What's Willow Springs like now?

Posted in the Blue Eye Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lookin Round

Tempe, AZ

#1 Jun 29, 2013
We stayed in Willow over 30 years ago on vacation & thought it was nice. Especially the farms and country. How's it now? Is crime bad? We're in SoCal & crime is B-A-D & getting worse all the time. Is Meth a big problem? Meth is a huge problem in a lot of SoCal (especially deserts). We're not locals & we're wondering if there would be problems and such in our retirement. Appreciate any input. God Bless.
Curious

Ozark, MO

#2 Jun 29, 2013
It is a nice town, but if you are looking to avoid meth users you won't find a big difference from where you are living now. However, drugs are anywhere you go. There are really good things about this area, so that decision will be up to you. It is not an ugly world, it is a beautiful world with some ugly things in it. Hope wherever you end up you are happy!
Jake2

Forsyth, MO

#3 Jun 30, 2013
I second what Curious said-However it IS like small towns everywhere, you have a few that let power,(big duck in little puddle?)go to their heads. Mostly, you just ignore what you dont want to see, and make your own space happy.
go to mountain home

Osceola, MO

#4 Jun 30, 2013
The town itself looks like crap compared to 30 years ago. there is no economy, at least not that supplies enough income for home repairs and remodels, or enough tax base to provide modern infrastructure or competent city management. No place to live, okay to retire. Look for lowest school district taxes. Convenience to doctors, hospitals, dentists, grocery and supplies, what exactly you want to do for leisure or recreation, its not the best location for fishing and golf, decet for hunting. Consider your political or religious beliefs, it is very conservative, if you're a democrat you will be unhappy. If you're WHITE, and a redneck anti-government type like me, it's your place. Willow Springs is not the worst town in the Ozarks, but definitely not the best.
Lookin Round

San Francisco, CA

#5 Jun 30, 2013
Wow! Thanks a bunch for the input. We're looking for a quiet place to retire where people mind their own business and so on. Somewhere with less home invasion takeover robberies, less carjackings and ATM killings, etc. The Governor of Calif has let truckloads of prison inmates loose (both violent and non-violent types) and the courts have ordered him to release another 10,000 by fall! Very restrictive guns laws requiring a background check to buy ammo with a $50 year ammo purchase fee, etc. Semi-autos now required to stamp the serial # of the gun on each shell casing after use, etc. We'll check out a few other towns too. Again, we mind our own business and don't ever bother anyone, no gossiping, praise the Lord! Thanks & I enjoy reading this forum.
not bad

Ashburn, VA

#6 Jun 30, 2013
willow is a good place!! every place has the bad, but avoid hookin up with it and u will enjoy it!!
ozakien

United States

#7 Jun 30, 2013
Willow stinks now that oil co. Came in .
Lookin Round

Los Angeles, CA

#8 Jun 30, 2013
ozakien wrote:
Willow stinks now that oil co. Came in .
Oil company? Is there fracking or refining now?
I agree

Ozark, MO

#9 Jun 30, 2013
Lookin Round wrote:
Wow! Thanks a bunch for the input. We're looking for a quiet place to retire where people mind their own business and so on. Somewhere with less home invasion takeover robberies, less carjackings and ATM killings, etc. The Governor of Calif has let truckloads of prison inmates loose (both violent and non-violent types) and the courts have ordered him to release another 10,000 by fall! Very restrictive guns laws requiring a background check to buy ammo with a $50 year ammo purchase fee, etc. Semi-autos now required to stamp the serial # of the gun on each shell casing after use, etc. We'll check out a few other towns too. Again, we mind our own business and don't ever bother anyone, no gossiping, praise the Lord! Thanks & I enjoy reading this forum.
Try Columbia or its outlying communities vs Willow, you will like it a lot better there. Better services community and more lots more to do!

Here you have to drive 2 hrs to get to any mall shopping or other services. Much better area!
Hank

United States

#10 Jun 30, 2013
This should really be on the Willow Springs forum.
new area

United States

#11 Jun 30, 2013
I grew up in willow and moved away because it got weird and crazy for a little town. It's all ran down and like someone said there is nothing to do there. Check out branson or nixa area.
lion

New York, NY

#12 Jun 30, 2013
Name one thing better about Willow Springs than Ava, Cabool, Mountain Grove, Houston, or Moutain View?

The Ferguson Building with its old time Big Smith overall sign is nice.
Bob Pollard

United States

#13 Jul 1, 2013
Willow Springs is one of the nicest towns in the area. Great leadership and is growing stronger and stronger everyday.
ummmm

Ashburn, VA

#14 Jul 1, 2013
Hank wrote:
This should really be on the Willow Springs forum.
Wow what a smart one you are here!! This is the Willow Springs forum.... duuuhh
tkr

Ozark, MO

#15 Jul 1, 2013
Wow look under mt. view There it is also. You are really the smart one. Right
ummmm

Ashburn, VA

#16 Jul 1, 2013
well excuse me!! I don't waiste all my time going from town to town on a topix forum!!!! Must lead a very interesting life huh, so much so that you're all caught up on wha forum is where... hmmmm maybe a bit pathedic my dear. Have a great night, topix police(aka) smarta**
ummmm

Ashburn, VA

#17 Jul 1, 2013
and yes I am very aware of inproper spelling and other mistakes. just to save you time on pointing that out as well!!
tkr

Ozark, MO

#18 Jul 1, 2013
No, I was on Mt. View topix just like you were on Willow Spring topix. So we must both be pathetic?????? You were the original Smart Ass!
new kid

Branson, MO

#19 Jul 3, 2013
lion wrote:
Name one thing better about Willow Springs than Ava, Cabool, Mountain Grove, Houston, or Moutain View?
The Ferguson Building with its old time Big Smith overall sign is nice.
We have the city cops taking care of the bypass with is no. 1 over the people in Willow.(sad)
The Mask

Springfield, MO

#20 Jul 8, 2013
People DEFINITELY don't mind their own business in Willow. You will be a victim as soon as you move here and people start to get to know you. They have nothing better to do than gossip at the local cafe's and diners.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Blue Eye Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trophy plant (Nov '11) 12 hr Thads Friend 99
Willow springs apartments (Jan '16) Feb 13 Citizen 9
Info please Feb 13 Thads Friend 5
Travis Engh (Apr '11) Feb 12 xxx 5
The Aztec Club Feb 12 ABC 3
who are the best looking men in willow (Nov '09) Feb 9 Pretty good 160
New Manager Jan 31 Willowsucks 4

Blue Eye Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance