First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Anthr4years

Carol Stream, IL

#1 Oct 26, 2012
Rumor has it that Vargas is selling his soul to the devil in order to win. Peloquin has "suggested" a Clerk for him in order to get his old votes.. Rita is "suggesting" other candidates for his Calumet Township Wards to run on Vargas's ticket as well. I'm assuming Rita will Bilotto run on his ticket though I haven't heard anything about that. What a sellout. Way to have a spine "Mayor" Vargas.
Yep

Robbins, IL

#2 Oct 26, 2012
Good ol Carmine will probably be his treasurer.
Tom

Orland Park, IL

#3 Oct 26, 2012
Is that why Republican Jimmy Johanson been go around town saying he's going to vote for Obama
oh yeah we tired of jimmy

Blue Island, IL

#4 Oct 26, 2012
Tom wrote:
Is that why Republican Jimmy Johanson been go around town saying he's going to vote for Obama
What you must understand about jimmy, is that some elections he is on your side of the fence! Some elections he is on both sides of the fence! And finally, some elections he is under the fence. Comrad, do you get my drift?
Interesting

Chicago, IL

#5 Oct 26, 2012
Double Clutch Unsuspecting Voters.
Topics Gets Answers

Chicago, IL

#6 Oct 27, 2012
Anthr4years wrote:
Rumor has it that Vargas is selling his soul to the devil in order to win. Peloquin has "suggested" a Clerk for him in order to get his old votes. Rita is "suggesting" other candidates for his Calumet Township Wards to run on Vargas's ticket as well. I'm assuming Rita will run Bilotto on this ticket though I haven't heard anything about that. What a sell out. Way to have a spine "Mayor" Vargas.
I heard Randy Heuser wants to be our next town clerk. One can only wonder if elected will his kids and Karen Burmeisters kids get better paying city jobs than the jobs that they have now in dist218???
See the Whole Picture

Chicago, IL

#7 Oct 27, 2012
Domingo Vargas, Mayor, Randy Heuser, Clerk, Carmine Bilotto, Treasurer, NOT FOR US!
Islander

Chicago, IL

#8 Oct 27, 2012
What is Bob Rita getting?
johnny

Orland Park, IL

#9 Oct 27, 2012
Bob Rita gets the keys to the city
You Are Right

Chicago, IL

#10 Oct 27, 2012
See the Whole Picture wrote:
Domingo Vargas, Mayor, Randy Heuser, Clerk, Carmine Bilotto, Treasurer, NOT FOR US!
They've already served and double crossed the taxpayers for to long by serving themselves instead of the public.
Maybe

Robbins, IL

#11 Oct 27, 2012
Islander wrote:
What is Bob Rita getting?
He gets Bilotto in on Vargas ticket as Treasurer along with probably a few other alderman for wards in his Calumet Township. Peloquin and Rita have Vargas as their puppet. Sad.
Sick of It

Chicago, IL

#13 Oct 27, 2012
Politics is sick business.
Bad Business

Chicago, IL

#14 Oct 27, 2012
Politics is Bad Business.
Sandra

Plymouth, MN

#15 Oct 27, 2012
What has Rita done that's so horrible? He's gotten grants to redo streets, etc. What has the other state rep, Monique Davis done?
Last I checked, Peloquin has been the one burying the town, not Rita.

If the rumors are true, good for Vargas. Maybe together they can get more grants and start improving the city.
Yep

Robbins, IL

#16 Oct 27, 2012
Sandra wrote:
What has Rita done that's so horrible? He's gotten grants to redo streets, etc. What has the other state rep, Monique Davis done?
Last I checked, Peloquin has been the one burying the town, not Rita.
If the rumors are true, good for Vargas. Maybe together they can get more grants and start improving the city.
"They" should be able to get more grants regardless of who's in office. Rita, Peloquin, whoever, should be working with anyone and everyone who is elected. It shouldn't be Tit for Tat. Favor for favor. That's the real problem. And have you ever seen some of the garbage the "democratic" party buses in for these elections? I'm a democrat but on election day, I'm embarrassed. This town's city council should not have to be held hostage by those who were elected to "lead" us. They should set examples of civility, not this crap they have been doing for the past 4, 8, or 20 years. I have no doubt good intentions are present within their motives, but it's not the only thing present. THis is why their character comes into question. That is why people are suspicious of government. That is why I won't vote for Peloquin AND Rita AKA Vargas.
PoorGuy

Robbins, IL

#17 Oct 27, 2012
Besides, Vargas is a f&$*ing weirdo. Have you ever met the guy? Something is missing there. Rita's backing or not, Peloquin's backing or not....I can't vote for him. I can't say more than that and if you guys know him personally you know what I'm talking about. I feel bad for the guy but come on...
FormerCASAmember

Midlothian, IL

#18 Oct 27, 2012
PoorGuy wrote:
Besides, Vargas is a f&$*ing weirdo. Have you ever met the guy? Something is missing there. Rita's backing or not, Peloquin's backing or not....I can't vote for him. I can't say more than that and if you guys know him personally you know what I'm talking about. I feel bad for the guy but come on...
Libel & slander can get you in trouble. Innuendo also will get you in trouble. Vargas is an attorney who knows how to get a judge to sign a decree to get an Internet site to open up & tell him who is libeling him. The Internet is not a free zone anymore to call people names or make disturbing accusations. Use your head. There has been precedence where a site was ordered to tell people who is libeling and where they live.
Seriously

Chicago, IL

#19 Oct 27, 2012
Seriously, career politicians have been Double Crossing taxpayers for years, serving themselves with appointments for professional services, no bid contracts, ignoring best practice, professional ethics, the law, the public, municipality, students, and taxpayers they should have served. We have seen this happen, and by the way, some were charged and have gone to jail.
Maybe

Robbins, IL

#20 Oct 27, 2012
FormerCASAmember wrote:
<quoted text>
Libel & slander can get you in trouble. Innuendo also will get you in trouble. Vargas is an attorney who knows how to get a judge to sign a decree to get an Internet site to open up & tell him who is libeling him. The Internet is not a free zone anymore to call people names or make disturbing accusations. Use your head. There has been precedence where a site was ordered to tell people who is libeling and where they live.
....Oh Jeezus...quiet, Domingo.
You are kidding right

Midlothian, IL

#21 Oct 27, 2012
Yep wrote:
<quoted text>
"They" should be able to get more grants regardless of who's in office. Rita, Peloquin, whoever, should be working with anyone and everyone who is elected. It shouldn't be Tit for Tat. Favor for favor. That's the real problem. And have you ever seen some of the garbage the "democratic" party buses in for these elections? I'm a democrat but on election day, I'm embarrassed. This town's city council should not have to be held hostage by those who were elected to "lead" us. They should set examples of civility, not this crap they have been doing for the past 4, 8, or 20 years. I have no doubt good intentions are present within their motives, but it's not the only thing present. THis is why their character comes into question. That is why people are suspicious of government. That is why I won't vote for Peloquin AND Rita AKA Vargas.
So you'll be voting for Rush and Brown?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Give Governor Rauner a chance 41 min Illinois needs le... 3
Let's talk about the condition of our city stre... 13 hr Microburst 28
What's up with the building police? 16 hr Wahhhbulance 2
City Council Two Minutes Limit Designed to Disc... 19 hr GottaGetOutofThis... 71
Blue Island Water (Oct '14) 19 hr GottaGetOutofThis... 37
Justice for Carlos Salgado (Jun '11) 23 hr Peloquin 79
Budget balancing ideas (Sep '14) Fri Its worth your time 21
More from around the web

Blue Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]