District attorney's office opposing Cruz waivers following...

Full story: Times-Standard

District Attorney Paul Gallegos has asked his prosecutors to oppose all Cruz waivers after a man released on one in August became a person of interest in an Old Arcata Road hit-and-run and a Hoopa homicide in September.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
End Times Watcher

Middletown, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

I am so sorry to read about the tragic death of Mrs. Hunt. May her brutal death not be in vain. There is a deeply embedded incompetence in mankind's most trusted positions in the county that has given refuge and defense to criminal nature and behavior and it needs to be rooted out before more lives are lost and pain is inflicted on the innocent.
Watcher

Middletown, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Until then the scumbags will "Cruz" on through your rural drug culture wonderland to their next victim/s unopposed like the woman who was also murdered in Hoopa in the same 24 hours allegedly by the same man. And no DA Gallegos, it was not the right decision at that time to release the man and not rearrest him for failure to appear in court. You couldn't be more wrong and your failure to recognize that it was a wrong decision that resulted in multiple tragedies, pain and suffering is deeply troubling to anyone with a shred of viable intellect.
Watcher

Middletown, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Eureka Times Standard- Quote
"A Cruz waiver is part of a plea deal, usually requested by a defendant in custody or a defense attorney, that releases the defendant prior to sentencing. A prosecutor can oppose the waiver, but the decision to release a defendant is ultimately up to a judge.
Jason Anthony Warren, 28, was arrested on a warrant related to his failure to appear for sentencing hours after the Sept. 27 hit-and-run that killed Humboldt State University geography instructor Suzanne Seemann -- the mother of two young children and wife of Humboldt County official Hank Seemann. She died at the scene. Her running partners, Eureka residents Jessica Hunt, 41, and Terri Vroman-Little, 50, were severely injured.
An investigation into the hit-and-run led to the discovery of 47-year-old Dorothy Ulrich's body in her Hoopa home.
Humboldt County Superior Court Judge Timothy Cissna released Warren from custody in late August on a Cruz waiver, part of a plea agreement that had him facing six years in prison with the stipulation that an assault change would be dropped if he showed up for his Sept. 7 sentencing."
Watcher

Middletown, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

End Times Watcher wrote:
I am so sorry to read about the tragic death of Mrs. Hunt. May her brutal death not be in vain. There is a deeply embedded incompetence in mankind's most trusted positions in the county that has given refuge and defense to criminal nature and behavior and it needs to be rooted out before more lives are lost and pain is inflicted on the innocent.
Mrs Hunt has survived the ordeal thankfully.
Watcher

Middletown, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 14, 2012

I am very sorry that Mrs. Suzanne Seemann lost her life doing what she enjoyed with her friends in the Humboldt community. It was an act of negligence at the very least by Jason Warren 28, that her safety was not assured by the County of Humboldt.
From Times Standard, Eureka, Ca
"Following the incident, Gallegos said he didn't question Deputy District Attorney Zachary Curtis' decision not to oppose Warren's Cruz waiver.
”It was the right decision for that time,” Gallegos told the Times-Standard last month.“With the benefit of hindsight, I wish to God we had opposed it, and I wish the judge hadn't released him.”"

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Blue Lake Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Blue Lake Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••