same

Toccoa, GA

#38929 Mar 8, 2014

Finally.......after nearly a year of searching, a pic of the featherless chicken has come to light..........

http://conservativebyte.com/2014/03/liberal-b...

same

Toccoa, GA

#38930 Mar 8, 2014

"Historic: 1st state adopts plan to rein in feds
Georgia legislature:'Enough is enough,' calls for restraints on Washington"

"“We Georgians have become the hope of the nation today,” said Jacqueline Peterson, the Georgia state director for the Convention of States Project.“Many thanks to our state legislators for standing for liberty. May God bless us, every single one!”

The idea is to have an Article V Convention of States, the one process the U.S. Constitution gives to citizens to bypass the White House, Congress and even their own governors to establish a new path for the nation.

The new president in 2017 would face new limits on executive orders, Commerce Clause actions, a balanced federal budget and a ban on using international treaties to govern inside the U.S. if the state-based movement is successful.

There could even be term limits for Supreme Court justices and Congress, and a mandatory sunset of all existing federal taxes.

The ideas are being discussed in legislatures where a Convention of the States has been proposed."

http://www.wnd.com/2014/03/historic-1st-state...

Farrell Landon

Matthews, NC

#38932 Mar 8, 2014
same wrote:
<quoted text>
I gave you a good response with my first post to you..........you answered with a "red light" comparison..........which showed your a lite thinker..........if you're insulted by that, give more thought before piping off at the keyboard........
Any person with a smidgen of a thought process should have recognized quickly what my statement meant........" A good argument for a libroid..,,.,...A bad argument for a conservative....”
Aggie got it right off the bat………….you failed………….
A good argument for libroids because Repubs rule in Ga, vote them out and libroids rule………….a bad argument for conservatives because Repubs rule in Ga, again vote them out and libroids rule…………….
You’re a lite thinker….showing signs of being a libroid…………….it’s your problem, not mine dummy…….
Lol. I'm the furthest thing from a "Libroid". My understanding of our Congress is pretty in depth since I previously worked on the Hill for a "Repub". I'm sure that anyone who's opinion differs in the slightest from yours must be "lite". If you'd refrain from attempts at insulting people you'd probably realize that we have more in common than you think. I haven't failed at anything other than to get you to actually have a meaningful dialogue.
same

Toccoa, GA

#38933 Mar 8, 2014

"Sessions: Obama’s economic plan ‘one of the most costly failed gambits our nation has seen’"

"On the heels of the latest jobs report, Sessions, the highest ranking Republican on the Senate Budget Committee, highlighted numerical snapshots of the Obama economy — one in five Americans are on food stamps; there are more workforce drop outs than gains; and the debt is still increasing.

“The President’s plan to spend and borrow and add debt in order to revive the economy has proved to be one of the most costly failed gambits our nation has seen. Government debt has increased 64 percent since 2009, from $10.6 trillion to $17.4 trillion. Yet, median household income has decreased 4.5 percent over that same time—that’s $2,268 per household, or $270 billion in total lost income.”"

http://dailycaller.com/2014/03/07/sessions-ob...

same

Toccoa, GA

#38934 Mar 8, 2014
Farrell Landon wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. I'm the furthest thing from a "Libroid". My understanding of our Congress is pretty in depth since I previously worked on the Hill for a "Repub". I'm sure that anyone who's opinion differs in the slightest from yours must be "lite". If you'd refrain from attempts at insulting people you'd probably realize that we have more in common than you think. I haven't failed at anything other than to get you to actually have a meaningful dialogue.

Well now..........this might make a difference.......... but you did insult me first.........

Did you read my post about Ga passing the Convention bill??????????

This would be one answer to term limits..........

same

Toccoa, GA

#38935 Mar 8, 2014
same wrote:
<quoted text>

Did you read my post about Ga passing the Convention bill??????????
This would be one answer to term limits..........

I will go further and say…………………………The Convention of States could also allow several Nations to replace these United States…………and still the Nations will be bigger than many European Nations…….

Our Nation is too diverse in comparison to similarities to be one Nation………….this refers to liberalism, conservatism, population, Industry, and other factors such as nationality………………

The North east can be one Nation……………

The South one Nation…………..

The western States one Nation………….

The far west, California, Washington, Oregon, etc... One Nation…………….

The Southwest one Nation……………..

Texas one Nation………………..

The Mid-west, Illinois, Indiana Mich, Kentucky, etc. one Nation……..

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#38936 Mar 8, 2014
AnyoneButDeal wrote:
Huckabee:
“For all the bluster that our president gave when he ran for president about how he’d play the flute and the snakes would be charmed back into the basket, and the world would be a happy and safe place — the snakes are running all over the world today, and there is not one country anywhere with whom we have a better relationship than we did before,” he said.
Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2014/03/mike-hu...
Translation:
"If I call PRESIDENT Obama and Democrats snakes then it will distract from the real snakes, us Republicans."
sametimeRebel is a rabid idiot.
Translation: I don't have a leg to stand on because Obama continues to make drooling fools of us.
BTW, Obama and Democrats ARE LYING snakes.

Location hidden

#38937 Mar 8, 2014
Columbus Native wrote:
<quoted text>SYN,SYN,SYN who do u expect we non- republicans to vote for? Another bush Clone or a Hilliary(Israeli jew butt kisser who wants my country to do their fighting against Iran for them) You see we independents don't have a horse in the ring. You have no viable candidate so we will once again have to vote democrat. Can't you republicans come up with someone very middle of the road who won't kiss rich butts, jew butts? The old adage of voting for the lessor of the two evils won't work anymore. How many Israeli soldiers were there in Iraq and Afganistan fighting terrorism? 0 How many Israeli soldiers will there be helping us to fight Iran for their safety only? Probably none. They expect to con America into THEIR WAR! They want us to do all their fighting for them, and so far, Thank God President Obama has stayed out of THEIR WAR! Up until now all you have is a 400 pound elephant who looks like he could drop over from a heart attack at any time(Chris Christie)
Seems you are in the minority as an "independent" as far as thinking Obama is doing a good job. The Republicans are going to take the Senate in the midterms and Obama can just go ahead and move. Once the Republicans have complete control of congress, if they DON'T step up, then I must agree with you. They'll have trouble in 2016.
BTW, you are about as Independent as a newborn.
You poor thing. You actually think Obama cares about this country. It's just sad to watch you pathetic liberals. To be so eaten up with bravado, you surely seem worried. The venom you libs spew doesn't point to your being as self assured as you profess to be.

Location hidden

#38938 Mar 8, 2014
Columbus Native wrote:
Must be miserable in your shoes. You have almost 3 more years of a man who considering the mess he came into has done a very good job! OOP! What was that sound I heard way out here SYN passing out and falling on the Kitchen Floor? I have never been happier in my life then now to see and hear all the republican whinning!
Are you serious???? Have you checked Obama's job approval rating lately? ROTFL
Yeeaaah, great job of choosing a president. You really need to do better.
BTW, you used Liberal Whine # 6. Bush's fault. lolololololololololol

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#38939 Mar 8, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
And for good measure, he threw in a heaping dose of bigoted anti-semitism.

Location hidden

#38940 Mar 8, 2014
comments wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that what's going on now were going on before Sept. 11th all those people would be alive and the twin towers would still be standing. All the dead people in Afghanistan and Iraq would still be alive. Our government would not be nearly as far in debt and we would not be in our current condition. And most importantly our brave shoulders would still be sane and would not wounded or dead. You explain it to me in your own words why what the government is doing to find those people who want to kill you is just not that important.. Why the government, the one that's protecting you from all the evil you see in the world is always evil. What has the programs you so hate done to you or to anyone you know or to anyone the people you know, know????.
Or is all you ever have are smart ass comments.
You are speculating. You have NO idea if what you are saying is true or not.
Personally, I have nothing to hide, so my conversations, etc. would mean nothing.
I see the government becoming more and more intrusive in our lives.
If you think the government is tracking us JUST in order to keep us safe, you are out of your feeble mind. It's more about control than security. If you are so concerned about our safety, you must be VERY unhappy with Obama for cutting the number of troops. Right?

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#38941 Mar 8, 2014
same wrote:
<quoted text>
I will go further and say…………………………The Convention of States could also allow several Nations to replace these United States…………and still the Nations will be bigger than many European Nations…….
Our Nation is too diverse in comparison to similarities to be one Nation………….this refers to liberalism, conservatism, population, Industry, and other factors such as nationality………………
The North east can be one Nation……………
The South one Nation…………..
The western States one Nation………….
The far west, California, Washington, Oregon, etc... One Nation…………….
The Southwest one Nation……………..
Texas one Nation………………..
The Mid-west, Illinois, Indiana Mich, Kentucky, etc. one Nation……..
My husband and I have on occasion discussed something along those very lines- mostly jokingly. This is over simplified, but basically the northeast and the west coast are liberal meccas that are drowning under their own policies. The "fly over country" that liberals so despise could do without both regions. Silicon Valley would be nice to keep, but oh, well. The midwest and the south would do just fine as a unified country. The Great Lakes region would probably stick with the Northeast - again, good riddance. CO and NM would be an annoying little mostly liberal enclave in the middle, but - can't have everything.

Location hidden

#38942 Mar 8, 2014
AnyoneButDeal wrote:
"Gingrich, Palin speak as GOP summit ends"
http://www.abc-7.com/story/24921471/gingrich-...
Well CPAC saved the worst of the Circle Jerk Horror Show for last. Really, Gingrich and Palin? Scary stuff. But wait. What could be more scary than the thought of Huckabee being president? Oh and Pennywise the Clown Cruz?
The whole CPAC "summit" is a political Scared Straight skit.
Wrath, greed, sloth, pride, lust, envy, and gluttony. Yep the Republicans have everything covered.
http://assets.otakubooty.com/user/pic/28/2819...
http://i12.fastpic.ru/thumb/2011/0113/f6/4e55...
You sound more worried than anything else. If you libs are doing such a great job, wonder why it's looking good for the Republicans taking the Senate in the midterm elections? Hmmmm?
BTW, Palin was correct about Russia. Romney was, too. NOW who's stupid?
I LOVE to see libroids sweat bullets.

Location hidden

#38943 Mar 8, 2014
forbidden wrote:
<quoted text>
FNC has you brain so washed comprehension without the flicker of the TV screen is impossible. Turn on the TV to FNC, put the computer screen just below the TV screen and read it again. Just don't get to close, close inspection of anything said or done on FNC is forbidden.
You used Liberal Whine #6. FOX News. lololololol
FOX is # 1.
You'll just have to keep listening to Air America. Oh, wait......

Location hidden

#38944 Mar 8, 2014
Farrell Landon wrote:
Lmao. One brainwashed sheep calling another brainwashed sheep "brainwashed." Have you guys read this crap? Wow. Politics isn't a public service anymore, it's a career. Everyone up in DC is as bad as the other regardless of which side they sit on. Until you realize that your party is just as bad as the other, we get nowhere. This isn't a football rivalry and the fact that you believe it is is further sinking this country. Until term limits are imposed on members of congress and we stop sending the same career guys back because you vote party lines, we'll get nowhere. Get ready though, you don't realize it but penalties for hardened criminals are once again about to soften. We stay this course......it's going to hit the fan fiscally and socially. I will not support any current congressional incumbent regardless of party and you're a fool if you continue to.
I TOTALLY agree about term limits. There is about ZERO chance of that EVER being on a ballot. We all know why.
I would love to vote the incumbents out,however, the Democrats would NEVER follow that mentality and that would clear the path for them and I'll not do that. Both parties ARE letting their supporters down. No doubt about it. At least the CONSERVATIVES on this forum will admit that. The Democrats on this forum will NOT admit to any wrongdoing by Obama and the Democrats WHATSOEVER. THAT is how I know that they'll NEVER even consider voting incumbents out. Apparently, it doesn't matter to them how BAD it gets.
I've stopped donating money to the Republican Money Beggars who call. One actually wanted to have a conversation with me about why I was so discouraged. I told him that before we had our discussion, he needed to know and accept that I was NOT going to send any money. Surprisingly, he still wanted to talk. He seemed genuinely interested in my opinion.
Honestly, after reading the posts by the liberals on this forum, I am VERY concerned for the future of this country.

Location hidden

#38945 Mar 8, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am all for term limits on both the House and the Senate. I don't know what the proper time period would be in order to avoid a constant turnover of people just as they are learning how to be an effective legislator but before becoming entrenched in the political swamp, but anything would be better than the current state of affairs with people going up there to enrich themselves (see Harry Reid) and play politics first and forget all about putting the good of the country ahead of their party.
That being said, I can't go along with a "vote 'em all out" mentality." I believe that mindset is going to be strongest among conservatives and all that would mean would be a stronger showing of Democrats, which is the last thing we need. I am no fan of Boehner, McConnell, McCain, Graham, etc, and I was really hopeful that McConnell might get primaried out - but it doesn't look like that is going to happen. So I, for one, am supporting conservative Republicans and telling the RNC every time they call that they are getting no more money from us as long as they are criticizing the Tea Party. It is probably too late now, but what Republicans should have been doing is nationalizing this coming mid-term election just as they did in '94. Another Contract with America that included term limits - that actually get voted on this time - would be great.
Didn't see your post before I posted, but we seem to be on the same page.

Location hidden

#38946 Mar 8, 2014
Farrell Landon wrote:
<quoted text>
8 years.
I agree. Eight years is long enough to walk the talk.

Location hidden

#38947 Mar 8, 2014
Synergy wrote:
<quoted text>
I need to make a correction to this post. The libroid used Liberal Whine #8; not #6. Liberal Whine # 8....Bush's fault. Just wanted to clear that up.
same

Toccoa, GA

#38948 Mar 9, 2014
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
My husband and I have on occasion discussed something along those very lines- mostly jokingly. This is over simplified, but basically the northeast and the west coast are liberal meccas that are drowning under their own policies. The "fly over country" that liberals so despise could do without both regions. Silicon Valley would be nice to keep, but oh, well. The midwest and the south would do just fine as a unified country. The Great Lakes region would probably stick with the Northeast - again, good riddance. CO and NM would be an annoying little mostly liberal enclave in the middle, but - can't have everything.
My response will be in two posts…………
Well…………….you might want to throw in the panhandle of Texas and Oklahoma into the mix of Colorado and NM………….as they also live in lulu-lulu land……………
But seriously…………..
America was founder upon a coalition of States banding together to fight against Britain because King George and Parliament refused to allow the colonies to become a full fledged part of England, i.e. representation in Parliament while baring the burden of taxes……………
A brief history………”During the Seven Years War Britain had won a string of major victories and expelled France from North America, as well as parts of Africa, India and the West Indies.‘New France’, the name of France’s North American holdings, was now British, but a newly conquered population could cause problems. Few people in Britain were naïve enough to believe that these former French colonists would suddenly and wholeheartedly embrace British rule with no danger of rebellion, and Britain believed troops would be needed to keep order. In addition, the war had revealed that the existing colonies needed defense against Britain’s enemies, and Britain believed that defense was best provided by the fully trained regular army, not just colonial militias. To this end, the post-war government of Britain, with a major lead taken by King George III, decided to permanently station units of the British army in America. Keeping this army would take money.
There was a political impetus behind this need. The Seven Years War had seen the British army expand from around 35,000 to over 100,000 men under arms, and opposition politicians in Britain now expected the army to decrease in number during peacetime. But, as well as needing more troops to garrison a suddenly enlarged empire, the government feared having to pension off masses of the officers, who were closely connected to politicians.”
So in order to financially support such troops, taxes would be levied……………thus leading to war between Great Britain and the colonies………..
same

Toccoa, GA

#38949 Mar 9, 2014

America was diverse from the very beginning in settlement of the different colonies, later to become States…………..diverse as to ethnicity, countries of origin, and languages…………….

And America has been diverse as to political beliefs from the beginning and creation of our Constitution………..hence Burr killing Hamilton as one example, the War of Northern Aggression as another example……………

While we abhor what is happening in Ukraine today….we see history repeating itself with Russia acting as Great Britain and the different sections of the Ukraine choosing different paths according to ethnicity, among other things………..

So America, and other Nations, say “Let these countries decide for themselves their own future.” Without pressure from military use……………

And I’m saying perhaps the use of a “Convention of States” could allow each section with similarities to form their own Nation within the borders of America……………….And those citizens who have similar political beliefs can choose which Nation they will live in………..

No Nation has forever remained static………….history is replete with Nations Building and Nations Dissolving……mostly by way of War…….Scotland will be voting soon on independence, through a peaceful means……………America could do the same though a Convention of States………….or we could wait until America becomes such an economically basket case and split into small Nations governed by tyrants…………..

The only way for a Nation to remain static is to allow a government to rule with an Iron fist over it’s citizens…………….

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) 15 min Just a Thought 2,058
warning 9 hr Yawn 5
Trash talks bull$hit walks 9 hr Yawn 7
Hey Joe 10 hr Yawn 4
I won't STOP 14 hr whatever 1
Rants of a psycho 15 hr Ashley 7
Telling it like it is....once again 15 hr bang wife 2
•••

Blue Ridge News Video

•••
Blue Ridge Dating

more search filters

less search filters