Don Paloquin

Tommy Brown

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Mayor Tommy Brown

Midlothian, IL

#1 Mar 14, 2009
My fellow Blue Islanders are you content with steady down fall and deteration of our town. Our town has been in this state before the recession It is time for new blood new ideas People let me give you a light bulb moment The current mayor has the same ideas as our past president yes they are both republicans strange blue island being a blue collar community many people are not aware of this and the strange thing is you want more of this are you a glutten for punishment Stop and think! all the business that have left. No ethic code but the man wants a raise he wants home rule only his cronies benifit its not what you know but who you know that counts here. Ironicly acouple years ago when other people were running for alderman the big thing from the mayor was they had degrees now of the bobbleheads left perhaps only 1or2 people forgot the grants that the mayor recieved in the past were doled out to his cronies all new hires are political related and people boost about it and the list goes on
Mayor Tommy Brown

Midlothian, IL

#2 Mar 14, 2009
THIS is the SECOND time he is running for mayor.
TOMMY_JOKE

Muncie, IN

#3 Mar 17, 2009
If Tommy Brown speaks or writes anything like you sir or madame, God save Blue Island if he even comes close to Mayor Peloquin. P.S. Mayor Peloquin has been in office for approximately 25 years. You think there is a reason for that? I'm taken back at your dissatisfaction that our Mayor would ask for a raise. Do you know what the man's salary is? If you did, you may understand why. Back to flippin' burgers for you dear uninformed citizen, if you are a Blue Island resident. In the event you are, pick up a book.
sick of it

Chicago, IL

#4 Mar 18, 2009
TOMMY_JOKE wrote:
If Tommy Brown speaks or writes anything like you sir or madame, God save Blue Island if he even comes close to Mayor Peloquin. P.S. Mayor Peloquin has been in office for approximately 25 years. You think there is a reason for that? I'm taken back at your dissatisfaction that our Mayor would ask for a raise. Do you know what the man's salary is? If you did, you may understand why. Back to flippin' burgers for you dear uninformed citizen, if you are a Blue Island resident. In the event you are, pick up a book.
If he loves his job so much do it for free. He has plenty of money. As for bobbleheads thats a great name for his council cronies.
Tommy Browns Friend

Markham, IL

#5 Mar 18, 2009
That's funny....when I spoke with Tommy Brown last summer he was for the Mayor's raise but was advised not to say so. Tommy is a nice guy but has no experience to run a city. Blue Island may need change, but I don't think Tommy Brown is the one to bring change to Blue Island and especially with the economy the way it is. I think it's to risky....as for Mr. Brown's accusations that the city has mismanaged city funds is false! Those funds are investment funds and loose their value the same way your 401K does. If anyone had half a brain, they would realize that the economy has plaid a big roll in the loss of funds.
BI Resident

Crest Hill, IL

#6 Mar 19, 2009
I am curious to what you have done in your career and life that would qualify you to be Mayor of Blue Island, Mr. Brown (because you are NOT Mayor Brown). I am not disqualifying your achievements, but I do not feel you obtain the adequate experience to lead the City of Blue Island (and yes, "City" would be capitalized...). As a Blue Islander, I am thankful someone like you has passion for our great city and you dedicated to staying a lifelong resident, but it does not mean you have the experience or education to run a municipality. Mayor Peloquin is doing the best he can during this tough economic situation that faces our great country. Many parts of the Economic Plan have been implemented, and there are very exciting things happening (despite the recession) within the City in terms of programs & development. Mayor Peloquin is the reason that MetroSouth took over St.Francis. His dedication, motivation, drive, and passion to see Blue Island succeed cannot be denied and is evident in everything he does. In regards to the Mayor requesting full time pay: It is NOT uncommon to have a full time mayor. Blue Island is behind the times in this situation! Actually, it is a very common thing in most suburbs, and the amount of money that was requested as salary was WELL BELOW what many south suburban mayors are receiving! Fellow Blue Islanders, please keep our City moving in the right direction on April 7th and vote for the REAL Mayor.... Mayor Peloquin.
turbo

Midlothian, IL

#7 Mar 25, 2009
you know i was unsure about tommy brown. but when you really do your home work and know the facts about the corruption in the blue island park district and he is behind marsha and maria for commisioner, and they are also backed by al pizza john murphy, and the former commisioner (president) wayne wolfe. that sounds like an honest mayor! NOT! maybe state's attorneys office needs to investigate the entire town!! why if wolfe and the two cronnies did nothing wrong why did he resign??? why if he was the cause of brendan and dominick to resign, he was also one of the commisioners who voted to bring them back?? no brain sergion needed for this one .dominick knows what to shred. sorry brendan your not smart enough, you couldn't manage a port-a-pot.
turbo

Midlothian, IL

#8 Mar 25, 2009
you know i was unsure about tommy brown. but when you really do your home work and know the facts about the corruption in the blue island park district and peloquin is behind marsha and maria for commisioner, and they are also backed by al pizza john murphy, and the former commisioner (president) wayne wolfe. that sounds like an honest mayor! NOT! maybe state's attorneys office needs to investigate the entire town!! why if wolfe and the two cronnies did nothing wrong why did he resign??? why if he was the cause of brendan and dominick to resign, he was also one of the commisioners who voted to bring them back?? no brain sergion needed for this one .dominick knows what to shred. sorry brendan your not smart enough, you couldn't manage a port-a-pot. TOMMY BROWN FOR MAYOR
LORIETTAZILLA

Midlothian, IL

#9 Mar 25, 2009
I just woke up, Who's making all the noise out here?? Here's what I say.....HE'S ALL AROUND...OUR TOMMY BROWN
Metro South Employee

Tinley Park, IL

#10 Mar 28, 2009
Mayor Peloquin: Thank you.
Midnight Owl

Blue Island, IL

#11 Mar 28, 2009
Metro South Employee wrote:
Is it really the mayer or Bob Rita who saved the hospital?
Metro South Employee

Tinley Park, IL

#12 Mar 28, 2009
As an employee of St. Francis now Metro South: It was Mayor Peloquin who saved the hospital.
LOL

Blue Island, IL

#13 Mar 28, 2009
As an employee of St. Francis now Metro South: It was Mayor Peloquin who saved the hospital.
Can you explain how Peloquin saved the hospital? Are the munites regarding his actions for saving the hsptl published somewhere? I would like to see it.
Sally

El Dorado Hills, CA

#14 Mar 29, 2009
Enough Peloquin--it's time for a new mayor in Blue Island. Gang violence escalates, city infrastructure falling apart, park district being investigated by Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez for financial shenanigans, and still no justice for the murder of Antonio Manrique.
Take a hike, Don.
Bobby Robert Rita

Midlothian, IL

#15 Mar 29, 2009
Midnight Owl wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it really the mayer or Bob Rita who saved the hospital?
It was not the mayor. it was Bobby Robert Rita that helped save the hospital!!!!

Peloquin is just another Fidel Castro
He needs to GO!!!!!
ReadaBook

Midlothian, IL

#16 Mar 29, 2009
Sally wrote:
Enough Peloquin--it's time for a new mayor in Blue Island. Gang violence escalates, city infrastructure falling apart, park district being investigated by Cook County State's Attorney Anita Alvarez for financial shenanigans, and still no justice for the murder of Antonio Manrique.
Take a hike, Don.
Let's play devil's advocate. Let's say all this were true.....HAVE YOU READ ANYTHING THAT BROWN HAS WRITTEN. That flyer was horrible. His section in the forum was horrible. This man writes at an elementary school level. SERIOUSLY. GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT. MADE NO SENSE. DON'T BELIEVE ME? TAKE THE LETTER TO ANY ENGLISH TEACHER.
It wasn't average, it wasn't conversational, IT WAS BAD!
And that's who would run the city? It bothers me to know that my 14 year old son would be smarter than the "Mayor" Brown.
OH...GUN BUYBACK? Anyone who has taken a basic sociology, urban anthropology, political science, etc.,(all freshman 100 level classes at almost every higher learning institution) know that they don't work (i won't get into the reasons why here).
Or you can just use some common sense and research it online and find out that they're futile.
To sum it all up, let's put it this way:
If they were both pizzas...
Peloquin is a pizza from a take out place (such as pizza hut, dominoes, beggars, etc.)
Brown is Jewel Brand frozen pizza.
I might not like Pizza Hut all the time, but I sure as hell will choose over Jewel Brand frozen any day.
Sally

El Dorado Hills, CA

#17 Mar 30, 2009
ReadaBook wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's play devil's advocate. Let's say all this were true.....HAVE YOU READ ANYTHING THAT BROWN HAS WRITTEN. That flyer was horrible. His section in the forum was horrible. This man writes at an elementary school level. SERIOUSLY. GRAMMATICALLY INCORRECT. MADE NO SENSE. DON'T BELIEVE ME? TAKE THE LETTER TO ANY ENGLISH TEACHER.
It wasn't average, it wasn't conversational, IT WAS BAD!
And that's who would run the city? It bothers me to know that my 14 year old son would be smarter than the "Mayor" Brown.
OH...GUN BUYBACK? Anyone who has taken a basic sociology, urban anthropology, political science, etc.,(all freshman 100 level classes at almost every higher learning institution) know that they don't work (i won't get into the reasons why here).
Or you can just use some common sense and research it online and find out that they're futile.
To sum it all up, let's put it this way:
If they were both pizzas...
Peloquin is a pizza from a take out place (such as pizza hut, dominoes, beggars, etc.)
Brown is Jewel Brand frozen pizza.
I might not like Pizza Hut all the time, but I sure as hell will choose over Jewel Brand frozen any day.
I've never tried Jewel frozen pizza and may or may not like it but I'm going to give it, and Brown, a try. If Peloquin is pizza, someone should call quality control.
no thanks Due

United States

#18 Mar 30, 2009
You are giving thanks where it is not due!

Thank you Bobby Rita

Don you're Done! Adios!
Metro South Employee

Tinley Park, IL

#19 Mar 31, 2009
It was about a year ago that St, Francis announced that it was going to close. Everyone at the hospital, clinics and city called Mayor Peloquin. He saved the hospital and city. We are grateful.
cookie

Midlothian, IL

#20 Mar 31, 2009
our mayor has been in so long because no one ran against him i believe tommy brown is the answer blue island needs. what honestly has our mayor done for us????? i think tommy brown will get the gangs out of blue island and get things done. hes the right man for the job. he definetly dedicated for campaining for 2 years now. he will save blue island vote tommy brown

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Improving OUR Community 2 hr Free education on 60
How can I get my street fixed 8 hr Deposit waste 23
Water Rate Increase Some Basic Questions 16 hr Concerned 39
DeMar's Restaurant Robbed 18 hr Chuck 36
What would YOU do? 21 hr Floyd 26
BIIP Taking Our Hard Earned Money AGAIN Fri End Waste 16
Fire Chief to retire 11/30/17 Thu Floyd 7

Blue Island Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance