salty saddlebags

Athlone, Ireland

#1 Aug 14, 2013
Coming to blueridge for a 2 week vacation,just wondering is there things to do and see around the place?are people friendly?

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#2 Aug 14, 2013
salty saddlebags wrote:
are people friendly?
Well, sure. So long as you're not, black, gay, lesbian,a foreigner,
Live on cherry log mountain, suggest change, a tourist, or From FloriDAH or Atlanta, you will be fine!

As far as things to do there, we just scratched the surface of things to do there and we were busy for a week.. Lots of hiking, tubing (so long as you don't upset a certain local)fishing, beautiful things to see.. Its a very pretty town...
LaForte Fan

Blue Ridge, GA

#3 Aug 14, 2013
salty saddlebags wrote:
Coming to blueridge for a 2 week vacation,just wondering is there things to do and see around the place?are people friendly?
Saddlebags? Horses or motorcycles? Great places to ride either.
Nick-A-Jack

Marietta, GA

#4 Aug 14, 2013
Club 515 is like HIV. It's the gift that keeps on giving
SoGal

Blue Ridge, GA

#5 Aug 14, 2013
salty saddlebags wrote:
Yes, people are friendly, however, you could not tell by this website.=)

For things to do, go to this website. It's a list of things to do with children. Even if you're not traveling with kids, it will provide you with a lot of good ideas.

http://www.blueridgemountains.com/35_fun_thin...

Enjoy! Blue Ridge is a beautiful place. You may not want to leave.

Location hidden

#6 Aug 15, 2013
SoGal wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, people are friendly, however, you could not tell by this website.=)
For things to do, go to this website. It's a list of things to do with children. Even if you're not traveling with kids, it will provide you with a lot of good ideas.
http://www.blueridgemountains.com/35_fun_thin...
Enjoy! Blue Ridge is a beautiful place. You may not want to leave.
Aint that the truth! We came for a week, bought a house and even had to pay more to get the one we wanted LOL...

Yeah, people are friendly there, its one of the things I enjoyed about the town.
My post was really tongue in cheek after reading this board..
Though I think even the mean spirited people on here, would be totally different in real life. Its easy to be a key board warrior, giving your opinion on a forum and hiding behind a user name :)

Location hidden

#7 Aug 15, 2013
salty saddlebags wrote:
Curious, are you really from Dublin Ireland or using a proxi?
Just using the term "coming on 'Vacation'" was weird, because the Irish would say they were "coming on holidays" they don't use the word vacation, when referring to going away.:)
caljones

Ellijay, GA

#8 Aug 15, 2013
Caz67 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just using the term "coming on 'Vacation'" was weird, because the Irish would say they were "coming on holidays" they don't use the word vacation, when referring to going away.:)
unusual hijack. having once lived in the land of spanglish for 30+ years, never find myself giving a second thought to linguistically mutilated idioms :))
Shug22

Dawsonville, GA

#9 Aug 15, 2013
I used to stay in a cabin in Morganton called Lil Bear for $125 a night. It was all by itself and had a stream beside it. 2 story with a hot tub on the deck. Was it sold or what, I cant find a listing for it anymore. Last there in 2006
Blue Ridge Resident

Blue Ridge, GA

#10 Aug 16, 2013
Caz67 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, sure. So long as you're not, black, gay, lesbian,a foreigner,
Live on cherry log mountain, suggest change, a tourist, or From FloriDAH or Atlanta, you will be fine!
As far as things to do there, we just scratched the surface of things to do there and we were busy for a week.. Lots of hiking, tubing (so long as you don't upset a certain local)fishing, beautiful things to see.. Its a very pretty town...
For some of these things I hope we keep that reputation.

Location hidden

#11 Aug 16, 2013
No doubt!
salty saddlebags

Cork, Ireland

#12 Sep 7, 2013
Caz67 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm from Galway Ireland,I'm coming to blueridge in two weeks for a holiday,the scenery look great there,can't wait
Galloway

Ellijay, GA

#13 Sep 8, 2013
Hey, my ancestors came to the US from Galway Ireland many, many years ago. There are a lot of Galloway's in Blue Ridge and the surrounding towns in Fannin County.
salty saddlebags

Cork, Ireland

#14 Sep 8, 2013
Galloway wrote:
Hey, my ancestors came to the US from Galway Ireland many, many years ago. There are a lot of Galloway's in Blue Ridge and the surrounding towns in Fannin County.
yes I know a few galloways around here,I'm sure the ones I know could well be distant relations from you,I didn't know a lot of galloways live around blueridge,I'm looking forward to the kayaking and mountain biking when I get there

Location hidden

#15 Sep 9, 2013
salty saddlebags wrote:
<quoted text>I'm from Galway Ireland,I'm coming to blueridge in two weeks for a holiday,the scenery look great there,can't wait
My mom was a Galway, Im of Irish decent, with a lot thrown in to the mix LOL.. My favorite port is Galway pipe.. MMM, not had it in a long time, its really strong but yummy..

You will like Blue ridge, doesn't really matter, which way you turn your head, there is something pretty to see.. If you have a FB page, like
"All aboard Blueridge" They post some beautiful pictures on there.

I saw a post you made in the Irish pub thread, I think you know the owner? So that will be nice to have somebody show you around. I love it there and feel blessed to be moving there in January..
Hope you have a great time :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BoonDocks 12 hr Bruno Tattaglia 6
3 Floridiots busted; "evacuees" from Hurricane ... 15 hr Stop lying 2
Sybil Denise Bellew (Dec '12) Fri South will NOT ri... 76
Still proud of your President? Fri Prouder 208
Haunted Places in Fannin (Sep '11) Fri Beth 119
Jan Eaton (Jul '15) Sep 20 Sheez 18
Anyone know this girl? works at Pizza Hut in Bl... Sep 19 The Duke Of Earl 5

Blue Ridge Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance