Fannin Co. Probate Court
Mountain Person

Raleigh, NC

#21 Jan 24, 2011
Hard To Tell wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge Linda Davis has been an excellent Probate Judge over the 20 years she has served Fannin County. FYI, a law degree is not required for the position but Judge Davis was a highly skilled Paralegal when she was elected with long experience working with a Senior Superior Court Judge. While I understand that some do not like her it makes me wonder if they or one of their relatives was convicted of an offense (DUI, ect.) in her court or if they tried to break a will that excluded them from inheriting and lost the case. She has been consistently re-elected with over 70 percent of the vote so she must have the approval of most of Fannin County.
Yes, I concede that she has been re-elected with over 70% of the vote, since you keep stating that I am assuming you have your political records updated correctly. But it is merely your opinion that she was a "highly skilled" paralegal and you are entitled to have that opinion, just as I am entitled to my own. I am not a felon, have never been written even a traffic ticket in any of the 50 states. I have not protested a will and certainly never received a DUI/DWI. But I have seen first hand some rulings that are "unbelievable" out of that probate office. I, along with many others, can actually prove those rulings exist, which I intend to do when the time is right. So, let us all allow the other an opinion & without malice if possible and if not, then okay. After all, it is not for one of us to deprive the other of that free speech. Or is it? I have many paralegal & lawyer friends so I am one of those who believe a profession does not an Idol make. I do know enough to realize that anyone defending such a judge must either be related to her, a friend of hers or an idolizer. Whichever, I want no part of it.
Mountain Person

Raleigh, NC

#22 Jan 24, 2011
Mountain Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I concede that she has been re-elected with over 70% of the vote, since you keep stating that I am assuming you have your political records updated correctly. But it is merely your opinion that she was a "highly skilled" paralegal and you are entitled to have that opinion, just as I am entitled to my own. I am not a felon, have never been written even a traffic ticket in any of the 50 states. I have not protested a will and certainly never received a DUI/DWI. But I have seen first hand some rulings that are "unbelievable" out of that probate office. I, along with many others, can actually prove those rulings exist, which I intend to do when the time is right. So, let us all allow the other an opinion & without malice if possible and if not, then okay. After all, it is not for one of us to deprive the other of that free speech. Or is it? I have many paralegal & lawyer friends so I am one of those who believe a profession does not an Idol make. I do know enough to realize that anyone defending such a judge must either be related to her, a friend of hers or an idolizer. Whichever, I want no part of it.
P.S. I never once said a law degree was required to hold that position. Instead, I said she is not qualified. Actions speak much louder than words & I am basing my opinion on fact & the actions I have witnessed personally.
Hard To Tell

Covington, LA

#23 Jan 24, 2011
Mountain Person wrote:
<quoted text>
If you object to others posting opinions that differ from your that is your problem. If you consider yourself such a hiot shot then run against her in 2012 and see how far you get. I am not related to her but I knew her family and she has my respect.
Mountain Person

Raleigh, NC

#24 Jan 24, 2011
Hard To Tell wrote:
<quoted text>
If you object to others posting opinions that differ from your that is your problem. If you consider yourself such a hiot shot then run against her in 2012 and see how far you get. I am not related to her but I knew her family and she has my respect.
Turning the tables will not work on me. Decent try though. It is kind of amusing. I am the one defending my rights to have an OPINION! lol. And once again..PLEASE LEARN TO SPELL!! It makes southern people look like the stigma we so try to stamp out. That some people in the south really do attend school & actually absorb something. You may respect whomever you wish & so shall I. Hot shot (hot is spelled H O T) there I said it real slow..should be easy enough. Subject is; the PROBATE JUDGE-not whether I am a hot shot or not. Or whether you agree with me or not..please go away.
Mountain Person

Gastonia, NC

#25 Jan 25, 2011
Mountain Person wrote:
<quoted text>
Turning the tables will not work on me. Decent try though. It is kind of amusing. I am the one defending my rights to have an OPINION! lol. And once again..PLEASE LEARN TO SPELL!! It makes southern people look like the stigma we so try to stamp out. That some people in the south really do attend school & actually absorb something. You may respect whomever you wish & so shall I. Hot shot (hot is spelled H O T) there I said it real slow..should be easy enough. Subject is; the PROBATE JUDGE-not whether I am a hot shot or not. Or whether you agree with me or not..please go away.
Mountain Person has left the building. I bid all of Fannin County a good year and best of all life has to offer..Last word..:)
have to comment

Gastonia, NC

#26 Jan 25, 2011
Im not choosing sides. But i can speak from my own personal experience. I think everyone can agree that being a probate judge is a position of power? So shouldnt a probate judge have a well rounded and stable family life of their own before given such a position of power to judge other family problems? Or at least the knowledge on the proper way to handle family issues? Those of you who dont think so I would love to hear a logical reason why that doesnt matter, im all ears. She cant even control her own family, why was she be given the power to control other families when shes allowed hers to become so chaotic. Granted I dont know everything about her personal life. But with her daughter being the way she is, its impossible for her family life to be anything close to normal with her being a judge. I can say from a professional stand point that she has a lot of emotional issues she needs to deal with as an individual and within her own family. Those issues are without a doubt clouding her judgement on day to day issues. She's a person just like the rest o us. Shes had bad days and good days. I've seen her have a bad day. And whichever family just happened to look at her wrong on the way inside doesn't have a chance. Nomatter what the issue...... And for the love of jesus people if I said something you didnt like try to have a normal conversation insead of simply name calling. its called a debate for a reason. This isnt jerry springer.
Peaceful Forum

Gastonia, NC

#27 Jan 26, 2011
have to comment wrote:
Im not choosing sides. But i can speak from my own personal experience. I think everyone can agree that being a probate judge is a position of power? So shouldnt a probate judge have a well rounded and stable family life of their own before given such a position of power to judge other family problems? Or at least the knowledge on the proper way to handle family issues? Those of you who dont think so I would love to hear a logical reason why that doesnt matter, im all ears. She cant even control her own family, why was she be given the power to control other families when shes allowed hers to become so chaotic. Granted I dont know everything about her personal life. But with her daughter being the way she is, its impossible for her family life to be anything close to normal with her being a judge. I can say from a professional stand point that she has a lot of emotional issues she needs to deal with as an individual and within her own family. Those issues are without a doubt clouding her judgement on day to day issues. She's a person just like the rest o us. Shes had bad days and good days. I've seen her have a bad day. And whichever family just happened to look at her wrong on the way inside doesn't have a chance. Nomatter what the issue...... And for the love of jesus people if I said something you didnt like try to have a normal conversation insead of simply name calling. its called a debate for a reason. This isnt jerry springer.
I so agree, but people seem to love cursing and calling each other names. It is really sad.
Doug Newton

Onalaska, WA

#28 Feb 26, 2011
U.S. Citizen must have a real axe to grind with Judge Davis. As with most residents of this county I have had occasions to have business in her office. I have been very satisfied and impressed with her impartiality. I vote for her every time she runs because I know she does a great job. Most people who dislike sitting judges have lost a case they really wanted to win but the judge ruled according to the law and not what that particular person wanted. They get angry and run down the judge anonymously because it is safe to sling mud when you don't have to say who you are. Perhaps had you spent as much time taking care of your loved one as you do trashing Mrs. Davis they would have left you in the will.
Doug Newton Fan Club

Gastonia, NC

#29 Feb 26, 2011
Doug Newton wrote:
U.S. Citizen must have a real axe to grind with Judge Davis. As with most residents of this county I have had occasions to have business in her office. I have been very satisfied and impressed with her impartiality. I vote for her every time she runs because I know she does a great job. Most people who dislike sitting judges have lost a case they really wanted to win but the judge ruled according to the law and not what that particular person wanted. They get angry and run down the judge anonymously because it is safe to sling mud when you don't have to say who you are. Perhaps had you spent as much time taking care of your loved one as you do trashing Mrs. Davis they would have left you in the will.
Wow, maybe you should be president Mr. Doug Newton..NOT...Please I would be so embarrassed to even know you. It is people like you who give Fannin a bad "Hickville" reputation..Blind followers are so pathetic! Why is it that people like you cannot allow others an opinion that is different than that of your own? Always attacking the other whose view or experience is different. I see this all the time on here & it is getting a bit old so I had to say something. Also, I noticed people like you always try to turn every discussion into a "money issue"..Greedy & judgemental. Sad & pathetic.
Doug Newton

Onalaska, WA

#30 Mar 3, 2011
Wow, I have a fan club! I am one happy camper. Thank you!!!!I suppose I could see your point of view if I still had my vision as you noted. I think you googled Hickville inaccurately though, that would be more toward Charlotte. Most of the people in this area wouldnt quite fit that description just a few of our visitors. The whole purpose of this thread appears to be to attack and criticize others opinions so why are you so angry when it is turned back on you? I think I hit a nerve didnt I? By the way if she runs again I will vote for her again. Sorry about the will.
cjw

Raleigh, NC

#31 Mar 3, 2011
Doug Newton wrote:
Wow, I have a fan club! I am one happy camper. Thank you!!!!I suppose I could see your point of view if I still had my vision as you noted. I think you googled Hickville inaccurately though, that would be more toward Charlotte. Most of the people in this area wouldnt quite fit that description just a few of our visitors. The whole purpose of this thread appears to be to attack and criticize others opinions so why are you so angry when it is turned back on you? I think I hit a nerve didnt I? By the way if she runs again I will vote for her again. Sorry about the will.
Perfect! Hickville Doug Newton returns. Vote for whomever you wish & so will I. Unfortunately because of hateful people like you it discourages the ones who can be intimidated by thugs & old mountain whoogers like yourself. I love Fannin County just wish people like you wer not in it! Calling Charlotte Hickville shows how very ignorant you really are & gives other'
s there a bad undeserving name. What will are you referring to? My parents are still kicking! Money, Money Money. You are certainly one greedy soul to always relate everything back to money.
The Cats Meow

Onalaska, WA

#33 Mar 3, 2011
Will Concerned wrote:
I would like to hear from people who have had problems with Fannin Co. Probate Court.
ie, Probating wills, Excessive cost, delays in probate, wills that were not followed by the court.
I have talked to several people who say It's a
Nightmare if you have a will that has to be probated.
If there is a problem with probate court or Linda Davis you should take it to the Fannin County commissioner.Of course the commissioner and Linda could end up in another brawl.Lol
Argument

Blue Ridge, GA

#34 Mar 8, 2011
Hard To Tell wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge Davis was a highly skilled Paralegal when she was elected
You elected someone as judge who does not have a law degree??!! Do you get your medical treatment from CNAs, too? Oh, that's right, you also elected a commission chairman who treated animals at the pound.
Finally

Gastonia, NC

#35 Mar 8, 2011
Argument wrote:
<quoted text>
You elected someone as judge who does not have a law degree??!! Do you get your medical treatment from CNAs, too? Oh, that's right, you also elected a commission chairman who treated animals at the pound.
Thank you, finally someone sees where I am coming from!
Closet Drinking Baptist

Richmond, KY

#36 Mar 8, 2011
Argument wrote:
<quoted text>
The office of Probate Judge in Fannin County does not require a law degree. The past pay scale was so low that no respectable qualifed attorney would run for the office. Previous holders of the office did not have one either althoght one got his while in office and later had it taken away. Linda Davis had the best qualifications of anyone elected to the post and has done a pretty good job. At least 70 percent of the voters though so. CNA's provide good medical help under proper supervision for many folks and their contribution should be respected. Unless you are perfect (and I sure doubt it) disdain will get you nowhere. Generally, it is just something inferior folks use to try to feel better about themselves.
Sure Thing

Gastonia, NC

#37 Mar 9, 2011
Closet Drinking Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
The office of Probate Judge in Fannin County does not require a law degree. The past pay scale was so low that no respectable qualifed attorney would run for the office. Previous holders of the office did not have one either althoght one got his while in office and later had it taken away. Linda Davis had the best qualifications of anyone elected to the post and has done a pretty good job. At least 70 percent of the voters though so. CNA's provide good medical help under proper supervision for many folks and their contribution should be respected. Unless you are perfect (and I sure doubt it) disdain will get you nowhere. Generally, it is just something inferior folks use to try to feel better about themselves.
Just noticed I do not think CNA's were meant to be slammed so much as the person was simply making a comparison, which I understood to be; CNA's have a certain medical training but certainly not enough to qualify as an MD. Passionate Linda Davis supporters have every right to support her just as all citizen's have the right not to. Any person in a public office opens themselves up to both praise & blame. That's just life in our world here on Earth. It really is not personal even though it sometimes sounds that way. I know that I respect CNA's a great deal. But I do not respect Linda Davis as a probate judge because of some of her past actions (not against me personally either). I wasn't left out of a will or anything of that nature. I just wish we could discuss the topix & not have to resort to chopping each other to pieces.
OUTRAGED FAMILY MEMBER

Williston, SC

#38 Mar 12, 2011
SURE THING, How can you say you don't respect Judge Davis when you have had no dealings with her. She is very impartial when dealing with her cases in court. She treats everyone fairly and follows the law to the letter, whether it be her brother, friend or stranger before her. No one is favored in her court room.But if you are in need she will be the first one there to lend a hand to help! She will provide all the necessary information to whatever agency you need to get whatever help is available.
Finally

Gastonia, NC

#39 Mar 12, 2011
OUTRAGED FAMILY MEMBER wrote:
SURE THING, How can you say you don't respect Judge Davis when you have had no dealings with her. She is very impartial when dealing with her cases in court. She treats everyone fairly and follows the law to the letter, whether it be her brother, friend or stranger before her. No one is favored in her court room.But if you are in need she will be the first one there to lend a hand to help! She will provide all the necessary information to whatever agency you need to get whatever help is available.
Be as OUTRAGED as you please! I could care less. Please comprehend what you are actually reading next time. I did NOT say I have had NO dealings with her! I said it was not directed at me & that I was not left out of a will! That always seems to be the infamous response, "Oh I guess you were left out of the will & that's why you don't worship Judge Davis like the rest of us do," which is a ridiculously ignorant response. So, that said, spit in the ocean for I still think being attacked for having a different opinion is much like the witch hunts way back when! Either be a clone like the majority or be accused of all sorts of things! How ignorant! No thanks Outraged Family Member! Tell it to the judge! lol
cjw

Raleigh, NC

#40 Mar 14, 2011
Yeah she helps people alot!!!Just dont park in her parking place lol!!!I am sorry but if you have a meth cooking white trash POS daughter you dont need to be making decisions about peoples family.Be as outraged as you want booo whooo buy a damn box of cleanex and whip your snotty nose.
Amen

Raleigh, NC

#41 Mar 14, 2011
cjw wrote:
Yeah she helps people alot!!!Just dont park in her parking place lol!!!I am sorry but if you have a meth cooking white trash POS daughter you dont need to be making decisions about peoples family.Be as outraged as you want booo whooo buy a damn box of cleanex and whip your snotty nose.
Amen to that!! Let's STOP this idol-worship & deal with the FACTS for a change~!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News KKK will rally Saturday in Blairsville (Oct '12) 54 min Tolerman 42
Removing Confederate Monuments 6 hr Peace Keeper 5
massage parlor in Blue Ridge 6 hr Hung Lo 9
money question? 7 hr patient 12
Where's Timmy ? Mon Sam 34
Fannin football (Aug '16) Mon REBEL4EVER 157
Healthcare for this area (Nov '16) Mon Obamacare sucks 16

Blue Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance