FANNIN COUNTY ranks high in number of...

FANNIN COUNTY ranks high in number of gay couples

Posted in the Blue Ridge Forum

First Prev
of 6
Next Last

“Good to Go!!”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#1 Sep 29, 2011
According to the AJC, the most recent census shows Fannin County is number 3 in Georgia for most gay couples per capita, DeKalb (#1, Decatur of course) cited 18.42 same-sex couples per 1,000 households, while Fulton (Midtown,#2) cited 14.76 per 1,000. Apparently, lesbian and gay couples are also finding a haven in the North Georgia mountains. The next three counties with the highest concentration of gay couples per 1,000 households are all in the region: Fannin #3 (10.32 per 1,000), Gilmer #4 (10.24 per 1,000) and Rabun #5 (10.21 per 1,000).

Its really good for the economy as gay couples tend to be more affluent, better educated and have more disposable income. Im sure it irks some of the snake handler zealots up here but I like it. DISCUSS
gustra

Blue Ridge, GA

#2 Sep 30, 2011
Laura Fullbusch wrote:
According to the AJC, the most recent census shows Fannin County is number 3 in Georgia for most gay couples per capita, DeKalb (#1, Decatur of course) cited 18.42 same-sex couples per 1,000 households, while Fulton (Midtown,#2) cited 14.76 per 1,000. Apparently, lesbian and gay couples are also finding a haven in the North Georgia mountains. The next three counties with the highest concentration of gay couples per 1,000 households are all in the region: Fannin #3 (10.32 per 1,000), Gilmer #4 (10.24 per 1,000) and Rabun #5 (10.21 per 1,000).
Its really good for the economy as gay couples tend to be more affluent, better educated and have more disposable income. Im sure it irks some of the snake handler zealots up here but I like it. DISCUSS
And it is so sad. I have a family member I know they were just born that way. Only thing u can do is pray for them.(People shouldn't hurt them.) They need to just be left alone to themselves. I cry about them alot. so sad.
Smurfette

Blue Ridge, GA

#3 Sep 30, 2011
gustra wrote:
<quoted text>
And it is so sad. I have a family member I know they were just born that way. Only thing u can do is pray for them.(People shouldn't hurt them.) They need to just be left alone to themselves. I cry about them alot. so sad.
People are not born that way. It is lifestyle they choose. And another thing there is very few gay people in Fannin county.
easy rider

Middleton, WI

#4 Sep 30, 2011
Laura Fullbusch wrote:
wow now i know why its called elli-gay
smurfette

Blue Ridge, GA

#5 Sep 30, 2011
easy rider wrote:
<quoted text>
wow now i know why its called elli-gay
oh my gosh get a life
Sweet

Blue Ridge, GA

#6 Sep 30, 2011
Where are the lesbian couples at? If you need a little variety, let me know =)
Local Observer

Williston, SC

#7 Oct 2, 2011
Smurfette wrote:
<quoted text>People are not born that way. It is lifestyle they choose. And another thing there is very few gay people in Fannin county.
Obviously you haven't been downtown Blue Ridge lately!!

United States

#8 Oct 9, 2011
Smurfette wrote:
<quoted text>People are not born that way. It is lifestyle they choose. And another thing there is very few gay people in Fannin county.
PLEASE educate yourself before you speak about an issue you obviously know NOTHING about. It is painful to hear you speak out of ignorance.

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9 Oct 9, 2011
Laura Fullbusch wrote:
According to the AJC, the most recent census shows Fannin County is number 3 in Georgia for most gay couplesDISCUSS
Congratulations!

Location hidden

#10 Oct 9, 2011
gustra wrote:
They need to just be left alone to themselves.
That's a ridiculous notion that they should be left alone, what the hell is wrong with you?

Location hidden

#11 Oct 9, 2011
Smurfette wrote:
People are not born that way. It is lifestyle they choose.
No, it is not a choice & when you continue to bleat this type of opinion you only reinforce our thought that you are an uneducated bumpkin.

United States

#12 Oct 9, 2011
Duchess2 wrote:
<quoted text>No, it is not a choice & when you continue to bleat this type of opinion you only reinforce our thought that you are an uneducated bumpkin.
Double Amen!!!

“Vainglourious Basterd”

Location hidden

#13 Oct 9, 2011
I am almost ashamed to be posting on-topic for once but here it is.

Judging purely by inference, it HAS to be more than a simple choice because I can't understand why a man would ever want to be gay. The same way I can't understand why anyone would listen to country music or Eminem for that matter. I think people who say it's just a choice are ashamed of their own homosexual tendencies and want to hide it.

Location hidden

#14 Oct 9, 2011
Given the way gays are treated by some elements of society who in their right mind would choose that lifestyle? People have been persecuted & others have DIED because of their sexuality. It has been a miserable existance for some & that's so very sad to me.

Lanius, I like your music analogy to it. I may have to borrow it in the future when I come across other close minded individuals..*wink*

“Vainglourious Basterd”

Location hidden

#15 Oct 9, 2011
Duchess2 wrote:
Given the way gays are treated by some elements of society who in their right mind would choose that lifestyle? People have been persecuted & others have DIED because of their sexuality. It has been a miserable existance for some & that's so very sad to me.

Lanius, I like your music analogy to it. I may have to borrow it in the future when I come across other close minded individuals..*wink*
Go right ahead and use it, I am an open-source poster. Gays are some of the most non-judgmental people you can find. It's sad but it seems like they are just happy to be accepted at times.

Where would we be without David Bowie or Elton John?
Anonymous

Copperhill, TN

#16 Oct 9, 2011
I'm a lesbian trapped n a mans body
brother

Copperhill, TN

#17 Oct 9, 2011
I love lesbians.
Weekenders

Blairsville, GA

#19 Oct 10, 2011
Local Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously you haven't been downtown Blue Ridge lately!!
Yeah but they arent full time working class citizens of Fannin County. They are all weekend warriors from Atlanta and Floriduh. When winter comes most of them dont come around and stay put in their gay friendly cities they belong in.

“Vainglourious Basterd”

Location hidden

#20 Oct 10, 2011
Weekenders wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah but they arent full time working class citizens of Fannin County. They are all weekend warriors from Atlanta and Floriduh. When winter comes most of them dont come around and stay put in their gay friendly cities they belong in.
They contribute more to the local economy than the unqualified masses that populate this town. And other than them just being "gay" I dare you to find one logical complaint about having them here.
Local Observer

Williston, SC

#21 Oct 10, 2011
Weekenders wrote:
<quoted text>
What rock are you living under??? They are full-time residents & are raising families here! They are the business owners, not just the patrons of the businesses!! I was born and raised here, but thank goodness my parents didn't raise me to be so close-minded!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 1 hr Hillary for priso... 379
BRMEMC Director Candidates 3 hr not local 30
Are there any blacks in Blairsville? (Oct '08) 17 hr Save Our Mountains 400
Opinions on Farm Fresh Processing. 19 hr JDC30512 4
Now Hiring Sat Lala 1
Sharon's Friendship Ride in Blue Ridge (Oct '13) Aug 26 Robert Quinn 2
Review: Avenair Mountain Cabin Rentals (Nov '08) Aug 24 helevy 16

Blue Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance