Why Move To Stone County?

Posted in the Blue Eye Forum

“HILL FOR SHERIFF!!!”

Since: Jul 08

AOL

#1 Jul 29, 2008
By Sheriff Richard Hill - As published in the 2008-2009 Relocation Guide Stone County Chamber of Commerce

“That question crossed my mind many times before my family and I made that decision. I guess there are many reasons to move to this wonderful area, but I can only tell you why we made the move.
When my wife and I were ready to make our move in 1990, we looked back and tried to focus on where we had lived and traveled. We had been living and working in Southern California for the past six years and knew that we wanted to get back home to Missouri. As we thought of where we had our most pleasurable times with children, Stone County was our number one choice.
Being in law Enforcement, I knew that I wanted to be in an area that was safe for my family. I soon found that Stone County was an area where neighbors were neighbors and they looked out for each other. It wasn’t long that we knew that we really did not have to lock our home when we went to town, and that our children were safe riding to and from school or spending the day at Silver Dollar City.
In 1994 I began work for Stone County as the Chief Deputy of the Sheriff’s Office. I had a first hand look at what the crime rate was for the area, and found it to be much lower than any area that we had previously lived. We watched Stone County rapidly grow, and I have seen some outside influences come into this county. But what I have admired is the people of Stone County, including the youth, have held fast to their beliefs and there has been no big city problems really take hold.
In 1996, I was elected to the office of Sheriff. Thanks to the citizens of Stone County in the early 1990’s, a sales tax passed and the Sheriff’s Office started to grow. We now have well trained and equipped deputies that do their very best to serve the citizens. We are not only very proactive in our daily patrol and investigations, but we try to make a difference in the community by educating homeowners in home security and bringing the D.A.R.E. program to our youth for the past 14 years.
We have worked with the County Commission in doing so, they have seen the importance of having a progressive Sheriff’s Office. Over the last 11 years, we have more than doubled in size, and added a state of the art E:911 Dispatch Center, We have partnered with the Missouri Sheriffs’ Association and now have a yearly academy for new peace officers in Stone County.
So why move to Stone County? There are many reasons, but for me, I don’t think you could find a much safer and friendly area to move to."

www.myspace.com/sheriffhill
weirded out

United States

#2 Sep 13, 2008
Spam again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Eye Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murdered child story 14 min Dincas 11
Do you approve of Jay Waggoner as Mayor? 12 hr educator 11
John Carter 21 hr fed-up-with-u 7
Willow springs sports; slap in the face Mon civic duty 12
Brooke Messex.. C*ck wh*re? Mon civic duty 4
protesters at 4way stop today Sun U R Missleading P... 24
jacked up black GMC Sun I-will 1
Blue Eye Dating
Find my Match

Blue Eye Jobs