Mixed messages: Eating disorders a problem among Orthodox Jews

Dec 14, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Town Talk

Hilary Waller remembers begging her mother to let her fast on Yom Kippur. At 10 years old she was a bit too young, but embracing the rigid discipline seemed desperately important.

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Dec 26, 2010
rabbee yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2010

Judged:

doing something just because, everyone else in your neighborhood or group does it. has always been, the wrong reason for doing anything.

if you ain't doing it, because you love G-D here and now, in TheTorah. then you should expect, all kinds of, doing it without question corruption to eventually creep in.

Since: Dec 10

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 26, 2010

eating disorders is not only an issue to the orthodox jews but it's a like a plague to the youngsters as well like my 2nd child, she's 15 now, she is not experiencing any eating disorder yet but she is somewhat showing signs of it. peer pressure can be the number 1 cause why my daughter tends to think of dieting and that will lead to any eating disorder sooner, that i would never want to happen. as early as today i always let her take supplements for her overall wellness and to discipline her with the behavior of being too much concern with her physical appearance.

maxalife.com/mx-omega-3/

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Blue Bell Discussions

Search the Blue Bell Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 2 hr More Settled Science 3,803
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 2 hr More Settled Science 51,184
Norristown Man Gets Prison for Felony Welfare F... 8 hr get rid of section 8 1
Jillian Mele Goes Back To School - About NBC 10... (Mar '08) Jul 9 Justin 41
Montco lawmaker seeks probe of disruption of lo... Jul 8 greymouser 2
David F Simon, Friend of Pennsylvania Governor ... Jun '14 Tom Corbett 2
Review: Apple Family Dentistry (Jul '10) May '14 Natosha 20
•••
•••

Blue Bell News Video

•••
•••

Blue Bell Jobs

•••