Union, NJ

#2434 Mar 2, 2013
Post the AD verbatim.
Local

Miami, FL

#2435 Mar 4, 2013
George wrote:
Post the AD verbatim.
The AD was from the Blue Ridge NEWS OBSERVER, Tuesday, January 12,2012. I have a copy of the original but it cannot be pasted into this topix.
Time will tell

Washington, DC

#2436 Mar 4, 2013
Besides issues with spelling, it appears you have trouble reading, too. I’ll repost my old post, even if you aren’t smart enough to understand what this says.
Time will tell wrote:
Some of you clearly mistake the desire to see justice for the Johnson family, the little girl that died and the boy who will be paralyzed for life as "Hate" for your teammate/employer's son/huffing party buddy/whatever.
I personally don't "hate" Jake. All I know of the kid besides the horrible thing he did is an overweight, glaring mugshot. I do "hate" that he and his family apparently believe that driving isn't an adult responsiblity. I "hate" that he/his family think that they shouldn't be held financially responsible for the treatment that the surviving, permanently injured child needs to receive. I "hate" that the kid and his parents can't own up to what their kid did and plead accordingly.
I’m glad so many people are still on this thread, checking it for updates and showing concern about the case and wanting to see it to its end. I think it speaks positively for the community that this tragedy isn’t something people are just going to sweep under the rug and forget about. Ironically, those of you who are throwing out vitriol on here on behalf of the Lee family are helping keep the discussion alive and the crime on the memories of everyone who frequents Topix, so thanks for that, at least. ;)
LaForte Fan

Morganton, GA

#2438 Mar 4, 2013
Time will tell wrote:
Besides issues with spelling, it appears you have trouble reading, too. I’ll repost my old post, even if you aren’t smart enough to understand what this says.
<quoted text>
I’m glad so many people are still on this thread, checking it for updates and showing concern about the case and wanting to see it to its end. I think it speaks positively for the community that this tragedy isn’t something people are just going to sweep under the rug and forget about. Ironically, those of you who are throwing out vitriol on here on behalf of the Lee family are helping keep the discussion alive and the crime on the memories of everyone who frequents Topix, so thanks for that, at least. ;)
Thanks. That was well worth saying twice. It is possible to care about someone and what happens to them, but still intensely hate what they do. I feel sorry for this child but his entire family seems to be hunkered down in some sort of denial self preservation mode and are disconnected from what is is true and fair. This is not a good thing for anyone. Local can you give us what you think was the gist of the ad and maybe one of the Lee supporters could do the same so we can see the difference in prespective. That would be interesting.
Local

Miami, FL

#2439 Mar 4, 2013
LaForte Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. That was well worth saying twice. It is possible to care about someone and what happens to them, but still intensely hate what they do. I feel sorry for this child but his entire family seems to be hunkered down in some sort of denial self preservation mode and are disconnected from what is is true and fair. This is not a good thing for anyone. Local can you give us what you think was the gist of the ad and maybe one of the Lee supporters could do the same so we can see the difference in prespective. That would be interesting.
This was a public appeal "To the Citizens of Fannin County" pretty much bashing the DA's office for seeking to have Jake Lee tried as an adult...and that it would not be in the best interest of Jake and the community as a whole to do so. This "Paid for" AD I found to be in very poor taste as it was looking for sympathy for Jake and the Lee family...if he were tried as a juvenile, he could have gotten as little as 12 months or so of "house arrest". My opinion, very low of the attorney and the family that allowed him to do this!
I would be more than happy to send the full original AD via email attachment? I might add that the grand jury decided that he be tried as an adult and... on appeal the appellate court ruled in favor of the DA and he is being tried as an adult. He faces 16 charges and a possible 77 years in prison.
Blue Ridge

United States

#2440 Mar 4, 2013
According to the Friday edition of the News Observer the case against Jake Lee has been put on hold while the GA Supreme Court determines whether it will review a GA Court of Appeals ruling.
The GA Court of Appeals ruled that Jake should be tried as an adult. Lee is now seeking Supreme Court review of that decision in a petition filed with the court on Feb 24th. The case is tentatively set for the Supreme Courts May calendar.
In a few more months it will be two years.
Local

Miami, FL

#2441 Mar 4, 2013
Blue Ridge wrote:
According to the Friday edition of the News Observer the case against Jake Lee has been put on hold while the GA Supreme Court determines whether it will review a GA Court of Appeals ruling.
The GA Court of Appeals ruled that Jake should be tried as an adult. Lee is now seeking Supreme Court review of that decision in a petition filed with the court on Feb 24th. The case is tentatively set for the Supreme Courts May calendar.
I am sure they will exhaust all avenues!
LaForte Fan

Morganton, GA

#2442 Mar 4, 2013
Blue Ridge wrote:
Got Mail! Thank you. Edwin Marger said he was responding to a press release from an unnamed DA, have you read it? Do you know what "famous Atlanta counsel" the Johnson family has hired?
LaForte Fan

Morganton, GA

#2443 Mar 4, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
This was a public appeal "To the Citizens of Fannin County" pretty much bashing the DA's office for seeking to have Jake Lee tried as an adult...and that it would not be in the best interest of Jake and the community as a whole to do so. This "Paid for" AD I found to be in very poor taste as it was looking for sympathy for Jake and the Lee family...if he were tried as a juvenile, he could have gotten as little as 12 months or so of "house arrest". My opinion, very low of the attorney and the family that allowed him to do this!
I would be more than happy to send the full original AD via email attachment? I might add that the grand jury decided that he be tried as an adult and... on appeal the appellate court ruled in favor of the DA and he is being tried as an adult. He faces 16
charges and a possible 77 years in prison.
Anyone who posts their email address here will get the same vicious treatment I did. The best thing that can happen to this case is that it be removed from this jurisdiction. It has bought and paid for politics written all over it already.
A Mom

Alpharetta, GA

#2444 Mar 4, 2013
Small Minds wrote:
Let it go people... Sh*^ like this page after page year after year is why people in small towns get labeled as small-minded hypocrites. The fact of the matter is that NONE of this incident is anyone's business but the parties DIRECTLY involved. Not bystanders in the area who don't have anything better to do than spectate in a tragic situation that does not even involve them. The only time your damn opinions matter is if you should ever be asked to serve on a jury involving this matter, otherwise butt out and move along. Go worry about your own life and quit sticking your necks (and big mouths) where they have no business and no one really cares what you think. Try reading a book or two instead of playing internet keyboard jockey. You might expand your small-minded existences.
I am glad that Jake and his family have support. They need it during this terrible time. People make mistakes... But just because dealing with the fall out is hard doesn't mean that there is no consequence.

"Accidents" like these are the business of the community/state. If we allow crimes to go unpunished, what's the downside of being a criminal.

Look at it this way... If a 16 year old came into your house and stole your belongings and sold them, wouldn't you want him/her to answer to the crime.(Jail, fine, retribution...)
Well, now think about those belonging being your child (Hannah and Owen's ability to move).

So. This is everyone's business.
Blue Ridge

United States

#2445 Mar 4, 2013
LaForte Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Got Mail! Thank you. Edwin Marger said he was responding to a press release from an unnamed DA, have you read it? Do you know what "famous Atlanta counsel" the Johnson family has hired?
I do not know the answers to your questions. The Johnson Family never discuss their council as far as I know.
I f you want a few laughs, though, Google Edwin Margery.
Blue Ridge

United States

#2446 Mar 4, 2013
Oops, Edwin Marger.
LaForte Fan

Morganton, GA

#2447 Mar 4, 2013
Blue Ridge wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not know the answers to your questions. The Johnson Family never discuss their council as far as I know.
I f you want a few laughs, though, Google Edwin Margery.
The letter was silly enough. Res Ipsa Loquitur!
BRUMC

United States

#2448 Mar 5, 2013
LaForte Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
The letter was silly enough. Res Ipsa Loquitur!
Ms. Martain,

Go take care of your horses. Your only aim is to foster ill will toward a family in this community that has suffered enough already. I challenge you spend 10 minutes each day for a week praying for the Lee family. See what happens. It is very hard to harbor ill will against someone you are praying for.

A Concerned Layman

P.S. Does your pastor know about your poison pen posts on Topix? Speak to him. Is seems to me (forgive me is I am misjudging) that there is a spiritual problem here. Forgiving is freeing. Hate begets hate. Vengence belongs to God.
rebelforlife

Senoia, GA

#2449 Mar 5, 2013
BRUMC wrote:
<quoted text>Ms. Martain,

Go take care of your horses. Your only aim is to foster ill will toward a family in this community that has suffered enough already. I challenge you spend 10 minutes each day for a week praying for the Lee family. See what happens. It is very hard to harbor ill will against someone you are praying for.

A Concerned Layman

P.S. Does your pastor know about your poison pen posts on Topix? Speak to him. Is seems to me (forgive me is I am misjudging) that there is a spiritual problem here. Forgiving is freeing. Hate begets hate. Vengence belongs to God.
I ask you one question. When has the Johnson family suffered enough? I have failed to here any of the people that are Lee supports talk about the hard days that they have and will have forever. Please comment on this please.
BRUMC

United States

#2450 Mar 6, 2013
rebelforlife wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask you one question. When has the Johnson family suffered enough? I have failed to here any of the people that are Lee supports talk about the hard days that they have and will have forever. Please comment on this please.
I don't think it is an either or situation. One should certainly pray and do what one can for the Johnson family. No one -- certainly not me -- would ever want to minimize what this family from Forida is going through. That is not what the "Lee supporters" are saying. What they (or at least this one) are saying is: think also what the local family is going through. Think about how you would feel if your child did something stupid and people got hurt. Pray for them. Support them anyway you can. Don't kick them when they are down. That is all I am saying.

As far as legal maneuvers, that is the way the American system works. That is what lawyers are paid to do. Of course,those representing the Lee family are going to do everything possible to bring about a resolution that is the least damaging to their clients.

I know you disagree, but I don't see how a long jail term for this little tot is going to be helpful either to him or the people in Florida. My prayer is that he will not let this accident destroy his life, that he will learn from it, and go on to be productive citizen.

What I DO find objectionable is the rantings from people on this site who havn't a clue what they are talking about and who are bent on mischeif. We both know who she is. Enough said.
Local

Miami, FL

#2451 Mar 6, 2013
BRUMC wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think it is an either or situation. One should certainly pray and do what one can for the Johnson family. No one -- certainly not me -- would ever want to minimize what this family from Forida is going through. That is not what the "Lee supporters" are saying. What they (or at least this one) are saying is: think also what the local family is going through. Think about how you would feel if your child did something stupid and people got hurt. Pray for them. Support them anyway you can. Don't kick them when they are down. That is all I am saying.
As far as legal maneuvers, that is the way the American system works. That is what lawyers are paid to do. Of course,those representing the Lee family are going to do everything possible to bring about a resolution that is the least damaging to their clients.
I know you disagree, but I don't see how a long jail term for this little tot is going to be helpful either to him or the people in Florida. My prayer is that he will not let this accident destroy his life, that he will learn from it, and go on to be productive citizen.
What I DO find objectionable is the rantings from people on this site who havn't a clue what they are talking about and who are bent on mischeif. We both know who she is. Enough said.
First of all this was NOT an accident or a "stupid" kids thing...this was murder! Huffing, drinking beer...nearly a case of empties in the truck and doing 80 miles an hour...I think the speed limit there is 45-50...then for the Lee family to let him drive after the accident....absolutely unthinkable! Little TOT..Jake weighs 250 lbs...he's a man! Have him stand up to the plate and take whatever is coming! Hannah Johnson is not with us anymore and Owen will have a lifetime of it without the use of his arms or legs and is unable to breath on his own!
Blah Blah Blah

Morganton, GA

#2452 Mar 6, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all this was NOT an accident or a "stupid" kids thing...this was murder! Huffing, drinking beer...nearly a case of empties in the truck and doing 80 miles an hour...I think the speed limit there is 45-50...then for the Lee family to let him drive after the accident....absolutely unthinkable! Little TOT..Jake weighs 250 lbs...he's a man! Have him stand up to the plate and take whatever is coming! Hannah Johnson is not with us anymore and Owen will have a lifetime of it without the use of his arms or legs and is unable to breath on his own!
From what I understand there is some good evidince to show that the driver passed out because of low blood sugar, thus causing his car to go out of control. I think everyone need to keep their opnions to themselves and let the court decide. Yes, there are some vengeful people out there. Lord, have mercy!
Local

Miami, FL

#2453 Mar 6, 2013
Blah Blah Blah wrote:
<quoted text>
From what I understand there is some good evidince to show that the driver passed out because of low blood sugar, thus causing his car to go out of control. I think everyone need to keep their opnions to themselves and let the court decide. Yes, there are some vengeful people out there. Lord, have mercy!
PASSED OUT....what...from too much beer or too many chemicals? That was the second "accident" Jake had that night! One just minutes before he hit the Johnsons...murder is murder whether he used a gun or his automobile. He should not have been behind the wheel in either circumstance! For the family to let him get behind the wheel again after the incident is deplorable! A little girl is dead and a little boy is destroyed for "life" without being able to breathe on his own.
LaForte Fan

Morganton, GA

#2454 Mar 6, 2013
BRUMC wrote:
<quoted text>
Ms. Martain,
A Concerned Layman
If you are an example of the spiritual evolution I could hope to achieve by following your methods -- I think I will run the other way. "Little Tot" OMG -- you are delusional. You play dirty and you feel justified doing it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Our towns food is terrible 2 hr No cook 74
Trump doesn't deserve our trust 5 hr Southern 9
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 7 hr Stick 302
This can't be true. 14 hr psychic 6
Its okay to be Gay in Blairsville (Jun '09) 20 hr Skeet Cummings 211
President Reagan's Stance on Assault Weapons 20 hr TimmysDaddy 3
John F Kennedy 20 hr TimmysDaddy 11

Blue Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance