First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Crazy man

Cedaredge, CO

#1 May 31, 2012
Does anyone know who this is that came out of the blue to run for Superior Court Judge? Does he have any experience?
Zzzz

Ellijay, GA

#2 May 31, 2012
He is a Judge in Blue Ridge. Bought the chastain house out on dail rd. Very nice guy.
Mountain Man

Covington, GA

#3 May 31, 2012
He has been an attorney for 25 years and a judge for 20+ years. Many attorneys in the family. He currently judges in 17 different municipalities, including Blue Ridge, Ellijay and East Ellijay. It appears he has the experience.
eye witness

Waunakee, WI

#4 May 31, 2012
How fortunate we are to have the genuine article wiling to afford us real justice rather than the strangle hold imposed on us now. If we're not careful it'll be a lock if sosebee gets elected DA. Its a win - win with Sneed, a real judge and a chance for justice. Help stop the abuse by bradleys circus by voting him out !
Crazy man

Cedaredge, CO

#5 Jun 1, 2012
eye witness wrote:
How fortunate we are to have the genuine article wiling to afford us real justice rather than the strangle hold imposed on us now. If we're not careful it'll be a lock if sosebee gets elected DA. Its a win - win with Sneed, a real judge and a chance for justice. Help stop the abuse by bradleys circus by voting him out !
City court is a big leap to superior court. I wonder if he'll know how to handle all of the repeat deadbeat offenders in our circuit. Be careful what you wish for, you may get a hanging judge!
Mountain Man

Covington, GA

#6 Jun 1, 2012
You are correct, Crazy man, about it being a big leap. But remember, Judge Bradley made the same leap in 2001 after serving twelve years as a municipal court judge.
Here is Judge Bradley's announcement of his candidacy:

http://pickens.fetchyournews.com/archives/176...

The fact that Sneed has a lot of judicial experience should certainly work in the favor of the citizans of the Appalachian Circuit, and the fact that his previous experience is as a municipal court judge should certainly not disqualify him from serious consideration.
Blue Ridge Lady

Ellijay, GA

#7 Jun 1, 2012
Has Sneed had family law cases as a judge or as an attorney? If not, how will he know what to do or how to rule? Why are all of Sneed's addresses listed in Lithonia (Dekalb)? We have plenty of people who own property in Fannin and call themselves "locals," but they are not. Does he have a home in Fannin? I personally want a local, not someone who has been a city judge in a million municipalities like in Atlanta metro. We need a judge who has roots in this community.

dog eater

Griffin, GA

#8 Jun 2, 2012
Blue Ridge Lady wrote:
Has Sneed had family law cases as a judge or as an attorney? If not, how will he know what to do or how to rule? Why are all of Sneed's addresses listed in Lithonia (Dekalb)? We have plenty of people who own property in Fannin and call themselves "locals," but they are not. Does he have a home in Fannin? I personally want a local, not someone who has been a city judge in a million municipalities like in Atlanta metro. We need a judge who has roots in this community.
you mean you want someone who is crooked?
Crazy man

Cedaredge, CO

#9 Jun 2, 2012
dog eater wrote:
<quoted text>
you mean you want someone who is crooked?
You must not be familiar with politics most are crooked. At least, most of ours are educated crooks with morals and family roots. Anyone from out of town can come in and create a trail of destruction and leave town. If he is so qualified, I wonder why he comes to a small 3 county circuit to run for judge instead of where the big money is in his town of residency. Maybe he can't get elected down there? I hear he will dismiss a DUI for a favor in city court - Is that crooked? Does it matter who your attorney is what the outcome of your case is? If you can't afford David Ralston or George Weaver, do you still get the same justice as some without an attorney? People better be careful what they ask for -
Mountain Man

Covington, GA

#10 Jun 2, 2012
Pretty serious allegation to make about a judge's integrity. Name your source, or stop posting unsubstantiated hearsay.
Druggie

Cedaredge, CO

#11 Jun 2, 2012
Mountain Man wrote:
Pretty serious allegation to make about a judge's integrity. Name your source, or stop posting unsubstantiated hearsay.
I heard he's gonna come in here and clean house and get rid of some repeat offenders and hand out some harsh sentences to clean up the county. Maybe that's what we need.

If your from Covington, why do you care who we have up here. Elect him in Covington.
total chaos

Williston, SC

#12 Jun 2, 2012
He's a great guy and will do great things for the county... We need someone to clean this county up. Our judicial system is a joke and has been for some time. He has morals and values and is a family man. don't do the crime crazyman annd you wont do the time. He is the one for the job..... He has a house on the river as well and bought the old orphanage on old dial road... If you want the same results vote the same way.... as for me I want a change.
Druggie

Cedaredge, CO

#13 Jun 2, 2012
total chaos wrote:
He's a great guy and will do great things for the county... We need someone to clean this county up. Our judicial system is a joke and has been for some time. He has morals and values and is a family man. don't do the crime crazyman annd you wont do the time. He is the one for the job..... He has a house on the river as well and bought the old orphanage on old dial road... If you want the same results vote the same way.... as for me I want a change.
You must have received a sentence you didn't like!
Druggie

Cedaredge, CO

#14 Jun 2, 2012
total chaos wrote:
What does a house on the river have to do with his residency and qualifications? I worked in the judicial system for 25 years and am very impressed with the judges we have. I have not seen any illegal or immoral activity. No matter who is in office, someone will complain. I just can't imagine why he would come up here to run for office if he's so qualified. Why doesn't he seek election in his own county? Just curious - very suspicious. Sometimes when people want to get away from their own town there's a reason, but I don't know. I hope I don't find out.
eye witness

Blue Ridge, GA

#15 Jun 2, 2012
Druggie wrote:
<quoted text>
What does a house on the river have to do with his residency and qualifications? I worked in the judicial system for 25 years and am very impressed with the judges we have. I have not seen any illegal or immoral activity. No matter who is in office, someone will complain. I just can't imagine why he would come up here to run for office if he's so qualified. Why doesn't he seek election in his own county? Just curious - very suspicious. Sometimes when people want to get away from their own town there's a reason, but I don't know. I hope I don't find out.
Illegal and immoral acts are relatively easy to avoid when your a judge. The defining characteristic in bradleys case is one of ETHICS !!! 25 yrs with your eyes closed and you cast the first stone here. Ok, roger.
Blue Ridge Beacon

Blue Ridge, GA

#16 Jun 4, 2012
Had the privilege of meeting Judge Sneed today. I expected a self serving politician but found a compassionate soul with a call to service as a result of diligent prayer for guidance. I think I would have voted for him before as the lesser of two evils but now, finding out he's a child advocate, Im inspired to help shoulder his burden even though Im already a community servant. Now that theres hope lets all help the community by spreading the word and bringing a neighbor to vote !
Was an honor Your Honor !
eye witness

Blue Ridge, GA

#17 Jun 4, 2012
Amen Beacon

“Vainglourious Basterd”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#18 Jun 4, 2012
Blue Ridge Beacon wrote:
Had the privilege of meeting Judge Sneed today. I expected a self serving politician but found a compassionate soul with a call to service as a result of diligent prayer for guidance. I think I would have voted for him before as the lesser of two evils but now, finding out he's a child advocate, Im inspired to help shoulder his burden even though Im already a community servant. Now that theres hope lets all help the community by spreading the word and bringing a neighbor to vote !
Was an honor Your Honor !
What a tool.
Mountain Man

Covington, GA

#19 Jun 5, 2012
Which one, Lanius?
eye witness

Cedaredge, CO

#20 Jun 5, 2012
Is it true Sneed will debate bradley at our high school ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rumor has it 1 hr rock and roll 101 12
Rebel flags in town is also a joke (Aug '14) 4 hr BV queen 214
The lies he tells 19 hr Stacey 1
Thank you Bernie Hodskins et al. (Jun '10) Fri Sandbag 6
Fox 5 News at Fannin County Court House Fri Sandbag 27
N-word Bob bradley Fri Sandbag 5
Blue Ridge Golf & River Club (Mar '11) Apr 14 mollywollydoodle 43
More from around the web

Blue Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE