Wal-Mart In Blue Ridge
First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Concerned

Ellijay, GA

#1 Nov 28, 2011
Yes, I shop at Wal-Mart but I don't want to see one in Blue Ridge. I don't believe that I would shop at a Blue-Ridge Wal-Mart any more than I already do in Ellijay/Blairsville/Metropolit an Atlanta. Yes, I know about money staying in Blue Ridge but really folks, isn't our community growing nicely without a Wal-Mart? Google Wal-Mart Ellijay and view the mayhem that occured there on Friday. Let's do better than that.
WTN

Cedaredge, CO

#2 Nov 28, 2011
Money talks. Jobs talk too.
shazammmma

Acworth, GA

#3 Nov 28, 2011
When is Walmart coming to Blue Ridge and where?
Blah blah blah

United States

#4 Nov 28, 2011
Wal-Mart is not coming to Blue Ridge. I remember when they were talking about coming to Blue Ridge a few yrs ago (way before Blairsville) the story in the paper pretty much said they were, in a sense, ran out of Blue Ridge by local businesses & they said that they will NOT be back to Blue Ridge.
WTN

Cedaredge, CO

#5 Nov 28, 2011
shazammmma wrote:
When is Walmart coming to Blue Ridge and where?
Right behind Dairy Queen. I'm friends with one of the builders. He said that the idea of there being one was "up in the air right now", but said they do have builders already lined up when they get the greenlight.
Summer

Blue Ridge, GA

#6 Nov 28, 2011
I heard from one of the builders walmart is definately coming to blue ridge
Blah blah blah

Boiling Springs, SC

#7 Nov 28, 2011
If so, I bet it will be one of those express wal-marts. The ones that they're building to try to give the Dollar Generals a run for their money.

“Vainglourious Basterd”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#9 Nov 29, 2011
Concerned wrote:
Yes, I shop at Wal-Mart but I don't want to see one in Blue Ridge. I don't believe that I would shop at a Blue-Ridge Wal-Mart any more than I already do in Ellijay/Blairsville/Metropolit an Atlanta. Yes, I know about money staying in Blue Ridge but really folks, isn't our community growing nicely without a Wal-Mart? Google Wal-Mart Ellijay and view the mayhem that occured there on Friday. Let's do better than that.
Growing nicely in what way? Personally I can't stand having to drive all the way to Ellijay to get something from Wal Mart. What we need are less tourist-trap trinket shops downtown and more things for locals to do.

Three things that would make this town better are a liquor store, a decent book store, and a movie theater that is worth a damn. Oh, and a Starbucks with a drive-thru would be nice too.
Orion

Cedaredge, CO

#10 Nov 29, 2011
Jobs?
Assume some large employer does come in, The "power brokers" wiil mandate that wages stay "low", just like they did when Homedepot wanted to open up---ask the employees!
I find it amazing how "the locals" take advantage of their own.Very sad.

“Good to Go!!”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#11 Nov 29, 2011
Wal Mart would be great, those local stores suck, have poor selections, and are expensive
Bank- rep

Williston, SC

#13 Feb 9, 2012
they have purchased the land,Blue ridge needs the Money,,,,,OR YOUR LAND TAXES WILL GO UP.WE need a new Movie theater.We need a place other than Roses.I have lived here all of my life ,i spend more on gas to get to other towns to shop.YOU PEOPLE NEED TO GET OUT FROM UNDER YOUR ROCKS.Wake up times have changed.And no im not moving.Yes and bring in Miniture Golf.
Just Wondering

Blue Ridge, GA

#14 Feb 9, 2012
Summer wrote:
I heard from one of the builders walmart is definately coming to blue ridge
Isn't there some group that is putting out a petition people can sign to keep thing out of Blue Ridge. I would definately like to sign it. If anyone knows where one is available, please post it.
Blah Blah Blah

Blue Ridge, GA

#15 Feb 9, 2012
I would like to sign the petition. I am going to call the Chamber of Commerce and see if they know.
frisco

Acworth, GA

#16 Feb 9, 2012
What land?
citizen

Paonia, CO

#17 Feb 9, 2012
frisco wrote:
What land?
Maybe that property toward McCaysville....oh wait....that is reserved for Project Orchard.
Just saying

Hotchkiss, CO

#18 Feb 10, 2012
I would love for Target to come into Blue Ridge!
Orion

Cedaredge, CO

#19 Feb 11, 2012
I know I do not want more overpriced crappy restaurants in town
Confused

United States

#20 Feb 11, 2012
Target. Yes, please.
Confused

United States

#21 Feb 11, 2012
Oh yea, Publix too.
Old Timer

Versailles, KY

#22 Feb 11, 2012
Wal-Mart.......a Chinese trinket store, or Chineses gift shop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
where did all the money go????? 2 hr Mavis in Blairsville 10
This can't be true. 2 hr Advocate4Clean 2
Bear in Food City 3 hr Mavis in Blairsville 4
Cheaters (Jul '15) 4 hr Shiney 26
Trump doesn't deserve our trust Thu Whip Tizzy 7
Any Blacks in Blue Ridge???? (May '14) Thu Speedy Storms 38
Keith Hyatt (Matilda Prince) Jun 21 Cindafreakarella 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blue Ridge Mortgages