wreck at wendy's traffic light

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2635 Apr 2, 2013
I have children that are close to Jake in age. I have put myself in his parents' shoes and I understand them doing everything in their power to try and mitigate his punishment. If any of the rumors are true about HOW they are doing that - I do not know if I would agree in the methods, but that is rumor.

Again, it is just the senseless and needless tragedy of the whole thing that preys on me. Jake should be preparing for graduation right now and looking forward to starting college in the Fall. He should not have possible incarceration hanging over his head - but he has no one but himself to blame.
This afternoon, Hannah and Owen should be playing with their sisters but they won't be - and for that Jake is also to blame.

I took a long break from this topic and I think it is time for another one. I harbor no hatred toward Jake, I feel very sorry for him. But I wish I could just shake him and ask him what were you thinking - WHY were you so thoughtless.
I cannot imagine the pain of losing a child, I know the Lees lost a son many years ago (to cancer?), how would they feel if instead of losing that son to a faceless disease, they could put a face on what took their child away and in the process paralyzed their little boy? I pray I can never truly understand what they have gone through and I also pray I never go through what the Lees have. But all this goes into why I feel some real punishment must face Jake, not just house arrest and probation.
rebelforlife

Chattanooga, TN

#2636 Apr 2, 2013
Just Me wrote:
You people are sick. A child's life hangs in the balances, and you are making an April Fool's joke.

I have two questions for Mrs. Martain -- the Morgan horse lady:

Why are you so facinated by this case? There are many sad cases out there in the world. Why Jake? You clearly have a vendetta. There more here than meets the eye.

What is it with you and Christianity? In several of your postings you have said things which would indicate you have contempt for the things of God and the Church. What church do you attend? Do you know Jesus as your Savior?

As far as Angie, I don't always agree with you, but you do seem to be fairminded and a Christian. You don't appear to be a "hater". For myself, I would be happy to see Jake get house arrest for a limited number of months.

Open minded, you need to have your mouth washed out with soap. You need Jesus in your life.
This child lost his choice to his life (at least a few years) when he killed and paralyzed the children.
I posted the "house arrest" to see how many people would rejoice.
What's going on here is the Lee family is having people post support on here to try and influence the jury pool. The same thing is happening with the fathers business employees, they are telling that it jake is found guilty they will lose their jobs.
This is an old lawyer trick. Don't fall for it.
LaForte Fan

Blue Ridge, GA

#2637 Apr 2, 2013
I have the greatest respect for all religious faiths and the good that they do ... in particular the promotion of spiritual grown by whatever path that is achieved. I have comtempt for any sanctimonious phoney or any religion or church used to gain political influence. My religion is my business along with my name and type of horses I have. I feel slimed by this entire incident and the discussion about it.

Since Mr. Rebel might just be playing April fools pranks, there probably hasn't even been a plea deal and I have made assumptions based on rumor.

My concern with house arrest is not knowing what type of environment might have created the implosion that Jake had does not address whether his staying in that environment is a bad thing for him or anyone else, but again that is assuming a fact that might not even be close to the truth.

But I am tired of turning the other cheek with all the personal attacks. Break time for me, too. I think I will just wait for the whole thing to be over and maybe talk about it more then.
REBFORLIFE-CRAP

Dawsonville, GA

#2638 Apr 2, 2013
With all your sources at the courthouse you might check into the suit filed with YOUR name on it.
You have shot your face off far too long and now someone is coming for you to put up your proof.
Get ready loudmouth. Your served.
LIES LIES LIES

Dawsonville, GA

#2639 Apr 2, 2013
Rebelforlife is a liar.

There have been no such influences forced on anyone by the Lee family.

If anyone has tried to run a game here it is Rebelforlife.

You are evil.
rebelforlife

Newnan, GA

#2640 Apr 2, 2013
People it was posted yesterday. It was April fools day. Read everything before you go crazy.
This site is getting out of control.
Repeat, I have not sources at the court house. It was a April fool joke.
And yes I may know more about this case than a lot o you. But all I want is the lee boy to step up to his actions. I do not wish him to be in jail for the 70 years that a lot of people think or want to happen. Just except his punishment for the crime he did. Trying to get off without even a slap on the hand is just not right.
Y'all have fun on here, I am gone.
rebelforlife

Newnan, GA

#2641 Apr 2, 2013
LIES LIES LIES wrote:
Rebelforlife is a liar.

There have been no such influences forced on anyone by the Lee family.

If anyone has tried to run a game here it is Rebelforlife.

You are evil.
Yes I am the bad person here. If speaking the truth about a terrible crime is bad them so be it. At least I am not crying about the criminal getting punished I am crying for a dead child and a paralyzed one.
A Mom

Alpharetta, GA

#2642 Apr 2, 2013
Any idea when the next court date is?
REBFORLIFE IS AN IDIOT

Jefferson, GA

#2643 Apr 3, 2013
Check the courthouse Red. Your ass is sued.

You may think this is a joke but call the clerk and see.

THEN run your mouth.
Ouch

Blue Ridge, GA

#2644 Apr 3, 2013
Wow, Reb you must have touched a sore spot. You sent them off the rails this time.
LaForte Fan

Blue Ridge, GA

#2645 Apr 3, 2013
@Aggie,

If you are still around, I wanted to thank you for defending me and thank you and the others who spoke up for the Johnsons. I hate to suggest that you have wasted your breath, but I believe there is nothing you can say to remove what I see as the two impediments to the marriage of true minds here. The Johnsons live in the wrong place and go to the wrong Church. Maybe I am just not idealistic enough. See you on another Topix I hope.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#2646 Apr 3, 2013
LaForte Fan wrote:
@Aggie,
If you are still around, I wanted to thank you for defending me and thank you and the others who spoke up for the Johnsons. I hate to suggest that you have wasted your breath, but I believe there is nothing you can say to remove what I see as the two impediments to the marriage of true minds here. The Johnsons live in the wrong place and go to the wrong Church. Maybe I am just not idealistic enough. See you on another Topix I hope.
Frankly, I regret not speaking up sooner and more forcefully. You absolutely did not deserve the treatment you have received ever since you were "outed." While I suspect you and I would have many areas of opinion in which we would differ, I think we could "disagree without being disagreeable" - at least most of the time ;). Take care. And I hope we will "see" each other on other threads.

And I will continue to hold the Johnsons in my prayers (and the Lee family as well.)
Local

Miami, FL

#2647 Apr 3, 2013
A Mom wrote:
Any idea when the next court date is?
Georgia Supreme Court in May.
Ridge

Huntington Beach, CA

#2648 Apr 4, 2013
Many of us have children. Both families are victims. This could happen to many of us. If this were your child would you say lock him/her up for 70 years. I do not think this child set out to harm anyone. Did he make bad choices? Yes, he did. I pray for both families. Hope and pray this does not happen to any of us but,you can never be sure children will make the right choice. None of us live in glass houses.
Part time res

United States

#2649 Apr 4, 2013
LaForte Fan wrote:
I have the greatest respect for all religious faiths and the good that they do ... in particular the promotion of spiritual grown by whatever path that is achieved. I have comtempt for any sanctimonious phoney or any religion or church used to gain political influence. My religion is my business along with my name and type of horses I have. I feel slimed by this entire incident and the discussion about it.
Since Mr. Rebel might just be playing April fools pranks, there probably hasn't even been a plea deal and I have made assumptions based on rumor.
My concern with house arrest is not knowing what type of environment might have created the implosion that Jake had does not address whether his staying in that environment is a bad thing for him or anyone else, but again that is assuming a fact that might not even be close to the truth.
But I am tired of turning the other cheek with all the personal attacks. Break time for me, too. I think I will just wait for the whole thing to be over and maybe talk about it more then.
Sorry, Mrs. Martain, but I have to agree with "Just Me", a number of your comments have an anti-Christian bent. More than that, they are negative, caustic and send the message you think you and your tribe are intellectualy superior to the native stock.
angieb

San Jose, CA

#2650 Apr 4, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
@Just Me
I am going to make an assumption that "Angie" is me, if wrong I apologize.
LaForte Fan does not need me to speak for her, but I think she and I are on the same page in that the scope of the tragedy continues to pull at her. And in her defense, all she has ever expressed is that she is afraid that Jake will virtually receive a slap on the wrist and that is it. I think she is more concerned about a "good ole boy" network at work than I am, but considering some of the posts by people who apparently go to church with the Lee's, I understand her concern. I have always felt that some prison time is warranted, but she is the one who rightly pointed out that would it really do any good to expose Jake to that kind of environment. She and I also differ on beliefs, but frankly the posts from people at BRUMC have not helped, I have been embarrassed as a Christian by some of their posts that almost put this in a "Satan is going after our people" light when people express anger at Jake's actions.
No punishment that Jake receives will change what happened to the Johnsons. And had Jake just been a foolish, inexperienced driver that night, I would say probation would be appropriate. What my opinion hinges on is the fact that he intentionally impaired his judgement, knowing he would be driving, by "huffing". That is the deal breaker to me. It was a conscious choice he made that, it is reasonable to presume, led to his exceedingly poor choices later in the truck. Don't we teach our children that actions have consequences? Well the Johnsons are living with those consequences, shouldn't Jake? But whatever punishment is levied against him, can you honestly say it will ever equal what the Johnsons are living with?
The Johnson family has been shattered. A precious little girl is lying in her grave, when she should have been hunting Easter eggs two days ago. I saw a picture of the Johnsons made two months before the crash - it looked like an Easter family picture - what a beautiful family. Well that family no longer exists - one of the little girls is gone, the little boy standing next to his sisters in that picture will likely never stand again. The other two little girls had their bodies fractured and I do not know what long term effects that may have on them. The parents will now forever have a hole in their hearts where Hannah was and they will, in all probability, be caring for Owen for the rest of his life. The last post on Caring Bridge was from Mrs Johnson talking about wrapping up Christmas ornaments and what happened when she came to one Hannah had made - please go read it - it is heartbreaking.
I cannot speak for them, but I would think that the uncertainty of what will happen to Jake is very hard for them.
Please put yourself in their position, they will live with the consequences of JAKE'S decisions for the rest of their lives, don't you think there should be some consequence to Jake other than basically being sent to his room - which is all house arrest would really be. Except for a few fringe elements on here, no one wants to see Jake's life destroyed by a lengthy prison sentence. But don't you think some incarceration is justified? I am not talking about in a prison - he would be in living hell and surrounded by the people LaForte Fan was concerned about. But isn't there some other options - youth facilities or minimum security
or some other option where he has some real consequence for his actions without placing him in amongst hardened criminals. I don't know, and I am grateful I have no say, but there MUST be something more than just house arrest and probation. He must face real consequences for the pain he inflicted from his choices that night. Do you really consider that unreasonable?
well said.. expresses my feelings perfectly. thank you
Just Me

Morganton, GA

#2651 Apr 5, 2013
Part time res wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, Mrs. Martain, but I have to agree with "Just Me", a number of your comments have an anti-Christian bent. More than that, they are negative, caustic and send the message you think you and your tribe are intellectualy superior to the native stock.
Thank you, Part time res. It dosen't take a rocket scientist to pick up on Mrs. Martain's bias against the Chritian faith. Before posting what I did, I went back through her posts just to be sure I was reading them right. I think all Christians need to pray for her as well as the Lee family and the Florida family ... that she will come to faith in the Savior. By the way, I don't go to Jake's church, nor do I hate Florida people, but I do stand by our local families over against outside aggitators, wherever their place of residence. And, yes, I hope things goes well for the "little tot".

Agie23 -- I sure got you going! What I was trying to say was that while Mrs. Martain appears to be a mean, vengeful, small-minded, lonely little person with atheistic leanings, you -- even though I don't agree with you on everything -- seem to sane, reasonable and a Christian. I know that there are differnt points of view , and I respect everyone's opinion

As far as Mrs. Martin -- the Morgan horse lady -- she doesn't need defending. What she needs is Jesus in her life.
Badger

Canton, GA

#2652 Apr 5, 2013
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Part time res. It dosen't take a rocket scientist to pick up on Mrs. Martain's bias against the Chritian faith. Before posting what I did, I went back through her posts just to be sure I was reading them right. I think all Christians need to pray for her as well as the Lee family and the Florida family ... that she will come to faith in the Savior. By the way, I don't go to Jake's church, nor do I hate Florida people, but I do stand by our local families over against outside aggitators, wherever their place of residence. And, yes, I hope things goes well for the "little tot".
Agie23 -- I sure got you going! What I was trying to say was that while Mrs. Martain appears to be a mean, vengeful, small-minded, lonely little person with atheistic leanings, you -- even though I don't agree with you on everything -- seem to sane, reasonable and a Christian. I know that there are differnt points of view , and I respect everyone's opinion
As far as Mrs. Martin -- the Morgan horse lady -- she doesn't need defending. What she needs is Jesus in her life.
Perhaps instead of condemning people who disagree with you and call them un-Christian, you should study the Bible yourself.

Proverbs 29:7
The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.
Just Me

Morganton, GA

#2653 Apr 5, 2013
Badger wrote:
<quoted text>Perhaps instead of condemning people who disagree with you and call them un-Christian, you should study the Bible yourself.
Proverbs 29:7
The righteous care about justice for the poor, but the wicked have no such concern.
I do and have not condemned anyone. Mrs. Martain's own words stand for themselves. They be her judge.

"Because judgment without mercy will be shown to anyone who has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment." James 2:13
BRUMC

Morganton, GA

#2654 Apr 5, 2013
Just Me wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN to that! Who doesn't?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Greens tree service 54 min Struggling mom 7
Who are you voting for BRMEMC board? 1 hr Member 10
Union County teacher arrested 6 hr toanswerthequestion 15
Corruption at BRMEMC 16 hr Metermaid 95
Cable service at BRMEMC 17 hr Bearman 9
Still proud of your President? 21 hr Tackless 171
Why are people so rude amd hateful on this page Wed Local 66

Blue Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance