????
INFO

Blue Ridge, GA

#2 Feb 5, 2011
They suck!!!
indeed

Ellijay, GA

#3 Feb 5, 2011
For the most part it's one of the biggest money rackets (besides probation) that exists.
booker

United States

#4 Feb 5, 2011
they are mostly helpful and correct 60% of the time but a whopping 40% of the time they are wrong and harmful..

a very high rate of innocent people being hurt and harmed..

so best to never put oneself in situations that will bring their 60%-40% analysis and one has to be very smart not to get in situations..so this will work as a filter and only the wise will survive

the population will start to really thin out and only the MOST wise will be left standing..
wondering

Williston, SC

#5 Mar 11, 2011
How much education is required and what are other qualifications needed to get a job there?
just me

Mossyrock, WA

#6 Mar 12, 2011
lol 1 of the ones that worked in front came from the homeless shelter... so that pretty much sums it up...but then u dont have to be einstien to answer a phone,but they need to get ""outsiders" "to work at local DEFACS because there is to much "personal" favors gpoing on everywhere,and if u dont know the person personally u can do an unbiased job...
local resident

United States

#7 Mar 12, 2011
J.Rice is a joke!
fannin native

Mossyrock, WA

#8 Mar 12, 2011
so is joanie stewart..
local resident

United States

#9 Mar 12, 2011
I wish they would get some workers in there that gave a damn and do the job they are hired for it! My family adopted 2 kids and she us supposed to make a yearly visit for the kids Medicare and she has been saying she is going to come out for over 3 months now.
tax payer

Blue Ridge, GA

#10 Mar 26, 2011
dfcs does agreat job!!!!!!!!!!
people are just mad because they have to work with them, who's fault is that the dfcs workers or your's.take care of your kids and you will not have to worry about them knocking on your door!!!
The Flyin Truth_ Lol

Onalaska, WA

#11 Mar 27, 2011
tax payer wrote:
dfcs does agreat job!!!!!!!!!!
people are just mad because they have to work with them, who's fault is that the dfcs workers or your's.take care of your kids and you will not have to worry about them knocking on your door!!!
Well to a point you could be correct but for those who may not realize that DEFACS must check out all reports that come into them wheither they are ligament or not.So taxpayer they could knock on your door if your reported,just sayin...
Now that's not saying your at fault but ever report must be checked out and that my friend runs into the tax payer's dollar.The problem therefore lies within the society and not with DEFACS because we all know that more then half reports coming into DEFACS may or may not be ligament and which one's are is up to the DEFACS worker who must check out each and every case and this is only ONE of the services provided by DEFACS.However if DEFACS comes a knockin taxpayer chances are you will not think they are so great anymore.{LOl
tax payer

Blue Ridge, GA

#12 Apr 3, 2011
i have never had them knock at my door, i dont have children. but they do a good job.they do offer many services and where would people be in this day and time with out dfcs?????????? dfcs is never ment to hurt people just help them. i know some of the workers at dfcs and they are always nice. like i said some people just get mad when a report is made on them. even if the report is not true they are just doing their job, that is what the state requires of them, and oh yes you do have to have a degree to even apply for a job, even the front desk has education in the field they work at. all of the child protective workers have to have college this day and time. i praise all of the dfcs workers because they all do a great job. there is always people that hate others for some reason or another.like i said if they come knockin and you are doing nothing wrong dont worry about it.every county in the state needs services , and fannin co. dfcs is willing to help anyone. so let's not be to tough on them.
HotMomma85

Hartwell, GA

#13 Apr 7, 2011
Joan Stewart was a good help to me. She's tuff but she knows what she's talking about. She ain't no joke!!!!
EDUCATED Fannin county

Jasper, GA

#14 Apr 7, 2011
I would say that these last few positive posts in support of DFACS were written by those very persons mentioned and they are funny. Thanks for the effort and the laughs. It is a tough job and a lot of responsibilty which is why it should be dealt with in a more responsible manner. Case Managers need to be people who can think for themselves, use common sense, good judgement, and double check their information before exerting their power to change a child's life. DFACS is a neccessary evil and in a perfect world that is how things would be done. Here in Fannin, not such a perfect world, and not such dedicated efforts. There are many DFACS workers who do take their job seriously and do go that extra mile to make sure they are doing the right thing, unfortunately, there are also those workers who just see themselves as someone with the power to do whatever they want without serious or thoughtful regard to the final outcome. Power without education, integrity, compassion, or common sense, is a dangerous thing. Everyone should be evaluated individually and that includes DFACS employees and usually in the end the truth is there for all to see. If you think you had good service, then good for you. Not everyone has. And for the record, I wouldn't have their job, too much power, too much stress, and too little pay, but somebody has to do it and some do it well. It's those who have no clue what they are doing that gives DFACS such a bad reputation. The truly sad thing is, that the really bad workers haven't got a clue that they are sheeple just doing what they are told without any thought of thinking for themselves and going that extra mile to make sure they are taking children away from their parents for good reason or that they are placing them in good foster homes and not just with warm bodies because they have no other place to put them. On another note, a couple of them also need to educate themselve in grammar, spelling, and avoiding gossip.
Concerned Parent

Jasper, GA

#15 Apr 7, 2011
Why can their employees get away with leaving vital information on clients at peoples places of work and still have a job? What would happen if they were not as honest and published all this information. Apparently they are not too concerned since noone there including kathy Henson has done a thing about it.
wondering 2

Jasper, GA

#16 Apr 7, 2011
wondering wrote:
How much education is required and what are other qualifications needed to get a job there?
Ability to lie withour remorse, although you do not have to know how to count or read or write.
bystander

Mossyrock, WA

#17 Apr 8, 2011
a man seen molesting a child,in my opinion he would be guilty,he WAS SEEN in the act,BUT our great DEFACS brushed it under a rug because the guy was a "friend" so that tells you DEFACS here is a JOKE!!!!
Small Town

Onalaska, WA

#18 Apr 10, 2011
DFACS employees if there is a case were the workers know the family they will do anything to cover up what is really going on they all lie there. They will lie to your face just to shut you up. Small town corruption at its BEST.
The Flyin_Truth

Onalaska, WA

#19 Apr 11, 2011
EDUCATED Fannin county wrote:
I would say that these last few positive posts in support of DFACS were written by those very persons mentioned and they are funny. Thanks for the effort and the laughs. It is a tough job and a lot of responsibly which is why it should be dealt with in a more responsible manner. Case Managers need to be people who can think for themselves, use common sense, good judgement, and double check their information before exerting their power to change a child's life. DFACS is a neccessary evil and in a perfect world that is how things would be done. Here in Fannin, not such a perfect world, and not such dedicated efforts. There are many DFACS workers who do take their job seriously and do go that extra mile to make sure they are doing the right thing, unfortunately, there are also those workers who just see themselves as someone with the power to do whatever they want without serious or thoughtful regard to the final outcome. Power without education, integrity, compassion, or common sense, is a dangerous thing. Everyone should be evaluated individually and that includes DFACS employees and usually in the end the truth is there for all to see. If you think you had good service, then good for you. Not everyone has. And for the record, I wouldn't have their job, too much power, too much stress, and too little pay, but somebody has to do it and some do it well. It's those who have no clue what they are doing that gives DFACS such a bad reputation. The truly sad thing is, that the really bad workers haven't got a clue that they are sheeple just doing what they are told without any thought of thinking for themselves and going that extra mile to make sure they are taking children away from their parents for good reason or that they are placing them in good foster homes and not just with warm bodies because they have no other place to put them. On another note, a couple of them also need to educate themselve in grammar, spelling, and avoiding gossip.
After reading your opinion on how you think the department of family and children's services [SHOULD BE HANDLED] is touching but it is also clear that you really are clueless because each and every report is investigated.That's not saying the child is ripped from it's parent's arms simply from rumor or gossip and as far as trying to educate others on how DAFACs handles the reports coming into the office you really are clueless.BTW,before you comment on other people's spelling and grammar you might want to work on yours.[Lol]
The Flyin_Truth

Onalaska, WA

#20 Apr 11, 2011
EDUCATED Fannin county wrote:
I would say that these last few positive posts in support of DFACS were written by those very persons mentioned and they are funny. Thanks for the effort and the laughs. It is a tough job and a lot of responsibilty which is why it should be dealt with in a more responsible manner. Case Managers need to be people who can think for themselves, use common sense, good judgement, and double check their information before exerting their power to change a child's life. DFACS is a neccessary evil and in a perfect world that is how things would be done. Here in Fannin, not such a perfect world, and not such dedicated efforts. There are many DFACS workers who do take their job seriously and do go that extra mile to make sure they are doing the right thing, unfortunately, there are also those workers who just see themselves as someone with the power to do whatever they want without serious or thoughtful regard to the final outcome. Power without education, integrity, compassion, or common sense, is a dangerous thing. Everyone should be evaluated individually and that includes DFACS employees and usually in the end the truth is there for all to see. If you think you had good service, then good for you. Not everyone has. And for the record, I wouldn't have their job, too much power, too much stress, and too little pay, but somebody has to do it and some do it well. It's those who have no clue what they are doing that gives DFACS such a bad reputation. The truly sad thing is, that the really bad workers haven't got a clue that they are sheeple just doing what they are told without any thought of thinking for themselves and going that extra mile to make sure they are taking children away from their parents for good reason or that they are placing them in good foster homes and not just with warm bodies because they have no other place to put them. On another note, a couple of them also need to educate themselve in grammar, spelling, and avoiding gossip.
You really are clueless on how the Department of Family and Children services work.BTW you might want to educate yourself a little more on your own grammar and spelling.Pot calling the kettle black there educator![Lol]

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rebel flags in town is also a joke 22 min Nick Rogers 103
New football coach is a joke 7 hr Resident 22
Mark seven auto plex (Jun '13) 9 hr bubba 30
Hair dressers 12 hr Dixie 6
Lawyers 12 hr idiots on this pa... 18
whistle stop 20 hr Caz67 Fan 20
THOTS Blue Ridge 21 hr Melvin 2
•••

Blue Ridge News Video

•••