Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

And more liberal irrationally rabid behavior as the New York State Nurses’ Association, the SEIU and the NAACP want a HOSPITAL to give back the largest donation they have ever received -$100 million. Who cares if it will help the poor, who cares if it will actually create union jobs. The money comes from the EVIL Koch Bros. So tell me, when was the last time the unions gave any money to the hospital?

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/10/liberals-pr...

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
And more liberal irrationally rabid behavior as the New York State Nurses’ Association, the SEIU and the NAACP want a HOSPITAL to give back the largest donation they have ever received -$100 million. Who cares if it will help the poor, who cares if it will actually create union jobs. The money comes from the EVIL Koch Bros. So tell me, when was the last time the unions gave any money to the hospital?
http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/10/liberals-pr...
Just proves what hypocrites the liberals are. They are Soooooo concerned about the poor. They are Soooooo concerned about those who "can't" get healthcare. THEN, they show their true colors as presented in the article you linked. SMH
dont know jack

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
If I have posted an intelligent answer FOR ONCE, that makes me ONE AHEAD OF YOU! The Tea Party Conservatives apparently are concerned and willing to try to do something to stop the decimation of this country.
Your support of Obamacare PROVES how completely out of touch you are. No one has argued that healthcare didn't need reform. What we need is something that helps EVERYONE. YOU are clueless and your arrogant platitudes impress ONLY YOU.
You consider yourself as having an OPEN MIND????? How's that? Aren't YOU claiming that YOU KNOW WHAT"S BEST? rotfl You libroids never cease to entertain.
You don't know jack. If you were to open your mind just a crack you might learn something. I never claimed to know what's best, I do think the path we are on is one to nowhere. I have no doubt that the Tea Party is a bad thing for America, and is the #1 reason we can't make progress on anything. But even then I am willing to help a fellow American.

The best candidate for President considering your views, one who can't miss with the Tea Party is, Putin. Don't think he wants or needs the job, he has a great job now. This is from a speech on Muslims, its Tea Party nirvana, read it to the end, you will love the guy.

Its just a little more than a FNC sound bite, but well worth the effort.

Vladimir Putin on Muslims

No wonder he was selected by Forbes as the most powerful person in the world!
This is one time our elected leaders should pay attention to the advice of Vladimir Putin. I would suggest that not only our leaders but every citizen of USA should pay attention to this advice. In addition all of Europe should listen as well.
How scary is that? It is a sad day when a Communist makes more sense than our LEADERS but here it is!

Vladimir Putin's speech
SHORTEST SPEECH EVER

On August 04, 2013, Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, addressed the Duma,(Russian Parliament), and gave a speech about the tensions with minorities in Russia:

In Russia, live like Russians.

Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia, to work and eat in Russia, it should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Sharia Law, and live the life of Muslim's then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law.
Russia does not need Muslim minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We will not tolerate disrespect of our Russian culture. We had better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland and France, if we are to survive as a nation. The Muslims are taking over those countries and they will not take over Russia. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of Sharia Law and Muslims.
When this honorable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the Russian national interest first, observing that the Muslims Minorities Are Not Russians.
The politicians in the Duma gave Putin a five-minute standing ovation.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

BINGO wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO, for ONCE you have an intelligent answer, congrats. This is EXACTLY what's wrong with the current crop of tea party conservatives, they refuse to compromise. Newt and Bill worked TOGETHER for the common good, not now, its our way or no way. Todays congress is a joke, elected by the people, hope they are all happy.
And what model of compromise should the Republicans follow? That of the Democrats? You mean like when:
In 2009, Democrats changed the rules -for the first time in history -so as to not allow the minority Republican party to offer amendments to spending bills.

Or in October when the Obama administration sent HHS representatives to brief Democrat congressmen on Obamacare implementation but refused to speak to Republican congressman who requested the same briefing.

Or when the House sends 100's of bills to the Senate that Reid will not ALLOW to come to the floor for a vote - 30+ jobs bills, continuing resolution bills (don't blame the Republicans for the shutdown), etc.

Or when for over four years the Reid led Senate refused to even bring a budget to the floor for a vote - despite the fact they are REQUIRED to - such pesky rules.

Or when the Senate ended the filibuster option, the same rules change that Senate Democrats declared in 2005 was a threat to democracy:
-“The threat to change Senate rules is a raw abuse of power and will destroy the very checks and balances our founding fathers put in place to prevent absolute power by any one branch of government,” said Sen. Harry Reid in 2005.
-“I sense that talk of the nuclear option is more about power than about fairness,” Obama said in an April, 2005 speech in the Senate.“I believe some of my colleagues propose this rules change because they can get away with it rather than because they know it’s good for our democracy.”
“The American people want less partisanship in this town, but everyone in this chamber knows that if the majority chooses to end the filibuster – if they choose to change the rules and put an end to democratic debate – then the fighting and the bitterness and the gridlock will only get worse,” Obama said.
==========
So quit trying to claim that Republicans are standing in the way of compromise - Democrats don't even know the meaning of the word.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

dont know jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Vladimir Putin's speech
SHORTEST SPEECH EVER
On August 04, 2013, Vladimir Putin, the Russian president, addressed the Duma,(Russian Parliament), and gave a speech about the tensions with minorities in Russia:
Any minority, from anywhere, if it wants to live in Russia, to work and eat in Russia, it should speak Russian, and should respect the Russian laws. If they prefer Sharia Law, and live the life of Muslim's then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law.
Russia does not need Muslim minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We will not tolerate disrespect of our Russian culture.
I'm no fan of Putin, but please explain what is wrong with expecting immigrants to learn the language of the country they are immigrating to, what is wrong with expecting them to respect that country's laws, what is wrong with telling them that their religious laws will not trump the law of the land?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

dont know jack wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know jack. If you were to open your mind just a crack you might learn something. I never claimed to know what's best, I do think the path we are on is one to nowhere. I have no doubt that the Tea Party is a bad thing for America, and is the #1 reason we can't make progress on anything. But even then I am willing to help a fellow American.
The best candidate for President considering your views, one who can't miss with the Tea Party is, Putin. Don't think he wants or needs the job, he has a great job now. This is from a speech on Muslims, its Tea Party nirvana, read it to the end, you will love the guy.
This is one time our elected leaders should pay attention to the advice of Vladimir Putin. I would suggest that not only our leaders but every citizen of USA should pay attention to this advice. In addition all of Europe should listen as well.
How scary is that? It is a sad day when a Communist makes more sense than our LEADERS but here it is!
Vladimir Putin's speech
SHORTEST SPEECH EVER
Russia does not need Muslim minorities. Minorities need Russia, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell 'discrimination'. We will not tolerate disrespect of our Russian culture. We had better learn from the suicides of America, England, Holland and France, if we are to survive as a nation. The Muslims are taking over those countries and they will not take over Russia. The Russian customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture or the primitive ways of Sharia Law and Muslims.
When this honorable legislative body thinks of creating new laws, it should have in mind the Russian national interest first, observing that the Muslims Minorities Are Not Russians.
YOU don't know jack. You THINK you do, but you don't.
Since you are SO open minded, why don't you open your mind to the Tea Party? Hmmm?
Why do you hate the Tea Party so much, Mr. "Open Minded"? They want to uphold the Constitution. Why do you have a problem with that, Mr "Open Minded"? Why do you object to them trying to stop/stall any act that doesn't follow the Constitution?....you being so "open minded" and all.
I would think the Tea Party would support an American making that speech. I can tell you this, liberals certainly wouldn't.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

dont know jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Vladimir Putin's speech
SHORTEST SPEECH EVER
Why is it that you have no doubt the Tea Party is bad for America? I am very curious to hear your answer. As far as Putin's speech, I WOULD apply that to illegals and anyone else who expects MY country to bend to their speech,culture or anything else. If they want to leave their country and move to mine, ADAPT to MY country.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

dont know jack wrote:
<quoted text>
Vladimir Putin's speech
SHORTEST SPEECH EVER
BTW, you used Liberal Whine # 6. Fox News. rotfl
same

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

BINGO wrote:
<quoted text>

Its gotten to levels where people making 100 thousand with a family of 4 can barely afford it. WHY don't you just go to the Health Care web site and see how much you might save. That would require an open mind to do properly, something you don't have. You will be amazed at just how well and how fast the site is today. Give a little credit when credit is due, try it you will see.

Your right........folks making $100,000 a year cant afford it UNDER obamacare.....thanks to obama and libroids, insurance cost has shot through the roof..........

I went to the Healthcare dot gov website and this is what I get, you big dummy..........

BCBSHP Catastrophic DirectAccess which is the cheapest health plan on Healthcare.gov

Single individual making $65,000 a year is not eligible for a subsidy……………….

Stephens county Ga.$172 a month….Deductible $6,350 a year…..Primary Doctor charge per visit $40.

$6,350 deductible for this single person using In Network Doctors. This deductible Does not apply to Copayments, and Prescription Drugs.
So if this person takes this plan….it will cost him/her $172 X 12 =$2,064 just to say I have insurance…………….

Any and all costs for all Doctor’s visit, Hospital, drugs, etc up to $6,350 is paid out of pocket of the insurer, for a total out of pocket of $8,414 each year before Obamacare kicks in and pays the bills…………All cost after you out the $8,414 will be paid for buy obamacare, with the exception of each $40 primary doctor visit………………

Let’s use the same single individual living in Coffee county Ga. Obamacare will cost $221 a month and all the other payments will be the same as Stephens county………..

So this same individual would pay out $221 x 12 =$2,652 a year…..which is $588 more than living in Stephens county…….

Ok, now let’s look at Cobb county Ga. Using the same individual,$132 a month X 12 =$1584 a year……..$1068 a year less than living in Coffee county………all other payments the same as all counties in Georgia…………..

So if you are a healthy 28 year old……….why would you pay out this money when you can invest it using the rule of 72 and double your money in appox 10 years at 7% interest per year…………..also you can avoid the penalty by insuring you d not owe the IRS anything each year…………….or you can move to Cobb county and save $10,680 over 10 years……………….

A family of 4 living in coffee county……….husband 28, wife 27, 2 children ages 6 and 4 making $100,000 a year…………….does not qualify for a subsidy…..

Using the same cheapest plan above, the cost will be $692 a month X 12 =$8304 a year, most likely more than their House Payment…….
Their deductible is $6350 per individual, or $12,700 for family total…………for a total out of pocket of $21,004……………….which with 4 family members could easily come close to reaching the out of pocket……….
FYI…the out of pocket does NOT include the monthly payment on any insurance plan chosen……..

Now let’s move that family of 4 up to the next level of obamacare which is the BCBSHP Bronze DirectAccess w/HSA – caar

A family of 4 living in Coffe County Ga……..Plan cost is $819 a month x 12 =$9828 a year. Deductible is $6300 per individual or $12,600 per family…….. for a potential cost of $22,428 each year……….
Here is the pdf for this plan for a family of 4…………
https://sbc.anthem.com/dps/displayPDF

And those prices most likely will increase each year………..

The Supreme court said Obamacare is a tax…………..so why does the gubmint allow Insurance companies to tax at different rates?? Is this fair taxation??? Why are the rural counties taxed more than metro counties?????

Why are the poorer counties paying more taxes than the richer counties????????

Why should any healthy smart young person sign up for obamacare????? When there are absolutely no reasons or incentives to do so………….

same

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

@ Aggie and Syn..........that fella is beginning to sound a lot like Doo.......crazy as a bedbug........and dont know jacks**t..........

same

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Irony personified..........by a libroid, no more, no less........

DON'T SPY ON ME!.........

"Feinstein: CIA searched Intelligence Committee computer"

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-...

same

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

A pitiful Justice..........who would let a political system over rule the Constitution..........

"Sotomayor:'I'm Very Optimistic About The Power of Minorities...'
"[W]e’re going to have to work the political system at the highest level.” "

http://www.truthrevolt.org/news/sotomayor-im-...

same

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Awwwwwwwwww......gotta get those young healthy folks to pay for obamacare..........

""I wouldn't be here with you today if I didn't have something to plug," President Obama told comedian Zach Galifianakis, betwixt ferns.

We believe you on that one, Mr. President.

Obama appeared on Galifianakis's popular Web series "Between Two Ferns," on the website Funny or Die. In the show, Galifianakis plays a bumbling idiot of an interviewer who gets away with asking celebrities the uncomfortable question. Take his interview of Justin Bieber as the defining example of the style. He asked the teen pop star: "You've had three hairstyles. What's next for your career?"

Obama got a similar critical treatment, along with some time to plug the health care exchanges to the show's presumably young audience.

Here are some of the best questions Galifianakis asked the president of the United States, or as his show displayed "Barack Obama (Sp?):Community organizer."

What is it like to be the last black president?

In 2013 you pardoned a turkey; what do you have planned for 2014?

Do you send Ambassador Rodman to North Korea on your behalf?

What should we do about North Ikea?

You said if you had a son you would not let him play football. But what makes you think he would want to play football; what if he was a nerd like you?

Why would you get the guy who created the Zune to create your [health care] website?

The president got some shots in as well, saying how Bradley Cooper was the only reason the Hangover movies (that Galifianakis starred in) were worth watching.(To which Galifianakis replied, "Be short fat and smell like Doritos and try to make it in Hollywood.")

This is the latest in the administration's targeted attempt to sell the health insurance exchanges to young people. And maybe it signals some anxiety over the March 31 deadline to sign up for 2014 (the health of the exchanges depends on young, healthy people signing up). Previously, Joe Biden had appeared on The View to tout the benefits of the health program to mothers."

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
Good question. I don't necessarily LOVE Sarah Palin, however, you liberals keeps claiming that she is dumb, etc. She most certainly isn't. Sarah Palin is only one of the reasons Obama got elected. John McCain was the other. Think about it. A chipmunk could have beat those two. Obama was handed that election. It was nothing more than a social experiment. There is NO WAY that Obama was going to lose. It just wasn't going to be ALLOWED to happen.
Now, back to Sarah Palin. She had MUCH MORE governmental experience than Obama. For all practical purposes, Obama had ZERO experience and you voted for HIM. See what I mean?
Sarah Palin is NOT stupid. Not in the least. She was inexperienced in national campaigning and it got the best of her. It was an uphill battle from the beginning. I had never even heard of her. She didn't have the "preening" that the Messiah, Obama, had. Think about the media when Obama ran the first time. People were crying and dropping down on the ground over Obama. Terry Moran of ABC Nightline stated that Obama would have to take a step DOWN in order to be our president. ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????????? Who could bear up against THAT? The media went after Sarah Palin like nothing I have ever seen. In addition to being intelligent, she is a STRONG woman because I don't even know a MAN who could hold up under the scrutiny that the media pounded down on her.
That is what I mean by Obama wasn't going to lose at all costs. That wouldn't have been politically correct nor acceptable. I appreciate John McCain's sacrifices in Viet Nam. There is no doubt he lived in hell, but he has since proved that he is a serious RHINO and needs to retire.
You got more than what you asked for, but all of the explanation was needed in order to explain why I defend Palin.
+1 well stated.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

BINGO wrote:
<quoted text>
BINGO, for ONCE you have an intelligent answer, congrats. This is EXACTLY what's wrong with the current crop of tea party conservatives, they refuse to compromise. Newt and Bill worked TOGETHER for the common good, not now, its our way or no way. Todays congress is a joke, elected by the people, hope they are all happy.
You can try to place blame as much as you like, but health insurance costs have skyrocket over the last 10 years, with the largest increase on the self employed. Its gotten to levels where people making 100 thousand with a family of 4 can barely afford it. WHY don't you just go to the Health Care web site and see how much you might save. That would require an open mind to do properly, something you don't have. You will be amazed at just how well and how fast the site is today. When I first gave it a try a month after the rollout it was a JOKE, its been fixed. Give a little credit when credit is due, try it you will see.
" but health insurance costs have skyrocket over the last 10 years"

Health care costs have been going up significantly for much longer than 10 years...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm no fan of Putin, but please explain what is wrong with expecting immigrants to learn the language of the country they are immigrating to, what is wrong with expecting them to respect that country's laws, what is wrong with telling them that their religious laws will not trump the law of the land?
+1

As I have said (more than once) to my kids, "My house, my rules...".

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2014

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And what model of compromise should the Republicans follow? That of the Democrats? You mean like when:
In 2009, Democrats changed the rules -for the first time in history -so as to not allow the minority Republican party to offer amendments to spending bills.
Or in October when the Obama administration sent HHS representatives to brief Democrat congressmen on Obamacare implementation but refused to speak to Republican congressman who requested the same briefing.
Or when the House sends 100's of bills to the Senate that Reid will not ALLOW to come to the floor for a vote - 30+ jobs bills, continuing resolution bills (don't blame the Republicans for the shutdown), etc.
Or when for over four years the Reid led Senate refused to even bring a budget to the floor for a vote - despite the fact they are REQUIRED to - such pesky rules.
Or when the Senate ended the filibuster option, the same rules change that Senate Democrats declared in 2005 was a threat to democracy:
-“The threat to change Senate rules is a raw abuse of power and will destroy the very checks and balances our founding fathers put in place to prevent absolute power by any one branch of government,” said Sen. Harry Reid in 2005.
-“I sense that talk of the nuclear option is more about power than about fairness,” Obama said in an April, 2005 speech in the Senate.“I believe some of my colleagues propose this rules change because they can get away with it rather than because they know it’s good for our democracy.”
“The American people want less partisanship in this town, but everyone in this chamber knows that if the majority chooses to end the filibuster – if they choose to change the rules and put an end to democratic debate – then the fighting and the bitterness and the gridlock will only get worse,” Obama said.
==========
So quit trying to claim that Republicans are standing in the way of compromise - Democrats don't even know the meaning of the word.
+1

You're going to confuse somebody (not sure who, he/she keeps changing his/her name)...

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Destin, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

prove me wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
It took 8 years after Bill for Bush to completely trash the economy. Using your on timeline it's obvious that you don't blame Obama for what Bush did, you must blame Bush. Prove me wrong, I 'm waiting.
What are you waiting for? The truth is that the damage occurred under the Democrat majority House and Senate 2006-2010. Much of that groundwork was laid under Clinton's early years, Democrat majorities as well. If you want to Blame Bush, go right ahead, we'll blame Obama, for not fixing "what you blame on Bush". Unpatriotic, plain and simple.
same

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

The ole demo trick..........talk a subject to death to get more money..........

"Democrats were also slammed for organizing the 14-hour “Climate Talkathon” to please San Francisco billionaire Tom Steyer, who has pledged $100 million to make global warming a top tier issue in this year’s elections.

“So we had an all-night Talkathon, and what did it accomplish? A waste of time and more hot air… to satisfy their liberal donor,” said Wyoming Republican Sen. John Barrasso referring to Steyer.

“But for most of these folks, they just want to talk all night. They don’t want to do anything, they just want to talk,” Barrasso added.“It’s astonishing that the most vulnerable Democrats did not show their faces last night.”

Four Democrats — Sens. Mark Begich of Alaska, Kay Hagan of North Carolina and Mary Landrieu of Louisiana — did not show up last night because they face tough re-election races this November.

“Democrats know that climate change legislation is a non-starter in an election year,” said South Dakota Republican Sen. John Thune.“Last night’s Talkathon… allowed Democrats to assure their donors that they’re focused on climate change.”"

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/11/senate-repu...

same

Toccoa, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2014

Libroid policies..........created this..........

"Labor Force Participation Hits Record Low for Americans in Their 20s "

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/ali-meyer/lab...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mark seven auto plex (Jun '13) 16 min Stalker buster 24
Scott Kiker Probate Judge (Sep '12) 2 hr guest 16
Jeff Holden (Apr '11) 2 hr guest 12
April Boyer Morgan 3 hr Daisyandmasey 1
breakfast 3 hr jojo 4
Lawyers 4 hr Jim Tracy 15
"Happy Hump Day!!" 6 hr mAW 2

Search the Blue Ridge Forum:
•••

Flash Flood Warning for Fannin County was issued at August 20 at 7:32PM EDT