your views on DFACs
teacher

Williston, SC

#21 Apr 15, 2011
The Flyin_Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are clueless on how the Department of Family and Children services work.BTW you might want to educate yourself a little more on your own grammar and spelling.Pot calling the kettle black there educator![Lol]
I really don't have a dog in this fight but was reading everyone's comments and other than an obvious typo where the writer failed to add an 's' to the word "themselve" in the last sentence, I could find no errors. "Flying Truth", Could you please point them out? I did notice you fail to space between sentences. You also have included a cliche' that needs better punctuation and structure in order to be a clear sentence. It really doesn't matter as this is just a forum for silly little things like "BTW",(lol), and other immature scribblings. It isn't expected to be filled with formal narratives. I only commented because I couldn't find the errors you alluded to.
Flyin_truth

Onalaska, WA

#22 Apr 15, 2011
teacher wrote:
<quoted text>I really don't have a dog in this fight but was reading everyone's comments and other than an obvious typo where the writer failed to add an 's' to the word "themselve" in the last sentence, I could find no errors. "Flying Truth", Could you please point them out? I did notice you fail to space between sentences. You also have included a cliche' that needs better punctuation and structure in order to be a clear sentence. It really doesn't matter as this is just a forum for silly little things like "BTW",(lol), and other immature scribblings. It isn't expected to be filled with formal narratives. I only commented because I couldn't find the errors you alluded to.
Bite me
teacher

Williston, SC

#23 Apr 15, 2011
Flyin_truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Bite me
Ouch! I'm devastated, I'm hurt, I'm hysterical! You speak with such maturity and professionalism that I will certainly listen to anything you have to say in the future with honest and thoughtful consideration. Your opinion has gained great respect with your latest comment and I'm sure you have the attention of all who read your very insightful and wise words. DFACS should be honored to have you as their defender as you represent them well.
rebel mama

United States

#24 Apr 28, 2011
they dont care about ne thing they r a joke
Tell The Truth

Charlotte, NC

#25 Apr 29, 2011
My views on DFACS? Hmmm. Tough job...low pay...understaffed...and trying to deal with a lot of folks in Fannin (and other counties) who mistreat their children and lie about it. Some of these poor kids would be better off in state run orphanages where at least they could get an education, good food, and not be mistreated.
The Truth Hurts

Blue Ridge, GA

#26 May 9, 2011
If you are a young person wrongfully accused of being neglectful of your child, they will not believe anything you say. They will just try and strong arm you to take your child away and place them with the no-good grandparents that filed the false report to begin with. And if you barely provide for your kids, physically and emotionally abuse them, get reported by the school and run the investigating caseworker off with a shotgun(aforementioned no-good grandparent), they forget all about you.
True story. Much water under the bridge, but it's still going on much like this today. Kind meek people get railroaded, whilst cunning jerks continue to have there way. Sad world we live in.
just sayin

Vidalia, GA

#27 May 10, 2011
I found out how traumatic it can be for the child and the parent when a claim is made against them. I have very definitely not ever hurt or abused my children. I was sometimes accused by friends and family of being overprotective--and in the eyes of the world, I was. But, I did not EVER abuse nor neglect my children. A former friend decided to get back at me because I chose to stop a relationship that was not good for my family. That person called DEFACS and told some lies. They had to investigate. I had to pay for physical exams and get a letter from the pediatrician showing that my children had been seen by him regularly for years and that there had never been any reason to suspect abuse and that there was no sign of such now.

The thing that disgusted me most about the whole thing-in addition to the fact that anyone can traumatize a child from revenge and get away with it--was that once that claim is made you are not ever cleared. We received a letter stating that the file was closed because there was no supporting evidence--but implying that it could be opened again. grrrrrrrrr.

I do understand that now it is illegal to make false claims and that the person doing so can be prosecuted. Unfortunately, that would just tear a family up for longer.

I understand that there are some children who really are being abused and there has to be a way to get help for them--but it should not be so easy to harm innocent people.
nana

Onalaska, WA

#28 Jun 13, 2011
candy taylor, got what was coming to her, and the rest will too, what go a round comes around the only thing i hate is that i did not get to whip her ass.now maybe she will know that her true colors come out they all ways do and they truly dont live in a glass house, like they want you to think i think dfacs sux, way to go candy, lmao, that you are not all that and a bowl of oats you have hurt a lot of people
unfortunately

Copperhill, TN

#29 Jun 17, 2011
please!!!!!because they do their job's and something bad happens, this was not right what she did. but they do more good than bad. don't judge everyone by one person. lot's of good things do come from dfcs so why are so many people depending on them. oh, when people need something they are the best in the world and if things don't go their way, for some people they just get mad and right on topix what they would like to do.
good grief

Williston, SC

#30 Jun 18, 2011
unfortunately wrote:
please!!!!!because they do their job's and something bad happens, this was not right what she did. but they do more good than bad. don't judge everyone by one person. lot's of good things do come from dfcs so why are so many people depending on them. oh, when people need something they are the best in the world and if things don't go their way, for some people they just get mad and right on topix what they would like to do.
Get a clue
good grief

Williston, SC

#31 Jun 18, 2011
just sayin wrote:
I found out how traumatic it can be for the child and the parent when a claim is made against them. I have very definitely not ever hurt or abused my children. I was sometimes accused by friends and family of being overprotective--and in the eyes of the world, I was. But, I did not EVER abuse nor neglect my children. A former friend decided to get back at me because I chose to stop a relationship that was not good for my family. That person called DEFACS and told some lies. They had to investigate. I had to pay for physical exams and get a letter from the pediatrician showing that my children had been seen by him regularly for years and that there had never been any reason to suspect abuse and that there was no sign of such now.
The thing that disgusted me most about the whole thing-in addition to the fact that anyone can traumatize a child from revenge and get away with it--was that once that claim is made you are not ever cleared. We received a letter stating that the file was closed because there was no supporting evidence--but implying that it could be opened again. grrrrrrrrr.
I do understand that now it is illegal to make false claims and that the person doing so can be prosecuted. Unfortunately, that would just tear a family up for longer.
I understand that there are some children who really are being abused and there has to be a way to get help for them--but it should not be so easy to harm innocent people.
I agree.
nana

Onalaska, WA

#32 Jun 21, 2011
each to their own opinion, but candy taylor, is a jerk, and maby now she will know that her sh!t does stink, and her title o well if she was all that then why was she stealing, but that what gets me they think they are so good , well that funny i by my own food and work for it and dont hurt no one ,and i am no better than no one but you better know i am just as good and would love to go one on one with her any day, just my opinion
what

Mineral Bluff, GA

#34 Jul 9, 2011
indeed wrote:
For the most part it's one of the biggest money rackets (besides probation) that exists.
DFCS does not collect money you moron! If you had to pay child support because you lost you kid because you were abusive or neglectful then you pay to child support recovery in Ellijay. They take your money...but like most you probably didn't pay a cent. So you think that DFCS gets a commission for each child the judge orders into state's custody???? What an uniformed nutsack. The meth has obviously dropped your IQ down 2 points to a resopunding 65! Back of the short bus for you Einstien!
what

Mineral Bluff, GA

#35 Jul 9, 2011
nana wrote:
each to their own opinion, but candy taylor, is a jerk, and maby now she will know that her sh!t does stink, and her title o well if she was all that then why was she stealing, but that what gets me they think they are so good , well that funny i by my own food and work for it and dont hurt no one ,and i am no better than no one but you better know i am just as good and would love to go one on one with her any day, just my opinion
My God what poor written language skills you have. Is the Waffle House now employing the severely disabled????
nana

Onalaska, WA

#36 Jul 10, 2011
hey what, is that why you have latrine duty, it is all over your face. next time wash your face and hand, before touching your moms keyboard , i would just play in traffic, i dont think you would be missed.i still say dfacs sucks. you must do their commodes too. lol you are so full of it, have a good day .
voter in fannin

Copperhill, TN

#37 Jul 17, 2011
so much for candy taylor, she did do it we all know that!!!
Teacher

Mineral Bluff, GA

#38 Jul 18, 2011
nana wrote:
hey what, is that why you have latrine duty, it is all over your face. next time wash your face and hand, before touching your moms keyboard , i would just play in traffic, i dont think you would be missed.i still say dfacs sucks. you must do their commodes too. lol you are so full of it, have a good day .
WEll "nana" you must be a section 8 discharge from the military since you opted for the word Latrine. Not a usual word unless you have been associated with the armed forces. I suppose you could have been a military brat as well. Anyway.....if you got your rights terminated then you can never be a parent to those several children ever again. Look in the mirror at the rotten or missing teeth. And don't overlook the needle tracks and pock marks on your pretty guant face. Please learn to spell. An occasional error works, but come on...... also it is DFCS not "DFACS". Put on your one piece and get into the shallow end of the gene pool. You will have plenty of company. And you will likely be able to have a family reunion.

“under the influence”

Since: Jul 11

Epworth, GA

#39 Jul 18, 2011
I personally think it is a great that someone from the homeless shelter is being given an opportunity to start over.. we all know that in this day and time it doesn't take much to become homeless. A well educated person can end up on the streets easily..

I have never had to deal with dfacs on a personal level to do with my kids so I can not speak from that experience.

However, someone told me that they had done something to a 9 yr old girl and I reported that to dfacs with only the basic info I had and they did respond and get the information to the dfacs in the correct county and to the detectives.. so in my experience they did do a good job.
My experience

Blue Ridge, GA

#40 Jul 22, 2011
I have worked with DFCS personal in various facets for years. First of all DFCS is not just 'child protective services' which is what all these posts seem to be about. Second - DFCS workers have to be 'on call' always (not all of them, they rotate call times) Third - They have enforced 'furlough' days which is a way of saying 'we're not paying you for the day so don't work' But they did not lighten work load, just the hours it must be completed in. Fourth - they have lots of mandatory trainings to comply with seemingly arbitrary new rules or ways of doing things. Fifth - they DO have to seriously investigate every allegation. If they only report comes from a relative trying to gain custody of course they will need other evidence supporting those allegations. Sixth - Some workers are great, some are lousy just like every other institution. Seventh - a lot of the really stupid stuff comes from 'above' the local workers. Eighth - a lot of the really stupid stuff comes from local and is blamed on the state. Ninth - NO one is immune from an investigation. Tenth - Being innocent does not mean you will be found innocent....
Conclusion: Most do the best they can in the time they have available. Some do not and give the rest a bad name.
My experience

Blue Ridge, GA

#41 Jul 22, 2011
OOPS Personnel not personal. Sorry, its late and I didn't catch my mistake.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
THAT Falling Apart Decrepit Trailer 33 min Orchard Annie 67
Oracle 6 hr Oracle 1
Tim Evans corrupt borough Mar 24 LOL 3
Blue Ridge Ga Walmart disappointment (Jun '14) Mar 23 a fan of yours 168
Muslims in Fannin or Union Counties? Mar 23 Fed Up 3
Escape to Blue Ridge Cabin Rentals -Pamela Miracle Mar 22 mTb 4
Wendy Averrett Mar 21 Mr Hardup 2

Blue Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance