Modern Drop Forge to move its Blue Island operations to Merrillville, Ind.

Posted in the Blue Island Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 53 Comments Last updated May 31, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Long Time Blue Islander

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 23, 2011
 
The Governor

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 23, 2011
 
Long Time Blue Islander wrote:
http://southtownstar.suntimes. com/news/7230117-420/blue-isla nd-mayor-parts-makers-move-to- indiana-a-big-loss.html
Thank you Governor and our State Rep's for causing another business to leave Illinois due to higher taxes.
Micro_wave

Orland Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 23, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Our Reps are uneducated. Not all of them, but I think of the southside reps and how they are quoted in print, and I think wow. Look at Bobby "I got me a G.E.D." Rita. He doesn't understand the basics of economics. The only "micro" he knows is "wave". Oh, and that "I got me a G.E.D." is something I heard him say once. He just takes his orders like a good little puppet and then plays to the crowd as if he has done us huge favors. Everywhere we look, local, state, federal....we are being played for fools.
thinkin

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 23, 2011
 
This not the news when the gov. annonced higher taxes many took the high road this not a large company that can reap benifits by staying here in Il. so they have no choice but to leave.
Max

Oak Lawn, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 23, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

thinkin wrote:
This not the news when the gov. annonced higher taxes many took the high road this not a large company that can reap benifits by staying here in Il. so they have no choice but to leave.
What are you talking about no choice? Mayor Peloquin shoved the utility tax down their throat. To add insult to injury. Ignore the real problem.
JayKing

Janesville, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 23, 2011
 
When it was the hospital, Mayor Peloquin mounted an all-out effort. Why wasn't the same done for Modern Drop Forge? A $5.5 million tax break spread over a number of years is a pittance compared to what the hospital got. Even if it was necessary for BI to give a larger tax break to account for the difference in workers comp costs in Indiana, wouldn't it have been worth it to keep the business and the jobs in BI? I blame the City on this one.
BLUEISLANDER

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Aug 24, 2011
 

Judged:

3

2

1

JayKing wrote:
When it was the hospital, Mayor Peloquin mounted an all-out effort. Why wasn't the same done for Modern Drop Forge? A $5.5 million tax break spread over a number of years is a pittance compared to what the hospital got. Even if it was necessary for BI to give a larger tax break to account for the difference in workers comp costs in Indiana, wouldn't it have been worth it to keep the business and the jobs in BI? I blame the City on this one.
In all honesty you have too look at the big picture. Modern Drop Forge is living on vapors now. It will not be in business much longer. It will be bought out or taken over by a big outfit or the Chinese. Manufacturing in this country is a relic of the past. We are becoming a service oriented nation and a Computer/Data/High Tech MFG. center. The days of doing factory work is over. This country needs highly educated technical workers
or massive toilet bowel cleaners. There will come a time when the population of this country will wake up and see what has happened & why it has become a second class country behind India, China, Japan and Western Europe. Our education system is in the toilet and our young people worship Gangster Rap/Hip-Hop singers who know how to make their followers be stupid all the time. The Asians laugh at us knowing that we allowed the USA to become bottom feeders.
weeping

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

BLUEISLANDER wrote:
<quoted text>
The Asians laugh at us knowing that we allowed the USA to become bottom feeders.
Former Russian President Gorbachev once said they wouldn't have to invade this country, They'll just sit back and watch it self-destruct then just take it. Looks like the old goat might have known what he was talking about?

Since: May 10

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 24, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

BLUEISLANDER wrote:
<quoted text>In all honesty you have too look at the big picture. Modern Drop Forge is living on vapors now. It will not be in business much longer. It will be bought out or taken over by a big outfit or the Chinese. Manufacturing in this country is a relic of the past. We are becoming a service oriented nation and a Computer/Data/High Tech MFG. center. The days of doing factory work is over. This country needs highly educated technical workers
or massive toilet bowel cleaners. There will come a time when the population of this country will wake up and see what has happened & why it has become a second class country behind India, China, Japan and Western Europe. Our education system is in the toilet and our young people worship Gangster Rap/Hip-Hop singers who know how to make their followers be stupid all the time. The Asians laugh at us knowing that we allowed the USA to become bottom feeders.
And we keep electing lefties ! We deserve it !
BLUEISLANDER

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 25, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

greg 121 wrote:
<quoted text>
And we keep electing lefties ! We deserve it !
You only look at one side greg. It is both sides who are equally at fault with our pathetic state of affairs. But most of all it is our neighbors and fellow Americans who have let our nation become a cesspool of incompetent idiots and parasites at the tax funded public trough. Our duly elected officials seem to think they if they placate the lowest common denominator of our community that they will reap the votes necessary to keep them in office. I myself, am sick and tired of hearing this rubbish of "Racism" and "Bias" when it comes to their OWN welfare. Not the countries. And yet they do not have the common sense or the jahones to call out their own when it comes to crime or public malfeasance. Who do you see in preponderance when it comes to "Panhandling" in the city and surrounding areas? I do not see Asians, Hindus, Whites or even Mexicans!
We as a nation must do something about this and our education system. The Japanese once made a comment about the "Gaijins" in US society.
They said they are the one aspect of the US that hampers and impedes their advancement in the leadership of the world. They make the USA a non-cohesive entity.....So true.
Joker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 26, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

Keep voting democrat and this will continue. Wake up people and cut off scum bags who never work nor do they attempt to get a job because soft ass democrats will give them free shit anyways...NO MORE LINK CARDS to use less pieces of shit that contribute nothing to society except more basterd kids. Deport illegals and bring back extended jail terms and death penalties to stop this epidemic
BI Jew

Blue Island, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 26, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Joker wrote:
Keep voting democrat and this will continue. Wake up people and cut off scum bags who never work nor do they attempt to get a job because soft ass democrats will give them free shit anyways...NO MORE LINK CARDS to use less pieces of shit that contribute nothing to society except more basterd kids. Deport illegals and bring back extended jail terms and death penalties to stop this epidemic
My God in Heaven! Change some of these words and make "illegals" to "Jews" and this rubbish sounds like something Dr. Joseph Goebbels screamed to an SA meeting in Munich 1933. Frightening to me as a Jew to even think somebody in the United States would still utter such blasphemy.
Looker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 26, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Mr Goebbels was riding the wave of National Socialism, the feeling of the times.

This was the impetus for bringing Germany out of its depression and losses after WWI and the economical disaster that was Versailles.
It created an industrial giant, albeit war machine at the same time as creating a society of prejudice and mayhem against those maligned, not for being poor, but for being successful.

Were these words spoken by a Tea Party or other fringe candidate I may agree, but such is not the course.

We are caught up in a wave of Democratic Socialism and it bears bitter fruit.

Mr. Obama's wealth redistribution is not earned, it is given away for little benefit, and that is what the poster was alluding to. We have created a welfare state which will rebel once those entitlements are taken away, just watch. Most say "Don't take my money away", even though they never earned it in the first place.

Maybe if it was American Indians, I could agree with you (in the 1800's), but injustice was bestowed upon them by the US Government as well, with those broken promises.

You are being narish with your criticism.
How many of one's Jewish brethren use link cards?

BLUEISLANDER

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 26, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Looker wrote:
Mr Goebbels was riding the wave of National Socialism, the feeling of the times.
This was the impetus for bringing Germany out of its depression and losses after WWI and the economical disaster that was Versailles.
It created an industrial giant, albeit war machine at the same time as creating a society of prejudice and mayhem against those maligned, not for being poor, but for being successful.
Were these words spoken by a Tea Party or other fringe candidate I may agree, but such is not the course.
We are caught up in a wave of Democratic Socialism and it bears bitter fruit.
Mr. Obama's wealth redistribution is not earned, it is given away for little benefit, and that is what the poster was alluding to. We have created a welfare state which will rebel once those entitlements are taken away, just watch. Most say "Don't take my money away", even though they never earned it in the first place.
Maybe if it was American Indians, I could agree with you (in the 1800's), but injustice was bestowed upon them by the US Government as well, with those broken promises.
You are being narish with your criticism.
How many of one's Jewish brethren use link cards?
To say that it is Democratic Socialism that has caused woe in this country is a smoke screen and pure BS of the most heinous kind! This nation was in trouble long before Mr. Obama was in office. Despite all the naysayers who declare it wasn't....it was. GOP lies and half truths starting from the White House on down contributed to what we have now. 8 years of a war we should have never gotten into and were mis-leaded into did not help matters. Both sides of the aisles are too blame for what we have now. The Democrats & Republicans have made this country a laughingstock. Maybe National Socialism is not a bad answer to what ails us. All we need is a scapegoat. Hell some of you are already using the Mexicans and other's blame Afro-Americans. The only thing we haven't talked about are detention camps for these enemies of the state!
De Nial

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 28, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Long Time Blue Islander wrote:
http://southtownstar.suntimes. com/news/7230117-420/blue-isla nd-mayor-parts-makers-move-to- indiana-a-big-loss.html
Another epic failure brought to The City of Blue Island by City Hall.
fairness

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 28, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Peloquin has a lot of nerve, given his abysmal track record as mayor of B.I., to run for higher office.

However, in fairness, it is common knowledge that the B.I. facility is antiquated and not able to facilitate modern forging. No matter what the tax break or incentive, the current B.I. location could not be set up to facilitate modern forging.

Perhaps if our Mayor was ever was on top of things, a new site in B.I. could have been located, or at least discussed, but when was the last time our mayor was accused of taking care of business?
De Nial

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 28, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The Blue Island mayor has made it very clear he is very busy taking care of his family business and exploring a run against Bobby Rush.
After all there are limits to what anyone can do with 168 hours in week!:)
thinkin

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 29, 2011
 
To add insult to injury. the employees have to reapply for their jobs, once the move is made. Are these union busting tactics? Loss of senority of benifits apparently this company does not value its employees.

Since: May 10

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 29, 2011
 

Judged:

1

BLUEISLANDER wrote:
<quoted text>To say that it is Democratic Socialism that has caused woe in this country is a smoke screen and pure BS of the most heinous kind! This nation was in trouble long before Mr. Obama was in office. Despite all the naysayers who declare it wasn't....it was. GOP lies and half truths starting from the White House on down contributed to what we have now. 8 years of a war we should have never gotten into and were mis-leaded into did not help matters. Both sides of the aisles are too blame for what we have now. The Democrats & Republicans have made this country a laughingstock. Maybe National Socialism is not a bad answer to what ails us. All we need is a scapegoat. Hell some of you are already using the Mexicans and other's blame Afro-Americans. The only thing we haven't talked about are detention camps for these enemies of the state!
Of you want national socialism leave this country. look at other socialist countries there running out of other peoples money ie Egypt stupid frickin comment ! Obamas driven off the cliff wake up !
Linda

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 29, 2011
 
Sad

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

10 Users are viewing the Blue Island Forum right now

Search the Blue Island Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 47 min Religionthebiglie 48,900
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr All better now 3,830
State Rep 28th Bob Rita is not addressing the ... 2 hr Flooding Continues 4
Let's stop this nonsense with John Rita (Jan '14) 12 hr Legal 30
City Attorney ShawnTe Raines has No Municipal A... (Jan '14) 20 hr gov cheese 46
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Thu KrisChristie 1,856
Is Blue Island Going The Way Of Cicero? (Oct '13) Wed Scramble 11
•••
•••
•••
Blue Island Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Blue Island Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Blue Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Blue Island News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blue Island
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••