Roadside Garbage
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Thought Provoker

North, SC

#1 Jan 5, 2011
Does anyone in Fannin County care what type of image is being projected with the over abundance of garbage along our roadways? Have I missed the road signs that state,“toss garbage out at will”. Needless to say, this has always been a problem and nothing is being done to curb such behavior! You would think that there would be some local pride; unfortunately, I have yet to see any concern over this situation. Every year we have a group of people that gather to clean garbage along the Toccoa River. However, this group consists mostly of Flocals/Translocals (Permanent Ex-Floridians and Permanent Transplants). I just find it hard to believe that we do not care enough about our beautiful area to tackle this as a community!!
Personally, I do find this to be a local issue. The bulk of the garbage along the roadside is beer cans/bottles bottles, Beer boxes, Fast Food bags/ wrappers, Plastic solo cups, cigarette packages and much more. Before the locals chime in…… the beer garbage is mostly lower end brands such as Busch, Keystone, SouthPaw, Old Milwaukee and so forth. Yes, there are others like Budweiser, Miller Lite, and Bud Light; however, the bulk of the beer garbage is the cheap stuff. Most of the Cabin Renters that visit my neck of the woods drink something other than cheap beer and Mad dog 20/20!
I am sure I am beating a dead horse here……. I just feel it was time something was said. I will continue to remove garbage along the road that leads to my place and a portion of old Highway 2… I will do my part as I hope others will do the same. It sure would be nice if everyone would take a little pride in where they live and stop the littering altogether!!!!!

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2 Jan 5, 2011
I agree completely. We could also use a campaign to eliminate garbage/junk/abandoned cars from yards around the county.

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#3 Jan 5, 2011
Gilmer and Fannin Counties are pathetic. Nastiest looking Counties in the State
Dumpaway

Blairsville, GA

#4 Jan 5, 2011
If it keeps the Floridiots and Asllantans away..dump away Blue Ridge folks.
Dumpaway

Blairsville, GA

#5 Jan 5, 2011
Especially if it keeps those dang Cabin renters away...run every one of those loud mouth city pukes away.
Thought Provoker

North, SC

#6 Jan 5, 2011
Dumpaway wrote:
Especially if it keeps those dang Cabin renters away...run every one of those loud mouth city pukes away.
What a brilliant and expected response “Jesse”! I would not expect anything less from Human Garbage. You can rant and rave all you like about tourist/renters and that will not change the fact that this area is a treasure that all seek. The garbage along the road that I am sure you contribute to, will not deter visitors from coming to our mountains! The fact that the beauty of our mountains is littered with local refuse like you will not change the realization that people will continue to visit Fannin County. I notice that you have never welcomed change in our community and you are always saying “if you don’t like it leave”…… well son… maybe you should heed your own advice. It’s time for you to go, because change is the only thing that is certain and constant!

My original post was about roadside garbage… however, I am sure this will escalate to renter/tourist/local trashing…. Go figure!!!
Sad

Ringgold, GA

#7 Jan 5, 2011
did they not shut the prison down or put a stop to the Blairsville prison/jail picking up the trash?

I'm certain it was either they stopped allowing them to pick it up or it closed down as to why the roads are looking so bad. I didn't think we had a problem at all. But if you look to the counties surrounding, Gilmer, Murphy, NC....where Garbage haul off is free...the roads don't look near as bad of condition...

As far as junk cars go, your treading all over the constitutional rights of others for that.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#8 Jan 5, 2011
I agree, Blue Ridge is one big open trash can for some people. As far as junk cars and mounds of trash in folks yard, I believe the county should have an ordinance on that. If you don't clean it up, you get fined! But I understand that people probably can't afford to pay to get rid of their trash either. Residents should be allowed one free bulk trash dump a year.
Thought Provoker

North, SC

#9 Jan 5, 2011
Sad wrote:
did they not shut the prison down or put a stop to the Blairsville prison/jail picking up the trash?
I'm certain it was either they stopped allowing them to pick it up or it closed down as to why the roads are looking so bad. I didn't think we had a problem at all. But if you look to the counties surrounding, Gilmer, Murphy, NC....where Garbage haul off is free...the roads don't look near as bad of condition...
As far as junk cars go, your treading all over the constitutional rights of others for that.
Amazing..... I never thought it was the inmates responsibilities to take care of our responsibilities.... Geeze... I love the mindset around here!@!!!!
Thought Provoker

North, SC

#10 Jan 5, 2011
Tiptoe wrote:
I agree, Blue Ridge is one big open trash can for some people. As far as junk cars and mounds of trash in folks yard, I believe the county should have an ordinance on that. If you don't clean it up, you get fined! But I understand that people probably can't afford to pay to get rid of their trash either. Residents should be allowed one free bulk trash dump a year.
I love this as well, let's see if I can rationalize this..... OK...the people that consume the least needs help with their garbage disposal.... Maybe we should create another entitlement program for Garbage pickup.......... yeah that will work!!!!! "F" that.... just clean up after yourself!!!!!!
PEOPLE TRASH

Madison, WI

#11 Jan 6, 2011
I agree Thought Provoker maybe he or she which ever needs someone to wipe there a-- for them because they have not been taught nothing except how to show there ignorance.
Devin

Blairsville, GA

#12 Jan 6, 2011
This whole thread is priceless. We don't need a junk ordinance ib Blue Ridge. We could use a ordinance that sys you can't rent out "cabin" or "motels" next to full time residents. I agree that if it deters weekend warriors and pushy sunburnt Floridiots from crowding up Fannin county then rock and roll. Most of these renters don't give two craps about the communities their renting in and are just as bad as the locals who litter. We need a dang hunting season on tourists.
Thought Provoker

North, SC

#13 Jan 6, 2011
Devin wrote:
This whole thread is priceless. We don't need a junk ordinance ib Blue Ridge. We could use a ordinance that sys you can't rent out "cabin" or "motels" next to full time residents. I agree that if it deters weekend warriors and pushy sunburnt Floridiots from crowding up Fannin county then rock and roll. Most of these renters don't give two craps about the communities their renting in and are just as bad as the locals who litter. We need a dang hunting season on tourists.
Devin, this thread may just be priceless, however, your response is “Worthless”!!! I could go on about ignorance and low brain function, but I know that would only fall on deaf ears! That fact that one would justify throwing garbage along the roadside to deter visitors from coming to our area is idiotic at best! Once again, the Native Mentality (not all Natives) has raised its ugly head, as I knew it would.

As far as a hunting season on tourists.... how about we just mandate birth control on brother and sister marriages. Didn"t Uncle Dad teach you tolerance
MAD

Madison, WI

#14 Jan 6, 2011
No Uncle Dad taught them to trash the place not only the roadsides the lake banks river banks creek banks camp sites back roads every damn where its the reason people are not allowed to enjoy the free things in life anymore.
sad

Ringgold, GA

#15 Jan 6, 2011
it may not be idea but yes the inmates should be working toward something rather than sitting around watching tv and lifting weights...

Make them pick the damn trash up off the road cause your never gonna stop people from throwing it out their car windows...
Make them farm. stop allowing them to comfortably be punished.
You_Are_ A_ Clown

Blue Ridge, GA

#16 Jan 6, 2011
Dumpaway wrote:
Especially if it keeps those dang Cabin renters away...run every one of those loud mouth city pukes away.
Dumpaway you are an uneducated, untraveled and unwanted waste of human flesh. You're another dropout that could use a basic lesson in economics. You had better hope those "city pukes" from Atlanta, Florida and wherever else they come from never stop coming to this town. The day they do will be the day you have to move from your doublewide to a singlewide. I'll bet if you look in the mirror (I'm assuming you have one of those) and open your mouth you can't count more than 5 teeth in total. Crawl back under your rock you useless piece of garbage.
concerned

Cleveland, TN

#17 Jan 6, 2011
There is a lot of trash bags on side of roads. Fannnin at one time had dumpsters at different sites to take your garbage. They are gone now A lot of folks cant pay to take their garbage to county for disposial Alot of the garbage is household trash
Trashed

North, SC

#18 Jan 11, 2011
concerned wrote:
There is a lot of trash bags on side of roads. Fannnin at one time had dumpsters at different sites to take your garbage. They are gone now A lot of folks cant pay to take their garbage to county for disposial Alot of the garbage is household trash
I disagree with trash slinging locals not being able to afford trash collection. Most of the trash along the roadside is BEER CANS, 12 PACK BOXES, PLASTIC SOFT DRINK BOTTLES, FAST FOOD CONTAINERS, CIGARETTE PACKAGES and much more that require money to obtain...... If they can afford these items, they can have their trash disposed of properly.
White Trash

North, SC

#19 Jan 11, 2011
Unfortunately, the inbred locals are akin to Neanderthals, hell let’s not give them that much credit, more like primates. The reason they feel the instinctual urge to throw their garbage along the roadside is a primal impulsive response to mark their territory! I am surprise you don’t see more Ape S#!t in the middle of the road!
Hard To Tell

United States

#20 Jan 12, 2011
White Trash wrote:
Unfortunately, the inbred locals are akin to Neanderthals, hell let’s not give them that much credit, more like primates. The reason they feel the instinctual urge to throw their garbage along the roadside is a primal impulsive response to mark their territory! I am surprise you don’t see more Ape S#!t in the middle of the road!
Hard to tell exactly who litters the roadsides. In my area it appears to be split evenly between locals and transplants. Not much you can do about human cockroaches except get their license numbers and turn them in if you can catch them in the act. But then the county probably wouldn't do anything about it if you did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Today's special.... 8 hr BV queen 2
Lettting go.... 15 hr Stacelynn 1
My dearest friend.... 15 hr Stacelynn 1
I stink... 16 hr Stacelynn 1
Why are people in Fannin County so fat? (Feb '11) 21 hr Elmer 124
Blue Ridge Bagels May 26 Betty Bopster 4
Kiker May 25 really 5
More from around the web

Blue Ridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]