ChicknButt

Douglasville, GA

#29651 Nov 1, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And when someone is breaking into your house, I'm sure they won't mind if you say "Excuse me, would you just give me a moment while I get my gun out of my safe." Do not infringe on the rights of legal and responsible gun owners because of the idiotic actions of a very small minority.
Aggie, you're smarter than this and you know it. In this case you're promoting that the factor at play is "how long it takes to get a gun out of secure safe". How long to you think it takes? Are you visualizing some old episode of gunsmoke where the banker fumbles around with a rotary dial for 5 minutes to get the safe open? It takes about 1 second to unlock an iphone - and a gun safe could be just as fast. Biometric devices can be almost instantaneous.

And for that matter, who says that the gun has to be in the safe at all times? Certainly that's where the weapon should be when the house is unattended by the registered gun owner or kids are in the home.
one too many

Cordele, GA

#29652 Nov 1, 2013
just wondering wrote:
Does anybody pay attention to the poster in Cordele any more? It appears most of you aren't responding to his posts. Why that be?
well, you seem to- and that just really hurts me to my heart. So please, knock it off, please- would you!
one too many

Cordele, GA

#29653 Nov 1, 2013
one too many wrote:
<quoted text>well, you seem to- and that just really hurts me to my heart. So please, knock it off, please- would you!
BTW, only been to Cordele once or twice in my life- KMA!

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#29654 Nov 1, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Aggie, you're smarter than this and you know it. In this case you're promoting that the factor at play is "how long it takes to get a gun out of secure safe". How long to you think it takes? Are you visualizing some old episode of gunsmoke where the banker fumbles around with a rotary dial for 5 minutes to get the safe open? It takes about 1 second to unlock an iphone - and a gun safe could be just as fast. Biometric devices can be almost instantaneous.
And for that matter, who says that the gun has to be in the safe at all times? Certainly that's where the weapon should be when the house is unattended by the registered gun owner or kids are in the home.
And had you used that qualifying last paragraph in your prior post I would probably have not disagreed. But I will reiterate, do not penalize responsible, legal gun owners for the actions of the idiots and the thugs.
one too many

Cordele, GA

#29655 Nov 1, 2013
just wondering wrote:
Does anybody pay attention to the poster in Cordele any more? It appears most of you aren't responding to his posts. Why that be?
....but they ALL seem to be just clamoring to respond to yours! LOL.
one too many

Cordele, GA

#29656 Nov 1, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
And had you used that qualifying last paragraph in your prior post I would probably have not disagreed. But I will reiterate, do not penalize responsible, legal gun owners for the actions of the idiots and the thugs.
unlike wackos, this is one of the sides that I will cross against some of my friends. I just think that any more measures toward stricter gun control laws are, for the most part- an exercise in futility. With one exception, no one should have the right to own or possess an automatic weapon with a 25- 100 round clip!
one too many

Cordele, GA

#29657 Nov 1, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
OMTE is alright, even if he is temporarily a little brainwashed. He used to have some great comments about Bill back in the day.
hey, he is not really brainwashed- they just caught him when he was stoned and implanted some kind of microchip in his head- he will be alright when the battery wears out.
Just sayin

Dahlonega, GA

#29658 Nov 2, 2013
Aggie23 wrote:
<quoted text>
But the liberal hypocrisy just never ends. But of course Obama and his administration have graduated from the rank hypocrisy to the outright lies. The Federal Trade Commission cracks down on advertisers that falsely make claims for their products and pharmaceutical companies must make disclosures on possible side effects. But a politician can bend the truth into a pretzel or lie ("If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor, period. If you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan, period." with virtually no accountability or consequences - as long as he or she is a Democrat of course.
That depends on what the meaning of "is" is.
whom

Cleveland, GA

#29660 Nov 2, 2013

Scumbag politicos will run under any banner........

in order to feed at the trough....

"Ex-GOP Fla. Gov. Crist to run for job as Democrat "

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FLO...
whom

Cleveland, GA

#29661 Nov 2, 2013

It's only a matter of time before this comes up on the U.N. agenda,,,,,controlling human induced Solar Flares...

http://www.latimes.com/science/sciencenow/la-...

redwinestan

Newnan, GA

#29663 Nov 2, 2013
you guys are idiots it says 2010!

“Marble Man”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#29664 Nov 2, 2013
ChicknButt wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally something I can agree with you on!
In all honesty, I don't agree with it. My stance is that those violating gun laws, should be punished, very harshly. I do not believe in writing regulatory laws that puts a burden, tax, or intrusion, into the lives of law abiding citizens. I do believe in punishing the hell out of those that are in violation of the laws we already have.

“Marble Man”

Location hidden

#29665 Nov 2, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the owner of a firearm should bee required to show proof a the safe where it will be maintained; proof that he/she has attended and passed a firearms safety course, and proof that's he/she carries at least $1,000,000 in liability insurance ready and available to pay for any and all damage done as a result of the firearm's use.
Seems very reasonable to have the knowledge of firearm safety, a safe place to secure the firearm, and the financial ability to compensate the victims of any misuse by the firearm.
I think you'd find that in today's age, most of the owners of firearms have taken a safety course at one time or another, secure their firearms properly, and are insured.

Punish the criminals, hard, deter improper behavior with hard penalties.

“Marble Man”

Location hidden

#29666 Nov 2, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to see an intelligence test given to people before they're able to vote. We'd have a lot less libroids in power.
and a 1040, no back taxes owed.

“Marble Man”

Location hidden

#29667 Nov 2, 2013
Informed Opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Great post.
No matter how any children die, it will never effect how scared, cranky, old white guys feel about guns.
Guns to them represent masculinity, security, and safety from the impending marauding hordes of Blacks, Hispanics, Foreigners, Guv'ment Agents, and Yankees, that will soon be scouring Union County searching for trouble and white women.
That America has developed a "new" normal, an insanity previously beyond our wildest imaginations, where angry men and boys commit mass murders on a weekly basis, concerns them not a whit. In fact, instead of seeing the epidemic of mass murders as proof that we are too violent as a culture, they take pride in how violent we are.
As an expert in human motivation and science once said at a seminar in understanding human behavior:
"It's sad, but we can never improve America's violent culture as long as young minorities kids believe they haven't already lost at life, and cranky old insecure white guys believe they're losing."
But hey .... We can still buy our 30 round magazines for our AR-15a2s - so we are still "real men."
deterrence, first time offender, with a firearm, used in the crime, or not, life in prison. As far as your comment of kids having "lost at life", it has nothing to do with guns. Go write some laws to fix that problem.

Since: Jan 10

Location hidden

#29668 Nov 2, 2013
General Robert E Lee wrote:
<quoted text>
and a 1040, no back taxes owed.
+1, but it's not the libroid way, is it? How would people that want to tax the weathly more ever get elected?

“I don’t want someone who doesn’t pay ANY federal income taxes voting to determine how much I pay.” Especially that lady on the You Tube video with 15 kids saying, "somebody's gots to take care of my kids."

"I'm not going to let half the country that doesn't pay income taxes be burdened by the other half that doesn't pay their fair share." Yet, fair share has yet to be defined...
THINK AGAIN

Dahlonega, GA

#29669 Nov 2, 2013
Ga Girl 56 wrote:
Don't lose the train of thought going on here, or are you just trying to cover up what I mentioned a few minutes ago. Those are tactics of those that have no good answer for the flags not being lowered. What's wrong. Afraid of the truth.
What's wrong ???? Conservatives instance on no or almost no real control on guns in this country. That the REASON for all the deaths!!! You think that flying old glory at half staff is going to relieve you of that burden, think again.
truth be told

Dahlonega, GA

#29670 Nov 2, 2013
whom wrote:
I posted on this some time back, a prediction that seems to be coming true....
The whole point is for Obama to select and appoint who he wants....to do his bidding...
"WASHINGTON – Retired Army Maj. Gen. Patrick Brady, recipient of the U.S. military’s highest decoration, the Medal of Honor, as well as other top retired officers, say President Obama’s agenda is decimating the morale of the U.S. ranks to the point members no longer feel prepared to fight or have the desire to win.
“There is no doubt he (Obama) is intent on emasculating the military and will fire anyone who disagrees with him” over such issues as “homosexuals, women in foxholes, the Obama sequester,” Brady told WND."
http://www.wnd.com/2013/10/top-generals-obama...
One question, exactly when was the last time our troops actually WON a war. You know the answer, will you tell the truth or resort to more lies to try and make your point.(HINT:ww2, in the 40"s)

“Marble Man”

Location hidden

#29671 Nov 2, 2013
THINK AGAIN wrote:
<quoted text>
What's wrong ???? Conservatives instance on no or almost no real control on guns in this country. That the REASON for all the deaths!!! You think that flying old glory at half staff is going to relieve you of that burden, think again.
The REASON for all the deaths is human behavior, nothing more, nothing less.

“Marble Man”

Location hidden

#29672 Nov 2, 2013
Bill in Dville wrote:
<quoted text>
How would people that want to tax the weathly more ever get elected?
By implementing The Fair Tax.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Life Sucks! 45 min Maylee 1
Lawyers n Crooks go hand & hand 11 hr Waldo 3
kfc Sat bufu 2
wreck at wendy's traffic light (Jul '11) Sat BS in BR 3,152
our right to say things (Oct '11) Fri Skippy 36
Time is precious (Aug '14) Mar 27 Stacey 2
Forgive and Forget Mar 27 Butt Plug 2
Blue Ridge Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web