Milestones daycare at riverstone

Posted in the Blue Ridge Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
concerned parent

Germany

#1 Jan 20, 2010
I would like to know if any other parents have issues with Milestones or if they have had issues in the past.

I know for a fact that the lady that runs the daycare has told her employees to tell parents "I don't know" when parents inquire about injuries. I also know for a fact that often times they start out in the morning meeting the state requirements having enough "teachers" per child, then by the afternoon they are often below the state requirements. I also believe there may be some false advertisement going on with the requirements they claim there staff has.

I need to know what other options there are locally for good child care. I am scared to file a complaint with the state until I move my child out. I am also scared to complain to the the daycare since my child is still attending.

I will also say that I don't think this is a "learning center" as they claim. It may have been at one time, but I don't see it any different than any other daycare anymore.

I thought about paying for the camera access to watch my child, but I'm not allowed to use the internet at work so I don't know that it will be worth the expense.

I often wonder if the state has access to the cameras to check up on the daycare, or if they call the facility in advance so they have time to get their ducks in a row prior to an inspection.

Please bring your opinions to the table. My child is the most important thing to me!
in for a penny

United States

#2 Jan 20, 2010
concerned parent wrote:
I would like to know if any other parents have issues with Milestones or if they have had issues in the past.
I know for a fact that the lady that runs the daycare has told her employees to tell parents "I don't know" when parents inquire about injuries. I also know for a fact that often times they start out in the morning meeting the state requirements having enough "teachers" per child, then by the afternoon they are often below the state requirements. I also believe there may be some false advertisement going on with the requirements they claim there staff has.
I need to know what other options there are locally for good child care. I am scared to file a complaint with the state until I move my child out. I am also scared to complain to the the daycare since my child is still attending.
I will also say that I don't think this is a "learning center" as they claim. It may have been at one time, but I don't see it any different than any other daycare anymore.
I thought about paying for the camera access to watch my child, but I'm not allowed to use the internet at work so I don't know that it will be worth the expense.
I often wonder if the state has access to the cameras to check up on the daycare, or if they call the facility in advance so they have time to get their ducks in a row prior to an inspection.
Please bring your opinions to the table. My child is the most important thing to me!
If you have any concern at all I say follow your gut. i knew one daycare that was sooo bad that i felt sorry for the children that came there, i could tell one mother was having trouble with her decision to use daycare and her
child was not treated right the other workers called her a cry-baby and just left her alone, i quit that job. I just wished I could have told the parents to get their child and keep going away from that place. so take care of your child and do what needs to be done. if you feel that somethings not right then it probably is something to be concerned about. don't know about this particular daycare but i hope this helps.
not personally

Onalaska, WA

#3 Jan 21, 2010
umm...iknow about this woman whos child was bitten seven times in one day while they were at milestones...no one even told her about them...she seen them when they got home and it was the bites that leave bruises and break skin...when she asked about it they said they didnt notice anything and she wanted to review the tapes and they told her they "werent working" then.may be worth it to file...im sure it would be annonymous if you wanted
Amy

Nürnberg, Germany

#4 Apr 29, 2010
Amy is lying to parents yet again. This time a little girl came to school with a full head of lice. Amy lied to the parents and said they just found a couple of eggs and rectified the situation.
In reality it was in fact a FULL head of lice. They then proceeded to wash the little girls head in the kitchen sink where they prepare the food for the other children.
The difference this time is that several parents have caught Amy in the lie. I have at least 8 parents with proof that are banning together asking for her resignation. We have current employees willing to talk to an attorney with us as well. I will be contacting the paper tomorrow. Enough lies from Amy.
Lets protect our children from her.
Wow

Atlanta, GA

#5 Apr 30, 2010
As much as they charge to keep your kids for "premium care" they seem to be falling short. My kids go to Dannon's Daycare and while they are not perfect, my kids have never gotten a scratch I didn't know about let alone multiple bite marks. Nor has either of my kids ever gotten lice or any other filth from being there (and my daughter has hair past her shoulders).
Ill be watching the developments on this one. Its sad when people have to sink to these kind of lows
For the children

United States

#6 May 5, 2010
Does Dr. Duglikinski, the dentist at Riversrine, own and started this daycare? Took Amy from another daycare and hired her to run it? For one thing the doctor does not need to be owning a day care he can't run! I would definetly file a complaint and not with the daycare! Fo to the city and file.
Alabaster

United States

#7 May 5, 2010
If I'm correct, dr. Duglikinski, the dentist up at Riverstone, started and owns this daycare. For one, he has no experience in daycare and two, he hired Amy from another daycare which I dis not care for. Go to the city and file a report and have them look at the tapes. They probably have already deleted most and if complaints start rolling in they can demand all tapes from there on. Do it doe the children people, we don't need these people abusing our young kids!
Sunday Purpose

Ellijay, GA

#8 May 10, 2010
Alabaster wrote:
If I'm correct, dr. Duglikinski, the dentist up at Riverstone, started and owns this daycare. For one, he has no experience in daycare and two, he hired Amy from another daycare which I dis not care for. Go to the city and file a report and have them look at the tapes. They probably have already deleted most and if complaints start rolling in they can demand all tapes from there on. Do it doe the children people, we don't need these people abusing our young kids!
Thank you people if you want to talk crap bout something good...GET YOUR INFO RIGHT...DR.D NO LONGER OWNS MILESTONES...HE SOLD OUT FOR MONEY!!!!And please worry bout your own job and business..And stop talking bout people you know nothing bout,and for those of you trying to hype someone into pressing charges...GET A LIFE CRAZY PERSON,HOW CHILDISH...YOU ALL ARE All TRYING TO BLOW SOMETHING OUT OF PROPORTION..Go to church people and get some Jesus...theres no since in it!!!And for the person that wants Amy gone..Well i hope you can do her job better cause sounds like your a trash talker too!!! Amy is good and apparently does her job better than you!!
Interesting

Atlanta, GA

#9 May 10, 2010
Its called a dictionary, my friend.
Liberal-

Hotchkiss, CO

#10 May 10, 2010
I think everyone should review thier facts before further judgement. Milestones is a premier childcare center, sure it is slightly more expensive than other facilities in our area, but can you put a value on your childs safety and education, as well as care and well being? And as for Amy, Ive known her for years and shes a mother of two and one of the most motherly women Ive ever met. I wouldnt trust my child with anyone but her and her staff. When looking into daycare, consider it your best and only option.
Blue Ridge Mom

Ellijay, GA

#11 May 11, 2010
I cannot belive that people write this type of crap on here. Yeah like someone in Germany would know about little ol Blue Ridge and their Great Learning Center Milestones....Get Real.... It sounds like to me that people aren't happy with their own lives and jobs so they want to try and make someone elses life or job miserable. The way it sounds is that people that work for other facilites or have worked for other facilites aren't happy and they think if Amy is gone they might can get a job @ Milestones. I'm guessing that who ever wrote this has worked under Amy before and didn't like her as a boss get over it. She probably made you walk the line and go by the rules and you didn't want to. Stop bashing her and Milestones, I've been in the other facilities they are all different!

Milestones does teach and learn I guess it just depends on the times of the day you go in. I've personally seen the instruction with the kids and its great. I've had other experiences and I tell ya there is a difference. For the mom that still has her child Milestones why would you leave your child somewhere that you don't like or trust. Their are other facilities and babysitters that have availability!!! If you have people that will go with you seems like a few then why not take your case to court. I'm guessing that you are afraid you'll look like a fool and then when the other facilities hear about it than they won't take your child either because they will be afraid of what you'll try to do to them.

My child goes there and loves it and is learning a lot, when they come home in the afternoon you can ask them about their day and they start tellin you all about it. It's a great and wonderful facility.

It's a small town and news travels fast I'm guessing that's what you were hoping to accomplish but the parents of the other kids know different.
Blue Ridge Mom also

Peapack, NJ

#12 May 11, 2010
First of all i would like to say you are some poor souls..if you spend your life on the computer posting Drama..get a life people im sure you have more things to do in life other than bashing milestones and amy...Mrs.Amy is a great person and if you do not know her..then keep your mouth shut her and her staff are hard workers..and they have hearts that takes of your child..to the person that still has their child there at milestones and would even try to start this crap and still have their hild there...and feared for the safety...please...get a life you are the one thats looks STUPID..what are you really wanting?..Quit your job and keep your own child,and stop talking bout milestones and mrs.amy..or here fix what else is wrong in your own LIFE and leave other peoples alone...is very unnessary for you people to act like this over some lice issue...it happens..what happens when your child goes to public schools???? Im sure your going to find a lot more people that are happy,so there you are concerned parent, and amy from germany....Milestones is a great place and Amy and her staff are great people,next time becareful bout who you talk bout because im sure they have HEARTS TOO AND DOES THEIR VERY BEST PROTECTING AND TAKING GREAT CARE OF YOUR CHILD/OR CHILDREN...so move along now and try to ruin someone elses name...because you people apparently have nothing else better to do...Thank you and have a great day!
Soccer Mama

Peapack, NJ

#13 May 11, 2010
My child goes to Milestones...and has learned so much this past year...i take plessure in paying a little more cause MRS AMY AND HER PREK STAFF ROCK!!Lay off people your going to have lice and bitting in a daycare..its a public place..no one will never care for my child more than Amy and her staff...
Mom of 3

Williston, SC

#14 May 12, 2010
A friend told me about this site. I gotta say sounds like more small town BS. I have 2 that go to milestone full time, and one that is an after schooler. How can you put a price on your childrens, learning, and safety. Then to call Ms. Amy out like that. She is good to all the kids there. They've been there since Jan 09, and mine have learned alot in Pre k and in other rooms. You cant blame one person for kids being kids. Sounds to me alot of you have to much time on your hands, and if you cant aford it keep your kids home. Also if you got something to say about someone tell them, dont't post a blog about them. Regardless how you feel about Ms. Amy if you went to her she's a bigger person your kids would'nt be treated any different..
Granny of 2 at Mstones

Jasper, GA

#15 May 13, 2010
My daughter was in a daycare in Atlanta that kept her in a baby bed all day to keep her out of trouble(she was 18 months old. She would fight me to not to have to go in. My grandson runs into milestones and ask all weekend "I go to school today" He is two AND is now learning to read. My 3 month grandaughter goes and is now gaining weight after loosing so much the doctor wanted my daughter to stay hame an extra month. Biting.yes mine also was bite and he also bite others we along with Miss Amy addressed this and got it stopped. These kids are also home with us learning bad habits. I can not blame the daycare for what bad behavior they took from home. We are well pleased with Miss Amy and Milestones
Just another mom

Ball Ground, GA

#16 May 14, 2010
You show me a daycare that dont have a bitting problem and i will show you a daycare that keeps the children in highchairs and in babybeds all day so they dont have to deal with them. If you have a problem why dont you go to Mrs. Amy and let her know the issues that you are haveing instead of going out and smashing her name like this she is really a easy person to talk to try it sometimes. Now for the lice issue that you have she does not have to post it so everyone knows about it. Would you want everyone to know that your child has lice so they can look at you funny come on and get real people that is something that happens everyday i dont care how clean you keep your childs head the cleaner the better. You can get it at schools and daycare, stores any public place even on vacation so hush and go on about your business. And get the stories straight before you post bull cause DR D dont own that DUH!!!!! If you was well in the loop you would know that....
BK Mom

Williston, SC

#17 May 19, 2010
I have a 2 year old son and 3 month old daughter at Milestones and I am shocked that anyone would have anything bad to say about Ms.Amy,her staff or Milestones in general. Befoe I had my children I had a bad perception of daycares in general. When circumstances beyond my control happened and I had to do daycare I went to check out the best one I had heard of. Ms.Amy talked me through everything and took me on tour of the facility and convinced me I had chosen the right place for my pride and joy. Since that tim (one year ago this month) my son quit the pacifier, started talking clearer, got better social skills, has learned his colors,can count to 10, name ANY animal, AND is learning to read!! I could go on and on. Needless to say when I found out I was having my little girl I did not hesitate on what was best for her I knew what was best. As far as incidents not being reported then it had to be because you wern't listening or can't read. Any incident my son has been involved in (guilty or victim) is brought o my attention immediately and I sign a report verifying that it has been brought to my attention and what was done to fix it. One biting incident (which all children go through) bothered my because it did leave marks I simply went and talked to Ms Amy and staff and told them if parents can't get their children to understand no biting then I would like to address the parents. I have had only two incidents since then because everyone addressed the issue like adults. Ms.Amy is fantastic with the kids and runs as tight ship and I totally respect and support her and her staff. One last comment I will make is this is one daycare/learning center that gives the same quality care no matter a child or parent's financial standing. They care for and teach all the kids the same and show them that we can all get along if we work together. Sounds to me like we have some adults out there that need to learn to quit looking down their noses and start looking through their heart. To Ms.Amy and her staff me and my two babies love you and appreciate the work you do. Keep it up!
blah

United States

#19 Jan 28, 2013
round 2!
Tot mom

Blue Ridge, GA

#20 Feb 9, 2013
My 2 yro old is in in Milestones and he has been there from about 6months old. Ms. Amy just happened to be his teacher the whole time moving to one yro room and now the 2yro room, she is a wonderful caring person, And yes MY SON WAS A BITTER and also recivedbites from other kids..but guess what if you never have had a teething child then you should not post comments on here. My child is 2.5 and can count to 15 and sing his ABC's and is almost potty trained, I bring him in underware and they help me potty train him. So why dont you take your kid to the celler("dannons" daycare)and shut your mouths. Give your fingers a rest!
justsaying

Duluth, GA

#21 Feb 10, 2013
Tot mom wrote:
My 2 yro old is in in Milestones and he has been there from about 6months old. Ms. Amy just happened to be his teacher the whole time moving to one yro room and now the 2yro room, she is a wonderful caring person, And yes MY SON WAS A BITTER and also recivedbites from other kids..but guess what if you never have had a teething child then you should not post comments on here. My child is 2.5 and can count to 15 and sing his ABC's and is almost potty trained, I bring him in underware and they help me potty train him. So why dont you take your kid to the celler("dannons" daycare)and shut your mouths. Give your fingers a rest!
That explains a lot. My son, who is almost 2 was bitten about 30 times by the same child there. He has never been a biter, despite his teething (as every child does, duh!). I'm not sure I want him moving up to the two year old class. I will not put up with the biting again. Love the teachers and the staff but there are laws about day cares dealing with children who bite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The time has come 3 hr Stacey 3
Life Sucks! 5 hr Maylee 1
Lawyers n Crooks go hand & hand 15 hr Waldo 3
kfc Sat bufu 2
wreck at wendy's traffic light (Jul '11) Sat BS in BR 3,152
our right to say things (Oct '11) Fri Skippy 36
Time is precious (Aug '14) Mar 27 Stacey 2
Blue Ridge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web