project orchard
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
been there done that

Cedaredge, CO

#21 Dec 7, 2010
What about Randy Stewart????Was it hunting accident or suicide or murder????anybody know???
Local

Epworth, GA

#22 Dec 8, 2010
visitor wrote:
<quoted text> It would be great to know what state department to send inquiries to concerning all of this. Does anyone know where this could be reported? It is just shameful what is going on right now and the ones doing these things feel free to do whatever they want to do.
You can contact the Georgia Department of Community Affairs about issues like this one. I have already sent them an email, but it would be great if everyone who is outraged by this could call or email the DCA to voice their opinions. Maybe, if enough people complain, they may investigate this and do something about it.
Noticed

Cleveland, TN

#23 Dec 8, 2010
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
You can contact the Georgia Department of Community Affairs about issues like this one. I have already sent them an email, but it would be great if everyone who is outraged by this could call or email the DCA to voice their opinions. Maybe, if enough people complain, they may investigate this and do something about it.
Call the State Attorney Generals Office an fill a complaint of corruption,conflict of intrest. Tell them the story or send them the news paper info.
REBEL

Paonia, CO

#24 Dec 8, 2010
LOOKS LIKE THE PEOPLE OF FANNIN CO. WERE FOOLED ONCE MORE? USING TAX PAYERS MONEY TO PAY SOME ONE OUT AT UCB. GOOD OLD FANNIN, ARE WE WAKING UP YET.
resident

Paonia, CO

#25 Dec 10, 2010
REBEL wrote:
LOOKS LIKE THE PEOPLE OF FANNIN CO. WERE FOOLED ONCE MORE? USING TAX PAYERS MONEY TO PAY SOME ONE OUT AT UCB. GOOD OLD FANNIN, ARE WE WAKING UP YET.
Well, well, looks like Project Orchard has been put on hold. Is there anyone surprised by this?
Fannin Taxpayer

Ellijay, GA

#26 Dec 10, 2010
resident wrote:
<quoted text>Well, well, looks like Project Orchard has been put on hold. Is there anyone surprised by this?
Everyone in Fannin county should be upset by what has happened right before their eyes. During a recession land was purchased under the pretext of a "PIPE DREAM". Full retail price was paid and now th taxpayers on the hook for it. Those in charge should be run out of office by pitch fork. Those who had a hand in this deal ran out of the county. At one time I though Anthony Walden was an honorable man. I was "WRONG"! As for Simmonds he's already on his way out along with Dane Kirby.
GET-ER DONE

Cleveland, TN

#27 Dec 10, 2010
Call the local T.V.stations Channel-2, Channel-5, get an investigative reporter to investigate the issues. Ethics are the issues here, I heard it went back a little ways back when a deal was struck with the Waldens. Just asking and wondering.
Wrong

Cleveland, TN

#28 Dec 10, 2010
We have all been fooled by the formentioned, but it will be a better day soon, "MARK MY WORDS" and by the way what has honor have to do with making money?

Since: Jan 11

Ellijay, GA

#29 Jan 14, 2011
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
On Dec 8th you wrote that you had sent an email to Dept of Community Affairs about Project Orchard unethical practices. Did you ever get a reply from them? Does anyone know if this situation is being investigated?? Would you please share with us the email address that you used to contact Dept of Community Affairs about it??
Happy

Ellijay, GA

#30 Jan 14, 2011
radioguy45 wrote:
<quoted text>
On Dec 8th you wrote that you had sent an email to Dept of Community Affairs about Project Orchard unethical practices. Did you ever get a reply from them? Does anyone know if this situation is being investigated?? Would you please share with us the email address that you used to contact Dept of Community Affairs about it??
Let's be realistic. This was a Good Ole Boy deal from the start. Land purchased under the pretext that we might be in the running for a Phantom project? Walden was on the brink of bankruptcy . Put 2 and 2 together and you get tax payer funded bailout. Will anything be done about it? 1 chance in a million. A lot of talk but no action. Will any of the ones in power investigate what happened? It was their deal!
Local

Epworth, GA

#32 Jan 14, 2011
radioguy45 wrote:
<quoted text>
And no, I never got a reply.
Freeman

Ellijay, GA

#33 Jan 15, 2011
I think that this would constitute a violation of oath of office for our commissioners. IMHO.
Doug Royster

Atlanta, GA

#35 Feb 20, 2011
been there done that wrote:
What about Randy Stewart????Was it hunting accident or suicide or murder????anybody know???
From what I have heard, I believe it was murder?
person

Paonia, CO

#37 Jan 11, 2012
The M0untains V0ice wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like some feedback from residents on their opinion of the Observer as a Newspaper. My main question is... Do they look after the truth, and the people? Or do they look after the handful of insiders? I honestly do not know. I am asking because i am looking into starting a regional newspaper, and I am trying to find out which local papers are worth something, and which ones are not. I'd like examples of stories that people think have been ignored, to back up any allegations that the Observer isn't doing it's job. Similar to the example given above..
I think they pick and choose their battles.
Local

Epworth, GA

#38 Jan 11, 2012
I have not read anything else in the paper about Project Orchard. One would think the paper would be interested in tracking the progress of such a costly land purchase.
Observer

Cleveland, TN

#39 Jan 11, 2012
<quoted text>
I would like some feedback from residents on their opinion of the Observer as a Newspaper. My main question is... Do they look after the truth, and the people? Or do they look after the handful of insiders? I honestly do not know. I am asking because i am looking into starting a regional newspaper, and I am trying to find out which local papers are worth something, and which ones are not. I'd like examples of stories that people think have been ignored, to back up any allegations that the Observer isn't doing it's job. Similar to the example given above..
This news paper is the Counties only legal news organ, and they print what they are told to print.
Observer

Cleveland, TN

#40 Jan 11, 2012
Local wrote:
I have not read anything else in the paper about Project Orchard. One would think the paper would be interested in tracking the progress of such a costly land purchase.
And you want it`s dead in the water
Observer

Cleveland, TN

#41 Jan 11, 2012
<quoted text>
those should ask about the deal signed by Fannin Co. and walden on the firing range that the County leased from walden down below the Power House building, and the county put money into improvements for the range. The question that the News Paper doing its job is, NO!!. The people of Fannin Co. would like a TRUE news reporting paper that maybe be linked up with an Atlanta News Channel.I even heard one of the local political parties say they wanted to boycot This news paper.
Look

Chattanooga, TN

#42 Jan 11, 2012
person wrote:
<quoted text>I think they pick and choose their battles.
They need to follow their own Code of Ethics, and yes they "DO HAVE ONE".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Muslims in Fannin or Union Counties? 5 hr Cletus bumgarber 5
THAT Falling Apart Decrepit Trailer 8 hr Cant stand the TRUTH 72
Arrest reports Sun Think about it 67
Oracle Sun Oracle 1
Tim Evans corrupt borough Mar 24 LOL 3
Tthe Meadow Apartments Mar 23 The WB 15
Blue Ridge Ga Walmart disappointment (Jun '14) Mar 23 a fan of yours 168

Blue Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance