Christy Lee's Courtyard Grille in Blue Ridge, Georgia

Nov 3, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Associated Content

During a previous visit to Blue Ridge, Georgia, we drove by Christy Lee's Courtyard Grille a few times.

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Feb 6, 2012
You must be a NATIVE

Jasper, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 3, 2010

Judged:

High prices low end food. Poor service need we say more?
great

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Judged:

As an owner of another downtown restaurant , I have complete respect for the folks at Christie Lee's. The food is always exceptional, service is consistenly good , and atmosphere is relaxing. The owners and their son and daughter put their heart and soul into this restaurant to ensure their customers a great experience each time. They are not flawless, but make every effort to give superior customer service. My hats off to Christie Lee's. Glad you chose Blue Ridge
Loving the Mtns

Onalaska, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

Judged:

Christie Lee's is somewhat inconsistent with service and food. I would not say that every experience there has been great.
WRONG

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2010

great wrote:
As an owner of another downtown restaurant , I have complete respect for the folks at Christie Lee's. The food is always exceptional, service is consistenly good , and atmosphere is relaxing. The owners and their son and daughter put their heart and soul into this restaurant to ensure their customers a great experience each time. They are not flawless, but make every effort to give superior customer service. My hats off to Christie Lee's. Glad you chose Blue Ridge
Hello Christie..........
bad

Paonia, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 13, 2010

Judged:

its bad
love every bite

Blue Ridge, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

Judged:

The executive chef is an absolute doll and the waitresses are very consistent, the owner is constantly encouraging them to do their best and I respect her for that. I hope that Christy Lee's continues to excell and to make number 1 restaurant in Blue Ridge, Ga because they deserve it everyone there works very hard to maintain a wonderful clean and prompt environment. Thank you Bataglia Family =]
Local

Williston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 25, 2012

Judged:

love every bite wrote:
The executive chef is an absolute doll and the waitresses are very consistent, the owner is constantly encouraging them to do their best and I respect her for that. I hope that Christy Lee's continues to excell and to make number 1 restaurant in Blue Ridge, Ga because they deserve it everyone there works very hard to maintain a wonderful clean and prompt environment. Thank you Bataglia Family =]
This is HILARIOUS!!! I have seen the owner (female) talk to her wait staff like they were complete morons on more than one occasion, if that's her way of encouragement then I would hate to see her discipline!!! I like the food & service is so-so, but really what do people expect if there is NO training available for waitress/waiters. I don't know why the chamber or the high school, maybe even FLAG can't offer a training course.

I am a native local & I don't always agree w/everything that goes on, but if "tourism" is going to be the only "industry" that our leaders are going to pursue & support, then why don't they offer training in customer service????
ABA

Clearwater, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Judged:

About a year ago a friend and I were having lunch at Christy Lee's. When the owner came over to our table to ask if our hamburgers were OK. We told him that they were a little over done. In a flash he came back to our table with two steak sandwiches and refused to let us pay the bill. Clearly he did not have to do that. I think he takes pride in his work and is serious about making sure things are done right. It is hard not to respect that type of commitment.
Real American

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 27, 2012

Judged:

I have eaten there......little pricey but the food and atmosphere was good. The guy in the tux playing the piano was a little too much but I would go back for dinner with friends or a special occasion.
James

Blairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 28, 2012

Judged:

Local wrote:
<quoted text>
This is HILARIOUS!!! I have seen the owner (female) talk to her wait staff like they were complete morons on more than one occasion, if that's her way of encouragement then I would hate to see her discipline!!! I like the food & service is so-so, but really what do people expect if there is NO training available for waitress/waiters. I don't know why the chamber or the high school, maybe even FLAG can't offer a training course.
I am a native local & I don't always agree w/everything that goes on, but if "tourism" is going to be the only "industry" that our leaders are going to pursue & support, then why don't they offer training in customer service????
Tourism and industry have no business in the same paragraph. Our so called leaders in Fannin keep pushing for Tourism which is the reason theres no real industry in Blue Ridge. The days of shining shoes is over at least Blairsville is trying to get some industry with Advanced Digitial Cable..Corrugated Replacements..and several other establishments to come. The tourism dollars in Fannin only benefits a select few and employs even less.
Local Observer

Williston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Judged:

James wrote:
<quoted text>
Tourism and industry have no business in the same paragraph. Our so called leaders in Fannin keep pushing for Tourism which is the reason theres no real industry in Blue Ridge. The days of shining shoes is over at least Blairsville is trying to get some industry with Advanced Digitial Cable..Corrugated Replacements..and several other establishments to come. The tourism dollars in Fannin only benefits a select few and employs even less.
I'm not going to argue w/you. I don't think the 2 go together either, that's why I have those two words italicized! I personally think that our current local leaders are only concerned w/filling the coffers w/ more tax dollars that they can spend anyway they choose. I think we have the "tourism" down pat, at least compared to surrounding areas, so now it's time to start working on more industry to bring better paying jobs. I would like to know the REAL reason that Project Orchard decided to locate to another area. Our leaders could learn a lot from that entire debacle. I'm not ignorant either, we don't have the infrastructure to handle any industry. We don't have the traffic counts to support chain restaurants... I'm sure everyone remembers the whole mess where the 2 outgoing commissioners passed beer& wine by the glass on their way out of office, after they were the ones that put it in the hands of the citizens of this county to decide & after we decided "no", the cowards signed the law on the last day of their term!!! Anyway, what happened to all the nice places to eat & shop that the sale of beer & wine was to bring? Heck look at the city now, they passed liquor by the drink so all the chain restaurants would be opening up here.. Where are they???

I could go on & on about things like this. Our local govt is no different than the crooks,thieves & liars at the state & national levels!
lorac

Pell City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Please what is or was Project Orchard???
lorac

Pell City, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

I know people are upset with the mayor. But who are the people on the Development Authority and instead of putting blame on the mayor Why not contact the county Development Authority and find out what thier plans are and what they are doing to draw business to this area and does the school system have a Vo-Tech school??
Badger

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Judged:

"Anyway, what happened to all the nice places to eat & shop that the sale of beer & wine was to bring? "

Local Observer, there are a lot of nice places that are now serving beer, wine and liquor in Blue Ridge. These places are also paying more local and GA taxes. Blue Ridge will grow and proper in the next five years as long as the residents embrace change.
citizen

Hotchkiss, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Judged:

lorac wrote:
Please what is or was Project Orchard???
Project Orchard never existed. The property was bought, at an inflated price, to bail out one citizen with tax dollars.
Local Observer

Conley, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Badger wrote:
"Anyway, what happened to all the nice places to eat & shop that the sale of beer & wine was to bring? "
Local Observer, there are a lot of nice places that are now serving beer, wine and liquor in Blue Ridge. These places are also paying more local and GA taxes. Blue Ridge will grow and proper in the next five years as long as the residents embrace change.
Yes there are & I patronize these places, when I said "nice", I should've said chain, like Long Horn, Applebees, Red Lobster... No sale by the drink is the reason the leaders and people for beer & wine used to convince others why Fannin Co/Blue Ridge didn't have those types restaurants & that, as we all know just wasn't the truth!

I used to go to the commission & council meetings, but really just got aggravated at the lack of working together. Just like the parking garage, I don't want to start on that b/c there is already a thread started, but I just wish they would work together for the improvement for all...tourists, locals, 2nd home owners..... I haven't seen our current chairman at many BR city council meetings & that's just crazy to me why they can't work together! Until our leaders can become unified & ask voters what they would like to see, heck maybe even have them do a lot of leg work & investigating what's really on voter/constituient's minds. I've lived here my whole life, so I know that "it's always been this way"! Several years ago under Volrath's (2nd term after we voted him back in to the position that he vacated & cost the Co THOUSANDS for special elections!) he appointed committees to hold "town hall meetings" at all the different voting precincts... Great idea & things were really going smoothly, but there was no follow through. The groups that were meeting started to dwindle down b/c they saw that their ideas were falling on deaf ears. What good was I doing to have these "think-tank" meetings, but have no intentions of listening? Then the next commissioner continued these, but again, the ideas fell on deaf ears! These committees were formed to report back to the commissioners what was on voter's minds. It got comical when each year different people were appointed to these committees & each & every committee basically just the list from the very first group the "Fannin 5" & just added to their findings. To my knowledge, NOTHING was ever done or followed through with! The last committee's spokesperson was Lane Bishop, he may have gotten some things accomplished b/c he is relentless & doesn't just toss the towel in the way so many others before him.

I'm not picking on the city council/mayor in particular, b/c I think our commissioners are just as guilty for pursuing their own interests instead of their constituients' interests.
Local

Cleveland, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Does anyone on here know someone who works at the News Observer? I wish they would publish something about what happened with the purchase of the property on Hwy 5 across from Tri State EMC. If it was just a matter of family members helping each other out (because of their membership on various county boards), then I think we deserve to know the truth.
Local Observer

Williston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

Judged:

Local wrote:
Does anyone on here know someone who works at the News Observer? I wish they would publish something about what happened with the purchase of the property on Hwy 5 across from Tri State EMC. If it was just a matter of family members helping each other out (because of their membership on various county boards), then I think we deserve to know the truth.
I personally think it should be looked into by the Grand Jury! The news Observer is a joke, the Sentinel is a little less biased, but quite honestly... Until the VOTING taxpayers as a whole get together and start asking questions & seeking the TRUTH, then I'm afraid that this, like so many other things will just be swept under the rug! The only news media outlet that I have seen that doesn't mind whose toes they step on is Fetch Your News. It is an online based "newspaper", I don't think they are in print anywhere. They rely on social media(Facebook, twitter, email sharing, you tube) to spread the news. The web address is : www.fetchyournews.com They cover Fannin, Gilmer, & Pickens Counties. I haven't done a whole lot of research on them to see I they are willing to take on "old" news like Project Orchard, but they have video streams of the last commish meeting, where it is VERY obvious that Mr. Webb & Mr. Simmonds are early not working together for the continued growth of our county. There is also a story on what really went on at the city council's workshop. They don't just record these meetings & take down names & take a few pictures. They have a video camera and audio, so you can see exactly what goes on... Not just someone's recap of what they saw & heard!

Maybe Fetch Your News is the place to start, I am sure there is contact info so you can at least ask if they would be willing to investigate Project Orchard!
just me

Middleton, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2012

Judged:

great wrote:
BULLSHIT!!!!! lmao you ARE the owner or employee of christy lees..... and the 1st comment was on the money they are RUDE and HIGH PRICED.... we stopped to eat there because we had never eatten there before and we sat down ordered drinks and the waitress was so rude we paid for our drinks and walked out...CHRISTY LEES SUCKS ASS!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's this world coming to? 11 hr Twister 4
What the HECK happened to the three stooges?? 11 hr Gary 4
from cinemas to brewery 11 hr Kevin 12
To the mature moms who are bored (Jul '12) 17 hr seemed the thing ... 42
Bobbie Jo Seabolt is a FAKE Facebook!! 18 hr Nancy 1
Most Annoying People 18 hr WTF 2
Your feelings on the shooting in Ferguson, MO 19 hr WTF 8

Search the Blue Ridge Forum:
•••

Blue Ridge News Video