First Prev
of 2
Next Last
john

Blue Ridge, GA

#1 Aug 8, 2012
So why do so many doctors leave here after just a few years? I just heard that Dr Whittaker is leaving..Why? He has had a thriving surgery practice here. I saw in the Paper the CEO at the local hospital has brought in 4 new Drs and 2 new NPs with 4 more new Drs on the way. What happened to the Drs we had?
me oh my

Blue Ridge, GA

#2 Aug 9, 2012
They are tired o getting paid crap for the great work they do.If you want a GOOD Dr get the hell out of Fannin and surrounding areas... Beause ALL the good Dr.s are leaving!!!!!!!
john

Blue Ridge, GA

#3 Aug 9, 2012
me oh my wrote:
They are tired o getting paid crap for the great work they do.If you want a GOOD Dr get the hell out of Fannin and surrounding areas... Beause ALL the good Dr.s are leaving!!!!!!!
I don't believe they are leaving just because of pay. I mean some of the Drs leaving have their own practice. Do you know of anything about the hospital? I know I have heard people say it is expensive but provide good care.
john

Blue Ridge, GA

#4 Aug 9, 2012
Does anyone local have an opinion on this? I heard that over the last few years over 15 Drs have come and gone.
me oh my

Blue Ridge, GA

#5 Aug 10, 2012
The hospital as been thru alot of Dr.s. I take my family there or cuts and minor things more seriousthis they go to Chattanooga, My mom and ids and grandkids had surgury there and they were wonderful The nurses were great and the dr that did the surguries Dr. Whitaker,was AMAZING BEST DR THERE, and is leaving from what I have heard... It is a persons own personal experiance with the hospital you will hear some good and some bad but you will hear that with any hospital.... Go to Fannin and talk to them and they will be more than happy to show you around and talk to you...
Freedom Run Dog Park

Blue Ridge, GA

#6 Aug 10, 2012
me oh my wrote:
The hospital as been thru alot of Dr.s. I take my family there or cuts and minor things more seriousthis they go to Chattanooga, My mom and ids and grandkids had surgury there and they were wonderful The nurses were great and the dr that did the surguries Dr. Whitaker,was AMAZING BEST DR THERE, and is leaving from what I have heard... It is a persons own personal experiance with the hospital you will hear some good and some bad but you will hear that with any hospital.... Go to Fannin and talk to them and they will be more than happy to show you around and talk to you...
A Walk In Clinic opened this week at Riverstone.
rebelforlife

United States

#7 Aug 10, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>I don't believe they are leaving just because of pay. I mean some of the Drs leaving have their own practice. Do you know of anything about the hospital? I know I have heard people say it is expensive but provide good care.
They killed my mother
jolly roger

Blue Ridge, GA

#8 Aug 10, 2012
Freedom Run Dog Park wrote:
<quoted text>
A Walk In Clinic opened this week at Riverstone.
The hospital reopened the walkin clinic. I have heard they are the most expensive hospital in the State. I have heard they don't so much care about the patients as making money and this is why many of the Drs left. They didn't believe in treating people like cattle. I had a friend that had some blood test done at their clinic and was billed over 700 dollars for the same test he could have had done at the health department in Murphy for about 50 dollars. Much cheaper to go to Union General or Piedmont.
Freedom Run Dog Park

Blue Ridge, GA

#9 Aug 10, 2012
jolly roger wrote:
<quoted text>
The hospital reopened the walkin clinic. I have heard they are the most expensive hospital in the State. I have heard they don't so much care about the patients as making money and this is why many of the Drs left. They didn't believe in treating people like cattle. I had a friend that had some blood test done at their clinic and was billed over 700 dollars for the same test he could have had done at the health department in Murphy for about 50 dollars. Much cheaper to go to Union General or Piedmont.
Docs don't care where you get your bloodwork. You can drive to Murphy NC with any Doc's order for bloodwork and have the results faxed and ask that a copy be mailed to your home. Knowing what bloodwork you need is the harder part and I think you need a Doc's order, not positive about that.

Dr. Galloway is at the new walk in clinic at Riverstone. They have an X-ray machine. I hear the staff and service are great.
oh my

Blue Ridge, GA

#10 Aug 10, 2012
Dr, Galloway IS at the walk in clinic and that is where I will take my kids and myself.... HE IS the most caring and down to earth DR have been to in a long time...I ws so lad when they opened back up and HE WAS THERE!!!!WHOOOOO HOOOOO
john

Blue Ridge, GA

#11 Aug 10, 2012
oh my wrote:
Dr, Galloway IS at the walk in clinic and that is where I will take my kids and myself.... HE IS the most caring and down to earth DR have been to in a long time...I ws so lad when they opened back up and HE WAS THERE!!!!WHOOOOO HOOOOO
I am glad to hear that Dr Galloway is back. Never understood why they closed down the walk-in clinic last year. I guess Dr Galloway and the NP tht he worked with are two of the Healhcare providers that the Fannin CEO said he has brought to Blue Ridge.
Freedom Run Dog Park

Blue Ridge, GA

#12 Aug 10, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
I am glad to hear that Dr Galloway is back. Never understood why they closed down the walk-in clinic last year. I guess Dr Galloway and the NP tht he worked with are two of the Healhcare providers that the Fannin CEO said he has brought to Blue Ridge.
He has a new NP. Pictures in paper bottom of front page.
oh my

Blue Ridge, GA

#13 Aug 11, 2012
They cloed down because the prior owners screwed all the employees and the medical distributors out of their money... Now Fannin has taken over and it should be great Dr.Galloway IS GREAT!!!!!!
jolly roger

Blue Ridge, GA

#14 Nov 17, 2012
What is the deal with Fannin Hospital and running off Good Drs? I just heard they fired Dr Galloway from the Urgent Care Clinc. What is the deal with this CEO at Fannin he keeps screwing over the people in this community...
jolly roger

Blue Ridge, GA

#15 Dec 8, 2012
john wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently Dr Galloway is gone again...
LaForte Fan

Morganton, GA

#16 Dec 8, 2012
Dr Galloway was run off and the NP he hired is on her to being pushed way out, too. You have Mr. Sanders and his Red Queen Karen Vaugh to thank for this state of affairs.

Patient care is the least of their considerations, they are all about profit. Their goal is to turn the Walk in Clinic into a mini ER where they can justify charging the big bucks. I will be driving onto Hillcrest in Blairsville for quick relatively inexpensive in between Dr. visits. Depo shots there are $20 compared to Fannin's $120 or more -- just an example of what they do in markup. My opinions are my own based on my personal observations.
no matter

United States

#17 Dec 9, 2012
Fannin sends two bills out after seen someone in ER one bill for using there ER and the second bill is for using there DR. To high!!
concerned tax payer

Blue Ridge, GA

#18 Dec 9, 2012
That is because the doctors bill separtely. They don't work for the hospital.
no matter wrote:
Fannin sends two bills out after seen someone in ER one bill for using there ER and the second bill is for using there DR. To high!!
totally

United States

#19 Jan 20, 2013
Fanning is a great hospital with great doctors and nurses. Best care and service. Its the CEO and the ice princess that are the problem. Call the CHS corporation to complain if you want to save the hospital. There are too many good people who work there to let it be ruined.
bad to the bone

Blue Ridge, GA

#20 Jan 20, 2013
the walk in clinic is being ran by appalacian physicians group from out on highway 5 they NEED to get Dr,Galloway BACK..he was the best dr ther was and I think thye were afraid of the compition for patients...sad to let a good dr go.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Do Liberal Women Hate Men? (Apr '12) 8 hr The WB 375
Target Range Status? 8 hr Helen No it all 2
Americanized 9 hr The Mountains Noise 35
Fannin football "classless" 10 hr Resident 4
Copeland's Burgers & Southern Eats in Blairsville 14 hr Stick 48
Stop calling Floridians Floridiots, we are all ... 15 hr Nope blairsville too 16
Another pet peeve ..... (Aug '10) Sun Chainsaw Five 96

Blue Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blue Ridge Mortgages