wreck at wendy's traffic light
anonymous

Clermont, FL

#2353 Feb 20, 2013
fcounty wrote:
An eye for an eye will leave the world blind. Jake really messed up the lives of this family forever. But he has also altered his own life and those around him. Jake did not willingly go out and kill this child. He made a mistake that cost a life. And maybe did not cost he and his family a life of theirs but he certainly altered the lee family's livelihood. Trust me when I say that the lee family has faced more tribulation with this than we can imagine. And yes, jake deserves punishment. But he is a juvenile. What is the point in having juvenile court if there is a gray median that determines what is juvenile or adult. Trial him like a 16 year old that he was. Put your own kids in these shoes if at all possible. I think jake deserves punishment. But no one can judge him except for God and himself. This topic has brought nothing but hate against people you know nothing about. If it wasn't for this topic, most of you wouldn't know the family's name.
He availed himself to the Adult Justice System when he decide to undertake adult activities. i.e. driving a car, and consuming illegal and or adult substances illegally. Had he been riding a tricyle and drinking milk when he accidentally ran into the back of the van, he probably wouldn't be charged as an adult.

Again- look at the laws. Attorneys and Judges don't make arbitrary decisions about these kinds of things. The case law says that when a child undertakes "adult activities" and causes harm to others, they can be treated as adults. There are consequences to behaving as he did.... You can't act like an adult when it's convenient and then pull the "but I'm just a kid" card to get you out of trouble.
FYI ALL

Hialeah, FL

#2354 Feb 20, 2013
LaForte Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed the ad. What in the world was that about? Whining that he shouldn't be tried as an adult? That is not a public opinion decision --- nothing about this is.
I have a copy of the AD, but it cannot be copied and pasted to this posting. If you would care to list an email address, I would be more than happy to send.
Ted

Morganton, GA

#2355 Feb 21, 2013
FYI ALL wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a copy of the AD, but it cannot be copied and pasted to this posting. If you would care to list an email address, I would be more than happy to send.
Don't add any flame to the fire. The busybodies who post on here are full of hate already. No more fuel is needed. Having heard them, I now understand the scene in the Gospels where the crowd cryed "Crucified him!".
LaForte Fan

Morganton, GA

#2356 Feb 21, 2013
FYI ALL wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI All

[email protected]

Thanks.
Badger

Canton, GA

#2357 Feb 21, 2013
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't add any flame to the fire. The busybodies who post on here are full of hate already. No more fuel is needed. Having heard them, I now understand the scene in the Gospels where the crowd cryed "Crucified him!".
Are you comparing this kid to Jesus? I think the majority of posts are asking that the young man be tried as an adult in a court of law.
CountryGeekGirl

Cleveland, TN

#2359 Feb 21, 2013
Badger wrote:
<quoted text> Are you comparing this kid to Jesus? I think the majority of posts are asking that the young man be tried as an adult in a court of law.
I haven't seen anyone miss a point this badly since the last World Series.
Local

Hialeah, FL

#2360 Feb 21, 2013
FYI ALL wrote:
<quoted text>
On its way shortly!
Ted

Morganton, GA

#2361 Feb 22, 2013
Badger wrote:
<quoted text> Are you comparing this kid to Jesus? I think the majority of posts are asking that the young man be tried as an adult in a court of law.
Not directly. What I was saying is, after reading the posts on this forum, I now understand how hate grows and expands when a group of people set the face against another person. I think it is called "mob mentality". It happend at Jesus' trial before Pilot. It is happening here on this forum.

As far as Jake and Jesus, as a Chrisitan he belongs to Jesus. He is one of Jesus' dear children. His sins have been dealt with on the cross. The blood of Christ has cleansed him from all sin. When Satan or hate-filled people on this site, bring accusations, Jake needs only to keep his eyes focused on his Savior.

"Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies: who is to condemn? Is it Christ died, yes, who was raised from the dead, who is at the right hand of God, who indeed intercedes for us." Romans 8:33-35

Do I here any Amens from any of Jesus' people out there?

FUBR

Blairsville, GA

#2362 Feb 22, 2013
AMEN!!
LaForte Fan

Morganton, GA

#2363 Feb 22, 2013
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
Not directly. What I was saying is, after reading the posts on this forum, I now understand how hate grows and expands when a group of people set the face against another person. I think it is called "mob mentality". It happend at Jesus' trial before Pilot. It is happening here on this forum.
As far as Jake and Jesus, as a Chrisitan he belongs to Jesus. He is one of Jesus' dear children. His sins have been dealt with on the cross. The blood of Christ has cleansed him from all sin. When Satan or hate-filled people on this site, bring accusations, Jake needs only to keep his eyes focused on his Savior.
"Who shall bring any charge against God's elect? It is God who justifies: who is to condemn? Is it Christ died, yes, who was raised from the dead, who is at the right hand of God, who indeed intercedes for us." Romans 8:33-35
I don't hate Jake. I do believe he should be held accountable to the laws of the society in which he lives. So in answer to your question: Burp.
Time will tell

Washington, DC

#2364 Feb 22, 2013
Some of you clearly mistake the desire to see justice for the Johnson family, the little girl that died and the boy who will be paralyzed for life as "Hate" for your teammate/employer's son/huffing party buddy/whatever.

I personally don't "hate" Jake. All I know of the kid besides the horrible thing he did is an overweight, glaring mugshot. I do "hate" that he and his family apparently believe that driving isn't an adult responsiblity. I "hate" that he/his family think that they shouldn't be held financially responsible for the treatment that the surviving, permanently injured child needs to receive. I "hate" that the kid and his parents can't own up to what their kid did and plead accordingly. If I were a judge I'd give a much mroe lenient sentence to someone who showed REMORSE. You want to talk about Christ?? I don't think that there is anything Christian about the failure of this kid and his family to own up to their son's actions, their failure to show remorse and their lawyering-up and focusing on protecting their assets rather than doing right by the Johnsons.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Blue Ridge

Blue Ridge, GA

#2365 Feb 22, 2013
Time will tell wrote:
Some of you clearly mistake the desire to see justice for the Johnson family, the little girl that died and the boy who will be paralyzed for life as "Hate" for your teammate/employer's son/huffing party buddy/whatever.
I personally don't "hate" Jake. All I know of the kid besides the horrible thing he did is an overweight, glaring mugshot. I do "hate" that he and his family apparently believe that driving isn't an adult responsiblity. I "hate" that he/his family think that they shouldn't be held financially responsible for the treatment that the surviving, permanently injured child needs to receive. I "hate" that the kid and his parents can't own up to what their kid did and plead accordingly. If I were a judge I'd give a much mroe lenient sentence to someone who showed REMORSE. You want to talk about Christ?? I don't think that there is anything Christian about the failure of this kid and his family to own up to their son's actions, their failure to show remorse and their lawyering-up and focusing on protecting their assets rather than doing right by the Johnsons.
I don't know who you are but you really nailed it ! Some of these commenters seem to forget who the injured parties are.
Aldelphos

United States

#2366 Feb 23, 2013
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
AMEN! AMEN! AMEN!

I think a lot of those posting hate on this site are Florida people who don't have anything to do with this community, don't know the Lee family, who probably are not Christians.

Thank you, Ted, for reminding us of who we are in Christ -- dear children -- and what the devil and his people are about -- accussors of the brethren.

No one who opposes the hate mongers on this site are saying that what happened was not horrible or that Jake should not be punished. What we are saying is that the self-appointed lynch mob who post here need to go home and let the court do its buisness, hopefully with mercy mingled with justice.

I found it particularly troubling that in one recent post, the writer made a derogatory comment about Jake's looks in his picture ... what a low blow. I dread to think what the haters would have called him if he had been black.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
FCHS 2010

United States

#2367 Feb 24, 2013
Time will tell wrote:
What is wrong with protecting one's assets. When you are in an automobile accident, it is your insurance company's responsibility to deal with claims and, yes, to shield you from personal financial ruin.

If I were the parents of this boy, you better believe I would seek to do everything within my power to protect my assets. What's wrong with that? I am sure the affected family in Florida have received a settlement from the insurance company.

As far as showing remorce, how do you know what this child is going through? You shouldn't speak about somthing you don't know.

I agree with Ted Florida people need to keep their opinions to themeselves.
LaForte Fan

Morganton, GA

#2368 Feb 24, 2013
This isn't a FL versus North Georgia Football game. It is about right versus wrong, something about which you are clearly clueless.
FCHS 2010

Blue Ridge, GA

#2369 Feb 24, 2013
LaForte Fan wrote:
This isn't a FL versus North Georgia Football game. It is about right versus wrong, something about which you are clearly clueless.
Who said it was?

Again, I ask -- what's wrong with protecting one assets?

Yes or no -- Is not the insurance company's responsibility to make compensation to the injured party?

You are evading.

As far as the Florida people they -- in addition to you -- are the ones posting vengeful remarks.
LaForte Fan

Morganton, GA

#2370 Feb 24, 2013
FCHS 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said it was?
Again, I ask -- what's wrong with protecting one assets?
Yes or no -- Is not the insurance company's responsibility to make compensation to the injured party?
You are evading.
As far as the Florida people they -- in addition to you -- are the ones posting vengeful remarks.
It is the injuring parties responsibility to make compensation to the injured party, but not, of course, whenever they can hide behind insurance companies and attorneys. Hiding assets is evading. I am not evading. Insurance premiums are unaffordable because of people who think the way you do. Everyone who does not agree with you regardless of where they are from are posting vengeful remarks? That no doubt makes lots of sense to you.
Mike05

Morganton, GA

#2371 Feb 25, 2013
LaForte Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
It is the injuring parties responsibility to make compensation to the injured party, but not, of course, whenever they can hide behind insurance companies and attorneys. Hiding assets is evading. I am not evading. Insurance premiums are unaffordable because of people who think the way you do. Everyone who does not agree with you regardless of where they are from are posting vengeful remarks? That no doubt makes lots of sense to you.
I don't quite understand your position concerning insurance. My understanding is that one of the reasons you take out an automobile insurance policy is to sheiled you from personal libility in case of an accident. Let me ask you this -- Do you have automobile insurance? Assuming you do and if you were involved in a major accident, would you tell your agent or the claims man, "Don't pay any claims; I want to sell my house, cash in my stock, deplete my savings account, let my children go hungry and pay the injured party off?" I doubt it.

Honey -- I assume you are female from the shrillness of your comments -- you don't know what you are talking about, and yes you are vengeful, very vengeful. You know you can get a bus to Florida out of Atlanta any time your are ready. I'm sure many people in Fannin County would be willing to help you buy a one-way ticket. There is a distinct possibility you would be happier there.

Or better still, why don't you turn your life around, quit your hating and learn to love. Find out what you as a neighbor can do to help the Lee family ... instead of casting stones.

As far as insurance premiums being high. Yes, they are, and it is not primarily because policy holders occasionally are involved in horrible accidents, though sure that is a factor. No, the major reason is because some who file claims and their lawyers seek bogus and excessive settlements. These are the people you ought to be complaining about and mounting a campaign against. Would you not agree?
FUBR

Blairsville, GA

#2372 Feb 25, 2013
LaForte Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
BJ Morris, why are you so convinced that this family is "hiding" assets? You do realize that making false statements about someone is considered slander? Since you are not a very bright person, by putting your email address on this website, allowing everyone to look up your place of business, East West Morgans, we now know a little bit about you. About what a coward you are hiding behind your computer making slanderous comments. Hope you don't have anything hiding in your closet!
rebelforlife

Austell, GA

#2373 Feb 25, 2013
Mike05 wrote:
<quoted text>I don't quite understand your position concerning insurance. My understanding is that one of the reasons you take out an automobile insurance policy is to sheiled you from personal libility in case of an accident. Let me ask you this -- Do you have automobile insurance? Assuming you do and if you were involved in a major accident, would you tell your agent or the claims man, "Don't pay any claims; I want to sell my house, cash in my stock, deplete my savings account, let my children go hungry and pay the injured party off?" I doubt it.

Honey -- I assume you are female from the shrillness of your comments -- you don't know what you are talking about, and yes you are vengeful, very vengeful. You know you can get a bus to Florida out of Atlanta any time your are ready. I'm sure many people in Fannin County would be willing to help you buy a one-way ticket. There is a distinct possibility you would be happier there.

Or better still, why don't you turn your life around, quit your hating and learn to love. Find out what you as a neighbor can do to help the Lee family ... instead of casting stones.

As far as insurance premiums being high. Yes, they are, and it is not primarily because policy holders occasionally are involved in horrible accidents, though sure that is a factor. No, the major reason is because some who file claims and their lawyers seek bogus and excessive settlements. These are the people you ought to be complaining about and mounting a campaign against. Would you not agree?
Many time the total cost of life long care of a paralyzed child will deplete all the amount of insurance some has. If you have a 2 million $ policy and it will cost $30 million to care for the child until his adult death of old age then you have to pay what the insurance will not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
THAT Falling Apart Decrepit Trailer 3 hr Fud 70
Arrest reports 15 hr Think about it 67
Oracle 22 hr Oracle 1
Blue Ridge Ga Walmart disappointment (Jun '14) Mar 23 a fan of yours 168
Muslims in Fannin or Union Counties? Mar 23 Fed Up 3
Escape to Blue Ridge Cabin Rentals -Pamela Miracle Mar 22 mTb 4
Wendy Averrett Mar 21 Mr Hardup 2

Blue Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance