Smith: Fall mountain visit leaves one...

Smith: Fall mountain visit leaves one pondering the future

There are 20 comments on the Athens Banner-Herald story from Nov 12, 2017, titled Smith: Fall mountain visit leaves one pondering the future. In it, Athens Banner-Herald reports that:

This mountain community at the intersection of Georgia Highways 197 and 255 in Habersham County is where a rest stop and a survey of the landscape can lift or disappoint the emotions. In years past, visitors would be passionate about the turning of leaves and while the views are not as good as memory serves, they are not God-awful.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Athens Banner-Herald.

Mr Snyder

Columbus, GA

#1 Nov 27, 2017
This guy obviously does not know Georgia.
My Mother was born in January in 1926 in West Central Georgia and throughout the 1930's she had small birthday parties and everyone was outside in short sleeves and it was warm. She never saw snow and maybe every once in a while a frozen mud puddle.
I remember as a boy in West Central Georgia in the 1970's some of the lakes that were shaded freezing over enough that I could walk out on them a ways. My Mother was troubled that it was so cold here in Georgia now in that time and she didn't know why.
Now we are warm again in the Winters and all the media mouth pieces want to tell us the icecaps are melting, the oceans are rising, the climate is changing. They are worse then old women with their fretting.
I remember in the 1980's hearing from the media that by this century it would be impossible to spend and extended time in the sunlight because of the hole in the ozone. You would never be able to go to the beach without a protective suit, and more BS.
You know what cause the hole to start growing so fast that the scientific community lost their minds? The eruption of Mount St Helens....a volcano.
Volcanos have been erupting since the world began yet the ozone remains.
The worst part is when the scientific community figured out what had happened only a very few acknowledged their mistake, most simply ignored the data and kept the same narritive.......sound familiar?
The Mountains Noise

Sanford, FL

#2 Nov 27, 2017
I've heard more coherent babble from the wino in front of the 7-11
The Mountains FARTED

Espanola, NM

#3 Nov 27, 2017
The Mountains Noise wrote:
Where's 7-11
Circle K

Conway, AR

#4 Nov 27, 2017
The Mountains FARTED wrote:
<quoted text>Where's 7-11
Back in Florida ...
f off

San Diego, CA

#5 Nov 27, 2017
The Mountains Noise wrote:
You are that wino in front of the 7-11
liberals are insane

Calhoun, GA

#6 Nov 28, 2017
So the author thinks "global warming" is causing leaves to not turn to his satisfaction? Idiots like him were screaming in the 70's that "global cooling" was going to freeze everyone,and all the oil would be gone by 1990.News flash,the earth has cooled and heated repeatedly for millions of years,and people had nothing to do with it.Did Mr.Smith ride his bicycle up to view the leaves,or did he drive his death spewing vehicle of death? Maybe he drove his zero pollution electric car that was recharged by coal burning power plants?
liberals are insane

Calhoun, GA

#7 Nov 28, 2017
f off wrote:
<quoted text>
You are that wino in front of the 7-11
It appears you are looking at your own reflection from the glass.The MD 20/20 bottle in your hand should be your clue.
Zipp Cummings

Conway, AR

#8 Nov 28, 2017
liberals are insane wrote:
So the author thinks "global warming" is causing leaves to not turn to his satisfaction? Idiots like him were screaming in the 70's that "global cooling" was going to freeze everyone,and all the oil would be gone by 1990.News flash,the earth has cooled and heated repeatedly for millions of years,and people had nothing to do with it.Did Mr.Smith ride his bicycle up to view the leaves,or did he drive his death spewing vehicle of death? Maybe he drove his zero pollution electric car that was recharged by coal burning power plants?
The same mo-rons in the 70s that predicted there was only 20 years of petroleum left and we needed to find alternatives.

There is more petroleum than ever, and the USA will be the largest exporter once the towel heads run out.

I thought the ozone was supposed to disappear and everyone was supposed to die of skin cancer 20 years ago.

These liberal / progressive pussies will do anything to bring this country down and put us on a par with Africa.

And Obama agreed to send $100 billion annually to some Euro-trash global summit to make global warming go away.

Thank God for Donald Trump !
Ga Girl 56

Roswell, GA

#9 Nov 30, 2017
Based on what's on my roof and in my gutters right now, we had a pretty good leaf year and they are all different colors. Ya' just can't make some people happy, can ya'?
sees

Daytona Beach, FL

#10 Nov 30, 2017
Zipp Cummings wrote:
<quoted text>

The same mo-rons in the 70s that predicted there was only 20 years of petroleum left and we needed to find alternatives.

There is more petroleum than ever, and the USA will be the largest exporter once the towel heads run out.

I thought the ozone was supposed to disappear and everyone was supposed to die of skin cancer 20 years ago.

These liberal / progressive pussies will do anything to bring this country down and put us on a par with Africa.

And Obama agreed to send $100 billion annually to some Euro-trash global summit to make global warming go away.

Thank God for Donald Trump !
Get your head out of you arse and pay attention.... The laws passed in the 70's to limit Freon and such products from being spewed into our environment and captured and disposed of is the ONLY reason the ozone hole is now closing... Stupid people believing a game show host who is nothing more or less than a spoiled brat and chronic liar is going to be the downfall of this country.... Can't wait to hear you complain about how much you income taxes have increased after Trump gives the rich and corporations a tax break.... Trickle down economics has NEVER in our long history worked to help the middle class, NEVER!!!! Do you look in the mirror and see the stupid ignorant racist moron everyone else sees??????????
Ed Anger

Vilonia, AR

#11 Dec 1, 2017
sees wrote:
<quoted text>

Get your head out of you arse and pay attention.... The laws passed in the 70's to limit Freon and such products from being spewed into our environment and captured and disposed of is the ONLY reason the ozone hole is now closing... Stupid people believing a game show host who is nothing more or less than a spoiled brat and chronic liar is going to be the downfall of this country.... Can't wait to hear you complain about how much you income taxes have increased after Trump gives the rich and corporations a tax break.... Trickle down economics has NEVER in our long history worked to help the middle class, NEVER!!!! Do you look in the mirror and see the stupid ignorant racist moron everyone else sees??????????
We wouldn't have a middle class if it were not for the tax cuts implemented by John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan, both of which spurred economic growth for many years. You liberal pussies are terrified you are about to be made irrelevant politically.

Tune out Joe & Mika and the arm-waving lesbo on MSNBC and get some professional help.
land

Daytona Beach, FL

#12 Dec 1, 2017
Ed Anger wrote:
<quoted text>

We wouldn't have a middle class if it were not for the tax cuts implemented by John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan, both of which spurred economic growth for many years. You liberal pussies are terrified you are about to be made irrelevant politically.

Tune out Joe & Mika and the arm-waving lesbo on MSNBC and get some professional help.
I don't even know who Joe and Mika ARE, as for the lesbo I do know who she is, and i am not at all surprised that you are scared of her, she is one smart woman..Women smarter than you scare you, they are a threat to a racist homo hater like yourself. don't get my opinions from Tv networks who make a living giving certain segments of the population the "news" you want to hear, not all the facts.......Do a little fact checking and you will see that the changes in the Federal Reserve policies were the deciding factor the the economic recovery, not voodoo Reagan economics that have NEVER worked for anyone other than the very rich.. You do realize that your man has one of the lowest approval ratings since they numbers have been given. If the next election was this month he could not even get on the ballot..........

Why do idiots like you always go down this political road, its NOT about Republican or Democrat Politics!!! its about the success. or failure of our country, not some idiotic political party! Like it or not we are all Americans, White, Black, Brown, rich to poor, gay, straight or a little of both.....Idiots like you want to talk about politics, that's the kind bullchit that is tearing the nation apart... Your ideas and ideals are not written into our laws, and laws and enforcement are what has made us great....Get yourself all the "Make America Great" hats and let a person with such low morals and low opinion of people like YOU ruin this country..........Fact is the demographics of this nation have changed and they will continue to change. Only with the help of Putin did a minority of the nation elect a President..... The man will be lucky to make it a year before he leaves, and the next President with be totally different and with different polices. You have had your chance but your man is incapable of living up to his promises, or following the laws of the land..........
Ed Anger

Vilonia, AR

#13 Dec 1, 2017
land wrote:
<quoted text>

I don't even know who Joe and Mika ARE, as for the lesbo I do know who she is, and i am not at all surprised that you are scared of her, she is one smart woman..Women smarter than you scare you, they are a threat to a racist homo hater like yourself. don't get my opinions from Tv networks who make a living giving certain segments of the population the "news" you want to hear, not all the facts.......Do a little fact checking and you will see that the changes in the Federal Reserve policies were the deciding factor the the economic recovery, not voodoo Reagan economics that have NEVER worked for anyone other than the very rich.. You do realize that your man has one of the lowest approval ratings since they numbers have been given. If the next election was this month he could not even get on the ballot..........

Why do idiots like you always go down this political road, its NOT about Republican or Democrat Politics!!! its about the success. or failure of our country, not some idiotic political party! Like it or not we are all Americans, White, Black, Brown, rich to poor, gay, straight or a little of both.....Idiots like you want to talk about politics, that's the kind bullchit that is tearing the nation apart... Your ideas and ideals are not written into our laws, and laws and enforcement are what has made us great....Get yourself all the "Make America Great" hats and let a person with such low morals and low opinion of people like YOU ruin this country..........Fact is the demographics of this nation have changed and they will continue to change. Only with the help of Putin did a minority of the nation elect a President..... The man will be lucky to make it a year before he leaves, and the next President with be totally different and with different polices. You have had your chance but your man is incapable of living up to his promises, or following the laws of the land..........
Your America-hating, white-guilt diatribe is right out off MSNBC, and you sure as hell know who Joe & Mika are, you bedwetting , Hillary selling our uranium to Putin a-hole !

Trump had low approval ratings in October 2016 and he still won ! Pollsters can't find people that are too busy working, paying taxes and obeying our country's laws; so they call Democrats because they are at home on welfare and disability.
you are

Daytona Beach, FL

#15 Dec 5, 2017
Ed Anger wrote:
<quoted text>

Your America-hating, white-guilt diatribe is right out off MSNBC, and you sure as hell know who Joe & Mika are, you bedwetting , Hillary selling our uranium to Putin a-hole !

Trump had low approval ratings in October 2016 and he still won ! Pollsters can't find people that are too busy working, paying taxes and obeying our country's laws; so they call Democrats because they are at home on welfare and disability.
You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, Trumps approval ratings are in the low to mid 30's....Today he could not get elected dog catcher...You sure are a big talker on a forum with no real names being used.. I truly wish you could talk that way to me face to face...I would not lay a hand on you, I would just make you look just like the fool you are..
Go ahead and SAD

Blairsville, GA

#16 Dec 5, 2017
you are wrote:
<quoted text>

You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, Trumps approval ratings are in the low to mid 30's....Today he could not get elected dog catcher...You sure are a big talker on a forum with no real names being used.. I truly wish you could talk that way to me face to face...I would not lay a hand on you, I would just make you look just like the fool you are..
So if Trump couldn’t get elected as a dog catcher, I guess your choice for POTUS criminal Hilary could get elected as a Porta Potty cleaner since she thinks she’s the shit. Funny I didn’t see your name being posted so what does that make you tough guy. I’d love to see you go face to face with me or anybody else on this forum you would probably be picking up your one tooth off the ground. Now get back to your CNN news and go tell yourself how important and relevant you think you are....
Ed Anger

Jefferson, GA

#17 Dec 6, 2017
you are wrote:
<quoted text>

Trump's ratings were low on Election Day 2016 and he WON ! That is what matters you dumb ass !

Election Day morning one "expert" on CNN or MSNBC said Trump only had a 7% chance of winning. Keep polling among those that stay at home all day on welfare and disability and those are the results you will get. Working people are too busy to answer a liberal poll taker that will skew the results to their advantage anyway.
Mr Snyder

Columbus, GA

#18 Dec 8, 2017
you are wrote:
<quoted text>

Bet you believed Hillary was going to win.....the polls said.....your media tells you what you need to know don't they.
Donald Trump

Dahlonega, GA

#19 Dec 8, 2017
Mr Snyder wrote:
<quoted text>

Bet you believed Hillary was going to win.....the polls said.....your media tells you what you need to know don't they.
If NPR, CNN, MSNBC, ABC, CBS & NBC say Hillary is going to win, it must be true !
peanut gallery

Ellijay, GA

#20 Apr 10, 2018
Ed Anger wrote:
<quoted text>

previous author admitted to knowing who the third party was AND used your gay-phobic leaning language during said admission. that indicates someone with the scruples to willingly 'fess up to knowing who your "joe & mika" are/were if they in fact recognized the individuals.
ugly

Dahlonega, GA

#21 Apr 10, 2018
I have nothing to say here but this is funny chit! Keep it up for I believe there are two sides here and I sure like land!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is your church in danger? (Nov '17) 6 hr MtTops 25
vote for stacy abrams for governor on nov 6 -2018 12 hr MILF Eater 82
New Restaurants in Blairsville Sat Corajune Dyer 151
Lamar and his push for SPLOST tax Sat BS Detector 124
trump must go ! Nov 15 Larry W 94
Hitler was a liberal Nov 15 Local 5
Fed up with Walmart Nov 15 Trashman 9

Blue Ridge Jobs

Personal Finance

Blue Ridge Mortgages