Sad living inB.I.
LongtimeBIreside nt

Blue Island, IL

#1 Jan 21, 2013
Isn't so sad how Blue Island has become. Our city, our schools, our park district, and buisness in town. Those of you who have serve in those elected offices, your time is up and see what you have done. Give other persons an opportunity to be elected, they can do better, we reached the bottom. As soon I sell my house which has been for sale for 2 yrs, I am out of here! This comunity has not been together for the last 25 yrs. Good luck in the future. You will need it.
Wishing you luck

Munster, IN

#2 Jan 21, 2013
I also agree, my family has been in Blue Island for generations and I purchased my home 17 years ago. I would be very lucky to sell my home for what I bought it for. Taxes have more than tripled and what do taxpayers get for it? Poor schools, closed down storefronts, horrible roads, closed bridges, an old abandoned Jewel, extremely dangerous abandoned gas station, graffit on your property, homeless, drunks, drug addicts wandering around pissing in alleys, gangs, car thefts, home burglaries, section 8 where no one takes pride and this list can go on. I do realize other communities can have these issues too, but think I would take my chances on a town like Frankfort that can have comparable taxes as here. Blue Island is starting to turn into a poor Ford Heights. I wish I could find some positives, but now find I can not get my family out of here quick enough.
Resident

Blue Island, IL

#3 Jan 21, 2013
City officials home rule will not solve the problems in the city. Make an effort to improve the issues facing the city of Blue Island. Do not become Ford Heights.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor Vargas deserves No Medal Of Honor for Sta... 2 hr Lean In 117
The Blue Island Forum 3 hr We Checked 12
Bob Manthei Ousted from Park District? 3 hr Lean In 28
Availability of New BI Ward Map 4 hr Lean In 73
heavy weather in BI Thu No Call 7
State Rep 28th Bob Rita is not addressing the ... (Jul '14) Jun 22 Commingled 122
flooding reported in the 7th (Dec '15) Jun 21 secret plans 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Blue Island Mortgages