wreck at wendy's traffic light
Just Saying

Morganton, GA

#2394 Feb 27, 2013
There has been so much talk about Florida people on here (I agree they are primarily the ones stiring up a stink) that the real issue has not been addressed. That is, Can Jake get a fair hearing in Fannin County or the Appalachian Circuit for that matter? I don't beleive he can. There has been too much negative publicity -- much of it coming from this site and those like Mrs. M who delights in fanning the flames of hate by send out who knows what on her email.
rebelforlife

United States

#2395 Feb 27, 2013
Clue wrote:
<quoted text>He isn't 19, he's 17. You seem so sure that about what Jake's sentence would be. How is it that you are getting this information. You also seem very hung up on what was put into the paper. The community was against the Lee family from the beginning because they aren't local. They didn't move up here until the late 90's and they never fit in. But from what I have heard, they have distanced themselves from the community entirely. Am I getting incorrect information?
How can he be 17 when the crime was in July of 2011. He would have to be 18 at least. His classmates at Fannin high finished up school last year. This July will be 2 years.
LaForte Fan

Morganton, GA

#2396 Feb 27, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
There has been so much talk about Florida people on here (I agree they are primarily the ones stiring up a stink) that the real issue has not been addressed. That is, Can Jake get a fair hearing in Fannin County or the Appalachian Circuit for that matter? I don't beleive he can. There has been too much negative publicity -- much of it coming from this site and those like Mrs. M who delights in fanning the flames of hate by send out who knows what on her email.
I haven't sent out anything. You are inventing facts to be consistent with your prejudice -- as usual. Even the civil war did not teach you that it is wrong to judge people by the color of their skin or their country or state of origin. Why don't you just scrape off your hypocrisy, show your true colors and and say what you really think which is blantantly obvious. "If only the Johnsons had stayed where they belonged Jake's life would not have been ruint." I am not from FL but if I were I would be proud of that just as you are proud to be from where you grew up. The courts will decide everything that needs to be decided and the rest is just the sound of flapping lips.
Just Saying

Morganton, GA

#2397 Feb 27, 2013
LaForte Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't sent out anything. You are inventing facts to be consistent with your prejudice -- as usual. Even the civil war did not teach you that it is wrong to judge people by the color of their skin or their country or state of origin. Why don't you just scrape off your hypocrisy, show your true colors and and say what you really think which is blantantly obvious. "If only the Johnsons had stayed where they belonged Jake's life would not have been ruint." I am not from FL but if I were I would be proud of that just as you are proud to be from where you grew up. The courts will decide everything that needs to be decided and the rest is just the sound of flapping lips.
I appologize if I misunderstood and misspoke, but I thought you put out your email address so people who wanted a copy of some newspaper ad could contact you and you could send it to them.

With due respect, Mrs. Morris, all the rest of your post concerning some hidden motive for standing by Jake is a figment of your own imaginations. That vibrator on your ear must be affecting your thinking processes, H-O-N-E-Y!
FUBR

Blairsville, GA

#2398 Feb 27, 2013
rebelforlife wrote:
<quoted text>
How can he be 17 when the crime was in July of 2011. He would have to be 18 at least. His classmates at Fannin high finished up school last year. This July will be 2 years.
He had just turned 16 when the accident took place. He will be 18 this year, but not yet. Also, he was just a sophomore. His classmates are Seniors this year.
Clue

Blairsville, GA

#2399 Feb 27, 2013
rebelforlife wrote:
<quoted text>
He was 16 in July of 2011. I don't believe he had been 16 long before the wreck.
BRUMC

Morganton, GA

#2400 Feb 27, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
Good point! Does anyone know if there has been any move to have the trial moved out of Fannin County? This the only way Jake will get anything like a fair trial. Hope his legal team will push for it.

As far as this Mrs. M is concerned, I think the best thing that can be done is for everyone -- no matter where he or she stands on this issue -- just to ignore her rants, seeing as she has nothing contructive to offer.
rebelforlife

United States

#2401 Feb 27, 2013
FUBR wrote:
<quoted text>He had just turned 16 when the accident took place. He will be 18 this year, but not yet. Also, he was just a sophomore. His classmates are Seniors this year.
I am sorry your right he friends finished up playing football last year.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2402 Feb 27, 2013
I am a Christian mom of 4 from Atlanta. Localities aside...this story is tragic. There was a heinous crime committed and no resolution has been reached (not that it would change the impact to the Johnsons.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#2403 Feb 27, 2013
While the Johnsons have been dealing with death, surgeries, and financial and emotional struggles, Jake has been able to graduate early from HS and go on to college.
http://www.brumc.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/...

Christ calls us to love!! Where does Jake show his love to the Johnsons?

My suggestions from months ago:
1. Homeschool
2. Work (my children begin work at 15)
3. Own up to the crime

His pay should be split - 1/2 to the Johnsons, 1/2 to his parents.
BRUMC

Blue Ridge, GA

#2404 Feb 27, 2013
cghathaway wrote:
While the Johnsons have been dealing with death, surgeries, and financial and emotional struggles, Jake has been able to graduate early from HS and go on to college.
http://www.brumc.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/...
Christ calls us to love!! Where does Jake show his love to the Johnsons?
My suggestions from months ago:
1. Homeschool
2. Work (my children begin work at 15)
3. Own up to the crime
His pay should be split - 1/2 to the Johnsons, 1/2 to his parents.
How wonderful that this young man, in the midst of trouble, has been able to carry on. I am sure it has not been easy. Bless him, his family and friends for supporting him. A tragedy such as this could easily have destroyed this able man. May he go from strength to strength.

By way of a personal story, I once had a friend whose car hit a child that ran out into the four-lane highway he was driving on. The child was killed. My friend was so torn-up, his parents had to send him out-of-state for college. He survived and is very successful today. I can't imagine what Jake is going through -- something like what my friend went through I am suspect.

I know I join people of good will everywhere saying, Jake, stay strong, keep focused on Jesus, and keep moving forward. Bless you son. We love you

Going back

I
LaForte Fan

Morganton, GA

#2405 Feb 27, 2013
Just Saying wrote:
<quoted text>
I appologize if I misunderstood and misspoke, but I thought you put out your email address so people who wanted a copy of some newspaper ad could contact you and you could send it to them.
With due respect, Mrs. Morris, all the rest of your post concerning some hidden motive for standing by Jake is a figment of your own imaginations. That vibrator on your ear must be affecting your thinking processes, H-O-N-E-Y!
This is the usual mean spirited hoo hah way you like to smear smorgum syrup all over to disguise its true nature. I keep my vibrabor behind my ear just in case I need a weapon or spoon to wipe off the syrup. I posted my email with the request someone send me the alledged ad run by the Johnson family's attorney -- just to see what it said because I was curious (note correct spelling). Look at what that perfectly well meaning request got me. These twisted sick games you people joyfully wallow around in are way too much for me. The repercussions to my innocent request for a copy of something published in the paper was like being flattened by a tsmmani and swept out to sea and my character taken right out to sea with it --- so please nevermind. Just leave me and my vibrator out of this and all of your future sicko insane behaviors. You are patronizing, rude, and just plain tacky about everything you do, and not very bright. I can see your lips flapping at the top of your lungs while I am asleep which isn't how I choose to spend my evenings. People from Florida deserve much better and should move on at least to NC where they won't be so molested.
IdiotsAbound

Albuquerque, NM

#2406 Feb 27, 2013
BRUMC wrote:
<quoted text>
How wonderful that this young man, in the midst of trouble, has been able to carry on. I am sure it has not been easy. Bless him, his family and friends for supporting him. A tragedy such as this could easily have destroyed this able man. May he go from strength to strength.
By way of a personal story, I once had a friend whose car hit a child that ran out into the four-lane highway he was driving on. The child was killed. My friend was so torn-up, his parents had to send him out-of-state for college. He survived and is very successful today. I can't imagine what Jake is going through -- something like what my friend went through I am suspect.
I know I join people of good will everywhere saying, Jake, stay strong, keep focused on Jesus, and keep moving forward. Bless you son. We love you
Going back
I
Had your friend been drinkng,huffing and fleeing the scene of a previous accident? Just curious.
Local

Hialeah, FL

#2407 Feb 28, 2013
LaForte Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the usual mean spirited hoo hah way you like to smear smorgum syrup all over to disguise its true nature. I keep my vibrabor behind my ear just in case I need a weapon or spoon to wipe off the syrup. I posted my email with the request someone send me the alledged ad run by the Johnson family's attorney -- just to see what it said because I was curious (note correct spelling). Look at what that perfectly well meaning request got me. These twisted sick games you people joyfully wallow around in are way too much for me. The repercussions to my innocent request for a copy of something published in the paper was like being flattened by a tsmmani and swept out to sea and my character taken right out to sea with it --- so please nevermind. Just leave me and my vibrator out of this and all of your future sicko insane behaviors. You are patronizing, rude, and just plain tacky about everything you do, and not very bright. I can see your lips flapping at the top of your lungs while I am asleep which isn't how I choose to spend my evenings. People from Florida deserve much better and should move on at least to NC where they won't be so molested.
Just an FYI,(correction). The AD was run by the LEE family and LEE family attorney in the local Blue Ridge Newspaper
LaForte Fan

Morganton, GA

#2408 Feb 28, 2013
Local wrote:
<quoted text>
Just an FYI,(correction). The AD was run by the LEE family and LEE family attorney in the local Blue Ridge Newspaper
I did catch that error but not in time to fix it, but thanks for the correction. Part of the problem is that people always talk to me when when I am writingneed earplugs. I never did receive the requested email or attachment that I know of -- just a bunch of meanness instead. I need to concern myself less about this entire mess.

Probably will be best for the trial is held out of town since here in good ole boy Bubbaville some people will want to get on the jury in the hope that the Lee Family will give them a job in reward for an acquital. Yes, I have seen enough of this kind of FUBAR morals to be that jaded.
Miss Bea

Morganton, GA

#2409 Feb 28, 2013
BRUMC wrote:
<quoted text>
Going back
I
Thank you for your heart-filled post. I got tears in my eys when I read it. The more I learn about this young man the more exeptional he seems. Imagine having the courage and focus in the mist of so much hate and uncertainity to graduate early from high school and begin college. My hat is off to him and his parents.
I had a thought -- someone else may have already thought about it before and intiated it -- but would it not be wonderful if an education fund was setup for Jake. Does anyone know if such a fund has been established and where?
It's ashambed some people use this forum to talk trash (vibrators and the like) and post spam. Sick. Sick, Sick.
rebelforlife

United States

#2410 Feb 28, 2013
Miss Bea wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you for your heart-filled post. I got tears in my eys when I read it. The more I learn about this young man the more exeptional he seems. Imagine having the courage and focus in the mist of so much hate and uncertainity to graduate early from high school and begin college. My hat is off to him and his parents.
I had a thought -- someone else may have already thought about it before and intiated it -- but would it not be wonderful if an education fund was setup for Jake. Does anyone know if such a fund has been established and where?
It's ashambed some people use this forum to talk trash (vibrators and the like) and post spam. Sick. Sick, Sick.
James dad is a millionaire. They don't need money. It would be nice if you felt the same way about the Johnson family who can't have one child go to college or even high school. And the other child will never walk or have a change to do the wounderful things you are so happy about jake doing because he was intoxicated and KILLED one and paralyzed another. You are pitiful.
A Mom

Alpharetta, GA

#2411 Feb 28, 2013
An education fund for Jake?

I understand having empathy for him... and his family. But how can you call for an education fund for a person who clearly has enough money to pull strings in the judicial system to keep him out of prison AND delay his trial 2 years!!

How about an education fund for the Johnsons? Better yet... how about a medical fund?

Simply put...
Jake broke the law.
Breaking the law has consequences.
Laws are meant to protect us. If we allow criminals to get away with murder, our society is in big trouble.
NOO

Dawsonville, GA

#2412 Feb 28, 2013
rebelforlife wrote:
<quoted text>
James dad is a millionaire. They don't need money. It would be nice if you felt the same way about the Johnson family who can't have one child go to college or even high school. And the other child will never walk or have a change to do the wounderful things you are so happy about jake doing because he was intoxicated and KILLED one and paralyzed another. You are pitiful.
Obviously you do not know the Lee family, because they are not millionaires. That is a misconceptions from people like you who seem to be obsessed with them. Why are you so personally connected to this case. Is it only because it happened in Fannin County? You have no idea what this family has personally done, or what they have tried to do. You cannot tell me they haven't tried to help the Johnson family unless you have talked to them personally; which I am sure you haven't. I read back and saw where you were wrong about Jake's age, what else are you wrong about??? Everytime someone writes something in support of Jake, you jump all over them. Like your opinion is the only one that matters. You need to get over yourself. You made incorrect statements in the past, and you are doing it again now.
A Mom

Alpharetta, GA

#2413 Feb 28, 2013
An education fund for Jake? How can anyone ask for this for a family who has the funds to avoid punishment and delay his trial for almost 2 years?

How about an education fund for the Johnsons? Better yet a medical fund?

Simply put...
Jake broke the law.
Breaking the law comes with consequences.
Laws are meant to protect us. If we allow criminals to avoid punishment, our country is a a lot of trouble.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BRMEMC Director Candidates 5 hr Tracker 41
Illegal Immigration 8 hr Jeb Bush 5
TDS internet problems. Please call. (May '15) 12 hr Miller 4
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 12 hr Advocate4Clean 390
soccer coaches 13 hr Tough Love 2
tj maxx Mon Natasha 8
Now Hiring Aug 27 Lala 1

Blue Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance