Car Crashes Into Suburban Library

Car Crashes Into Suburban Library

There are 199 comments on the NBC Chicago story from Jul 10, 2018, titled Car Crashes Into Suburban Library. In it, NBC Chicago reports that:

A car crashed into a south suburban library early Tuesday, causing extensive damage and likely leaving the facility unable to open amid clean-up and repairs. An employee at the Blue Island Public Library said he received a call at around 2 a.m. about serious damage to the property.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC Chicago.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
HD Vision

Alsip, IL

#1 Jul 14, 2018
Has the establishment been closed that served the driver? When will the liquor license suspension hearings be scheduled?
The BI program

Midlothian, IL

#2 Jul 14, 2018
They Police cannot even get the DUI right or promised follow up info on this mystery criminal how do you expect these clowns in charge to follow through with that. Also they know selective game they pick and choose who to let off and who to give a pass.
Stormy

Blue Island, IL

#3 Jul 15, 2018
HD Vision wrote:
Has the establishment been closed that served the driver? When will the liquor license suspension hearings be scheduled?
The same day hell freezes over.
ITS Obvious

Alsip, IL

#4 Jul 15, 2018
Bl Taxpayers need to understand BIPD are overpaid and engage in numerous irresponsible actions; as evidenced by everything you see.
Stormy

Blue Island, IL

#5 Jul 15, 2018
ITS Obvious wrote:
Bl Taxpayers need to understand BIPD are overpaid and engage in numerous irresponsible actions; as evidenced by everything you see.
"ITS oblivious" you're an unthinking fool.
Conc

Dyer, IN

#6 Jul 15, 2018
ITS Obvious wrote:
And your the moron who stays there
Stormy

Blue Island, IL

#7 Jul 15, 2018
They need something to bitch about
Conc

Dyer, IN

#8 Jul 15, 2018
The problem is there were so many potholes that she started driving on the sidewalk and the building got in her way
DP OverServed

Alsip, IL

#9 Jul 16, 2018
What will Vargas do; with this risk of harm.
WrongDoing

Alsip, IL

#10 Jul 16, 2018
The 10/29/2017, BIPD Press Release should follow JS for the remainder of his career. This must remain a permanent part of his record.
Clown Show

Midlothian, IL

#12 Jul 16, 2018
Make it Right wrote:
Reportedly the person who crashed into the Blue Island Public Library.is a CPS Principal, DDE graduate. Dad, resides on Gregory in Blue Island. The driver reportedly left the Double Play before her crash into the Bl library.

I thought Principals value books and Libraries. this one needs to be prosecuted like any other person driving drunk, No exceptions or case tampering! If she is a principal out on the town at 2am drunk and driving she does not value her Career or position. She needs Uber and AA even better stop drinking. No school Principal or person is above a Law for the public's safety.
Mayor Vargas

Midlothian, IL

#13 Jul 16, 2018
I see case tampering with the DUI perp. If so shame on the BIPD and higher ups in city government. Who will be held accountable for this .
Clown Show

Midlothian, IL

#15 Jul 16, 2018
DP OverServed wrote:
What will Vargas do; with this risk of harm.
Yeah that's the sad thing that we have to ask if Mayor Vargas will do his job and fight for the betterment of Blue Islands future and public safety as it stands it has a poor reputation ...Not good for residents or business here.
Bodine

Blue Island, IL

#16 Jul 16, 2018
Oh well, it just so happens your dumb ass topix discussion about who smashed into the library last week was deleted. Hah. services you morons right.

Why do you worry about things you have no control over ??? Having a negative outlook on everything is not healthy, it causes all kinds of mental anguish for nothing.
Topix is no more than a gossip group of old ladies with nothing better to do than sit around and complain about anything and everything that happens in Blue Island.

You will never accomplish anything good for Blue Island. Don't worry about what happened in the past. You cant change it so don't bitch about it. With your negative attitude you will never do any good around here either.
Clown Show

Midlothian, IL

#17 Jul 16, 2018
Look Bodine i enjoy reading posts on topix its the only place in town to let go ,some people go out and get drunk to work it off i bitch writefully so i'm not going to complain at the city council meeting thats liking talking to a wall for 3 minutes unless your going to praise some bs, which i really think ...some... people are asked to come to meetings and praise when they do something normal that's right in front of the camera then you can go over three minutes this is the only place to complain and find out things they do not want you to know about. Im disgusted and entertained here but do not let it go overboard. however i cannot speak for others.
Tired of it

Orland Park, IL

#18 Jul 16, 2018
Bodine wrote:
Oh well, it just so happens your dumb ass topix discussion about who smashed into the library last week was deleted. Hah. services you morons right.

Why do you worry about things you have no control over ??? Having a negative outlook on everything is not healthy, it causes all kinds of mental anguish for nothing.
Topix is no more than a gossip group of old ladies with nothing better to do than sit around and complain about anything and everything that happens in Blue Island.

You will never accomplish anything good for Blue Island. Don't worry about what happened in the past. You cant change it so don't bitch about it. With your negative attitude you will never do any good around here either.
Yea you’re right. People shouldn’t care that drunk drivers who destroy public property get away w it...and no you can’t change the past...but you can make sure it doesn’t keep happening over and over and over...you’re probably the one covering it up.
Tired of it

Orland Park, IL

#19 Jul 16, 2018
Bodine wrote:

Not to mention had it been 2:15 in the afternoon and not 2:15 in the morning people would most likely be dead. But who cares right???
Love note

Blue Island, IL

#20 Jul 16, 2018
Tired of it wrote:
<quoted text>

Yea you’re right. People shouldn’t care that drunk drivers who destroy public property get away w it...and no you can’t change the past...but you can make sure it doesn’t keep happening over and over and over...you’re probably the one covering it up.
So, how do you know somebody got away with it ? I doubt anybody will run into the library again and it will not be because you complained about the great injustice of it all on topix.

I think you just have a negative attitude about life in general and enjoy finding things to make yourself miserable about. The only cover up here is in your head.

You should just sit back relax and be entertained. All of this actually is quit amusing most of the time. Its all a matter of perception. In the big picture of things its all meaningless.
Love note

Blue Island, IL

#22 Jul 16, 2018
Tired of it wrote:
<quoted text>

I sound miserable because I think criminals should be held accountable? Okay Amanda.
I'd also say your rather self righteous.

I've been called a lot of things but never Amanda.

Have fun complaining . I'll be laughing in amazement of how stupid your gossip
and mud slinging campaigns are.
Tired of it

United States

#23 Jul 16, 2018
Love note wrote:
<quoted text>

I'd also say your rather self righteous.

I've been called a lot of things but never Amanda.

Have fun complaining . I'll be laughing in amazement of how stupid your gossip
and mud slinging campaigns are.
AT how stupid...not of...unfortunately I won’t be laughing at anything because drunk driving is never funny. Mud slinging implies it’s not true...brush up on your vocabulary then come on here and condescend.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Island Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Very Proud of the Residents of Blue Island Who ... 7 hr Real Talk 8
Vargas powerless as council creates new appropr... (Mar '18) 9 hr vote democratic 286
Rita eyeing District 130 (Dec '14) 10 hr MY TAXES ARE TOO ... 54
Paid Bob Rita campaign workers 10 hr MY TAXES ARE TOO ... 20
the blue island forum (Nov '09) Sat Bob Rita 60
Who is Kimberly Nicole Koschnitzky (Feb '18) Sat Silent Bob 102
Firefighter Museum Oct 18 Corrupt Politicians 30

Blue Island Jobs

Personal Finance

Blue Island Mortgages