Remembering Blue Island-Whites-

Posted in the Blue Island Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of51
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
memory lane

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Apr 21, 2013
 
Black Island wrote:
The end product of the Fraser years? They owe no one anything. You caused the conditions you are in. The demographics are just plain different. The thing is, they and I are gone. That is the point. I moved because the people changed. I refuse to live in an area that promotes minorities. I am white and want to live with white people. That isn't racist, it's just a choice I make for me and my kids.
I remember hanging out in the gas station by the flower shop after hours late at night in the summer with some very good friends. We all had hot rods and would watch Western Avenue to see who was out. They would cruise in and shoot the breeze for a while and roll on. The cops would come in and talk to us too. They were cool because we were cool. Not causing any trouble. Those were the days when BI was a good town. I have some very good memories of those summer nights.
What do teens do there now? I can only guess.
Good for you! I know your type. frasor-peloquin managed the perception. The real important things, that could have had a lasting affect were not done. Let's face it, they did not have a clue in what they were doing. They managed the perception.
captain free

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Apr 23, 2013
 
BILib wrote:
The cause of most of the problems we face - including crime - is not racial but gender based. A much higher percentage of criminal activity, not to mention war, is attributable to men.
nope look deeper. the problem is original sin. rebellion. makin ourselves God. it's a losin proposition.
captain free

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Apr 23, 2013
 
Fooled again wrote:
<quoted text>It is racially gender based. You are starting to get it.
SIN based
captain free

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Apr 23, 2013
 
blueislandadmirer wrote:
Thanks for the post..What were some of the other stores? movie theater? What time period you talkin?
starting at vermont walking north. sears, reno's restaurant, klines, walgreens, lee optical, the bank, watland's camera, woolworths, dimestore, kranich's jewelry, luchtemeyer's jewelry, hart's drugstore, hohmans stationary, hollisters jewelry, staes grocery, pat's barber shop, a dentist and optician, oh yeah i forgot Betty herman's dress shop. tiny tots n teens, the mayfair another dress shop. all that in 2 blocks of western and i probably forgot something.
blueislandadmire r

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Apr 23, 2013
 

Judged:

1

greg 121 wrote:
<quoted text>
So that makes all bad ? Your f#%ked up pal ! You know it and that even worse !
Greg if I wasn't enjoying some great posts about white historic blue Island I would call you an ostrich with your head in the sand......and a dumbass.

But I wont do that.
Fooled again

Alsip, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 23, 2013
 
captain free wrote:
<quoted text>starting at vermont walking north. sears, reno's restaurant, klines, walgreens, lee optical, the bank, watland's camera, woolworths, dimestore, kranich's jewelry, luchtemeyer's jewelry, hart's drugstore, hohmans stationary, hollisters jewelry, staes grocery, pat's barber shop, a dentist and optician, oh yeah i forgot Betty herman's dress shop. tiny tots n teens, the mayfair another dress shop. all that in 2 blocks of western and i probably forgot something.
Little Bucky's is all i could come up with.
blueislandadmire r

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 23, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Is what it is wrote:
I am trying to think different than I did all these years. Growing up in this town all my life, my elders schooled us early that blacks and other so called minorities were responsible for anything and everything.
My block was burglarized this year, snow blowers,lawn mowers etc. All us white on the block said damn n%#@%^*"s and security cams on our block proved all burglaries committed by a white man.
The more I sit and think hard about every time I have been a victim of theft or home break in or a fist fight in a store or just in public it was not a minority it was my own kind, and I since then just can't find the energy to keep being bias as I was brought up to be. These thoughts are my own and not meant to offend. Just a factual life experience..
Your life experiences sound like an after school special but that doesn't make them typical..
Lets look at fbi crime stats by race.
How about muder.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
There are 200 million non latino whites in America.
Get it?
200,000,000
There are 40 million blacks.
That's
40,000,000
Blacks commit more murder then whites even though there is 160,000,000 less of them.
READ THAT AGAIN
Blacks commit more murder then whites even though they are out numbered by
160,000,000 million people.
Can that even be comprehended...by anyone.
Its really like comparing butterflies to African Killer Bee's
Those are facts..Facts are not racist.
HEY WAIT A MINUTE.
YES THEY ARE...THE FACTS ARE RACIST
And I will tell you why.
The FBI does not...I repeat...does not have a separate category for Hispanic/Mexican/Latino.
They put all the murders by the LatinKings, Counts, 26, Satan Disciples and all these other latino gangs in the white category.
Even the immigrants that are not even here legally.
Yes...They all go in the white category.
So that facts are racist......Racist against white people.
And even with that. Blacks still outmurder the whites and Mexicans together.
How many of those murders in the white category are latino?
I don't know....A lot.
If they classified whites by themselves it would be spit in a bucket against an ocean of murders.
Not racist at all...Any of this post..Its just facts people
Facts.
Here is a a link to the fbi most wanted list...Click on descriptions and see for yourself.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/
It makes singular stories about a stolen lawnmower seem so stupid, moronic and uneducated.
Believe you me pal...Whites are losing the lawnmower stealing competition by a wide margin.
blueislandadmire r

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Apr 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

My last post should shut up all the trolls in this thread. Feel free to post about the heyday of white Blue Island.
CASA

Oak Forest, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
Apr 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

blueislandadmirer wrote:
My last post should shut up all the trolls in this thread. Feel free to post about the heyday of white Blue Island.
I think the point is that there never was a "white Blue Island." We have always been a diverse community and that's a good thing.
blueislandadmire r

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
Apr 24, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Casa
Do you know how to read?
blueislandadmire r

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
Apr 27, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CASA wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the point is that there never was a "white Blue Island." We have always been a diverse community and that's a good thing.
Show me a census report that backs up your statements?
TouchyFeely

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
Apr 29, 2013
 
greg 121 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well duech bags like yourself were so bigoted they just could not believe all people are created equal ! And made this city so divisive ! Maybe if we are lucky your house will burn down ! Wherever the F#%k you live now,
Wow,,,How very Chistian of you!
Once upon a time

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
Apr 29, 2013
 
There was a Montgomery Wards,Dad and Lads,a few bakeries.In the mid 60s BI still had a Dodge,Ford,Chevy,Oldsmobile,Me rcury and Buick dealers.A few more hardware stores,Prince Castle and A&W Rootbeer.Oops,almost forgot the taxi cab co.We started to lose as "malls" opened,the interstate made it easier to move about and cities like Tinley,Oak Forest and Orland had room to expand new housing,roads,schools,etc.
built to last

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
Apr 29, 2013
 
Those houses up and down Maple are awesome!

Since: May 10

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
May 20, 2013
 
blueislandadmirer wrote:
<quoted text>Greg if I wasn't enjoying some great posts about white historic blue Island I would call you an ostrich with your head in the sand......and a dumbass.

But I wont do that.
I get the point. and no head in the sand here dick ! still have skin in the game. Hope you moved the fu#% out to be honest !

Since: May 10

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
May 20, 2013
 
blueislandadmirer wrote:
<quoted text>Your life experiences sound like an after school special but that doesn't make them typical..
Lets look at fbi crime stats by race.
How about muder.
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in...
There are 200 million non latino whites in America.
Get it?
200,000,000
There are 40 million blacks.
That's
40,000,000
Blacks commit more murder then whites even though there is 160,000,000 less of them.
READ THAT AGAIN
Blacks commit more murder then whites even though they are out numbered by
160,000,000 million people.
Can that even be comprehended...by anyone.
Its really like comparing butterflies to African Killer Bee's
Those are facts..Facts are not racist.
HEY WAIT A MINUTE.
YES THEY ARE...THE FACTS ARE RACIST
And I will tell you why.
The FBI does not...I repeat...does not have a separate category for Hispanic/Mexican/Latino.
They put all the murders by the LatinKings, Counts, 26, Satan Disciples and all these other latino gangs in the white category.
Even the immigrants that are not even here legally.
Yes...They all go in the white category.
So that facts are racist......Racist against white people.
And even with that. Blacks still outmurder the whites and Mexicans together.
How many of those murders in the white category are latino?
I don't know....A lot.
If they classified whites by themselves it would be spit in a bucket against an ocean of murders.
Not racist at all...Any of this post..Its just facts people
Facts.
Here is a a link to the fbi most wanted list...Click on descriptions and see for yourself.
http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/topten/
It makes singular stories about a stolen lawnmower seem so stupid, moronic and uneducated.
Believe you me pal...Whites are losing the lawnmower stealing competition by a wide margin.


Not racist ? So all blacks and Hispanics in BI are the problem ? As you post insinuates. The " white blue island " maybe if racists like yourself treated people of color with respect decades ago the facts wouldn't be the facts Dick

Since: May 10

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
May 20, 2013
 
blueislandadmirer wrote:
My last post should shut up all the trolls in this thread. Feel free to post about the heyday of white Blue Island.
One blueislandadmirer we do not need here !

Since: May 10

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
May 20, 2013
 
TouchyFeely wrote:
<quoted text>Wow,,,How very Chistian of you!
Thanks !
blueislandadmire r

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#41
May 20, 2013
 
I never said all blacks and Mexicans in BI are a problem. Don't make things up. Don't argue against points that I did not make. What my post means is that the more you have in a town. The more crime their.will be because.minorities are factually more violent.

As far as what you are saying about treatment decades ago leading to crime today

Wrong

Most of the Hispanics in this country were not here decades ago. And to encompass all minority crime. Most of the crime is committed by young thugs under 25. So many were not born or were small children decades ago.
You should just shut up. It is beyond clear you do not know what you are talking about and your feelings are geared by emotion rather then fact.

Since: May 10

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
May 20, 2013
 
Black Island wrote:
The end product of the Fraser years? They owe no one anything. You caused the conditions you are in. The demographics are just plain different. The thing is, they and I are gone. That is the point. I moved because the people changed. I refuse to live in an area that promotes minorities. I am white and want to live with white people. That isn't racist, it's just a choice I make for me and my kids.
I remember hanging out in the gas station by the flower shop after hours late at night in the summer with some very good friends. We all had hot rods and would watch Western Avenue to see who was out. They would cruise in and shoot the breeze for a while and roll on. The cops would come in and talk to us too. They were cool because we were cool. Not causing any trouble. Those were the days when BI was a good town. I have some very good memories of those summer nights.
What do teens do there now? I can only guess.
They do the same thing that's what my kids do here now. " you moved because you refuse to live in an area that promotes minorities " and you say your not racist ?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of51
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

13 Users are viewing the Blue Island Forum right now

Search the Blue Island Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blue Island eyes rowing center, larger marina 24 min We believe 34
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Riigsby5555 48,700
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 10 hr newpoly 3,820
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 11 hr newpoly 1,832
City Attorney ShawnTe Raines has No Municipal A... 13 hr Thankful 30
Mike Madigan Ready To Insult Your Intelligence ... (Feb '13) 14 hr power 200
Blue Island Strong (Jan '14) 22 hr Watch 201
•••
•••
•••
•••

Blue Island Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Blue Island People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Blue Island News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Blue Island
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••