Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia in 2010?

Posted in the Blue Ridge Forum

Comments (Page 1,418)

Showing posts 28,341 - 28,360 of39,708
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the owner of a firearm should bee required to show proof a the safe where it will be maintained; proof that he/she has attended and passed a firearms safety course, and proof that's he/she carries at least $1,000,000 in liability insurance ready and available to pay for any and all damage done as a result of the firearm's use.
Seems very reasonable to have the knowledge of firearm safety, a safe place to secure the firearm, and the financial ability to compensate the victims of any misuse by the firearm.
And when someone is breaking into your house, I'm sure they won't mind if you say "Excuse me, would you just give me a moment while I get my gun out of my safe." Do not infringe on the rights of legal and responsible gun owners because of the idiotic actions of a very small minority.
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
a politician can bend the truth into a pretzel or lie.....with virtually no accountability or consequences - as long as he or she is a Democrat of course.
They have weapons of mass destruction I tell you!

It's the end of combat! I won!

http://abcnews.go.com/images/Politics/ap_bush...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to see an intelligence test given to people before they're able to vote. We'd have a lot less libroids in power.
Oops, I should have checked before posting - sorry for the redundancy.
one too many

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or the correct interpretation (and the right percentage)- 77% of doctors do not want to lose money for every Obamacare patient they see when the government dictates reimbursements with no consideration of the actual cost incurred. Some bureaucrat just pulls a number out of a hat and states that "we need to cut costs, so we will now reimburse you 40% less than we used to - because we can."
And what is your profession and how would you like the government to come in and say that you have to cut your prices for your service or goods because we, the government, say so?
how many good, decent, honest doctors do you know that are broke?
whom

Baldwin, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right.
Why the hell doesn't Obama start three wars that we can't pay for?
And what's with solving the Syria chemical weapons problem without starting another war ? Damn we could have killed lots of people and we never got the chance.
And North Korea.... They have kind of petered out and we missed a chance to spend a few trillion dollars and get a few thousand of our troops killed, along with God knows how many civilians.
We're Right Wingers by God- to us a foreign policy success is American Troops in body bags, civilian children blown to bits, and hopefully some buildings falling down crushing inhabitants while they sleep.
Damn... We haven't seen a missile fly through a ventilator opening and blast the hell out of someone having breakfast in way too long.
I wonder if our kids mind paying for our version of "success."
Maybe when we get some By-God certified draft-dodging cowards back in the White House we'll get to blow things up and kill people again.

A classic example of my post number 29625.....

"Emotions are the rule in libroid land...sometimes they cry a lot here on topix, scream, stamp their feet, throw hissy fits, whine, and just have a complete breakdown in front of everyone when conservatives don't agree with their invalid points of view...."

just wondering

Alpharetta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Does anybody pay attention to the poster in Cordele any more? It appears most of you aren't responding to his posts. Why that be?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

one too many wrote:
<quoted text>how many good, decent, honest doctors do you know that are broke?
And your question is relevant how?
ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And when someone is breaking into your house, I'm sure they won't mind if you say "Excuse me, would you just give me a moment while I get my gun out of my safe." Do not infringe on the rights of legal and responsible gun owners because of the idiotic actions of a very small minority.
Aggie, you're smarter than this and you know it. In this case you're promoting that the factor at play is "how long it takes to get a gun out of secure safe". How long to you think it takes? Are you visualizing some old episode of gunsmoke where the banker fumbles around with a rotary dial for 5 minutes to get the safe open? It takes about 1 second to unlock an iphone - and a gun safe could be just as fast. Biometric devices can be almost instantaneous.

And for that matter, who says that the gun has to be in the safe at all times? Certainly that's where the weapon should be when the house is unattended by the registered gun owner or kids are in the home.
one too many

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

just wondering wrote:
Does anybody pay attention to the poster in Cordele any more? It appears most of you aren't responding to his posts. Why that be?
well, you seem to- and that just really hurts me to my heart. So please, knock it off, please- would you!
one too many

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

one too many wrote:
<quoted text>well, you seem to- and that just really hurts me to my heart. So please, knock it off, please- would you!
BTW, only been to Cordele once or twice in my life- KMA!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Aggie, you're smarter than this and you know it. In this case you're promoting that the factor at play is "how long it takes to get a gun out of secure safe". How long to you think it takes? Are you visualizing some old episode of gunsmoke where the banker fumbles around with a rotary dial for 5 minutes to get the safe open? It takes about 1 second to unlock an iphone - and a gun safe could be just as fast. Biometric devices can be almost instantaneous.
And for that matter, who says that the gun has to be in the safe at all times? Certainly that's where the weapon should be when the house is unattended by the registered gun owner or kids are in the home.
And had you used that qualifying last paragraph in your prior post I would probably have not disagreed. But I will reiterate, do not penalize responsible, legal gun owners for the actions of the idiots and the thugs.
one too many

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

just wondering wrote:
....but they ALL seem to be just clamoring to respond to yours! LOL.
one too many

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And had you used that qualifying last paragraph in your prior post I would probably have not disagreed. But I will reiterate, do not penalize responsible, legal gun owners for the actions of the idiots and the thugs.
unlike wackos, this is one of the sides that I will cross against some of my friends. I just think that any more measures toward stricter gun control laws are, for the most part- an exercise in futility. With one exception, no one should have the right to own or possess an automatic weapon with a 25- 100 round clip!
one too many

Cordele, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
OMTE is alright, even if he is temporarily a little brainwashed. He used to have some great comments about Bill back in the day.
hey, he is not really brainwashed- they just caught him when he was stoned and implanted some kind of microchip in his head- he will be alright when the battery wears out.
Just sayin

Hiawassee, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
But the liberal hypocrisy just never ends. But of course Obama and his administration have graduated from the rank hypocrisy to the outright lies. The Federal Trade Commission cracks down on advertisers that falsely make claims for their products and pharmaceutical companies must make disclosures on possible side effects. But a politician can bend the truth into a pretzel or lie ("If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, period. If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan, period." with virtually no accountability or consequences - as long as he or she is a Democrat of course.
That depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
whom

Baldwin, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Scumbag politicos will run under any banner........

in order to feed at the trough....

"Ex-GOP Fla. Gov. Crist to run for job as Democrat "

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FLO...
whom

Baldwin, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

It's only a matter of time before this comes up on the U.N. agenda,,,,,controlling human induced Solar Flares...

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-...

redwinestan

Newnan, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

you guys are idiots it says 2010!

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally something I can agree with you on!
In all honesty, I don't agree with it. My stance is that those violating gun laws, should be punished, very harshly. I do not believe in writing regulatory laws that puts a burden, tax, or intrusion, into the lives of law abiding citizens. I do believe in punishing the hell out of those that are in violation of the laws we already have.

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2013

Judged:

Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the owner of a firearm should bee required to show proof a the safe where it will be maintained; proof that he/she has attended and passed a firearms safety course, and proof that's he/she carries at least $1,000,000 in liability insurance ready and available to pay for any and all damage done as a result of the firearm's use.
Seems very reasonable to have the knowledge of firearm safety, a safe place to secure the firearm, and the financial ability to compensate the victims of any misuse by the firearm.
I think you'd find that in today's age, most of the owners of firearms have taken a safety course at one time or another, secure their firearms properly, and are insured.

Punish the criminals, hard, deter improper behavior with hard penalties.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 28,341 - 28,360 of39,708
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Blue Ridge Discussions

Search the Blue Ridge Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
X-trem Printgraphics, Inc Rudeness (Jan '12) 6 hr Wife Beater 12
Movie Theater? 6 hr Rats 4
BR Topix posters you would like to meet 19 hr Caz 24
Lawyers 20 hr Rhonda 5
Larry Joe Sosebee Mon lifetimecitizen 3
Propane prices 2013-2014 Apr 20 Caz 47
Looking for Easter bunny Apr 20 Lanius LaForte 2
•••
•••