Cook County School district 130 and Y...

Cook County School district 130 and YOUR TAX dollars

Posted in the Blue Island Forum

Jackie Human

Midlothian, IL

#1 Nov 22, 2011
My name is Jackie Human and I am the transportation director for CCSD 130. I would like to let the community know a little bit about your school district administration. We are all concerned about our children being terrorized by bullies on the play ground, in the class room or on the bus. The really sad thing is that those of us who service you and your children are bullied as well, by the superintendent and other administration. In the last two months, I personally have been the target of Raymond Lauk, aparently angry about his losing his personal battle to fire principal Gmazel. Like Mr. Gmazel, I have worked in the district and have never been disciplined or had any major problms with transportation; at least none that couldnt be corrected. All of a sudden, I am being harassed and bullied. You see, Dr. Lauk likes to pick and chose what policies he is going to follow. The district's policy for transportation is if students live 1.5 mile away from the attending school. Lauk likes to push that, but then he also wants to give transportation to early morning extra curricular programs, for students residing less than 1.5 miles. He cut out bussing for our students goig to the ALC, which has always been a part of that program, if those students dont live 1.5 miles away. Lauk insisted that a parent come in and work with me on the music bussing project. I did meet with the parent and after the meeting, I sent Dr. Lauk an email, summorizing that meeting and was responded to with arrogance, telling me that was not what HE was expecting from me, impling that I am ignoring his directives and being less than subordinate. Dr. Lauk, along with the HR director and the Business manager, who is my direct supervisor, are clearly attempting to find ways to terminate me, forcing me to have to obtain legal council.

The district office is full of staff members who come in 10-25 minutes late on a daily basis, who do NOT stay and make up the time, secretaries who do persoanl work on the districts time and money, yet Dr. Lauk and the other two administrators look the other way. Maybe rather than harassing the ACTUAL hard workers like me, Dr. Lauk and other administration should be cleaning up their own houses, and leave those of us who actually work for our money, what little I make in comparison to Lauks nearly 200K a year, public record, alone to do our jobs.

I know you may think I am a disgruntled employee, but I am not, I am simply someone who works hard, cares about the students and does not deserve to be harassed or bullied out of a job that I have been, and still am damn good at.

Board of Education, please, I am begging you, stop allowing this man to harass people in the district. Stop letting him LIE about people like he did with Mr. Gmazel, stop letting him bully the staff, and hold him accountable for the lawsuits that will come from his terrorizing reign on this once wonderful district. He has suffocated morale and had killed the spirit of many. Raymond Lauk is equivellent to the nasty school yard bully and if we are trying to stop bullying in our schools, shouldnt it start with the man who "RUNS" 130 Education????
Jackie Human

Midlothian, IL

#2 Nov 22, 2011
My mistake, the subject was not corrected before it sent. Subject should be "CCSD 130 Head Bully"
BlueIsland Parent

Alsip, IL

#3 Nov 23, 2011
Jackie Human wrote:
My mistake, the subject was not corrected before it sent. Subject should be "CCSD 130 Head Bully"
IF and I do mean "IF", what you say is true ....then the School Board should be held accountable for what is happening. They are suppose to serve the Students, Parents & Taxpayers of the District and not the other way around.
IF the Superintendent is doing what you accuse him of then...yes something must be done. But until there is corroboration of your accusations, then all we have here now is "Sour Grapes" from an employee of the District. Nothing new.
Bravo to a Brave Lady

Alsip, IL

#4 Nov 24, 2011
You are one brave soul - I know this is all true. Thank you - you are helping (hopefully) to resolve this dark time in CCSD 130s long history.
BI4LIFE

Orland Park, IL

#5 Dec 1, 2011
When one person cries wolf, it may not be so. But when it is a general consensus among those who are there, it must be so. Not only does this guy bully the staff but also our board. How dare he scream at his employers? How dare they let him? School board DO YOUR
BI4LIFE

Orland Park, IL

#6 Dec 1, 2011
BI4LIFE wrote:
When one person cries wolf, it may not be so. But when it is a general consensus among those who are there, it must be so. Not only does this guy bully the staff but also our board. How dare he scream at his employers? How dare they let him? School board DO YOUR
DO YOUR JOB!
Blue Island tax payer

Thornton, IL

#7 Dec 1, 2011
BI4LIFE wrote:
Every time I turn around, Dr. Lauk is bullying or threatening some one who in turn gets an attorney, and the taxpayers end up paying for over-time with Burt Odelson. You just have ask what is going on with our school board to allow this kind money to go out of the window in SD 130.
Resident

Midlothian, IL

#8 Dec 1, 2011
BI4LIFE wrote:

Maybe its time we, the taxpayers, come out for a school board meeting to see exactly what is going on. If the Dist. 130 School Board is allowing this type of behavior to go on maybe they need to be replaced as well. I hate to break it to everyone but they all work for us, the taxpayer, we need to remember this and make sure they remember this.
BITaxpayer

Alsip, IL

#9 Dec 2, 2011
There is only 1 board member who gives a damn & is the squeaky wheel that the President of the Board tries to muzzle and Dr. Lauk can not stand to deal with...Miss Ann Rapp. She is, as I've said, THE ONLY 1 VOICE THAT speaks out for us. The rest are bobble heads and quite useless. They have their agenda and we the taxpayers and parents are not part of it.
former district employee

Park Forest, IL

#10 Dec 6, 2011
Mrs. Human fail to mention that she is a bully as well It takes one to know one.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#11 Dec 6, 2011
former district employee wrote:
Mrs. Human fail to mention that she is a bully as well It takes one to know one.
sounds like a angry and bitter person who doesnt want to do what they are suposed to do. ms. humans story seems to be proven by other persons comments as well as public board meeting attendees. I think ms. human does the best she can with what she actually has to work with; staff and adminitrasion.she has always been very helpful to me am my family an many other familys. maybe there a reason you are suposenly a former employee.
sd130 employee

Blue Island, IL

#12 Dec 6, 2011
There are many things going on in SD130. I see every day the abuses to our tax dollars. How many administrators actually live in district and help pay for our schools ( and their hefty salaries)? Why are paraprofessionals asked to do more each day with no recourse other than to complain and get fired? Why do teachers have tenure after 2 years so the district is stuck with them forever, until retirement, regardless of performance? Why are inadequate teachers shifted from school to school so that every year a new group of students fall behind? Why is no one talking about all the children from OUTSIDE our district who, everyone knows the kids that live in Harvey and Chicago as well as other towns, do NOT pay taxes here but enjoy a free education at our expense? In the last 5 years this district has headed steadily downhill. I'm glad my children are grown yet I gladly pay taxes for yours, shouldn't you stand up to this administration? Maybe lots of early retirements?!
dist 130 parent

Chicago, IL

#13 Dec 7, 2011
I recently had to go to Dr. Lauk regarding my 5 year old being unsupervised in the hallways at school which led to my 5 year old exiting the building. He said my 5 year old should have been "disciplined by the school" for their lack of supervision! He is definitely here just for a paycheck and could otherwise care less about the students, parents and coworkers.
PRParent

Glenwood, IL

#14 Dec 7, 2011
sd130 employee wrote:
There are many things going on in SD130. I see every day the abuses to our tax dollars. How many administrators actually live in district and help pay for our schools ( and their hefty salaries)? Why are paraprofessionals asked to do more each day with no recourse other than to complain and get fired? Why do teachers have tenure after 2 years so the district is stuck with them forever, until retirement, regardless of performance? Why are inadequate teachers shifted from school to school so that every year a new group of students fall behind? Why is no one talking about all the children from OUTSIDE our district who, everyone knows the kids that live in Harvey and Chicago as well as other towns, do NOT pay taxes here but enjoy a free education at our expense? In the last 5 years this district has headed steadily downhill. I'm glad my children are grown yet I gladly pay taxes for yours, shouldn't you stand up to this administration? Maybe lots of early retirements?!
Yes all this is true! The paraprofessionals are being used like donkeys in the schools! They are asked to do the job of what twice their number should be doing. The Tax dollars? Why does the District not produce the books to show the public where all their tax dollars are going? Why is it that when such an audit is asked to be done it is summarily voted down every time. Why are so many of the Board members always seem to be going off to so-called seminars & conferences in luxury locations and resorts? And when questioned about it..the questioner is treated like a Plague carrier & told it is Board business that they would not understand! How insulting is that?! And what about vehicles that are being used to squire these exalted people around when they attend these little outings?
Audis, BMW's and Jaguars? What is going one here?!
BI resident

Dallas, TX

#15 Dec 8, 2011
I cannot speak much as to Dr Lauk, however I think we should draw equal attention to Blue Island's other bully "doctor," Dr Rauch. That man has no people skills at all. He pretends to care, smiles and performs his monkey act, but at the end of the day all he is concerned about is looking as though he cares and knows the community. He doesn't know anything. He is a complete joke, a fraud, arrogant, and two faced. That's the truth, but too many people at the school are afraid to say it because he too is a bully.
Crestwood Taxpayer

Blue Island, IL

#16 Dec 9, 2011
"There is only 1 board member who gives a damn & is the squeaky wheel that the President of the Board tries to muzzle and Dr. Lauk can not stand to deal with...Miss Ann Rapp. She is, as I've said, THE ONLY 1 VOICE THAT speaks out for us. The rest are bobble heads and quite useless. They have their agenda and we the taxpayers and parents are not part of it."
I have been to several Board meetings where other Board members have spoken up in opposition of a recommendation by Dr. Lauk or other Administrators. I disagree with your statement that Ms. Rapp is the only Board Member who does so. I may not always like the way the Board votes (uniform policy), but I don't think they're all drones. There are a couple of other good eggs besides Ms. Rapp.
mommie

Blue Island, IL

#17 Dec 9, 2011
Jackie Human wrote:
My name is Jackie Human and I am the transportation director for CCSD 130. I would like to let the community know a little bit about your school district administration. We are all concerned about our children being terrorized by bullies on the play ground, in the class room or on the bus. The really sad thing is that those of us who service you and your children are bullied as well, by the superintendent and other administration. In the last two months, I personally have been the target of Raymond Lauk, aparently angry about his losing his personal battle to fire principal Gmazel. Like Mr. Gmazel, I have worked in the district and have never been disciplined or had any major problms with transportation; at least none that couldnt be corrected. All of a sudden, I am being harassed and bullied. You see, Dr. Lauk likes to pick and chose what policies he is going to follow. The district's policy for transportation is if students live 1.5 mile away from the attending school. Lauk likes to push that, but then he also wants to give transportation to early morning extra curricular programs, for students residing less than 1.5 miles. He cut out bussing for our students goig to the ALC, which has always been a part of that program, if those students dont live 1.5 miles away. Lauk insisted that a parent come in and work with me on the music bussing project. I did meet with the parent and after the meeting, I sent Dr. Lauk an email, summorizing that meeting and was responded to with arrogance, telling me that was not what HE was expecting from me, impling that I am ignoring his directives and being less than subordinate. Dr. Lauk, along with the HR director and the Business manager, who is my direct supervisor, are clearly attempting to find ways to terminate me, forcing me to have to obtain legal council.
The district office is full of staff members who come in 10-25 minutes late on a daily basis, who do NOT stay and make up the time, secretaries who do persoanl work on the districts time and money, yet Dr. Lauk and the other two administrators look the other way. Maybe rather than harassing the ACTUAL hard workers like me, Dr. Lauk and other administration should be cleaning up their own houses, and leave those of us who actually work for our money, what little I make in comparison to Lauks nearly 200K a year, public record, alone to do our jobs.
I know you may think I am a disgruntled employee, but I am not, I am simply someone who works hard, cares about the students and does not deserve to be harassed or bullied out of a job that I have been, and still am damn good at.
Board of Education, please, I am begging you, stop allowing this man to harass people in the district. Stop letting him LIE about people like he did with Mr. Gmazel, stop letting him bully the staff, and hold him accountable for the lawsuits that will come from his terrorizing reign on this once wonderful district. He has suffocated morale and had killed the spirit of many. Raymond Lauk is equivellent to the nasty school yard bully and if we are trying to stop bullying in our schools, shouldnt it start with the man who "RUNS" 130 Education????
get real you treat orhwr people.like.crap plus u went job hunting on our dime.jst quite
mommie

Blue Island, IL

#18 Dec 9, 2011
Omg u kidding me u went job huntng on our dime plus your.a nasty person to.deal.with
Still There Huh

Alsip, IL

#19 Jan 3, 2012
Lauk is still there, huh. Wow. What a mess.
thinkin

Chicago, IL

#20 Jan 3, 2012
so true in regards to "dr." rauch.The tax payers of our community fail our youth by not attending meetinge all this occurs behind doors that are open to the public but then its to late whrn you want to complain because all is said and done. at least at the 130 level you can voice something where at 218 I have yet to hear anything of anyone attending dist 218 meeting. well perhaps, they feel they are not effected due to them moving out of the district and their children wont be attending 218 or they will be attending a private school. If they are upset at 130 the worst is yet to come at 218.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BIIP and Blue Island 2 hr Watchdog 139
Local Politics Do you approve of Robert Rita as State Represen... (Mar '12) 3 hr CASA 25
property taxes and theives (Nov '09) 7 hr watchdog 95
Lasalle king the new police chief in blue island 18 hr Plain and Simple 31
Improving OUR Community 19 hr Improving Our Com... 86
Can someone answer my question? 21 hr Watchdog 15
2018 MLK parade on Western? 21 hr Taxpayer 11

Blue Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blue Island Mortgages