Posted in the Blue Ridge Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Joe Hinton

Blue Ridge, GA

#1 Mar 26, 2011
To whom it may concern,

Should one have his own messenger owl and magic wand before enrolling in a program at Delphi University, or are these provided by the school? Additionally, are the collected works of J.K. Rowling required reading? I ask this in all honesty because I'm seeing a tremendous similarity between this alleged institution and Hogwarts Academy.

Have an illuminated day,
Joseph Vincent Hinton
Lit Chick 22

Blue Ridge, GA

#2 Mar 26, 2011
Joe Hinton wrote:
To whom it may concern,
Should one have his own messenger owl and magic wand before enrolling in a program at Delphi University, or are these provided by the school? Additionally, are the collected works of J.K. Rowling required reading? I ask this in all honesty because I'm seeing a tremendous similarity between this alleged institution and Hogwarts Academy.
Have an illuminated day,
Joseph Vincent Hinton
Sweet! Harry Potter is God, and I'm his disciple!
Voldemort

Blue Ridge, GA

#3 Mar 26, 2011
You hapless fools! Do you think attending this real life Hogwarts will enable you to overcome my dark powers? Your work at Delphi will only enable you channel the darkness to reach the light! Only if you allow this vast darkness to ravage your very being to a spiritual climax will your countenance be tinged with the orgasmic afterglow of true enlightenment. Then you will realize that I am the Cosmic One!
Disciple

Blue Ridge, GA

#4 Mar 26, 2011
Joe Hinton wrote:
To whom it may concern,
Have an illuminated day,
Joseph Vincent Hinton
You have no clue what you are talking about. I would not show any disrespect to those affiliated with Delphi University. Their ability to focus their energies in such a way that they become spiritual conduits capable of channelling the knowledge and power of the astral plain could prove disastrous for their detractors. Delphi produces well trained, loving metaphysical healers capable of working much good in the planetary sphere. Therefore, let's encourage the work they do rather than disparage it. I greatly fear anyone who could potential affect our relationship with the astral world. We should pray that these keepers of spiritual harmony are unhindered in their mission, especially by the likes of childish pranksters like you.
Disciple

Blue Ridge, GA

#5 Mar 26, 2011
Disciple wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no clue what you are talking about. I would not show any disrespect to those affiliated with Delphi University. Their ability to focus their energies in such a way that they become spiritual conduits capable of channelling the knowledge and power of the astral plain could prove disastrous for their detractors. Delphi produces well trained, loving metaphysical healers capable of working much good in the planetary sphere. Therefore, let's encourage the work they do rather than disparage it. I greatly fear anyone who could potential affect our relationship with the astral world. We should pray that these keepers of spiritual harmony are unhindered in their mission, especially by the likes of childish pranksters like you.
Step right up, folks. Step right up and witness an utter curiosity. Behold! the ranting,demon-possessed lunatic native to the lush, pine forests of 666 Old Silver Mine Road! Boy, there is full of it and then there's REALLY full of it. The next thing you know they'll be talking about space aliens and flying saucers and how to communicate with the mother ship.

Have an illuminated day,
Joseph Vincent Hinton
fishhunter33

Blue Ridge, GA

#6 Mar 26, 2011
Micah 5:12
And I will cut off witchcrafts out of thine hand; and thou shalt have no more soothsayers:
The bible is full of this cults but they where cut off by God and where found to be evil. But you can only be what you are. Im a christian by birth through Jesus christ. I know who my father is and his work i shall do. So does Delphi. They know who there father is and his work they shall do. You cant help who you are. John 8:44
Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Luke Skywalker

Paonia, CO

#7 Mar 27, 2011
Don't make me whip out my light sabre!!!
Food For Thought

Richmond, KY

#8 Mar 27, 2011
Luke Skywalker wrote:
Don't make me whip out my light sabre!!!
Good tongue in cheek reply, Luke! Seems a lot of religious folks want to judge everyone escept themselves. We all have such big beams in our own eyes that it is impossible to see clearly enough to pick the splinters out of our neighbor's eyes but yet some have to try anyway. Seems they just can't help themselves. Kind of a holdover from the smug attitudes of the Pharisees and Sadduces of Jesus' day...do you think? Guess God will have a "heyday" when the time comes for Him to judge us all. Guess we all had better clean up our acts...me included!
Phoenix

Blue Ridge, GA

#9 Mar 27, 2011
It is fascinating how you identify the fallacies of the modern Pharisees, yet in identifying their shortcomings, do you not accomplish the same objective as they, albeit in a more humble manner. Both on this thread and the other exhaustively long thread dedicated to this group of individuals, it seems that none, regardless of his theological position, new age, Christian, satirist, can offer convincing arguments in favor of his understanding of the divine. This leads to the inevitable conclusion that the views spouted through these sites are little more than empty rhetoric. The most outrageous claims that I've encountered here are those that present a particular religious perspective as containing divine truths, and yet the proponent refuses to stand on them as such. Instead they relegate all matters of judgement of truth and falsehood, moral right and wrong, to a future divine judgement. Thus, how can one stand on anything such systems teach about false and true teachings, moral behaviors, and even salvation that derive from such theologies?
Food For Thought

United States

#10 Mar 28, 2011
Phoenix wrote:
It is fascinating how you identify the fallacies of the modern Pharisees, yet in identifying their shortcomings, do you not accomplish the same objective as they, albeit in a more humble manner. Both on this thread and the other exhaustively long thread dedicated to this group of individuals, it seems that none, regardless of his theological position, new age, Christian, satirist, can offer convincing arguments in favor of his understanding of the divine. This leads to the inevitable conclusion that the views spouted through these sites are little more than empty rhetoric. The most outrageous claims that I've encountered here are those that present a particular religious perspective as containing divine truths, and yet the proponent refuses to stand on them as such. Instead they relegate all matters of judgement of truth and falsehood, moral right and wrong, to a future divine judgement. Thus, how can one stand on anything such systems teach about false and true teachings, moral behaviors, and even salvation that derive from such theologies?
The "modern Pharisees" demonstrate their own fallicies as do we all..you and I included. Things really haven't changed much since Jesus walked the earth as far as human attitudes are concerned. Many folks think they...and only they know the mind of God and seem determined to shove their narrow views down the unwilling throats of others. This world is probably billions of years old and yet people who live an average of 70 to 80 short years (a mere eyeblink in the sands of time)somehow convince themselves that they know everything about everything. Seems kind of presumptous and really kind of sad. To believe that we...and only we...can fathom the extent and depth of a Creator who made universes and eveything in them, who provided the necessities for all creatures in His creation to survive and prosper, and who created a breathing, sometimes thinking, human being with all the complexities that must have been involved is a bit beyond the pale. Maybe it is time for us to really learn what it means to love God and love our neighbors instead of just loving ourselves and making this world we live in a better place as Jesus suggested.
JimT

Blue Ridge, GA

#11 Mar 29, 2011
Delphi is a hell pit in Mccaysville!!
philosopher

Blue Ridge, GA

#12 Mar 31, 2011
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."

Edmund Burke
Food For Thought

Covington, LA

#13 Apr 1, 2011
philosopher wrote:
Edmund Burke
And, unfortunately, that is exactly what too many of them do.
Carl

Copperhill, TN

#14 Apr 1, 2011
philosopher wrote:
Edmund Burke
What do you mean?
philosopher

Blue Ridge, GA

#15 Apr 2, 2011
Just what it says.
good ole boy

Blue Ridge, GA

#16 Apr 8, 2011
whats the difference between a delphi enlightenment guru and a average Jo who works septic pump job ?
answer:
they both make a lot of money moving waste
wondering

Onalaska, WA

#17 Apr 12, 2011
Not to appear stupid, BUT I have never heard of Delphi,what is it and where is it??? I honestly have never heard of it.. thank you
Sean

Blue Ridge, GA

#18 Apr 29, 2011
Given that May Day is just around the corner, I wonder if there will be some kind of festival at Delphi or at other locations around North GA?
Tell The Truth

Charlotte, NC

#19 Apr 29, 2011
Sean wrote:
Given that May Day is just around the corner, I wonder if there will be some kind of festival at Delphi or at other locations around North GA?
Sure is! I hear everone is invited to meet and greet the "Merry Month of May" by singing hymns and dancing aroud the flagpole. All you Baptists out there are invited to join in the fun! Whoopee!!
Rick

United States

#20 May 1, 2011
Tell The Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure is! I hear everone is invited to meet and greet the "Merry Month of May" by singing hymns and dancing aroud the flagpole. All you Baptists out there are invited to join in the fun! Whoopee!!
Sounds like a regular fertility festival. I bet that'll get messy quickly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal Immigration 2 hr Timmy_ 3
TDS internet problems. Please call. (May '15) 2 hr Miller 4
Re-Elect Lamar Paris 2016 2 hr Advocate4Clean 390
soccer coaches 2 hr Tough Love 2
BRMEMC Director Candidates 3 hr Tough Love 39
tj maxx Mon Natasha 8
Now Hiring Aug 27 Lala 1

Blue Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance