Should citizens of Blue Ridge be payi...

Should citizens of Blue Ridge be paying for Insurance for city council members?

Created by Just Curious on Jan 29, 2011

157 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Just Curious

Paonia, CO

#1 Jan 29, 2011
As of 4 votes, the poll is 100% "No." The local newspaper editorial reported on Friday that we are indeed paying for insurance for some council members.
Just Curious

Paonia, CO

#2 Jan 30, 2011
By the way, the newspaper also stated that the mayor's insurance will be courtesy of the citizens.
Just Asking

Blue Ridge, GA

#3 Sep 23, 2012
I think ALL part time employees should get ins,not just ins BUT THE BEST INS CITY TAX PAYERS CAN BUY. NOT!!!!!
Blue Ridge City resident

Blue Ridge, GA

#4 Oct 9, 2012
Why don't we ask the city attorney(Lynn Doss or is is David Syfan) exactly why the citizens of Blue Ridge are footing the bill for part timers? As a matter of fact, how many companies foot the bill for 20 hours a week? Di we pay for the previous administration(or is this something that the Mayor & City Council) cooked up on their own, to access citizens taxpaying dollars? After all, I do believe Blue Ridge nees to fix their roads & infrastructure before we have to attack all the health issue brought to the table. Now that we have the ACA, they will not be able to discriminate against the pre-existing conditions that were mentioned before. They all have their own businesses, I cam sure that they can join with the Chamber & get cheaper insurance~or do they just want us to foot the bill~sorry to say, but it sounds as if they believe they are entitlted. Just how much is this costing the cit of Blue Ridge? There are much better ways to spend our money, 20 hours does not constiture 40 hour benefits IMHOO
Shoop

Dawsonville, GA

#5 Oct 10, 2012
Hey "resident" call Doss and ask her then report what she said.
ZORO

Blue Ridge, GA

#6 Oct 11, 2012
I SAY NO,neither should the tax payers pay for health insurance or retirement for government workers an school teachers who already make a big salary compared to the AVERAGE person most all workers are burden with health insurance cost an no retirement why should i help pay for theirs when i dont have it my self.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 25 min Advocate4Clean 388
TDS internet problems. Please call. (May '15) 25 min moonjack 3
Illegal Immigration 1 hr Hillary for priso... 2
soccer coaches 2 hr Yes 1
BRMEMC Director Candidates 5 hr CleanuptheEMC 38
tj maxx 20 hr Natasha 8
Now Hiring Aug 27 Lala 1

Blue Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance