Looking for a job

Posted in the Blue Ridge Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
angel eyes

Blue Ridge, GA

#1 Sep 7, 2011
Does anyone know if anyone is hiring in Blue Ridge ?
GA Mtn Mama

Wellington, AL

#2 Sep 7, 2011
I would assume the new raceway & Mercier's is always hiring. I would suggest going downtown to all the shops & restaurants as they will be needing people for the fall season. I wa in the Black Bear Bier Garten yesterday and they had a sign on the door. They are located above the whistle stop or next to Huck's General Store if you're on main street.

Good luck!
Jesse

Blairsville, GA

#3 Sep 7, 2011
Theres probally a bunch of real low paying jobs available. After all Blue Ridge is being pushed as a Tourist town. So theres lots of shoe shining jobs.
angel eyes

Blue Ridge, GA

#4 Sep 7, 2011
Jesse wrote:
Theres probally a bunch of real low paying jobs available. After all Blue Ridge is being pushed as a Tourist town. So theres lots of shoe shining jobs.
a lot like blairsville the only difference in blue ridge and blairsville is blue ridge passed the vote to serve alcohol in restraunts and blairsville didn't...you know nothing about blue ridge.. and for your information most places pay well above minimum wage here.
Randy

Hotchkiss, CO

#5 Sep 7, 2011
Pulse,out at the Industral Park in blue ridge, were suppost to be hiring. The paper had 2 pages about them, and said they were going to be hiring 25 or so people in sept. I called and they said theywere bringing most of the people in from their old plant in Fla.!The paper failed to mention that.
Local Observer

Williston, SC

#6 Sep 7, 2011
angel eyes wrote:
<quoted text> a lot like blairsville the only difference in blue ridge and blairsville is blue ridge passed the vote to serve alcohol in restraunts and blairsville didn't...you know nothing about blue ridge.. and for your information most places pay well above minimum wage here.
Union Co voted it in as well... Where have you been?? I heard the The Lodge at Copperhead in Union Co is hiring... But it seems that you have to pass some type of "test" and pay to obtain a license just to work at a place that serves alcohol in Blairsville. Go onto their "topix" and you can read all about it.
angel eyes

Blue Ridge, GA

#7 Sep 7, 2011
Local Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
Union Co voted it in as well... Where have you been?? I heard the The Lodge at Copperhead in Union Co is hiring... But it seems that you have to pass some type of "test" and pay to obtain a license just to work at a place that serves alcohol in Blairsville. Go onto their "topix" and you can read all about it.
..well its about time blairsville did something right......and as for the copperhead lodge i know the owners and no you dont have to take a test to work there.
angel eyes

Blue Ridge, GA

#8 Sep 7, 2011
Local Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
and no you dont have to have a license to work at a place that serves alcohol....the owners have to have a license to serve it but you dont have to have one to work there.
angel eyes

Blue Ridge, GA

#9 Sep 7, 2011
Randy wrote:
Pulse,out at the Industral Park in blue ridge, were suppost to be hiring. The paper had 2 pages about them, and said they were going to be hiring 25 or so people in sept. I called and they said theywere bringing most of the people in from their old plant in Fla.!The paper failed to mention that.
well thats what happens when you let florida people move here.
Local Observer

Wellington, AL

#10 Sep 7, 2011
angel eyes wrote:
<quoted text> and no you dont have to have a license to work at a place that serves alcohol....the owners have to have a license to serve it but you dont have to have one to work there.
You really might want to check your facts before you start spouting out things that you "think" you're in " the know" about.... Since you know the owners. Btw.... Where are the new owners from??
Local Observer

Wellington, AL

#11 Sep 7, 2011
The Lodge at Copperhead | Jun 26, 2011
"Potential Employee" and anyone else interested in employment:

The Union County Ordinance that governs the sale of alcohol requires ANY employee who "sells, serves, mixes, or otherwise handles alcohol" to be licensed.

The steps to obtain the license are this:

1. Contact Peggy at the Commissioner's office for the packet
2. Go to the Sheriff's office for fingerprinting and background check
3. Complete the online training course

The cost for the whole process is just over $100. Any employee who comes to work for The Lodge has the opportunity to take a 10 question multiple choice test about the ordinance. With satisfactory completion, we give you the money back - and you keep the license - it can go with you anywhere in the county. I believe they are good for two years, but I'm not positive on that one.

We are hiring! Servers, bartenders, and also kitchen staff who are exempt from the license.

This is right from the Blairsville topix about Copperhead Lodge...
angel eyes

Blue Ridge, GA

#12 Sep 7, 2011
Local Observer wrote:
The Lodge at Copperhead | Jun 26, 2011
"Potential Employee" and anyone else interested in employment:
The Union County Ordinance that governs the sale of alcohol requires ANY employee who "sells, serves, mixes, or otherwise handles alcohol" to be licensed.
The steps to obtain the license are this:
1. Contact Peggy at the Commissioner's office for the packet
2. Go to the Sheriff's office for fingerprinting and background check
3. Complete the online training course
The cost for the whole process is just over $100. Any employee who comes to work for The Lodge has the opportunity to take a 10 question multiple choice test about the ordinance. With satisfactory completion, we give you the money back - and you keep the license - it can go with you anywhere in the county. I believe they are good for two years, but I'm not positive on that one.
We are hiring! Servers, bartenders, and also kitchen staff who are exempt from the license.
This is right from the Blairsville topix about Copperhead Lodge...
this is interesting the owner of the copperhead lodge is sitting here to and its the first they have heard of this.
Local Observer

Wellington, AL

#13 Sep 7, 2011
Then I suggest that they might want to monitor what's being said w/ their name and about their business! I "copied & pasted" right from the Blairsville topix site! So if they're sitting there ask her where she is from and gEt back to me!!
angel eyes

Blue Ridge, GA

#14 Sep 7, 2011
Local Observer wrote:
Then I suggest that they might want to monitor what's being said w/ their name and about their business! I "copied & pasted" right from the Blairsville topix site! So if they're sitting there ask her where she is from and gEt back to me!!
Dont you know by now that most topix on here are pure gossip and by the way the owners are male and female not just one.
Local Observer

Wellington, AL

#15 Sep 7, 2011
So... Where are they from??? & they are saying that the post was pure gossip & you aren't required by Union Co to have a license to work???
angel eyes

Blue Ridge, GA

#16 Sep 7, 2011
angel eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Dont you know by now that most topix on here are pure gossip and by the way the owners are male and female not just one.
oh and by the way the lodge is owned by my very dear friends Michelle Evans and Anthony Cassulo from shalimar florida...anything else you want to know genius?
Local Observer

Wellington, AL

#17 Sep 7, 2011
angel eyes wrote:
<quoted text>well thats what happens when you let florida people move here.
You are the real GENIUS on here!!! Have you shown your dear friends your comments?? I knew EXACTLY where they were from.... I just wanted to see if you would be stupid enough to admit it after making such an immature asinine statement as the one above!!
angel eyes

Blue Ridge, GA

#18 Sep 7, 2011
Local Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the real GENIUS on here!!! Have you shown your dear friends your comments?? I knew EXACTLY where they were from.... I just wanted to see if you would be stupid enough to admit it after making such an immature asinine statement as the one above!!
sitting right here with me genius reading everthing i post
Local Observer

Wellington, AL

#19 Sep 7, 2011
So enlighten me....do employees have to obtain a license to work in Union Co.... Genius?
angel eyes

Blue Ridge, GA

#20 Sep 7, 2011
Local Observer wrote:
So enlighten me....do employees have to obtain a license to work in Union Co.... Genius?
all depends on which job you are applying for

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's with Hemptown Baptist Church? 53 min Red 1
R.I.P Fannin co 57 min Local Observer 3
r.i.p.d 11 hr Local 1
Adventure Time 11 hr Local 1
Matt Dillon 11 hr Local 1
George Clooney 11 hr Local 1
What's my name 19 hr citizen 2

Blue Ridge News Video

Blue Ridge Dating
Find my Match