#16 Jun 11, 2013
LaForte Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Laforte Fan, you really should move on sweetheart. Nothing you've said makes sense. I'm sorry it is what it is. You have no idea the conversation that I had with my little one about the words being used. Don't try to act all high & mighty & question how I feel & how I parent. The things that you want to expose your child to is your business but I feel that any person with decency & common sense would feel the same way I do. Especially the ones that left the parking lot as fast as they came in because of the music coming from the loud speaker & the way the young gentleman was acting. You're seriously getting nowhere so feel free to troll another post and spew your meaningless preaching. Thanks & have a nice day.
LaForte Fan

Blue Ridge, GA

#17 Jun 11, 2013
You are correct. I was not there. The employee's behavior might have been bizarre and unsuitable for children -- maybe he was on meth. But maybe he wasn't, and to me, he might have seemed happy and enjoying his choice of music.

I was talking with someone the other day who told me his employee had been caught cooking meth in his shop at night. Naturally I asked him if he had considered drug testing his employees. He said if he did that he would not have any employees.

Many decent even brilliant individuals with exceptional common sense are not necessarily going to agree with you because you think they should. That is why we share ideas instead of calling one another names and telling them where they should be, what they should think, and what kind of day to have. We are all gifted in different ways and none of us are always right even when others agree with us.

Byron, GA

#18 Jun 11, 2013
LaForte Fan wrote:
You are correct. I was not there. The employee's behavior might have been bizarre and unsuitable for children -- maybe he was on meth. But maybe he wasn't, and to me, he might have seemed happy and enjoying his choice of music.
I was talking with someone the other day who told me his employee had been caught cooking meth in his shop at night. Naturally I asked him if he had considered drug testing his employees. He said if he did that he would not have any employees.
Many decent even brilliant individuals with exceptional common sense are not necessarily going to agree with you because you think they should. That is why we share ideas instead of calling one another names and telling them where they should be, what they should think, and what kind of day to have. We are all gifted in different ways and none of us are always right even when others agree with us.
Seriously, your replies make me literally LOL!! Thank you for that. So because this young man was listening to loud music, dancing in the parking lot, & jumping over counters means that he could possibly be on meth?! And I'm sure he does enjoy his music. Do you listen to music that you do not enjoy? The bottom line is, and I'm not a conceited, self-righteous person by any means, nor do I have too much pride to not admit that I'm wrong, but I'm not wrong in this case sugar pie. This is my last reply to you. I've already wasted too much time carrying on a convo with you & I've honesty lost the desire to shoot the bull with you. Move on honey. You're going to get nowhere here & you're just wasting whatever time you have.
get it together

United States

#19 Jun 11, 2013
I say go to the department of labor and have them contact allie if spelled that right he is the owner of that store. and jackie is good boss unless any of you have worked for her put a lock on your key board. i think its very wrong to blair vulgar music in a public place like that espicially with kiddo around and i also hear he smokes pot out back of the building in the late hours of the night i don't think its fair he comes in to work baked out of his mind and smokes pot on the clock and i couldn't take a two week notice back and keep my job

Byron, GA

#20 Jun 11, 2013
get it together wrote:
I say go to the department of labor and have them contact allie if spelled that right he is the owner of that store. and jackie is good boss unless any of you have worked for her put a lock on your key board. i think its very wrong to blair vulgar music in a public place like that espicially with kiddo around and i also hear he smokes pot out back of the building in the late hours of the night i don't think its fair he comes in to work baked out of his mind and smokes pot on the clock and i couldn't take a two week notice back and keep my job
Thanks hon. I called Jackie last week & spoke to her about the situation. Evidently she's had numerous complaints on him. She said that she was going to have a talk with him about everything he had been doing. I've been back by a few times since then & I didn't see him. I didn't know if he was off or let go. I told her that I hated to call & I was just going to let it go but then I noticed people leaving the store & some other were very upset according to their words & expressions. I figured I'd call because it's a nice store, all of the other employees are very nice, & I didn't want this guy ruining some of their business. He's young I know & has a lot of learning yet to do but if he's doesn't get called out now, then he'll never learn.
LaForte Fan

Blue Ridge, GA

#21 Jun 12, 2013
<quoted text>
Thanks hon. I called Jackie last week & spoke to her about the situation. Evidently she's had numerous complaints on him. She said that she was going to have a talk with him about everything he had been doing. I've been back by a few times since then & I didn't see him. I didn't know if he was off or let go. I told her that I hated to call & I was just going to let it go but then I noticed people leaving the store & some other were very upset according to their words & expressions. I figured I'd call because it's a nice store, all of the other employees are very nice, & I didn't want this guy ruining some of their business. He's young I know & has a lot of learning yet to do but if he's doesn't get called out now, then he'll never learn.
I don't know why it took me so long to figure out that you are after this kid's job either for yourself or for someone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thinking of buying acreage in blue ridge 2 hr Blue Ridge Sux 11
Remove Benny Erwin as Coroner 2 hr Benny 61
Time To Clean Up Union County (Jan '15) 12 hr Advocate4Clean 434
Trump doesn't deserve our trust Jul 24 Whip Tizzy 24
Cruz Jul 23 Giddyup 4
who are the sexiest single woman in Blue Ridge? Jul 22 Terrible Ted 5
Keith Hyatt (Matilda Prince) Jul 21 Fixurpet 17

Blue Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance